Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854493 times)

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3550 on: March 09, 2019, 08:42:18 PM »
On paper, who has the best team in the PL? Manchester City. What do we base it on? Cost of players, quality of players, experience of players, wages of players, expectations of the club.

Use this reasoning for why fans, myself included, have said we have the best team in this league. It's nothing to do with arrogance or past reputations. It's to do with the assets we have and our expectations compared to other teams in the league. Lots of teams are heading into administration, or having points deducted, can't pay wages. We're not.

Let's not pretend that the fans are to blame. Recently, fans have been saying he needs to learn from his mistakes or he needs to go. But there have been no "Moore out" signs at the ground. No booing him. We listened two weeks ago when he asked for the support against Sheffield Utd. We've done our part and the fact that the ground has been 22,000+ for most games shows that. He has not been up to the task and he hasn't learned from his mistakes. It's that simple. Getting back to the PL is the club's priority. Not being sentimental.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3551 on: March 09, 2019, 08:43:06 PM »
Scapegoat. Loads of injuries, club failed to replace Barns. We are still 4th, he has a win ratio of nearly 50%.

Loads of injuries what?  We signed more players than any other team. 

Darren Moore lacked authority and confidence as a leader.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3552 on: March 09, 2019, 08:43:48 PM »
Loads of injuries what?  We signed more players than any other team. 

Darren Moore lacked authority and confidence as a leader.

What defenders did we have on the bench today? Phillips is clearly not fit. Brunt and Morrison as well  And our best player went back to Leicester.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 08:46:56 PM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3553 on: March 09, 2019, 08:47:01 PM »
What defenders did we have on the bench today?

I’ve already told you Ipswich are bottom, millions in debt and you are talking about defensive options from the bench?  Jeez.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3554 on: March 09, 2019, 08:48:04 PM »
The atmosphere at home games has been awful all season, fans of other clubs will vouch for that and reguarly point out how s**t our support is, the fans are the ones who create / break the atmosphere so for that they are to blame.

I blame the players more than anybody but if you were a footballer would you want to play in front of the Albion crowd this season? To hear the constant groans and moans every mistake thats made, have your goalie being jeered from the 2nd or 3rd match of the season?

It happens at a lot of clubs but considering until a couple of weeks ago we were always within a few points of the top, the atmosphere has been rubbish since the first game.

I am sure there will be some but how many other managers have been sacked when 4th in the league?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3555 on: March 09, 2019, 08:48:40 PM »
Some people say he lost dressing room, if that's the case then it's that bloody click that have been at this club way too long.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3556 on: March 09, 2019, 08:48:48 PM »
What defenders did we have on the bench today? Phillips is clearly not fit. Brunt and Morrison as well  And our best player went back to Leicester.

Morrison and Brunt have been fit for a few weeks, came out of their mouths. Morrison told me he just wasn't getting a look in, that  was the day before the Leeds game. However they are NOT the answer. In this league we need legs in the middle with the exception being Barry who until last couple of games along with Barnes has been the best performer of the season.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 08:51:46 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3557 on: March 09, 2019, 08:48:55 PM »
Do you seriously believe the decision was made on one game, where we drew against a team fighting for their life?

Loosing Barns lost us the midfield and the three we signed are not good enough.

No I don’t, but it was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. He’s looked tactically inept all season, we haven’t won since December at home, we have just lost to two of our promotion rivals in a row AND today we were an absolute shambles because of his tactical choices. I’d struggle to argue against his dismissal.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3558 on: March 09, 2019, 08:50:40 PM »
I’ve already told you Ipswich are bottom, millions in debt and you are talking about defensive options from the bench?  Jeez.

Nice bit of editing what I said  ::)

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3559 on: March 09, 2019, 08:53:45 PM »
Morrison and Brunt have been fit for a few weeks, came out of their mouths. Morrison told me he just wasn't getting a look in, that  was the day before the Leeds game. However they are NOT the answer. In this league we need legs in the middle with the exception being Barry wsho until last couple of games along with Barnes has been the best performer of the season.

Good to know about Morrison and Brunt, great servents. Should shut up some of the boo boys saying he was to loyal to the old guard.

I stand by the problem we have is the loss of Barns and Phillips giving those legs we needed in the middle. Loosing those two was the difference between the two leads performances. Team's don't fear our midfield anymore and starve our strikers.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3560 on: March 09, 2019, 08:54:42 PM »
Good to know about Morrison and Brunt, great servents. Should shut up some of the boo boys saying he was to loyal to the old guard.

I stand by the problem we have is the loss of Barns and Phillips giving those legs we needed in the middle. Loosing those two was the difference between the two leads performances. Team's don't fear our midfield anymore and starve our strikers.

The problem was Moore playing the same system after they left despite us not having the personnel

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3561 on: March 09, 2019, 08:56:51 PM »
Thats the problem, our squad are names but are living off past reputations, they arent very good any more as recent games under pressure has shown.

When the pressure was off at the end of last season and the start of this they shown they were just fine, sadly for the people who have had to manage them, football is about performing when it really counts and our lot arent up to it.

Last year Norwich fans wanted Farke out, their board fortunately remained calm and ignored them and look at them now.

I would imagine any manager worth this salt who is not just looking for a payday will view the Albion job with caution, we are a joke how many managers we sack.

