Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread - Games resuming 20 June - CLUB RELATED ONLY  (Read 267377 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Revealed: £170m moves from Leeds and West Brom feared by PL chiefs

Source: https://www.footballinsider247.com/premier-league-fear-lawsuit-from-leeds-united-and-west-brom/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

I agree. Voiding the season would create so much resentment towards the people who run football in this country.  But they have not got a good record. They have made a right mess of VAR where in other sports it works perfectly.

If they did void the season that means they would have to void our season tickets and all clubs would have to refund season ticket holders. That would mean financial ruin for a lot of clubs including us.

I would rather it played behind closed doors. If they did void the season i would have to seriously think if I would bother getting a season ticket again.

Its only the same case if we had extreme bad weather and no football could be played for a few months. Would they void the season then ??  No they would just extend the season.

Why would they have to refund season ticket holders? It's not as if the clubs have decided to end the season 10 games early and have any culpability.

Since we've already said that we will offer iFollow to all season ticket holders to enable them to watch any games that are played behind closed doors I'm not sure what else they could do.

Some fans still won't be able to watch on iFollow (my mum for example has no internet access) but I'd assume that most will accept that the club has tried to compensate fans with the gesture.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

A couple of options.

Cancel next season entirely and finish off this season in place of next season.

Or

Get a grip and finish off this season as soon as possible but advise the vulnerable to not attend games. Even play the games behind closed doors if they need to.

This could go on for the rest of the year or until a vaccine is released which will be next year. The government will eventually u-turn and tell us to go back to normal apart from the most vulnerable and we'll all be wondering why we wasted the chance to finish the season when it should have been finished. No way we all go on with the current measures for another 6-9 months, the world will cease to function.

This really isn't the solution. The vulnerable can stay away from a footie match but then a young person can carry it and pass it on in a setting where vulnerable may be, or even pass it on and they pass it on. The mortality rate is low yes, but it's very contagious.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

I think the season should be played out behind closed doors with pay per view for the top two divisions, revenue to be shared with the clubs involved, good for the clubs, good for the fans.
Baggie in Southampton

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Revealed: £170m moves from Leeds and West Brom feared by PL chiefs

Source: https://www.footballinsider247.com/premier-league-fear-lawsuit-from-leeds-united-and-west-brom/

I'm not sure how this has any foundation, as I understand it there is no Premier League legislation that the top 3 in the EFL Championship get automatic promotion, they are invited to replace the Premier League bottom 3.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

I'm not sure how this has any foundation, as I understand it there is no Premier League legislation that the top 3 in the EFL Championship get automatic promotion, they are invited to replace the Premier League bottom 3.
Just says that Prem are worried about it,
I'm worried how I will spend my lottery winnings, doesn't mean it will happen (winning not spending)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Albion to scale back operations

In light of recent events we are writing to you to advise of some operational changes the Club are taking in response to the coronavirus health crisis.
The Club will be stripping back its activities to support efforts to protect the health and well-being of players, staff and supporters. From today, The Hawthorns will be operating with a skeleton staff.
We will keep you updated with developments over email and on our social media platforms and on wba.co.uk. If you have a query please email enquiries@wbafc.co.uk.
TICKET OFFICE
The Ticket Office will be closed for visitors but fans can still use wbatickets.co.uk or call the Ticket Office on 0121 227 2227, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
RETAIL
The Stadium store is now closed and the Merry Hill store will close at 9pm this evening until at least 3rd April 2020. Any orders that were in store for Click & Collect have been passed to Stadium Reception for collection.
Supporters can still shop online at shop.wba.co.uk but please note we will be staffing the warehouse two days per week so there may be a delay in delivery of your order. There will be no Express Delivery option for now. If you have any queries for the retail team please email retail@wbafc.co.uk.
ALBION FOUNDATION
The Albion Foundation will reduce its staffing operations to a skeleton level and will encourage work from home wherever possible. It will continue to deliver to schools and in the community for all but the more vulnerable groups until government guidelines change.
HOSPITALITY
The Hospitality team will be working from home but your Account Manager can still be contacted via email, if you do not have an Account Manager but do have a query please contact hospitality@wbafc.co.uk.
CONFERENCE & EVENTS
At present we are still facilitating any booked events to be held at The Hawthorns. This may change as government instruction does but at present booked events are sill taking place. We have alternative catering options in place for anyone that requires them. Our Events Team will also be working from home but will be contactable over email or at events@wbafc.co.uk.
Mark Jenkins, Albion’s CEO, commented: “Clearly, we are in unprecedented times which will bring challenges for us all.
“But I want to reassure both our staff and supporters that the Club is soundly positioned to emerge from this period ready to resume normal operations, whenever that may be.
“The health and well-being of our staff and supporters is uppermost in our thoughts and as a result we have taken sensible precautions to try to protect their welfare.
“Where possible we are making plans for our staff to work from home and have already instigated protocols to reduce engagement between players and supporters for their mutual well-being.
“We are in a time which none of us have ever experienced before and it would be silly not to concede there are challenges ahead. But equally I have no doubts that our Club will overcome the difficulties.
“In the meantime, on behalf of all of us at Albion, I can only send our best wishes to all of our supporters and urge them to heed the best advice available and stay safe and well while we all cope with this global emergency.”
For health information and advice, head to the NHS website, while the government's recommendations can be found here.
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

