Author Topic: 1 Apr 2017 Manchester United 0 Albion 0  (Read 50699 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: United (a)
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2017, 01:47:31 PM »
im sure united can only get moved to the sunday.

this would then move the Watford to the Wednesday I bet.

There's no Europa League round scheduled before this game. No idea why there has been such a delay...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2017, 01:59:44 PM »
im sure united can only get moved to the sunday.

this would then move the Watford to the Wednesday I bet.

The game is definitely going ahead on Saturday 1st April at 3pm. There was a delay in Man Utd sending tickets over as Sky & BT hadn't decided which games they were going to show in April so the original date for ticket sale dates have had to be moved.

Watford tickets are already on sale so that game can't be moved.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2017, 06:35:45 PM »
Tickets still not arrived
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2017, 06:55:11 PM »
Tickets still not arrived

Tickets are hoped to be on sale to ASTH from Wednesday.

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 10:01:03 AM »
We've taken less than 2000 tickets, another game which will be sold out weeks before due to further penny pinching. Easily sold out Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham and Everton tickets ffs.

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2017, 12:04:29 PM »
Less than 2,000 tickets for Old Trafford is frankly pathetic support. Why aren't we taking more, surely its a big tie, £30 tickets. No brainer to take a good following, what's the reason behind this low allocation.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2017, 12:23:56 PM »
Got to agree this is woeful from the club. I tried to get tickets as member for Everton and could only get restricted view. Surely someone looks at that and thinks it's then pretty highly likely we will sell out 3k at United a couple of weeks later. No doubt at all if we took the 3k we would sell it out

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2017, 02:54:08 PM »
Got to agree this is woeful from the club. I tried to get tickets as member for Everton and could only get restricted view. Surely someone looks at that and thinks it's then pretty highly likely we will sell out 3k at United a couple of weeks later. No doubt at all if we took the 3k we would sell it out

Have a read of the assembly minutes, I would completely understand the clubs take on the everton game.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2017, 02:57:32 PM »
Have a read of the assembly minutes, I would completely understand the clubs take on the everton game.

Definitely. Have we sold out United in recent years?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »
Here they are.

There have been complaints about the take-up of the smaller allocation, 1,800, for the forthcoming game at Everton. Why did we not take the full 3,000?
The decision had to be taken at the end of January and it had to be informed by past and present sale trends.  
In the last three visits to Goodison Park, tickets were heavily undersold - 1,294 out of 1,800 in 2016, 475 out of 1,800 the season before that and 1,188 out of 1,800 in 2014. 
MM explained the Club could take a certain number of a total allocation by sale or return without any financial penalty but the moment the allocation tipped over 50%, it went to sale only – leaving Albion obliged to buy the rest.
He said it had taken a lot longer to sell the West Ham fixture than we anticipated and all the evidence suggested that is the right number. 
“It has to be a balance between availability and satisfying supporters while not making a repeated and significant financial loss,” he said.  
MS added that the decision had to be taken at the end of January against a backdrop of away fixtures which had also been significantly undersold.

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 05:30:15 PM »
Sorry not buying it. From a pure business/numbers prospective I can understand it to a point, but does someone really just look at what happened in the last couple of years and thats it?

We've played arguably the worst quality of football in a generation for the last 2/3 years. Compare that to now when we find ourselves in 8th with an outside but realistic chance of Europe and playing the side directly above us. It's not rocket science to assume more people will follow us now than they did  I'm 99% sure we would/could of taken 2000-2500 to Everton and 2500-3000 to United.

If we took a 1800 allocation for a Monday night game on TV in the middle for January 2 years ago, and decided to take only 1800 again now then someone at the club needs to take a look at who is deciding how many tickets we take.

Cleobury_WBA

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2017, 06:12:35 PM »
Sorry not buying it. From a pure business/numbers prospective I can understand it to a point, but does someone really just look at what happened in the last couple of years and thats it?

We've played arguably the worst quality of football in a generation for the last 2/3 years. Compare that to now when we find ourselves in 8th with an outside but realistic chance of Europe and playing the side directly above us. It's not rocket science to assume more people will follow us now than they did  I'm 99% sure we would/could of taken 2000-2500 to Everton and 2500-3000 to United.

