Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854440 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3600 on: March 09, 2019, 10:51:42 PM »
Agree we are sitting in the play off places, it’s not the time to sack him now, the owners have knee jerked and I worry that we have know got a vacuum and no plan.
even these idiots have some one lined up   :o

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3601 on: March 09, 2019, 10:53:41 PM »
even these idiots have some one lined up   :o
Let’s hope that they have
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3602 on: March 09, 2019, 10:58:40 PM »
I assume that a big part of it is that we will probably make the playoffs whatever, but that Moore would not be the right man for that.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3603 on: March 09, 2019, 11:02:35 PM »
This seems bizarre, never heard of this happening before  ??? I trust you because you know your stuff, but if this is true then it's really very sad/unprofessional and explains the performance today.

Excellent point.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3604 on: March 09, 2019, 11:06:27 PM »
Darren I hope that you read this one day, please know that I really appreciate all you have done for WBAFC as a player/ coach / manager, your persona and character have been a credit to the club and yourself
When the club was at a really low ebb you stepped into the breech and restored our pride. I am saddened that the club has taken the decision it has, and I hope that you will find it possible to forgive them at some point.
You are a strong man and I cannot believe that you will not come back stronger from this point.
Thanks Darren for all you have done on and off the pitch
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3605 on: March 09, 2019, 11:09:31 PM »
Darren I hope that you read this one day, please know that I really appreciate all you have done for WBAFC as a player/ coach / manager, your persona and character have been a credit to the club and yourself
When the club was at a really low ebb you stepped into the breech and restored our pride. I am saddened that the club has taken the decision it has, and I hope that you will find it possible to forgive them at some point.
You are a strong man and I cannot believe that you will not come back stronger from this point.
Thanks Darren for all you have done on and off the pitch
I Reiterate what you are saying

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3606 on: March 09, 2019, 11:16:40 PM »
agree that Jenkins and Lai should do one but Moore was to loyal to a bunch of over paid pre Madonnas who have left him down.

Hold on. You’ve been skating Moore. Now it’s the players ?

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3607 on: March 09, 2019, 11:34:53 PM »
I suppose the key thing is 'do you think Moore was the right man going forward?'. 

Even if we got promoted there's no way we would survive the Prem, nkt even close.  If we didn't go up then we'd get rid anyway.  Like it or not we have under performed this season especially since Jan.

As unfortunate as is it is, this gives his replacement a bit of extra time and maybe a chance to turn things around.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3608 on: March 09, 2019, 11:39:31 PM »
I am truly surprised by the news and have taken a little time to digest it. Even though I don’t agree with the decision and have been a supporter of Darren, the way we have played recently has been very concerning. Tactically today we were awful and to play a 2 man midfield, both of whom are defensive minded was a very strange decision to say the least.
Taking a hard nosed view you can understand that, even though we were very likely to make the playoffs, the form suggests that we would have failed there. The choice of successor is crucial and I pray that it is not one of the dinosaurs we all know only too well.

Thanks Darren and good luck.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3609 on: March 09, 2019, 11:56:52 PM »
i think the decision was made as with Dave in charge we clearly were not going to make the playoffs,the game plan,tactics everything was shot if we couldn't beat Ipswich at home,seriously when was our next point coming from,its a gamble like Pardew was,that a new manager might win his first few games its a 50/50 chance ,but Dave would not have made the playoffs a great guy ,servant to the club and player, and all the very best for the future.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3610 on: March 10, 2019, 12:10:42 AM »
Hold on. You’ve been skating Moore. Now it’s the players ?
didn't think he was doing a good job and have called him out for relying on too many senior players no matter what form they were in. When Darren got job I thought he would integrate our youngsters into his team sooner but instead he stuck with majority of senior players who basically cost him his job.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3611 on: March 10, 2019, 01:01:00 AM »
I'd like to get an insider view on whether the players had stopped playing for him. I know its standard for players to be very grovelling in their praise for their managers, when talking to the media, but I did think alot of it sounded genuine.