this season must be finished at some stage when that migh be, its next season that should suffer or even the season after that
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

Even that's difficult though.  Do we lose our loan players if the season extends past June?

KN22

• Senior Baggie

Even that's difficult though.  Do we lose our loan players if the season extends past June?

Not sure but I would assume that the rules over loans ending on 30 June will have to be changed.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Euros postponed till next year.
Baggie in Southampton

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Makes sense. This season has to be finished.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

The CL and EL finals are pencilled in for 3rd week in June. Just been confirmed by UEFA so expecting football to resume before then obviously

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Are Sky Sports reducing the cost yet.
Baggie in Southampton

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

Why would they have to refund season ticket holders? It's not as if the clubs have decided to end the season 10 games early and have any culpability.

Since we've already said that we will offer iFollow to all season ticket holders to enable them to watch any games that are played behind closed doors I'm not sure what else they could do.

Some fans still won't be able to watch on iFollow (my mum for example has no internet access) but I'd assume that most will accept that the club has tried to compensate fans with the gesture.

If they void the season then all the matches we watched were meaningless.

And yes if we are denied the opportunity to see the last 5 matches , which we have paid for then I expect a refund for those matches. I would also think that any other fan from any club in the country would also expect the same. In fact its almost a fifth of what we have paid.  That's approximately £80 to me. So if we say we have 15,000 season ticket holders at an average of £60 refund each that's about £900,000 refunds west brom would have to give back. So the financial impact on the clubs  will be quite severe.  Some of the clubs would probably not be able to survive such a financial burden.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

Not sure but I would assume that the rules over loans ending on 30 June will have to be changed.
I am sure they will say the default is loans go until the last game

timdon

• Senior Baggie

I am sure they will say the default is loans go until the last game
Depends if the loan agreement says "until the end of the season" or "until 30 June". My guess is that for almost all loans it will be the latter. In which case, we (or any other club) won't have any legal right to continue with the loan past the agreed date. You can't force either the parent club or the player to extend the loan period. The same problem arises for players whose contracts end on 30 June - you can't force them to stay if they don't want to.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

My guess it will be a month of behind closed doors games, 2 games a week, maybe in June or July, SKY will agree to put out a lot of games free as a gesture of goodwill - and good marketing if you are being cynical.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

UEFA want all football seasons/fixtures completed by June 30th they have confirmed as long as doesnt get drastically worse.

Seens there likely will be some behind closed doors then.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

My guess it will be a month of behind closed doors games, 2 games a week, maybe in June or July, SKY will agree to put out a lot of games free as a gesture of goodwill - and good marketing if you are being cynical.

If only, its sky they will probably up their prices.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

If they void the season then all the matches we watched were meaningless.

And yes if we are denied the opportunity to see the last 5 matches , which we have paid for then I expect a refund for those matches. I would also think that any other fan from any club in the country would also expect the same. In fact its almost a fifth of what we have paid.  That's approximately £80 to me. So if we say we have 15,000 season ticket holders at an average of £60 refund each that's about £900,000 refunds west brom would have to give back. So the financial impact on the clubs  will be quite severe.  Some of the clubs would probably not be able to survive such a financial burden.
I think you may be surprised
Some would ask and want a refund, some would say that it’s not the most important thing....totally understanding that each to their own .
But your point about other clubs is the biggie....we could probably cope...others and a few of them....just wouldn’t .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Things to do between now and 3rd April

“Can you name every Albion manager?”

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2020/march/can-you-name-every-albion-manager/

And don’t forget to Let us know your score
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Things to do between now and 3rd April

“Can you name every Albion manager?”

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2020/march/can-you-name-every-albion-manager/

And don’t forget to Let us know your score

76% with 100% post 1987
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

Only one I couldnt remember was Jesse Carver..and took me ages to remember Ray Harford.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

2015-2017  couldn't recall who the FOOTBALL manager was during this spell.