If we took a 1800 allocation for a Monday night game on TV in the middle for January 2 years ago, and decided to take only 1800 again now then someone at the club needs to take a look at who is deciding how many tickets we take.

I agree that comparing this season to the last few seasons is a bit simplistic when there are other factors. The 2 key points are that we are playing better football and are in a better league position now than we have been for the last 3 sessons at least, and secondly the price cap for away fixtures has significantly reduced the cost of away trips. Havent got the figures but I'm guessing United & Everton (a) were in the region of £40-45 for adults, £15-20 for kids before this season?

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2017, 07:54:12 PM »
I agree that comparing this season to the last few seasons is a bit simplistic when there are other factors. The 2 key points are that we are playing better football and are in a better league position now than we have been for the last 3 sessons at least, and secondly the price cap for away fixtures has significantly reduced the cost of away trips. Havent got the figures but I'm guessing United & Everton (a) were in the region of £40-45 for adults, £15-20 for kids before this season?

Well said mate!

Albion seem to be basing these regular requests for reduced allocations on ticket sales over recent seasons when as you say, things have changed this season with the price cap and of course the fact that for the first time in several seasons we've got a realistic chance of hitting a record points haul (in the Premiership era) and are, for the most part, playing decent football.

I'm sure I'm not the only Albion fan who sometimes has to delay going for away tickets (even though I've got a HST) due to various reasons, work patterns, family commitments or in the case of a couple of people who sometimes travel to away games with me, running businesses, where there's no problem planning around home games, but with away days when you're away for up to 12 hours, tending to be a lot more problematic and needing forward planning and sometimes, due to various issues, having to hold fire for a few days before purchasing the away tickets.

It's not always straightforward for many of us to get the tickets on the first day they go on sale.

This viewpoint doesn't seem to get much sympathy from some of the regular travellers, who presumably have Monday to Friday 9-5 jobs (or as in the case with so many of our away fans these days, are presumably retired).

So it's frustrating for many who would have liked to have gone to Everton but have missed out, and also irritating to see we've taken yet another reduced allocation for Man U, when for the first time in years the tickets are not between around £45 and £55. 

Just because the tickets don't sell out within a few days doesn't mean they'll not eventually be sold (or that the majority of tickets will be sold) and surely in the event of Albion having to pay out for a few unsold tickets now and then, it's a price worth paying to encourage Albion supporters to follow the team away from home. 

I'm sure Albion are not deliberately trying to make life difficult for life long Albion fans and HSTHs like myself and family members and friends who like to go to away games now and then, but it just feels that way at times.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 08:46:19 PM by Brummie Road »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2017, 11:08:37 PM »
Well said mate!

Albion seem to be basing these regular requests for reduced allocations on ticket sales over recent seasons when as you say, things have changed this season with the price cap and of course the fact that for the first time in several seasons we've got a realistic chance of hitting a record points haul (in the Premiership era) and are, for the most part, playing decent football.

I'm sure I'm not the only Albion fan who sometimes has to delay going for away tickets (even though I've got a HST) due to various reasons, work patterns, family commitments or in the case of a couple of people who sometimes travel to away games with me, running businesses, where there's no problem planning around home games, but with away days when you're away for up to 12 hours, tending to be a lot more problematic and needing forward planning and sometimes, due to various issues, having to hold fire for a few days before purchasing the away tickets.

It's not always straightforward for many of us to get the tickets on the first day they go on sale.

This viewpoint doesn't seem to get much sympathy from some of the regular travellers, who presumably have Monday to Friday 9-5 jobs (or as in the case with so many of our away fans these days, are presumably retired).

So it's frustrating for many who would have liked to have gone to Everton but have missed out, and also irritating to see we've taken yet another reduced allocation for Man U, when for the first time in years the tickets are not between around £45 and £55. 