I don't think its possible to be a successful manager if the players don't like or have respect for him. You can be the greatest football tactician worldwide, but if the players don't respect you, or you can't communicate effectively with them, its irrelevant.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 01:07:22 AM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3612 on: March 10, 2019, 01:46:55 AM »
The sacking is knee jerk - you cannot keep sacking a manager every time your form takes a dip - otherwise we’ll have two and three managers a years it also laughable that Moore gets the sack now for not achieving promotion given the rubbish hand he was dealt at the start of the season.

Moore may have been naive, but given he saved us from a Sunderland style relegation , he deserved the opportunity to rebuild this football club. All this talk of a long term project has proved to be complete and utter balls.

The other big mistake Moore made was the choosing of Jones over Shakespeare - Moore needed that experienced hand rather than relying on an individual with a patchy record previously whose footballing beliefs was the polar opposite to his own - it often showed.

The man remains a hero, and I’m gutted it ends this way. This might be the heat of the emotions, but for me, given everything this season & the recent rubbish with season tickets, Jenkins and Lai can do one.

It was never a long term plan though, was it? I said as much in the summer. Bar the signing of Johnstone, I don't think there has been a single decision made at the club that had any long term thinking behind it since Pulis was dismissed. We haven't even got our best academy player signed up beyond the end of the season. We've all been deriding the short-termism of the board for years. Moore said in the summer that he wanted to keep the squad together, from that point on it was clear this season was going to be s**t or bust and I adjusted my expectations accordingly. I'm certain the board were expecting top 2 this season, that's out of the window. Couple it with Moore showing little evidence of improvement throughout the season and I don't think it's as big of as shock as it's being made out.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3613 on: March 10, 2019, 02:02:09 AM »
I can tell you 100% he was already sacked yesterday and was just keeping up appearances.

I never wanted him to get the job but not because he didnt deserve it but the fact that at some point he would be kicked out of the club never to return.

The club are a disgrace full stop, I give up....
WM radio had an extended programme this evening. The bloke that interviewed Darren after the game stated, categorically, that Darren was relieved of duties after the interview. I’m not disbelieving you, and it would in some way explain the deflated performance of the players, but how can you say you know 100% that the sacking was the day before? No need to go into detail, but it would be interesting to know.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3614 on: March 10, 2019, 02:08:05 AM »
WM radio had an extended programme this evening. The bloke that interviewed Darren after the game stated, categorically, that Darren was relieved of duties after the interview. I’m not disbelieving you, and it would in some way explain the deflated performance of the players, but how can you say you know 100% that the sacking was the day before? No need to go into detail, but it would be interesting to know.

Ignore him, he's chatting pooh like so many people.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3615 on: March 10, 2019, 02:25:50 AM »

Ignore him, he's chatting rubbish like so many people.
OK. I’ll get back to drinking.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3616 on: March 10, 2019, 02:43:16 AM »
It's a very simple business decision. Over the last few weeks we have lost any chance of automatic promotion. Likewise our form is getting worse week by week. I suspect the owners are looking at the financial loss if we don't go up via the playoffs which in any business is extremely worrying.
It was only ever going to be a short term appointment, unfortunately DM was the right guy at the right time at the end of last season and I suspect the owners and Jenkins have discussed a new "right guy" to try to lift the team for the playoffs.
Disappointed for DM but had to come sometime.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3617 on: March 10, 2019, 05:18:25 AM »
Just woke up to the news, shocked but relieved

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3618 on: March 10, 2019, 07:23:37 AM »
It's a very simple business decision. Over the last few weeks we have lost any chance of automatic promotion. Likewise our form is getting worse week by week. I suspect the owners are looking at the financial loss if we don't go up via the playoffs which in any business is extremely worrying.
It was only ever going to be a short term appointment, unfortunately DM was the right guy at the right time at the end of last season and I suspect the owners and Jenkins have discussed a new "right guy" to try to lift the team for the playoffs.
Disappointed for DM but had to come sometime.

It's a very simple decision to save face. The club failed to replace Barns or get adequate cover in for Phillips their only option was to sack him.

