Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854311 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3825 on: March 12, 2019, 02:28:13 PM »
Who says anything about arrogance? I would expect our team to still be far superior in terms of quality, so with the right set up and attitude, yes, yes, I would fully expect us to beat them. I certainly would not expect us to allow them to come to our home ground and completely outplay us. If anyone thinks that performance was acceptable I am concerned for their football knowledge.
I think you have answered your own question.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3826 on: March 12, 2019, 02:37:07 PM »
I think you have answered your own question.

How is it arrogance to rightly believe we have a squad of far superior quality to bottom of the league Ipswich? I guarantee 100% of Ipswich fans would agree

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3827 on: March 12, 2019, 02:50:47 PM »
How is it arrogance to rightly believe we have a squad of far superior quality to bottom of the league Ipswich? I guarantee 100% of Ipswich fans would agree
There's not a huge difference in quality between top and bottom in this league. On any given day, any team can beat any other if the higher team has an off day and the lower team has a good day. All of the top teams have experienced results similar to ours against Ipswich (ie lost or drawn against a team down near the bottom of the table) at some point during the season; it's not just us. Our squad is certainly better but far superior is an overstatement.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3828 on: March 12, 2019, 03:12:10 PM »
your talking boll*cks mate.
Thanks for your input to the discussion. I am intrigued to know why you think that.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3829 on: March 12, 2019, 03:17:17 PM »
Thanks for your input to the discussion. I am intrigued to know why you think that.

to be honest i read the first about theres not a huge difference in quality between in top and bottom of the league and didnt read the rest.

theres not much difference? just 50 points between top and bottom of the league. there is a HUGE gulf in quality. yes a one off game lower teams can get a result and that has been proved but it is certainly not arrogant to have expected us to beat ipswich comfortably on saturday and it should have happened and Ipswich were expecting the same.

people need to stop covering the cracks for Darren Moore and saying how lovely he was and loved WBA to bits and has given a lot of service. yes its all lovely and he will always get a good reception at the albion. but none of that lovely stuff gets a team automatic promotion that should be challenging for it.

end of.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3830 on: March 12, 2019, 03:25:56 PM »
to be honest i read the first about theres not a huge difference in quality between in top and bottom of the league and didnt read the rest.

theres not much difference? just 50 points between top and bottom of the league. there is a HUGE gulf in quality. yes a one off game lower teams can get a result and that has been proved but it is certainly not arrogant to have expected us to beat ipswich comfortably on saturday and it should have happened and Ipswich were expecting the same.

people need to stop covering the cracks for Darren Moore and saying how lovely he was and loved WBA to bits and has given a lot of service. yes its all lovely and he will always get a good reception at the albion. but none of that lovely stuff gets a team automatic promotion that should be challenging for it.

end of.

People need to stop buying the BS spouted by the board and accept we lack strength in depth.

Double end of, no returns. ::)
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3831 on: March 12, 2019, 03:26:15 PM »

end of.
When you finish your post with "end of", I assume that you mean that you have proved your point and the discussion is now at an end. Now THAT is arrogant.
Regarding the bit that I have highlighted, I think you will find that until a couple of weeks ago, we WERE challenging for the top 2. Accepted we have had a bad run over the last 3 matches, but that doesn't change the fact that we have been challenging for pretty much the whole season

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3832 on: March 12, 2019, 03:51:07 PM »
When you finish your post with "end of", I assume that you mean that you have proved your point and the discussion is now at an end. Now THAT is arrogant.
Regarding the bit that I have highlighted, I think you will find that until a couple of weeks ago, we WERE challenging for the top 2. Accepted we have had a bad run over the last 3 matches, but that doesn't change the fact that we have been challenging for pretty much the whole season

its not arrogant at all.

and exactly that, we were challenging and the difference is now we are not due to poor management, performances and tactical decisions that have severely cost us over the last 3 games. some fans would argue that we should have been more than challenging when considering the quality of the squad, how long have we actually spent in the top 2? very little.

i have said on previous posts that  i have never rated DM but he should be given until the end of the season and if the target is failed then he has to go, simple as that. the club decided to make that decision a lot earlier on the slim chance that someone can come in and reignite us and challenge for the top 2. the quality of performances and continuous poor tactical decisions and in game management, in my opinion we would have dropped out the top 6 under DM, but we will never know now if that would have happened.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3833 on: March 12, 2019, 03:55:48 PM »
Going back to the Talksport s**t, the worst thing is, that idiot Durhams claims now seem to be getting more awareness.

