Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854409 times)

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3800 on: March 12, 2019, 12:34:03 AM »
Everyone knows what Talksport are like and what they do, they like to talk about should managers be getting sacked, players been out of form, etc as it gets a rise but i think when they start throwing a very serious subject like racism about, thats a line crossed even for them.

Agreed. They incite strong opinions / emotions and then have the nerve to turn round and condemn the behaviours they caused. The self righteousness and narcissism that are rampant in western culture are personified by this radio station. I have always enjoyed Hawksbee and Jacobs but then turn off the radio. If you look at the rest of their presenters it’s all you need to know. I’ve always had a lot of time for Colin Murray who quit talk sport as a matter of principal in terms of who owns them...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 12:35:46 AM by SirTonyM »

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3801 on: March 12, 2019, 02:39:16 AM »
Talksport have just been about the race issue again on their show after 1 am and on about it now with fans phoning in and it is shocking how they are trying to peddle this theory.

I understand that they have to court controversy to get idiots to ring them on their premium phones line but this rubbish is pathetic and they should look at our history of putting talent over colour.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 02:45:37 AM by BalisPen »

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3802 on: March 12, 2019, 08:23:54 AM »
Talksport have just been about the race issue again on their show after 1 am and on about it now with fans phoning in and it is shocking how they are trying to peddle this theory.

I understand that they have to court controversy to get idiots to ring them on their premium phones line but this rubbish is pathetic and they should look at our history of putting talent over colour.

You wonder whether the authorities should intervene if it construed as inciting racial hatred.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3803 on: March 12, 2019, 08:41:23 AM »
Because we would be sitting about 8th by then had Dave carried on,even the caretaker only has to read the posts on here regarding who plays where and formations,take notice and we will be fine,after Ipswich it can only get better,famous last words

No we wouldn't there are only 2 games until the break and even if we lost both games and the teams below us all won their's we would be no lower than 6th....still in the play off places.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3804 on: March 12, 2019, 09:57:16 AM »
The sacking was too early, but what all of the commentators seem to be missing is that:

A, our board is made up by 50% BME representation

and

B, Our caretaker manager (and potentially manager till end of season) is also BME.

if you are going to call thr club racist and say we treat white people different, you do need to consider these 2 things.
Boing Boing

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3805 on: March 12, 2019, 10:03:29 AM »
Reading between the lines in the news reports David Wagner yesterday dismissed the job saying he wanted to wait until the Summer before taking a new position. I guess that is due to the fact that he's still being paid by Huddersfield and thinks why should I work for money when I've got a nice little earner until my contract runs out, plus the fact that we would have to pay compensation to Huddersfield if we were to appoint him now.
We, apparently, are looking towards an interim manager until the end of the season?
Makes you think that the board are not confident of landing Jokanovic and Wagner is keener than we're being led to believe
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3806 on: March 12, 2019, 10:08:05 AM »
The sacking was too early, but what all of the commentators seem to be missing is that:

A, our board is made up by 50% BME representation

and

B, Our caretaker manager (and potentially manager till end of season) is also BME.

if you are going to call thr club racist and say we treat white people different, you do need to consider these 2 things.

Jimmy Shan is BME??
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3807 on: March 12, 2019, 10:50:19 AM »

Obviously...

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3808 on: March 12, 2019, 11:06:11 AM »
Reading between the lines in the news reports David Wagner yesterday dismissed the job saying he wanted to wait until the Summer before taking a new position. I guess that is due to the fact that he's still being paid by Huddersfield and thinks why should I work for money when I've got a nice little earner until my contract runs out, plus the fact that we would have to pay compensation to Huddersfield if we were to appoint him now.
We, apparently, are looking towards an interim manager until the end of the season?
Makes you think that the board are not confident of landing Jokanovic and Wagner is keener than we're being led to believe

As I understand it, there is a clause in Wagner's severance agreement stating that he cannot take another managerial position until the end of this season.
If he does, the club that he joins will have to pay compensation to Huddersfield.
On the surface, it does appear that we are becoming less confident of landing Jokanavic.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3809 on: March 12, 2019, 12:27:00 PM »
Chall (the baggiebird) has just put a status on twitter:

Just had a phone call... the bloke on the other end was Darren Moore and he told me to make sure the fans get behind Jimmy Shan on Wednesday

Say what you want about whether he was up for the managers job or not, but no one can argue he is a true gentleman and that's something this club will now be without.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3810 on: March 12, 2019, 12:39:39 PM »

Just had a phone call... the bloke on the other end was Darren Moore and he told me to make sure the fans get behind Jimmy Shan on Wednesday

Say what you want about whether he was up for the managers job or not, but no one can argue he is a true gentleman and that's something this club will now be without.
I honestly believe that Darren Moore was not the wrong manager for this club, but this was the wrong club for Darren Moore.
We didn't deserve him.
I hope he finds a club that will appreciate his strengths, and give him time to build something, rather than constantly harangue him for his weaknesses.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3811 on: March 12, 2019, 01:07:43 PM »
To be honest, I think he was a coach who stepped up too far. Lovely bloke, but just not cut out for it.