Just because the tickets don't sell out within a few days doesn't mean they'll not eventually be sold (or that the majority of tickets will be sold) and surely in the event of Albion having to pay out for a few unsold tickets now and then, it's a price worth paying to encourage Albion supporters to follow the team away from home. 

I'm sure Albion are not deliberately trying to make life difficult for life long Albion fans and HSTHs like myself and family members and friends who like to go to away games now and then, but it just feels that way at times.

Outstanding post chap.

I do not have a regular 9-5 job, that said my work patterns are my own and therefore I can still manage regular away travel.

By the start of next season I may not, but I do agree with much of what you say and fully appreciate that many are in the same boat as yourself.

All of the very best chap.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2017, 12:46:58 AM »
west bromwich albion is a business, and no business want to take the chance of losing money. Thats all it comes down to.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:40:19 AM by LiamTheBaggie »

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2017, 08:02:21 AM »
It's not as if we've been close to selling out in any of the previous 3 seasons. We've sold 2957 out of 5400 available tickets over those 3 seasons...that's 2443 unsold tickets for those 3 games.

How many away games have we actually sold out this season? I understand that people want to see us now we are playing better football but what happens if we get hammered by 4 or 5 at Everton? I very much doubt that we'd sell out Man Utd or any of the other remaining away games.

IF we do finish 8th or even in the top 10 playing a decent standard of football and sell out every away game to the end of the season then I'm sure the club will take a bigger allocation next season.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2017, 09:05:53 AM »
It's not as if we've been close to selling out in any of the previous 3 seasons. We've sold 2957 out of 5400 available tickets over those 3 seasons...that's 2443 unsold tickets for those 3 games.

How many away games have we actually sold out this season? I understand that people want to see us now we are playing better football but what happens if we get hammered by 4 or 5 at Everton? I very much doubt that we'd sell out Man Utd or any of the other remaining away games.

IF we do finish 8th or even in the top 10 playing a decent standard of football and sell out every away game to the end of the season then I'm sure the club will take a bigger allocation next season.

Regardless of the result against Everton, tickets for Swansea will be well sought after.

End of season urine up  :)  ;) .

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2017, 10:01:09 AM »
Regardless of the result against Everton, tickets for Swansea will be well sought after.

End of season urine up  :)  ;) .

Agree that Swansea will sell out because it is last game of the season, would it sell out if it wasn't though?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2017, 10:50:30 AM »
Agree that Swansea will sell out because it is last game of the season, would it sell out if it wasn't though?
Q: Will we take full allocation for last game at Swansea?
The club was aware of the popularity of the final fixture and “it would be difficult to believe we wouldn’t,”  said MS.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2017, 10:58:26 AM »
Q: Will we take full allocation for last game at Swansea?
The club was aware of the popularity of the final fixture and “it would be difficult to believe we wouldn’t,”  said MS.

doesn't answer my question as to whether we would sell out Swansea if it wasn't the final away game of the season.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2017, 11:01:37 AM »
doesn't answer my question as to whether we would sell out Swansea if it wasn't the final away game of the season.
Sorry didn't read it right, I would say no if it wasn't the final game of the season.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2017, 11:24:10 AM »
Sorry didn't read it right, I would say no if it wasn't the final game of the season.

no worries mate, I agree that we'd be unlikely to sell out if it wasn't last away of the season. I'd argue that without the free coaches we'd not take as much of an allocation for Burnley too.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2017, 11:31:28 AM »

Don't mean to be obtuse, but how long's the piece of string sticking out of the end of my carpet?

We have taken plenty to Swansea in the past, although last season's Boxing Day take up was quite low.

That was a strange day all round.

Great journey down then it was completely flat from the moment we walked in.

The 'entertainment' provided did not enhance proceedings either  :-X .

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2017, 12:46:16 PM »
Sorted, thumbs up
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2017, 06:51:52 PM »
Train I've booked after the game is 22.40 from Watford, 2 hour job. That's the only one that will get you back after the game, there is another before but you'd have to leave the ground early.

Uber home from new street be fairly cheap.

£9.90 return on the train, bargain
What Station is that from? High St or Junction? going to book it and then book hotel in Brum overnight.