Poll

Who will be the next West Brom manager? *FINAL VOTE*

Ralf Rangnick
Chris Hughton
Andre Villas-Boas
Ray Wilkins
Michael Appleton

Author Topic: Next Manager  (Read 1270733 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: Next Manager
« Reply #2925 on: May 31, 2012, 12:20:48 PM »
Sticking to the facts we are still in talks with Rangnick who I guess is our first choice. If that falls through we will have a plan B. Our plan B is not AVB he would be plan A. If Rangnick falls through then it is much more likely to be Appy than AVB.
At last, some realism. Of course, AVB would be first choice. He is one of the top coaches in Europe. Didnt work out for him at Chelsea, but he is outside our league by a country mile

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2926 on: May 31, 2012, 12:22:49 PM »
At last, some realism. Of course, AVB would be first choice. He is one of the top coaches in Europe. Didnt work out for him at Chelsea, but he is outside our league by a country mile

So was Roy...

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2927 on: May 31, 2012, 12:23:28 PM »

Stop spoiling the fun ;D

It's better to dream about who we could bring in rather than poo your pants about who we might end up with :P

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2928 on: May 31, 2012, 12:23:55 PM »
Talk about fever pitch I have just seen someone post that that there is a rumour of a press conference tomorrow at 2pm. For pities sake next there will be a rumour about a rumour. Get a grip and stop betting AVB you are terrifying the bookies with your mighty £10 wagers they are running away now as short as 5/1 (the sniveling cowards)
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2929 on: May 31, 2012, 12:29:26 PM »
Odds flying down everywhere, i have 1 hour i cant get on the internet and the odds drop massive amount and can only get 20/1 now
Oh Nottm Oh Nottm is full of fun is full of fun

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2930 on: May 31, 2012, 01:03:54 PM »
Its gone quite on here.Have you all rushed to the bookies
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

DJ EmmJee

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2931 on: May 31, 2012, 01:05:19 PM »
Talk about fever pitch I have just seen someone post that that there is a rumour of a press conference tomorrow at 2pm. For pities sake next there will be a rumour about a rumour. Get a grip and stop betting AVB you are terrifying the bookies with your mighty £10 wagers they are running away now as short as 5/1 (the sniveling cowards)

Blimey, who had a poo on your pancake this morning?!  ;D

IIRC, this used to be a messageboard, where fans could post opinions, and could also post about news they had heard, which would then be discussed with other fans.

I haven't been around for a long time, due to the quite evident loss of it's once great sense of humour, but I presumed that was still the premise of this place? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Thou shalt not maketh jokes. This used to be the best board, I'd ever been on.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2932 on: May 31, 2012, 01:06:07 PM »

Think the server went down for a bit
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

Next Manager
« Reply #2933 on: May 31, 2012, 01:22:10 PM »
Finally back on! Server went for me. Any more newsDJ?
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2934 on: May 31, 2012, 01:22:25 PM »

Quiet before the storm...

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2935 on: May 31, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »
AVB now at 5's, are they getting all there info from here? ;D

6/1 on Stan James
10/1 on Skybet
16/1 on Paddy Power

Aye up the censors been at it again  ::)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2936 on: May 31, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »
Blimey, who had a poo on your pancake this morning?!  ;D

IIRC, this used to be a messageboard, where fans could post opinions, and could also post about news they had heard, which would then be discussed with other fans.

I haven't been around for a long time, due to the quite evident loss of it's once great sense of humour, but I presumed that was still the premise of this place? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

People post continuous pooh it gets removed, you know that. If that means the 'humour' goes so be it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2937 on: May 31, 2012, 01:34:53 PM »

6/1 on Stan James
10/1 on Skybet
16/1 on Paddy Power

Aye up the censors been at it again  ::)

9-1 with Boylesports. Ralf Rangnick is 8/15

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2938 on: May 31, 2012, 01:44:30 PM »
We will get relegated with Appy

Roy Hodgson to Micheal Appleton.........absolutely no disrespect to anyone but that crushingly underwelms me so I have to agree

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2939 on: May 31, 2012, 01:46:03 PM »
So, can we leave the bitching about how this board is run and stick to the topic then please.