I disagree again, there are very few players in this league with the quality of Gayle, Gibbs, Barry, Hegazi, JRod etc. If they were all living on past reputations, that is something I'd expect the head coach to address when building his squad, so even if I agreed with you I'd level that at Moore instead.

There has to be a reason why we're playing consistently poorly yet trundling along in 4th. Either the players are holding back the head coach, or the head coach is holding back the players. I know which one my money's on. Either way, we'll find out in the next 10 games.

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3562 on: March 09, 2019, 08:58:05 PM »
Absolutely gutted for Big Dave. Just don't get why you appoint a manager cutting his teeth in management  for the first time, if you are then going to axe him at the first sign of concern. You either give him time to develop/make mistakes and learn from them .... or go for experience in the first place!
This club's board, owners just don't seem to know what they want.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3563 on: March 09, 2019, 08:58:44 PM »
The problem was Moore playing the same system after they left despite us not having the personnel

Yet we signed three attacking players who were not good enough to fill those holes. As I will keep saying he has been made a scapegoat.

Do we not follow the same academy setup as Southampton and England now where all youth groups play the same style so they can step up easier?

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3564 on: March 09, 2019, 08:58:52 PM »
Outrageous decision. Darren Moore was not running the recruitment side of the club, so what was he supposed to do, make a silk purse out of a pigs ear? The hierarchy of the Club are to blame, from the absentee in China, though Jenkins and his ‘team’.

To think that an Albion legend, a decent man has been scapegoated while that chinaman still is ‘associated’ with the Club is just awful. I am now inclined not to attend any more matches or to renew my ST until that horrible little man’s association with West Bromwich Albion is over. There will be no success while he owns the Club, as I have said many a time.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3565 on: March 09, 2019, 09:01:05 PM »
John Percy

“It is understood Jones has agreed to take over at Luton Town in the summer, raising doubts internally over his commitment”.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

baggy_girl89

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3566 on: March 09, 2019, 09:02:52 PM »
I am truly disgusted with my club.

Can’t even be bothered to start with some of the ‘fans’.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3567 on: March 09, 2019, 09:03:56 PM »
Yet we signed three attacking players who were not good enough to fill those holes. As I will keep saying he has been made a scapegoat.

Do we not follow the same academy setup as Southampton and England now where all youth groups play the same style so they can step up easier?

Yes we did and they weren’t, so he should’ve changed the formation to suit the players, like any manager worth his salt would. That 4-3-3 with the midfielders we have relies  on one of the front three creating something out of nothing, Barnes did that, we haven’t had it since January but we’ve continued to play the same way.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3568 on: March 09, 2019, 09:04:29 PM »
Too soon for me.

I get the business case - I doubt there are any Albion fans who were confident in us getting promotion any more. We had stalled afrom being unconvincing winners to unconvincing-going through the motions-mid table club types. Moore was no longer getting the best out of one of the better squads in the division and today we were outplayed by the worst team in the division.

Despite this, it was still too soon.

This, following the local media articles in the last few days, suggests a far more perilous situation than is being reported. Lai and the Chinese investors are starting to panic. It is a worrying sign.

Gutted to see a club legend go this way
Boing Boing

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3569 on: March 09, 2019, 09:05:07 PM »
I would say Gibbs definitely, possibly Hegazi (poor last season) Phillips (injured a lot) Jrod (based on his goals this season) out of our own players could step up and play premier league, Harper potentially. The rest i would have major doubts over but some will get moves based on past reputations.

On a side note, john percy said graeme jones had agreed to take over luton in the summer and that has caused friction the last few weeks.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3570 on: March 09, 2019, 09:05:19 PM »

The manager needs to define a style a formation to fit the players.  Everyman and his dog knew we'd be less creative without Barnes therefore we needed to tighten up defensively, he failed to address it

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3571 on: March 09, 2019, 09:07:22 PM »
Absolutely gutted for Big Dave. Just don't get why you appoint a manager cutting his teeth in management  for the first time, if you are then going to axe him at the first sign of concern. You either give him time to develop/make mistakes and learn from them .... or go for experience in the first place!
This club's board, owners just don't seem to know what they want.

Thats a good point. Also, why not have a really experienced assistant instead of Jones who seemed to confuse things a lot and obviously wants to be a boss in his own right

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3572 on: March 09, 2019, 09:08:17 PM »
Every manager has to look over his shoulder.
None of their jobs are guaranteed.
A terrible run has ended Darren's management at the Albion.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3573 on: March 09, 2019, 09:09:01 PM »
John Percy

“It is understood Jones has agreed to take over at Luton Town in the summer, raising doubts internally over his commitment”.

It's a shame Jones didn't leave for Luton first time as he was as bad as Darren.  Moore should have stood up to his constant bull.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3574 on: March 09, 2019, 09:14:59 PM »
The manager needs to define a style a formation to fit the players.  Everyman and his dog knew we'd be less creative without Barnes therefore we needed to tighten up defensively, he failed to address it

To do what? Play Pulis ball and be on the same points as Boro, Pulis is the expert at that style and we are above him.

The next manager will have a real job on his hands, it looks like the 40 points and give up mentality is still alive in the club and our top players are already looking for an escape route.

Im saying it one last time then I'm logging off for the night.

SCAPEGOAT!