Author Topic: FORMULA ONE THREAD  (Read 46289 times)

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

Re: FORMULA ONE THREAD
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2021, 01:20:55 PM »
Hamilton signed a fat new contract, could he please now move back to the UK and pay his taxes properly, I'm sure it would cover quite a few nurses wages for a year if he did that instead of lecturing everyone about this and that.

Anybody thinking he wouldnt was living on cloud cuckoo land.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2021, 01:46:25 PM »
There won’t be much difference this season. Due to the virus all potential rule changes are delayed so I’d guess they will basically be the 2020 cars again this year with an eye on the massive 2022 regulations.

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2021, 03:29:09 PM »
Taking off the Union Jack-tinted specs, surely Hamilton has to take the blame for that one?

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2021, 05:25:26 PM »
Taking off the Union Jack-tinted specs, surely Hamilton has to take the blame for that one?
Cheats do sometimes (often) prosper
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2021, 05:36:29 PM »

Racing incident for me. He forced Verstappen to make a decision and Verstappen chose to continue with the racing line. It’s a race after all.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2021, 07:15:48 PM »
Racing incident for me. He forced Verstappen to make a decision and Verstappen chose to continue with the racing line. It’s a race after all.
Exactly !! Max was on the racing line, with his nose in front, so the blame is 100% Hamilton
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2021, 07:26:35 PM »
Exactly !! Max was on the racing line, with his nose in front, so the blame is 100% Hamilton

Not for me. He met his match and thought he could force Hamilton to slow by cutting across him. This has been a long time coming for Verstappen in my view. His antics forcing Hamilton to the right before the corner were just as aggressive as Hamilton choosing to take the corner. His weaving about yesterday too. He can’t drive like that and then get upset when another driver is equally aggressive. If we cut this sort of thing out of racing then we are left with nothing.

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2021, 07:28:42 PM »

In fairness, after repeat viewing I think you're right. Not that the penalty mattered in the end  ;D

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2021, 07:51:58 PM »
Not for me. He met his match and thought he could force Hamilton to slow by cutting across him. This has been a long time coming for Verstappen in my view. His antics forcing Hamilton to the right before the corner were just as aggressive as Hamilton choosing to take the corner. His weaving about yesterday too. He can’t drive like that and then get upset when another driver is equally aggressive. If we cut this sort of thing out of racing then we are left with nothing.

Exactly this Frazzle!

I am not a Hamilton fan, I appreciate his ability, and defend his right to his opinions but but in my own opinion he should stick to driving the car. However Verstappen as good and exciting a driver as he is will come up against other drivers who will withstand his aggression.

Hamilton like the British drivers before him will not back down to bullying and aggressive driving tactics.  Verstappen was equally at fault and could have eased off, stayed on the track and fought the race. Either driver could have left the track in this incident, and the comments by the little rat faced Mr Horner are inflammatory and not worth a gnats trump.

The stewards decision was made (in my opinion incorrectly) and that is the end of it.
Hamilton won fair and square thanks to a consistently high quality drive. Would not want to have been Bottas  though.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2021, 08:29:13 PM »
Verstappen is the most aggressive driver on the grid and has used intimidation in the past today his attempt at intimidati backfired and he paid the price ,time Horner grew up and recognised  this. Verstappen had been weaving all over the track in order to block Hamilton despite the rules saying you are only allowed to move once in any attempted manoeuvre
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2021, 08:02:28 AM »

I agree with you frazzle. I am not a Hamilton fan, and I am pleased that he has now got competition, but Verstappen is a very aggressive with no real track awareness other than his own. It caught him out yesterday and hopefully he will learn. Hamilton was in his right to challenge but Max decided to take the line regardless.

Its all well and good Horner complaining but he needs to have a word with his own man. A pure racing incident for me.

I thought Hamilton was superb after the restart, and you will not believe how much that sticks in my throat! 
MAGA!

BaggiePhil

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2021, 08:32:24 AM »
Hamilton signed a fat new contract, could he please now move back to the UK and pay his taxes properly, I'm sure it would cover quite a few nurses wages for a year if he did that instead of lecturing everyone about this and that.
Your right and that other damn tax exile Dyson too. In fact all of the offshore tax avoiders.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2021, 09:00:57 AM »
Your right and that other damn tax exile Dyson too. In fact all of the offshore tax avoiders.

