Poll

What is your position for next season?

Renew as usual - regardless
Review the situation at the end of the season
Purchase a new season ticket (not had one this season)
Will not renew - regardless
Will not be buying one (have not had one this season either)
Other

Author Topic: Season Tickets/Membership 2017 - 2018  (Read 173769 times)

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Season Tickets/Membership 2017 - 2018
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2016, 09:13:54 PM »
Fans come and go, the Baggies will still be there, so shall I.

Some people will always be sheep.....
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2016, 09:22:29 PM »
Some people will always be sheep.....

and despite your best efforts, most of us have our own opinions.
Baggie in Southampton

JohnnyStampa

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2016, 09:36:10 PM »
The round trip to get to games is too far from New Zealand...
I do miss having my own seat in the Smethwick

I will renew with Premier League Pass though and watch at 3am/4am  :o
"but the Wolves manager could have sent on 11 strikers and Tony Mowbray�s side still would have had too much class for his team"
Peter Lansley, The Times, April 16 2008

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2016, 10:06:11 PM »
As long as I can afford it I will renew.  I detest Pulis but he won't be here for ever.
"This crack is really moreish."

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2016, 10:51:03 PM »
I didn't want Pulis and wont shed a tear if he goes, but when some on here have seen the REALLY bad times this season aye bad at all, 40 points and 11th in the league.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2016, 01:31:22 PM »
I've had a ST for the past 15 years but I won't be renewing next season. I have no desire to watch a team with four centre backs, 3/4 defensive midfielders sitting on their toes and Rondon running around by himself in the opposition half. We have the oldest, slowest and most shot shy team in the league.

Yes we might sign wingers and strikers in pre-season (any attacking player would be mad to want to sign for Tony) AA but Pulis always reverts back to type. Who we bring in is probably immaterial as anyone quick and tricky will be jettisoned pretty quick. Just look at Gnabry, McManaman and Pritchard. Fact is with his preferred shape (effectively a deep sitting 7-2-1-1 formation) there is only room for one forward thinking midfielder (Sess this season) and a striker. Even the support striker is expected to spend most of the game doubling up with the full back.

No doubt we'll stay up again with 40-45pts and beat a couple of the big clubs. We'll also fail to cross the halfway line or string a few passes together when playing sides in and around us.

I'm also predicting the pre-season will be full of talk of a potential takeover but will never happen (as baldy is being too greedy holding for £100m plus for a club he has put very little financially into).

It could be quite a while before the club starts moving forward again instead of treading water, although I understand those who seem that a success - wouldn't mind it myself if we had some ambition to lower the match day prices, get the crowds up, expand the stadium and have a go at passing the ball to each other and shooting! I guess we can all dream!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2016, 04:49:56 PM »
I am going to renew regardless.....

I find it ironic that I went away to Thailand on the day we managed beat Peterborough on penalties. I became slightly optimistic when we beat Everton away, and back to reality when comprehensively lost to Reading a few days later. However we went on a run and picked up points. 10 points out of 12 to be exact. Upon my return I could not wait to get down to the Hawthorns to watch the resurgent Albion put Norwich to the sword! I saw the bloke who sits next me before the game and pointed out that whilst I had been away they had been on a run and that perhaps I should go away more often. We all know what happened next, and just after Norwich scored he turned to me and said 'when are you off again?' It made me laugh anyway.....

That's what I like about the place to be honest, and I will still be there long after Pulis has gone but I will admit it hasn't been a classic season.     
MAGA!

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2016, 12:11:01 PM »
When will they be on sale for NEW season tickets, out of interest?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2016, 12:14:32 PM »
When will they be on sale for NEW season tickets, out of interest?

new season ticket request normally mid june
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2016, 12:27:11 PM »

new season ticket request normally mid june

Magic. Haven't had one since Di-Matteo due to work but my job now doesn't require me to work weekends so will more than likely get one. Are they likely to go up in cost do we think? £399 in the SME/BRE is just about justifiable imo
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:28:48 PM by The Joust »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2016, 08:26:41 AM »
its going to be even worse for games changed for TV next season. i will still renew because i look forward to my saturdays travelling and having a few beers and the odd away game.
Hopefully our recruitment in the summer will excite

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2016, 01:40:22 PM »
its going to be even worse for games changed for TV next season. i will still renew because i look forward to my saturdays travelling and having a few beers and the odd away game.
Hopefully our recruitment in the summer will excite

Spot on Devon, I believe we will be getting Friday night games next season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2016, 01:48:44 PM »
Spot on Devon, I believe we will be getting Friday night games next season.
That is what I have heard as well, trying to get to the Hawthorns on a Friday night along the M5 north bound, will have to set out about 2.00pm from Worcester for an 8.00pm ko
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2016, 02:10:09 PM »
hopefully if we are selected its all away games

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2016, 03:30:33 PM »
Lots of talk at City on saturday about Albion really needing to reduce the prices moving forwards. I really don't think it will happen but it'd be nice
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2016, 04:22:30 PM »
That is what I have heard as well, trying to get to the Hawthorns on a Friday night along the M5 north bound, will have to set out about 2.00pm from Worcester for an 8.00pm ko

