Author Topic: 20 Oct 2018 Wigan Athletic 1 Albion 0  (Read 30487 times)

geoff

• WBA Coach

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2018, 04:58:35 PM »
I can't remember we creating
A clear chance yet

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2018, 05:00:12 PM »
We might be third, but to repeat, we've won games in spite of Moore's team selections and tactics, not because of them.

Reactive management, illogical substitutions, clear favourites (mainly those players who are oldest or happen to have been around the longest), unable to recognise or make attempts to deal with our weaknesses (central midfield, as was clear before the season even started).

Not impressed at all.

Without being consistently bailed out by Gayle and Barnes (worryingly both of whom are on loan), we'd be languishing in the bottom half.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2018, 05:01:41 PM »
The only silver lining to come out of that is that we won’t have to watch the Brunt / Livermore partnership against derby, if he doesn’t play field Wednesday I give up as that was p### poor today.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 05:08:46 PM by Dexy »

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2018, 05:02:01 PM »
Nice bloke, but his team selection and game plan are rather puzzling. (sp)

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2018, 05:02:13 PM »
Poor poor poor.

Another disappointing game, especially after Leeds falling too, was a great chance to stretch a lead at the top.

Not quite sure how I feel right now.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2018, 05:02:23 PM »
Back to earth with a bump. I’m looking forward to the comments.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2018, 05:04:29 PM »
We only did well at the beginning of 1st half, after that we were poor.
Conceded soft goals at the back again and the front players also didn't play well today.
Moore should make changes earlier in my opinion.
The PRIDE of midlands

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2018, 05:05:00 PM »
No spark from anybody on or off the pitch today & our passing is becoming woful

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2018, 05:05:38 PM »
We might be third, but to repeat, we've won games in spite of Moore's team selections and tactics, not because of them.

Reactive management, illogical substitutions, clear favourites (mainly those players who are oldest or happen to have been around the longest), unable to recognise or make attempts to deal with our weaknesses (central midfield, as was clear before the season even started).

Not impressed at all.

Without being consistently bailed out by Gayle and Barnes (worryingly both of whom are on loan), we'd be languishing in the bottom half.

Pretty much my mentality with it to be fair, Weird season that's been our loan players making the difference for us. Our ancient players still play while the younger ones can't get on the bench let alone play a game.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2018, 05:06:09 PM »
Sounds like a Typical Albion performance after the International Break We started so well now look get the form up quickly before the Derby game don't want get humiliated by the Villa fans If they win I'm going to get the p**s taken out of me at School by Wolves and Villa Fans. I'm think I'm only the 4th Baggies fan at school Which is mostly dominated by Wolves Fans and Walsall Fans and a few Villa fans
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2018, 05:06:35 PM »
Why no Morrison sako or Phillips when we’re constantly being told there all fit

mig

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2018, 05:07:30 PM »
It's been coming. Away performances have been pretty poor all season. Bad team selection and bad substitutions - sits squarely on Moore.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2018, 05:07:37 PM »
Somebody care to explain why when a goal down we take Gayle off and bring on HRK  :o??
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2018, 05:09:51 PM »
Somebody care to explain why when a goal down we take Gayle off and bring on HRK  :o??
Darren Moore's masterplan.

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2018, 05:10:56 PM »
Have we won away yet in the beloved yellow/green away kit? We all knew these 6 games was going to challenge what the teams about, Today was lesson 1.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2018, 05:11:19 PM »
Out come the knives. Bad day at the office we are not going to beat everyone easily we will have off days today was one of them, get up dust themselves off and go again Wednesday.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2018, 05:17:47 PM »
One major problem i find (and you get it a lot more with brunt) is that when the midfielder comes short to pick the ball up from defence its so rare they actually turn and play regardless of if they have a man pressing or not. they just give it straight back to a defender and its infuriating.

I even saw Bartley kick off at Brunt because he received the ball and sent it straight back even though he had the time and space to turn, and we could all see the next pass was available. I saw this happen a few times today and many times previously. Maybe there needs to be more communication but a half decent midfielder should be aware of any pressure on him before receiving a ball.

overall a poor performance, need to pick it up for midweek quickly. Would be good to see some different faces around the squad.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2018, 05:18:21 PM »
No one covered themselves in glory but that was as cynical a performance as I've seen from anyone by Wigan today. As stated you come away slightly pleased with sending off but not much else. Barnes squandered our best moments through lack of composure and or vision but we certainly deserved a point.

The ref was terrible. I can't believe how bad these Championship referees are.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2018, 05:27:22 PM »
Why no Morrison sako or Phillips when we’re constantly being told there all fit

Well that doesn't help the manager. But if the personnel aren't fit why stick to a formation that requires Phillips to be even slightly workable?

Formation away from home we get overrun as erm are carrying the 3 frontmen hoping one of them will be a game winner. Think we need to drop Rodriguez be it for another cm like field or for another ball player like hoolahan.

Poor line up and tactics by manager and also terrible subs that didn't really alter how we play. This was a carbon copy of most of our away games- a defeat has been coming for a while.

Positives are we will see a different midfield axis but I am dreadIng  brunt Barry axis or Morrison Barry. Hope field doesn't get overlooked. Other positive is we only lost 1-0 gd may well be important come may.
O Albion we love you

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2018, 05:28:06 PM »
Out come the knives. Bad day at the office we are not going to beat everyone easily we will have off days today was one of them, get up dust themselves off and go again Wednesday.
you may construe it as a bad day at the office, however his pathetic substitutions and persistance  with playing Brunt in the centre of midfield and uterlizing  mears wide right  is more than bad day at the office....its smacks of somebody who is clueless

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2018, 05:31:26 PM »
you may construe it as a bad day at the office, however his pathetic substitutions and persistance  with playing Brunt in the centre of midfield and uterlizing  mears wide right  is more than bad day at the office....its smacks of somebody who is clueless

Brunt out of everyone had a decent game today. Dawson looked good prior to the injury. The rest not so much, even Gibbs was constantly turning back today. We just weren't at it.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »
Utter garbage today no one played well.

Tatnam baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2018, 05:32:26 PM »
Poor performance, wrong subs, Rodriguez the only player to come out with some credit! Should of scored in 1st half. If we do get promotion to the premier, there’s no way we can play that system! So why keep going with it??

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2018, 05:36:15 PM »
Poor performance, wrong subs, Rodriguez the only player to come out with some credit! Should of scored in 1st half. If we do get promotion to the premier, there’s no way we can play that system! So why keep going with it??

All about opinions thought Rodriguez was anonymous again and we'd have benefited by sacrificing him for a proper midfielder, in this case Hoolahan.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2018, 05:39:29 PM »
Performance wise, at least half of our games have been "bad days at the office" this season, but we've been lucky to be bailed out by the quality of Barnes and Gayle. In the long-term, we can't always afford to rely on them if we're serious about automatic promotion. That's why it's not good enough - this is one of the few away games this season where the result has reflected the performance.