I am a pretty relaxed bloke but this has really got under my skin, i have never phoned up a radio station before but i am very temped to put him right about about a few things but then i think he doesnt care, if i call up he has done his job and its giving him a recognition he doesnt deserve.

When you read the twitter feed from his comments, about 75% of the comments say the decision was clearly nothing to do with race (out that 75% some say was right, others say was madness) but most comments are from everyday people, fans of other clubs, quite a lot of black people too.

There is 25% who seem to agree the decision was made because of his skin colour, but the worst thing is the more famous black people who are spouting off, the rent a quotes for anything to do with black people and football - Kevin Campbell, Paul Ince, Troy Townsend.

I wonder if Albion phoned up Paul Ince and offered him the job, would he be that disgusted by our club he would turn it down on moral and principles or would he already be in his car travelling down to say yes? i think we know the answer to that.

The fact remains that since January 2014, so the last 5 years we have had 5 permanent managers, out those 5 managers Darren Moore is the 2nd longest service manager with 8 months, the number of sackings shows that we are just s**t at appointing managers, not that we are a racist club.

Talksport and Sky sports have been telling us all our season we have the best squad in the league, if that is the case then you would expect us to win the league, with 10 games to go we are 11 points behind top and 7 behind 2nd so top two, let alone top spot look long gone so in that view Darren Moore failed, if you fail you get the sack. (I know a number of our fans also think we have the best squad, i personally dont and wouldnt of sacked him but thats not the point here)

He makes no sense, he said he isnt accusing Albion of racism but the sacking was a sub concious thing because of Darren Moores skin colour?! and that what have done is disgraceful to black coaches in this country, yet he offers no evidence at all to back it up!

I imagine the club have enough going on with the manager search to take too much notice of Durham, but this wasnt a ignorant comment by a fan, this was a bloke who has a national primetime slot and is being allowed to spout his views and get support because its a one way opinion, he should be removed from his position when he implies and makes accusations as serious as he has.

I would really hope with how much attention Durham has got (which is what he wants) that the club are aware of this and that they have the lawyers ready to take action against him, he usually gets away with saying what he wants but when you make racism accusations without any evidence you need to be held responsible, i am sure a letter through his door informing him that we are beginning legal action against him may stop him in his tracks abit.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:00:16 PM by Albion79 »

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3834 on: March 12, 2019, 04:00:29 PM »
I don't know what depresses me more. The sacking of Darren Moore or the reaction of those Albion fans welcoming it.   

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3835 on: March 12, 2019, 04:01:47 PM »
Talksh1te are careful enough to protect themselves with language so as to avoid legal challenges - they're well trained in this I imagine.

Like any 'troll' - just ignore them, they'll eventually go away. We 're a great and proud club for many reasons and don't even have to answer this kind of rubbish in my opinion.......

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3836 on: March 12, 2019, 04:03:51 PM »
Talkshit want a reaction and every time anyone comments on their pooh they get one. Idiots are best ignored. They have the problem, not us. Just blank their pooh out.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3837 on: March 12, 2019, 04:15:03 PM »
The issue i have its not john down the pub implying racism, its a national platform.

If they said WBA are idiots for sacking Moore when 4th then fine, if they say Pickford is out of form and shouldnt be picked for England, Arsenal are under achieving, etc, etc then thats fine we all have different opinions.

But i think when you start making racism claims like they are, with nothing to back it up, you should be held accountable because its a serious slur being made to a big audience.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3838 on: March 12, 2019, 04:15:47 PM »
I don't know what depresses me more. The sacking of Darren Moore or the reaction of those Albion fans welcoming it.

I don’t know about being depressed by the sacking and the reaction but I am disgusted by it. We have an awful owner and a useless board and now, I am sad to say, too many arrogant ‘fans’ who seem to believe that we have a God given right to automatic promotion? WBA was a cash cow for Peace and is now a prestige project gone wrong for an absent Chinese speculator. How anyone can side with Lai and his cohorts against Darren Moore amazes me; disgraceful. I feel ashamed of West Bromwich Albion.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3839 on: March 12, 2019, 04:22:51 PM »
I don’t know about being depressed by the sacking and the reaction but I am disgusted by it. We have an awful owner and a useless board and now, I am sad to say, too many arrogant ‘fans’ who seem to believe that we have a God given right to automatic promotion? WBA was a cash cow for Peace and is now a prestige project gone wrong for an absent Chinese speculator. How anyone can side with Lai and his cohorts against Darren Moore amazes me; disgraceful. I feel ashamed of West Bromwich Albion.

