Thorne
0 (0%)
Long
0 (0%)
Odemwingie
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: January 10, 2013, 11:21:39 AM

Author Topic: 1 Jan 2013 Albion 1 Fulham 2  (Read 86797 times)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

Re: 8 minute applause
« Reply #525 on: January 03, 2013, 11:46:49 AM »
Albion aginst that vile sub human scum from witton will always be a game that some of us older ( LADS ) (and it is where you come from ) will say means more to us than the Wolves game. Dont let the sub human vile fans hood wink you into thinking they are not our rivals, they know they are. Dislike Dingles, hate Vile with a passion!
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #526 on: January 03, 2013, 12:28:33 PM »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #527 on: January 03, 2013, 01:20:33 PM »
 :D I did notice that myself at the time because I thought Lukaku was offside at first and looked at the referee for some reason, saw him do that signal and had a little chuckle before celebrating our goal.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

jim68

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #528 on: January 03, 2013, 05:05:56 PM »
Couldn't believe the line up to be honest. No Long, no Odemwingie. We start with Brunt who's been pretty poor in every match he's played in. George Thorne had a stormer at Old Trafford and I fully expected to see him along side Mulumbu.

Tamas was okay, Jones played well, Lukaku was busy but isolated but that was it.  Midfield were dire. Brunt, Morrison, Fortune, Gera and Mulumbu all had no impact in the first half.

I'm struggling to see why Brunt is getting a game though. He's doing nothing positive. he doesn't look like a captain, he can't/doesnt tackle, can't run and he makes poor passes even short 2 yd passes go astray then he looks around for someone else to blame and runs around pointing at others....hardly leading by example is it. don't understand why people are saying he should be played out wide as he never stays there...he always comes inside leaving us lop sided. Sorry Chris you were a good player once but not any more.....maybe a 15 minute sub.
the bottom line is clarkes starting with players who are badly out of form [/restricted i know ] especially the midfielders /just wish he'd realise were not chelsea allus supporters really pleased with the season so far just worried von current form we'll sliding down the table ???

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #529 on: January 03, 2013, 05:44:15 PM »
Starting line ups - the Stoke defeat at home:

Long

Gera         Rosenberg        Dorrans

The Fulham defeat at home:

Lukaku

Gera         Morrison          Fortune

Neither of these worked at all. We were very static and devoid of ideas and had no wing play. Hope Clarke learns his lessons and doesn't shoot himself in the foot with awful team selections. 

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #530 on: January 03, 2013, 09:46:35 PM »
Reminded me of New Years Day last year against Everton. I wonder if we'd have played better if away. i.e. the squad is together in hotel overnight, rather than having the distraction of New years Eve with family etc.
I'm not so sure it was the team selection which was wrong. We have all seen the same players perform on other occasions.  They did not look at all fired up, apart from 15 minutes in the second half. Fulham looked very sharp. They cleverly allowed Albion players to complete their passes before pouncing into tackles. Berbatov is very clever. He (and Jol knows) its stupid to go and stand around the edge of the box in build up. Much better to give our centre backs nobody to mark. I don't know though if we should have man marked Berbatov. You sacrifice one player's own creativity by doing that, and it is quite rare nowadays. 
The main problem was Fulham were more up for it apart from the 15 minute spell, when we raised the tempo and the crowd also lifted the team.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #531 on: January 03, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »
Just to clarify something that has been mentioned numerous times since Tuesday re team selection, George Thorne did NOT "have a stormer" at Old Trafford. He started nervously and grew into the game, coming out of the game not looking out of place. No more than that IMO.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:16:40 PM by Dexy »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #532 on: January 04, 2013, 04:17:05 PM »
Well, I personally thought he certainly had a more successful game in that period than certain other players have had over this season, but of course that was only one game. Based on it, though, I'd love to see him tried out a few more times, certainly like tomorrow - Just to see how well he can fit in, if not more. He is after all touted as the future, but for who? Let's find out how he's getting along. ;)
WestBromwichAlbion

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #533 on: January 04, 2013, 11:01:08 PM »
Agree there can't be a more obvious time to give him 3 or 4 games and see where he is. Mulumbu with dodgy hamstring and off to ACN, Yacob not back yet, Dorrans club future in the melting pot. George is a genuine DM so hopefully time to show some confidence in him.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

Man of The Match v Fulham 1st January 2012
« Reply #534 on: January 05, 2013, 11:21:39 AM »
Vote Now

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Man of The Match v Fulham 1st January 2012
« Reply #535 on: January 05, 2013, 11:50:55 AM »
Is there an option for " NONE OF THE ABOVE" anywhere :P
He's a lad from the Wrenna

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #536 on: January 05, 2013, 11:56:53 AM »
I thought Lukaku was involved in a few positive things despite the shocking performance of our midfield. Jones played well but the blot on his record from the second goal we let in can't be overlooked. 

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #537 on: January 05, 2013, 01:35:24 PM »
I went for Billy Jones he got forward well in that match, his defending wasnt that bad either.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #538 on: January 05, 2013, 01:55:57 PM »
Tamas.

Jones was at fault for the key goal but played very well overall. Lukaku was good but spurned a lot of chances.