Get off the junction before in Oldbury and take the aroads to the ground, it's much quicker.
They really need to do soemthing about the west brom M5 junction.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2016, 06:46:11 PM »
Get off the junction before in Oldbury and take the aroads to the ground, it's much quicker.
They really need to do soemthing about the west brom M5 junction.
Through Quinton/Brandhall way has always been the quickest for me, never get any traffic that way

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2016, 06:56:15 PM »
Lots of talk at City on saturday about Albion really needing to reduce the prices moving forwards. I really don't think it will happen but it'd be nice

No chance. From what I gather the clubs aren't happy about the away cap. I expect a slight price INCREASE.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2016, 07:26:07 PM »
No chance. From what I gather the clubs aren't happy about the away cap. I expect a slight price INCREASE.

Absolute joke if that happens. It was bad enough increasing it last season.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2016, 01:46:14 AM »
I wouldn't be disappointed if the prices were frozen. In comparison to most clubs our season tickets are decent value. I would be very disappointed if they were to go up with the big money to deal coming in though.

I think it's the individual match ticket prices that need looking at as sometimes the category prices just don't look right to me.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2016, 08:58:44 AM »
I wouldn't be disappointed if the prices were frozen. In comparison to most clubs our season tickets are decent value. I would be very disappointed if they were to go up with the big money to deal coming in though.

I think it's the individual match ticket prices that need looking at as sometimes the category prices just don't look right to me.

Rant time!

The price comparison to other clubs is a complete fallacy to me.
Football has been an absolute rip off for years, so to my mind comparing one rip off to another carries little if any weight. For what you get for your money £20 (for example) would not be plenty, it would be too much.

For instance, I would not pay £20 (for example) to enter a night club with poor music and a sh!te sound system, which only serves alcohol for a short period of time with bar staff that move about like extras from the Night of the Living Dead; door staff who in many cases clearly think they're something special because they wear unusually bright jackets, and are seemingly doing you a favour by permitting entrance to said club. That's before we get to the teams of (occasionally) poorly choreographed dancers, whom it appears may struggle to keep their balance in a stiff wind, and whose performances are far from guaranteed.

Another line which is often trotted out is the comparison to theatre tickets. I rarely go to the theatre because I'm not a theatre buff, I am a football supporter. Strange how they never compare football ticket prices to the cinema, another gripe of mine which ties into the category A-Bullsh!te pricing scheme.

Why is one cinema performance deemed to be worthy of a higher price tariff when it's the same movie and the same facilities? Because its supposed 'peak viewing', ie the most popular performance on the day when most people can get there, for the privilege of being charged more for essentially the same service.

Applying the same argument to the category A-Bullsh!te scenario exposes it for what it is. Another rip off. In a category A game the West Bromwich Albion team which takes the field is going to be pretty much the same as a team taking to the field for a category C game. Yet 'game by game' supporters are supposed to pay more for the privilege of seeing the opposition. And let's face it, how many category A games sell out? Following the Viles impending relegation, probably zero.

Further many games are moved for TV meaning rather than being at peak times, ie Sat' 3pm, supporters are asked to inconvenience themselves for the privilige of paying more for the same. Inconvenienced to watch the same at a higher price, so the peak tariff argument falls down too.  What a load of old b@ll@cks that is.

As for the season ticket price being a reward for stumping up front, that's a load of rubbish too. Clubs would catch the snot from the end of your nose, use it as burger relish and sell it back to you if they could find a means to do so, and if they could get away with it (probably  ;D).

I will be extremely disappointed and vexed if our prices go up, even a price freeze would be a slap in the face for me given the increases in TV revenue.
As you can see from the above, general pricing within modern society as well as at the football (which has now been accepted as the norm') urinates upon my sensibilities. Yes we all have a choice as to how we spend our money, but that doesn't mean we have to accept facile arguments as justification for being over charged.

Don't get me onto peak time rail travel, the price of alcohol in pubs or school holiday travel and accomodation costs!!!!!!!!!
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2016, 09:13:48 AM »
My post above was written whilst waiting to purchase my Bournemouth fix, which I have now done.

There are currently hundreds of tickets still on sale so don't panic just yet gents.

Modern football (in my opinion) is still a bloody rip off though, despite my somewhat cheerier mood.

SOTV.
 8).

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2016, 09:57:38 PM »
Have they announced the prices yet? I'm looking forward to knowing how much I stand to save  :-X (although the longer they delay the announcement,  the cheaper I reckon they'll have to be  ;))
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2016, 10:45:58 PM »
Have they announced the prices yet? I'm looking forward to knowing how much I stand to save  :-X (although the longer they delay the announcement,  the cheaper I reckon they'll have to be  ;))
I wont purchase any whilst pulis is in charge, what a urine take if they increase the prices to watch this bore fest.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2016, 12:04:40 AM »

Don't take this as Gospel but I've been told by two seperate members of the Assembly to expect a season ticket price freeze.

They didn't mention anything about match by match tickets though.