no one has said we have god given right to win automatic promotion. but the expectation is to challenge for the top 2. we have done for majority of the season in a fashion despite not spending hardly any time in the top, with the gap now between top 2 and the mistakes and lack of in game management then DM has to be made responsible. As the season has progressed it has become more noticeable that he isnt quite up to the job.

without being disrespectful or sarcastic, i am genuinley very surprised that we have fans who are "disgusted" by us sacking DM. i think its early and he should have been given until the end of the season but as ive always said, failure to get promoted and he would have been nailed on to get the sack and rightly so.

i just honestly do not understand the thoughts that if we didnt achieve promotion he should still be in the job next season but thats just my view.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3840 on: March 12, 2019, 04:27:56 PM »
The issue i have its not john down the pub implying racism, its a national platform.

If they said WBA are idiots for sacking Moore when 4th then fine, if they say Pickford is out of form and shouldnt be picked for England, Arsenal are under achieving, etc, etc then thats fine we all have different opinions.

But i think when you start making racism claims like they are, with nothing to back it up, you should be held accountable because its a serious slur being made to a big audience.

A guy on twitter made a great point that Talk Sport only employ middle aged white men to host their shows. Must be unconscious racism...give some black ex footballers / cricketers a chance...

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3841 on: March 12, 2019, 04:31:01 PM »
A guy on twitter made a great point that Talk Sport only employ middle aged white men to host their shows. Must be unconscious racism...give some black ex footballers / cricketers a chance...

What like Ince and Collymore to pedal more absolute pooh?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3842 on: March 12, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »
Excellent post mate 100% agree

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3843 on: March 12, 2019, 04:45:07 PM »
It's all getting a bit petty on here at the moment. I think we need to chill and appreciate that everyone is entitled to an opinion.

The thing that sticks out to me is that we're all shocked by his sacking. I've spent time looking back through some of the post-match threads and there are huge numbers of fans saying Moore is clueless. And none of us could see him being sacked, especially not immediately after a match. After holding onto TP and Pardew for too long, I thought we'd hang on to DM throughout this season and replace him in the summer if we failed to go up.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3844 on: March 12, 2019, 04:45:23 PM »
I think the point made by a previous poster is also an important one. By accusing a club of being racist by sacking a BAME manager (even when there is no racism involved, conscious or subconscious), and it happens most times a BAME manager is sacked, it makes clubs scared to hire BAME managers in the first place as they are worried about the reaction of certain pockets of the media.

This behaviour from the likes of Durham, imo, actually harms the chances of black managers getting jobs in the future.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3845 on: March 12, 2019, 04:54:34 PM »
It's all getting a bit petty on here at the moment. I think we need to chill and appreciate that everyone is entitled to an opinion.

The thing that sticks out to me is that we're all shocked by his sacking. I've spent time looking back through some of the post-match threads and there are huge numbers of fans saying Moore is clueless. And none of us could see him being sacked, especially not immediately after a match. After holding onto TP and Pardew for too long, I thought we'd hang on to DM throughout this season and replace him in the summer if we failed to go up.
Which in my opinion should have been the way, I still stick by it that if his remit was promotion then he was on target, if it was top 2 they should have backed him in January.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3846 on: March 12, 2019, 05:50:42 PM »

I certainly did not welcome it, its sad, unfortunate, but correct.
Baggie in Southampton

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3847 on: March 12, 2019, 06:10:12 PM »
I'm with you 100% but we seem to be in the minority.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3848 on: March 12, 2019, 06:26:27 PM »
Fully agree apart from the fans I see it more of a national disease where there is a total lack of respect for our fellow man and the act of abusing someone is all too easy with social media being the main vehicle to deliver abuse.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3849 on: March 12, 2019, 09:03:17 PM »
I think the point made by a previous poster is also an important one. By accusing a club of being racist by sacking a BAME manager (even when there is no racism involved, conscious or subconscious), and it happens most times a BAME manager is sacked, it makes clubs scared to hire BAME managers in the first place as they are worried about the reaction of certain pockets of the media.

This behaviour from the likes of Durham, imo, actually harms the chances of black managers getting jobs in the future.
on this subject it would be interesting to get the clubs views on the comments made by talksport, they are slanderous and are clearly attempting to damage the clubs reputation, it may be something that is raised at the next assembly meeting. I’d be amazed if the club aren’t seeking legal advise over it.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.