Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 7836 times)

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

Perspective
« on: July 11, 2020, 08:50:22 PM »
In 2008 we won the league with 81 points&lost 11 games. We currently have 81 points&have lost 6 games. 3 big games to go. Keep the faith

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Perspective
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 08:54:49 PM »
I'm not really sure how this helps lol.

It is important to keep calm, keep things in perspective and prepare properly for our next game.

Keep our heads and were likely to get over the line. I'd much rather be in our position than Brentford's or Fulham's.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 09:02:25 PM »
I'm not really sure how this helps lol.

It is important to keep calm, keep things in perspective and prepare properly for our next game.

Keep our heads and were likely to get over the line. I'd much rather be in our position than Brentford's or Fulham's.

It doesn't, it's totally irrelevant. Mowbray got the points needed to win the League. We need to get the points needed to finish top 2. There are no parallels to be drawn.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 09:20:13 PM »
In 2008 we won the league with 81 points&lost 11 games. We currently have 81 points&have lost 6 games. 3 big games to go. Keep the faith

Well said. 3 games left and automatic promotion is in our hands.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 06:15:00 AM »
For all the panic and worry we're still in the driving seat.
3 games to go 2 wins and a draw assuming the teams below all win their games.
I bet Fulham and Brentford would swap places with us in the drop of a hat.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 08:52:50 PM »
For all the panic and worry we're still in the driving seat.
3 games to go 2 wins and a draw assuming the teams below all win their games.
I bet Fulham and Brentford would swap places with us in the drop of a hat.

Have to say despite our season petering out in dismal fashion and 8 wins from 23 games is not good, I have enjoyed it immensely, particularly the away games. Some of the performances have been magnificent,Millwall away my favouriite ,
and Mr Pereira has been a joy to watch. I could cry at the thought of him moving on before we get to see him again.
I know we still have the play-offs to come , but I fear that that will also be a bridge too far. I would jettison Johnstone, Austin, HRK, Phillips , and Townsend, for the play-offs, and give the some of the kids an opportunity to experience big important games without crowd pressure.
We have missed a golden opportunity and if the current bottom three Prem teams are relegated, I would say we will struggle to finish ahead of any of them. Could be a while before we get another opportunity like the one we have apparently just blown
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 09:06:34 PM »
We should still have a decent squad next season;

Palmer (Johnstone can do one after tonight)
O’Shea ajayi Bartley Townsend
Sawyers Field
Phillips Pereira Grosicki
Zohore

A decent manager has that team challenging, I just don’t trust Bilic after the last 6 months

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 09:08:09 PM »

Sawyers Field
Zohore

A decent manager has that team challenging, I just don’t trust Bilic after the last 6 months

Pereira will not be here next season
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 09:10:56 PM »
Why?

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 09:11:13 PM »

Sawyers Field
Zohore

Are you having a laugh?

Townsend, phillips and zohore need to be moved on.
O Shea has a lot to learn
Bartley is a liability
Field is 50/50 if he will be at the level we would require to push for promotion next season if we fail to go up this season.

The only positives we have for next season are Bilic and Pereira.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 09:12:03 PM »

Sawyers Field
Zohore

Firstly, that isn't decent,  Townsend, Bartley, Field and Zohore are in it. Secondly you're on a different planet if you think Pereira will still be here.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 09:12:09 PM »
Pereira will be gone to cover the massive drop in parachute payments. So we have to better whatever we do this season without him and with many of the same players. Good luck to us all.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 09:12:31 PM »
Why?

Will be sold ASAP to a prem team to help us stay afloat financially/have some money to spend in the summer
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2020, 09:12:48 PM »

Something fishy going on with the transfer imo or we’d have announced him. If we have signed him, it’ll be a 4 year contract at least so I’d make him stay a year and see what happens. Only definite are no Diangana or Krovinovic, after the last couple of games, does that make much difference  ;D

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2020, 09:14:55 PM »
Why?

Because without parachute payments we will need the funds to simply operate.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 09:15:10 PM »

Sawyers Field
Zohore

Are you on the wind up . If that’s our team next season then I was right in saying it’s back to the 1990’s for us . In fact I’d say that team is on par or pretty close with anything we had in the 1990’s . Ajei and Perriera the only two players that are worth anything
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 09:17:31 PM by wbarenno »

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 09:16:20 PM »
Because without parachute payments we will need the funds to simply operate.

This

The 40 million we received is 65% of our turnover . Next season we get 9 million on our final parachute payment , don’t take a rocket scientist to work out that massive drop in money coming in

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 09:17:00 PM »
Correct. Unfortunately though, we will, that’s the upshot, the only ones that really care are us poor saps.
I want Bilic sacked tonight for that, it was unforgivable. Forget the play offs, who cares, we don’t stand a chance with our current mindset and we deserve better.
I know some will say things like “unbelievable “ but I don’t care, I owe Bilic nothing. He has let us down with his flannel but, when push come to shove, he bottled it big time and doesn’t deserve another chance. Coward!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2020, 09:17:55 PM »
Are you having a laugh?

Townsend, phillips and zohore need to be moved on.
O Shea has a lot to learn
Bartley is a liability
Field is 50/50 if he will be at the level we would require to push for promotion next season if we fail to go up this season.

The only positives we have for next season are Bilic and Pereira.

Bilic a positive? He’s oversaw the biggest implosion of an Albion team I have known since I started going in 96/97.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2020, 09:18:46 PM »
This

The 40 million we received is 65% of our turnover . Next season we get 9 million on our final parachute payment , don’t take a rocket scientist to work out that massive drop in money coming in

Some fans play too much Football Manager though and don’t understand reality.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 09:20:47 PM »
Bilic a positive? He’s oversaw the biggest implosion of an Albion team I have known since I started going in 96/97.

The board no doubt will see what happens with Brentford tomorrow but I’m expecting the axe to fall on Slaven. 🪓

Biggest implosion I’ve witnessed at the Albion and Franksey...”he’s gorra go”

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 09:21:08 PM »
And if we dont have audiences we lose season ticket revenue which in the grand scheme of things isnt much but it helps.

Today showed our issues. We have awful strikers and a shocking keeper. Good goal scoring midfielders have papered over the cracks. Perfect storm today. They spoke about a 2 year project last summer so who knows. However we wont see krovonovic diangana and probably periera next year ... and we still have a lot of dead wood to shift...
O Albion we love you

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 09:21:33 PM »
You really need perspective watch Brentford dismantle Stoke tomorrow.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 09:24:00 PM »
The board no doubt will see what happens with Brentford tomorrow but I’m expecting the axe to fall on Slaven. 🪓

Biggest implosion I’ve witnessed at the Albion and Franksey...”he’s gorra go”

I very much doubt it. If he were to go it would have to be a resignation as we won’t be able to afford the compensation package.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2020, 09:26:51 PM »

What more can he physically do with the guys he has to select his team from?

How many sitters have we saw ALL THREE of our strikers miss? especially in games that have ended in draws? That's not down to bilic because our stikers are ****
How many times as Johnstone WATCHED the ball roll past him? we can all scream to drop him but the guys replacing him are no better

Just those two factors have been massive problems all season, that's without mentioning the actual football he has bought back to the club after us all witnessing absolute dross through the Pulis period. We have a very fickle fan base I must admit.... one min he's getting called a genius because his subs have won us the game, next minute fans are calling for his head because we lose a game.

The board said it was a 2 year plan, only the deluded fans were expecting us to walk the league.... like you said yourself, too many people play football manager and don't understand reality.