At least they are residing abroad. Providing all due taxes are paid on UK based company holdings then he is entitled to live abroad. However, I do not want to hear their opinions on my country when they do not contribute.

The real issue are the UK based 'taxpayers' who send their money abroad in lucrative 'tax avoidance schemes'.

Either live the high life in Monaco with a drop dead girlfriend, or live in Milton Keynes.....let me think about that one :D

Hamilton was excellent yesterday. Just off to clear my throat.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 09:24:55 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2021, 09:50:13 AM »
I don't really follow F1 as it holds little if any attraction for me. But Verstappen's a Johnny Foreigner and Lewis Hamilton is a Brit' who lives in a Johnny Foreigner country. I'd root for the Brit' living the high life abroad over a Johnny Foreigner type more times than not. Get in Hammy, 'lap' it up lad.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2021, 09:59:14 AM »
I don't really follow F1 as it holds little if any attraction for me. But Verstappen's a Johnny Foreigner and Lewis Hamilton is a Brit' who lives in a Johnny Foreigner country. I'd root for the Brit' living the high life abroad over a Johnny Foreigner type more times than not. Get in Hammy, 'lap' it up lad.
or you could root for Lando Norris instead? A Brit who still lives in Britain (Woking specifically) and is currently 3rd in the ranking. I’d also advocate George Russel in the near future but he’s a Wolves fan so maybe not.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2021, 10:26:34 AM »
or you could root for Lando Norris instead? A Brit who still lives in Britain (Woking specifically) and is currently 3rd in the ranking. I’d also advocate George Russel in the near future but he’s a Wolves fan so maybe not.

What a choice! Another damned southerner, and a bloody dingle. Wot we got in formula E, or that eco off road thing?

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2021, 01:18:59 PM »
I lost all interest in F1 years ago, I cannot see any attraction in it these days. I did see the incident on TV news , though, definitely Hamilton’s fault and it was a bad mistake. I think that it was worthy of him being black flagged, maybe if it had been anywhere else but Silverstone he might well have been. I don’t think that Hamilton is that good, he hasn’t had much in the way of competition for years; in fact I wouldn’t class any of the current F1 drivers as ‘Grand Prix’ drivers, glorified Formula Ford but less exciting.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2021, 01:26:23 PM »
What a race that was yesterday and the drive by Hamilton to get back and win was supreme, especially in that heat, the physical exertion would have been immense.

For what its worth, i think it was purely a racing incident. Both drivers at fault in some way.

Its a race, Hamilton was significantly alongside Verstappen, the footage shows Verstappen turn in, turn back then turn in aggresively on Hamilton. Think Verstappen was just as guilty.

For Horner to say no one overtakes on that corner was utter rubbish....Hamilton went down that route 3 times in that race alone.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2021, 01:28:14 PM »
What a choice! Another damned southerner, and a bloody dingle. Wot we got in formula E, or that eco off road thing?
there’s a few but all southerners to my knowledge. There’s a Brummie in Formula 3 I think? Guy called Max Fewtrell.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2021, 01:40:30 PM »
there’s a few but all southerners to my knowledge. There’s a Brummie in Formula 3 I think? Guy called Max Fewtrell.
One of 'the' Fewtrell's?
Only readers of a certain age will understand this one
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2021, 01:53:23 PM »
One of 'the' Fewtrell's?
Only readers of a certain age will understand this one

I get it.

There is a Chris Fewtrell who writes for Coronation Street as well.

A really good book to read is The Accidental Gangster' - it is the story of Eddie Fewtrell and his family. Loads of interesting stuff in there, and a great account of what happened when the Krays tried to move into 'the manor'
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2021, 03:31:38 PM »
I get it.

There is a Chris Fewtrell who writes for Coronation Street as well.

A really good book to read is The Accidental Gangster' - it is the story of Eddie Fewtrell and his family. Loads of interesting stuff in there, and a great account of what happened when the Krays tried to move into 'the manor'

Eddie / Don and Phil,  they were actually ok until crossed.  Oh for the cedar club and being 20 again.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2021, 09:14:11 PM »
And Barbarellas!
I knew them Fewtrells.
Can't say too much more
If they liked you happy days.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2021, 05:39:51 PM »
Another crash between Hamilton and Verstappen so for those that watch it who was to blame this time?

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2021, 06:46:56 PM »
Another crash between Hamilton and Verstappen so for those that watch it who was to blame this time?

100% Verstappen.