Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854419 times)

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3225 on: March 01, 2019, 10:15:49 PM »
Did DM give a post match interview in Sky, I switched off. If so what did he say?

Usual rubbish as expected, we lost because we conceded an early goal
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3226 on: March 01, 2019, 10:17:04 PM »
This is much more likely the case than the idea that Jones is solely to blame for everything.

I think Moore is mostly restricting Jones's attacking style, but then compromising by allowing the team to play out from the back which causes us problems. Right now the football is neither solid defensively nor threatening going forward.
Should Jones be allowed to take control of the team?
This is down to upper management.

Smethwickender93

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3227 on: March 01, 2019, 10:17:41 PM »
See us out till the end of the season, blend some youth in and get Harper signed up.

The board have got 4 months to plan our next manager

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3228 on: March 01, 2019, 10:23:14 PM »
Two things guaranteed as soon as available Brunt and Morrison return! , yes Moore is so predictable, I can call that with confidence.
He is also bloody clueless
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3229 on: March 01, 2019, 10:25:57 PM »
Two things guaranteed as soon as available Brunt and Morrison return! , yes Moore is so predictable, I can call that with confidence.
He is also bloody clueless

To be fair they have been available for last couple of games, just not selected, I guess that will change for next week. Is it for the better ? not for me. The one in ten Morrison can offer something but the other 9 games he offers little, Brunt has to be out wide or on the bench, nowhere near the middle.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3230 on: March 01, 2019, 10:27:05 PM »
See us out till the end of the season, blend some youth in and get Harper signed up.

The board have got 4 months to plan our next manager
Harper was embarrassing today, gave the ball away numerous times and never tracked back just shrugged his shoulders and felt sorry for himself. Even so he was the best of our midfieldrers . Livermore is pinching a living and to think that he has more England caps than Bomber and Cyrille gives me indegestion.

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3231 on: March 01, 2019, 10:31:21 PM »
Should Jones be allowed to take control of the team?
This is down to upper management.

Yes, it is. Moore's audition for the job was to play pretty defensive and dour football. Grinded out results against some big teams but the home games against Palace and Swansea (where the expectancy was to go and attack) showed that he can't set up a team to do that.

In the championship - where we are meant to be a big fish - that obviously wouldn't cut it as teams can sit back and stifle us. Hence we go and get Jones. That was generally the sentiment amongst fans at the time (who were receptive to it too) so I imagine it was upper managements consensus as well. The problem is seemingly we are stuck between two mindsets and thus mastering neither, and in Barnes we have lost the one player good enough to carry us through games regardless.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3232 on: March 01, 2019, 10:36:02 PM »
There's no room for sentiment in football. Time for Moore to go now while there is still some hope. If not we will regret it come May.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3233 on: March 01, 2019, 10:38:57 PM »
Usual rubbish as expected, we lost because we conceded an early goal

Thanks for that. Get rid of DM now.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3234 on: March 01, 2019, 10:39:02 PM »
There's no room for sentiment in football. Time for Moore to go now while there is still some hope. If not we will regret it come May.
I have now just been dragged into the "time to change" camp.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3235 on: March 01, 2019, 10:41:11 PM »
Our board won't sack him as it would cost them money, Pardew the worst manager we have ever had left by mutual consent, he was embarrassed into leaving.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3236 on: March 01, 2019, 10:46:06 PM »
Our board won't sack him as it would cost them money, Pardew the worst manager we have ever had left by mutual consent, he was embarrassed into leaving.
No. It is because they only look at to the bean counters rather than what will take us forward.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3237 on: March 01, 2019, 10:50:33 PM »
Did DM give a post match interview in Sky, I switched off. If so what did he say?

The one on the official twitter he goes on (yet again) about picking the bones out of it. He offers no deep insight into what went wrong, because he doesn't know. His tactics are school boy and he lacks a deep understanding of the game.

We do have the best squad in the league, but they are being mismanaged week in week out.