The Norwich fan had some very good points, but I would say where the rot really set in was losing Dan Ashworth. I don't know if breaking up his role into three was the problem, or just the lack of a long term vision, but that's where all the good work started slipping.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3812 on: March 12, 2019, 01:22:52 PM »

thats all briliant and as a man and ex player i have a lot of admiration for DM but being a gentleman does not win you automatic promotion.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3813 on: March 12, 2019, 01:25:53 PM »
I honestly believe that Darren Moore was not the wrong manager for this club, but this was the wrong club for Darren Moore.
We didn't deserve him.
I hope he finds a club that will appreciate his strengths, and give him time to build something, rather than constantly harangue him for his weaknesses.

without coming across as rude and sarcastic. seriously, what do you think his strengths were as a manager?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3814 on: March 12, 2019, 01:30:33 PM »
We didn't deserve him.

What a ridiculous post.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3815 on: March 12, 2019, 01:40:58 PM »
Absolutely disgusted with Talksport and Adrian Durham over this
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3816 on: March 12, 2019, 01:41:40 PM »
without coming across as rude and sarcastic. seriously, what do you think his strengths were as a manager?

Getting 4th in the championship in his first season. Last seasons great fight back before we were relegated. Playing a completely different style to this season. Multiple managers of the month awards.

Not his fault we lost 66% of our midfield three and the best players after Christmas.

Many people bang on about the best squad in the championship but ignore all the injuries we had last game.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3817 on: March 12, 2019, 01:51:44 PM »
Getting 4th in the championship in his first season. Last seasons great fight back before we were relegated. Playing a completely different style to this season. Multiple managers of the month awards.

Not his fault we lost 66% of our midfield three and the best players after Christmas.

Many people bang on about the best squad in the championship but ignore all the injuries we had last game.

....against....Ipswich...?! They had 21 points from 35 games before playing us. They are truly awful and we made them look like Barcelona at times.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3818 on: March 12, 2019, 01:56:04 PM »

and in my opinion, none of those "strengths" get you automatic promotion. all clubs suffer injuries its up to the manager to manage the squad the best way possible. he never did that. he consistently played people out of position and in systems that blatantly didn't work and went on for far too long. his in game management was one of the poorest i have seen. he was playing livermore and brunt as a midfield pair for how long at the start of the season and never changed his method of playing it out from the back when it is clear as day we do not have the players to do that.

being 4th at this stage of the season with the resources available is not good enough with the resources available.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3819 on: March 12, 2019, 02:00:54 PM »
....against....Ipswich...?! They had 21 points from 35 games before playing us. They are truly awful and we made them look like Barcelona at times.
So we should have just turned up to beat them then?, its an arrogant attitude to have, they are fighting to stay up and it showed Saturday. We have taken 4 points out of them, they have not beat us. Lets not forget Derby, Sheff Utd, Norwich and even Villa have also failed to beat Ipswich this season too....

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3820 on: March 12, 2019, 02:02:49 PM »
So we should have just turned up to beat them then?, its an arrogant attitude to have, they are fighting to stay up and it showed Saturday. We have taken 4 points out of them, they have not beat us. Lets not forget Derby, Sheff Utd, Norwich and even Villa have also failed to beat Ipswich this season too....

Who says anything about arrogance? I would expect our team to still be far superior in terms of quality, so with the right set up and attitude, yes, yes, I would fully expect us to beat them. I certainly would not expect us to allow them to come to our home ground and completely outplay us. If anyone thinks that performance was acceptable I am concerned for their football knowledge.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3821 on: March 12, 2019, 02:07:16 PM »

They clearly did not get the memo that they were playing us and should role over, even if they are fighting for their life. As soon as the opposition saw we had one fit first team defender and no decent and fit wide players of course they were going to throw everything at us.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3822 on: March 12, 2019, 02:09:10 PM »
Who says anything about arrogance? I would expect our team to still be far superior in terms of quality, so with the right set up and attitude, yes, yes, I would fully expect us to beat them. I certainly would expect us to allow them to come to our home ground and completely outplay us. If anyone thinks that performance was acceptable I am concerned for their football knowledge.
That performance was shocking, but for every bit that we were poor they were good, it was at times a good end to end match, they didnt sit back and defend and deserve a fair bit of credit for taking the game to us. Sometimes expectations are not met, we are Albion fans and know this well!! But these games happen, who expected Palace to bang in 3 away at City and win?? Who expected Utd to turn a 2-0 deficit around at PSG, etc etc ....

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3823 on: March 12, 2019, 02:11:23 PM »
They clearly did not get the memo that they were playing us and should role over, even if they are fighting for their life. As soon as the opposition saw we had one fit first team defender and no decent and fit wide players of course they were going to throw everything at us.
They are down except for the last mathematical rites, so they could do what we did the last six games last year and just throw everything at it whatever team we put out.  We still should have been good enough to win though!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3824 on: March 12, 2019, 02:13:04 PM »
That performance was shocking, but for every bit that we were poor they were good, it was at times a good end to end match, they didnt sit back and defend and deserve a fair bit of credit for taking the game to us. Sometimes expectations are not met, we are Albion fans and know this well!! But these games happen, who expected Palace to bang in 3 away at City and win?? Who expected Utd to turn a 2-0 deficit around at PSG, etc etc ....

It became a continuous theme...which is why those who are paid to make such decisions made the big decision. The litmus test for him came in this past week or so and he completely ballsed it up and ruined our shot at automatic promotion by not only failing to beat Sheff Utd and Leeds, but putting out a team to play absolutely awfully in both games, showing no ability to change a game in his role as head coach. The Ipswich game was just the icing on the cake that proved it was only headed in one direction.