Moore was tasked with getting us automatic yet only had the players to win games for half the season. Yes we could of gone more defensive but only winning games gets you out of this league.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 07:46:14 AM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3619 on: March 10, 2019, 07:57:41 AM »
Moore got the job on the basis of a good run when we were already dead last season many people voiced their concerns then. I was sceptical but I have the big man my support.

Whilst he has had his failings this season; playing Brunt cm, sticking with 2 formations too long, shoe horning rodriguez into team at all costs. I thought he squoze blood out of a stone for the most part our squad is old and vastly overrated. Not to mention he had no support in the summer with regards to signings all the players are cheap fillers or loans. I had my reservations but knew we couldn't keep chopping and changing and was happy to give big dave the season.

The be all and end all of it is that we have been in a slow steady decline since Roy Hodgson took the England job. We never upgraded Brunt and Morrison, we never replaced odemwingie we have been run on the cheap the managerial appointments have been appalling. The sad thing is we have given pulis and pardew abundant time to turn things round and yet we haven't really given big dave the same luxury.

He restored a lot of pride and began to close the gap between fans and club which had become cavernous. He tried to get us playing football and for the first half of the season whilst we had Harvey Barnes it was very enjoyable. I have also loved seeing the amount of  youth he gave a chance too. Very good player for WBA and as a manager almost 50% win rate. Should have been demoted back to coaching in the youth set
Up as he had a flair for that. Will be remembered fondly by me. Thanks for all Darren!

Hope we get the replacement right.
O Albion we love you

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3620 on: March 10, 2019, 07:58:08 AM »
A correct decision for me.

Team form was declining slowly since Barnes left.
Lack of movement and urgency on the front, despite we still have Gayle and J-Rod, also the arrival of Murphy and Montero.
It's a difficult situation for Moore, but it's his job to adjust the game plan or tactics to fix the problem.
Also the poor defense isn't being sorted since day 1 and it became worse recently.

He deserved a lot credits to restore the pride and unity for the club last season.
But the task this season(Top 2 & automatic promotion) maybe too big for him, as a rookie manager.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 08:23:04 AM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3621 on: March 10, 2019, 08:28:20 AM »
Russell Hoult and Johnathan Greening both piping up on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/russhoult/status/1104478775834742784?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

And

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonoGreening8/status/1104484110091849734

Correct decision for me. Maybe there were hoping to get on our payroll under Moore.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3622 on: March 10, 2019, 08:32:36 AM »
i think the decision was made as with Dave in charge we clearly were not going to make the playoffs,the game plan,tactics everything was shot if we couldn't beat Ipswich at home,seriously when was our next point coming from,its a gamble like Pardew was,that a new manager might win his first few games its a 50/50 chance ,but Dave would not have made the playoffs a great guy ,servant to the club and player, and all the very best for the future.
I think its more like we probably would have scrambled into the playoffs, but need to give the new man 10 games to work out a way to get through there (even if its just bog standard 442) otherwise we would have had the same system being used, which has been busted.
I might be completely wrong on the player morale thing, but it increasingly looked like they were given fixed instructions to follow (eg playing out from the back, Gayle out wide), and it was wearing them down.  Maybe they tried to raise it with Moore and got (very nicely and politely I'm sure) fobbed off.
It's a really sad day for the club whatever, but we need to get up for the next two days and get those playoff points on the board.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3623 on: March 10, 2019, 08:33:10 AM »
He should never have been given the job after 6 or so meaningless matches at the end of last season in the first place. He was the cheap option for #skinflint Albion. I knew it would end in tears - he's been hung out to dry in my opinion. Best of luck for the future Darren
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3624 on: March 10, 2019, 08:34:27 AM »
On a sentimental basis and I know there is no room for sentiment, there was so much wrong in sacking Darren when and how we did.

But on a practical and purely business basis it was the correct decision as a decline had set in and, sad to say, with little sign of it being turned round.

I was pleased when Darren was appointed as, imo, he had earned the chance. I wish him all the best in the future as he is a very decent bloke.

Does anyone know if Jones has also left the club?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.