People are free to come and go from this board as and when they like. If people want a board full of pooh then I suggest they chose another. Yes we are strict and thats what seperates us from others, banter, jokes are fine but when that one/two posts turn into half or a full page of 'witty' stuff its deflects from the topic and ruins a thread hence why posts get removed. We don't remove anything because we don't like the poster or we don't like the post, we do it to keep the board tidy and smooth running.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2940 on: May 31, 2012, 01:47:46 PM »
It seems as though we are down to four; Rangnick, Appleton and Phelan who have been mentioned by the local media, and AVB who hasn't been mentioned by the media at all but the rumour mill keeps on turning.

I think the next day and a half are going to be crucial. I just hope it's Rangnick or the surprise of AVB, because Appleton or Phelan would be an absolute disaster.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2941 on: May 31, 2012, 01:50:46 PM »

It's better to dream about who we could bring in rather than poo your pants about who we might end up with :P
yes, but it seems to be one extreme or the other. Some people are piling their money on AVB (the dream), whilst others are fearing we will end up with Appleton and get relegated (pooing their pants). The point I was making is that we will inevitably end up with a good coach who will keep us up (realism)
Far be it from me to stop people dreaming. I like a dream myself but if its to be AVB I will have died and gone to heaven.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2942 on: May 31, 2012, 01:54:04 PM »
yes, but it seems to be one extreme or the other. Some people are piling their money on AVB (the dream), whilst others are fearing we will end up with Appleton and get relegated (pooing their pants). The point I was making is that we will inevitably end up with a good coach who will keep us up (realism)
Far be it from me to stop people dreaming. I like a dream myself but if its to be AVB I will have died and gone to heaven.

I'm 99.99999999% sure it won't be appy, how ever much of a great guy he is, it's the wrong time of him to manage us.
Be interesting if anything gets said before this 2pm presser tomorrow, or if the club will spring a surprise.
Still positive it will be rangnick, but part of me now is thinking it could be AVB.
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

JBullyWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2943 on: May 31, 2012, 01:55:07 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the shortening of AVB's odds is partly from here!

I think we'd be surprised at how much influence fans' message boards have.

On a similar note, if you're reading this JP/DA, get on with it! We're going mental over here!

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2944 on: May 31, 2012, 01:56:45 PM »

So Tim if we end up with Ralf a sort of half way house could we class that as a wet dream!!? I just hope we have learnt the lesson that the PL really is no place for novices al Appleton. We need to take note of the debacle down the road when Moxeys infamous "not a job for a novice" quote turned into a job for Terry Conner.....and well we all know the rest. If that happened to us I would be mortified and ashamed all at the same time

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2945 on: May 31, 2012, 01:57:12 PM »
I'm 99.99999999% sure it won't be appy, how ever much of a great guy he is, it's the wrong time of him to manage us.
Be interesting if anything gets said before this 2pm presser tomorrow, or if the club will spring a surprise.
Still positive it will be rangnick, but part of me now is thinking it could be AVB.

Haven't seen anything anywhere that would convince me that this rumour about the 2pm press conference tomorrow is actually happening.

Really hoping for Rangnick or AVB, not only because they are the best candidates but I stand to win a fair bit of money if one of them gets the job! Appleton will be a disaster and Phelan a nightmare appointment. I'm still fairly confident it will be Ralf.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2946 on: May 31, 2012, 01:58:27 PM »
dont see why AVB wouldnt come to us when he knows that we are superior to Chelsea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17246547

;D

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2947 on: May 31, 2012, 02:07:06 PM »

Didn't you also say this?

'Will be AVB. But can't be announced til June 1st due to deal with Chelsea. From ITK source, but don't forget things could change any minute in this situation. Surprised to see Phelan linked. Didn't expect that.'

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #2948 on: May 31, 2012, 02:07:45 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the shortening of AVB's odds is partly from here!

I think we'd be surprised at how much influence fans' message boards have.
I think it is from here, but from a few people putting some bets on after hearing a rumour about him. The same thing happened with Appleton, someone 'itk' said it would've been him, a few people here but a bet on him, and he quickly went from 25/1 to something like 10/1. Next manager betting is so volatile all it takes it a few bets to shorten someone's odds dramatically, probably because all the bookies are worried about people having inside information.

off_foo_182

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2949 on: May 31, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
dont see why AVB wouldnt come to us when he knows that we are superior to Chelsea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17246547

;D

Brilliant. I think after all the years of having to be realistic we may have to start thinking bigger as fans. Top ten premier league, well run club, stadium expansion. Its a solid platform for any manager, peace protects our players being poached which would be a major plus for a prospective manager. I think we have the respect of the premier league now, established and never favourites for relegation.