I actually regret buying my Ipswich ticket now. They're bottom, we're going to get battered.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3238 on: March 01, 2019, 10:55:28 PM »
The one on the official twitter he goes on (yet again) about picking the bones out of it. He offers no deep insight into what went wrong, because he doesn't know. His tactics are school boy and he lacks a deep understanding of the game.

We do have the best squad in the league,
 but they are being mismanaged week in week out.

I actually regret buying my Ipswich ticket now. They're bottom, we're going to get battered.
You cannot seriously claim that you have just watched the best squad in the league!!! Not in green and yellow anyway. Stevie Wonder couldn't coach the best team in the league to play that bad.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3239 on: March 01, 2019, 10:57:25 PM »

We do have the best squad in the league, but they are being mismanaged week in week out.

utter garbage lacks a deep understanding of the game? So you have a better understanding do you? So why aren't you a coach? If you don't want to go against Ipswich sell your ticket or give it to someone who would love to go and support the club but can't afford it. And if you think we have the best squad in the league you and all the others who think that are seriously deluded.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3240 on: March 01, 2019, 10:58:43 PM »
I am now going to uposet a lot.
Although as we know he came from Handswoth (on our borders), didn't he support the vile lot from Witton?

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3241 on: March 01, 2019, 11:01:08 PM »
I am now going to uposet a lot.
Although as we know he came from Handswoth (on our borders), didn't he support the vile lot from Witton?
Who gives a pooh?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3242 on: March 01, 2019, 11:02:25 PM »
Just seen his interview on twitter to the official club page an some comments made to Matt Wilson from e and s. Utter garbage.

He's just a football equivalent of the 'Great Zoltar' machine from the film 'Big'. Regurgitating cliche after cliche from a selection of 15 pre-written phrases

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3243 on: March 01, 2019, 11:05:15 PM »
What do you want him to do? Come out and say I have no backing from the club and all our players are rubbish!!?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3244 on: March 01, 2019, 11:05:29 PM »
Just seen his interview on twitter to the official club page an some comments made to Matt Wilson from e and s. Utter garbage.

He's just a football equivalent of the 'Great Zoltar' machine from the film 'Big'. Regurgitating cliche after cliche from a selection of 15 pre-written phrases
ala Pulis

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3245 on: March 01, 2019, 11:05:38 PM »
Yes, it is. Moore's audition for the job was to play pretty defensive and dour football. Grinded out results against some big teams but the home games against Palace and Swansea (where the expectancy was to go and attack) showed that he can't set up a team to do that.

In the championship - where we are meant to be a big fish - that obviously wouldn't cut it as teams can sit back and stifle us. Hence we go and get Jones. That was generally the sentiment amongst fans at the time (who were receptive to it too) so I imagine it was upper managements consensus as well. The problem is seemingly we are stuck between two mindsets and thus mastering neither, and in Barnes we have lost the one player good enough to carry us through games regardless.
spot on mate, went to our first game against Bolton with an expectation of free flowing football from us but was shocked at what I saw, playing the ball out from back to three center halves who looked uncomfortable on the ball no movement in front of them so side ways passing and then long passes lumped forward to no one in particular. Role on 7 months and nothing seems to have changed.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3246 on: March 01, 2019, 11:07:58 PM »
What do you want him to do? Come out and say I have no backing from the club and all our players are rubbish!!?

No because he was backed. He's made some poor signings or at least approved them. I want him to do his job and take responsibility. I want him to develop half a footballing brain. The guys been in the game nearly all his life but you wouldn't believe it

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3247 on: March 01, 2019, 11:08:48 PM »

I simply want him to be honest in his assessment and admit he got the formation and tactics wrong. Unfortunately given that he provided similar comments after the Sheffield United game I don’t think he has the ability to change things.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3248 on: March 01, 2019, 11:09:07 PM »
utter garbage lacks a deep understanding of the game? So you have a better understanding do you? So why aren't you a coach? If you don't want to go against Ipswich sell your ticket or give it to someone who would love to go and support the club but can't afford it. And if you think we have the best squad in the league you and all the others who think that are seriously deluded.

I am a fully insured qualified member of the FA Coaches club and I do coach cheers mate.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3249 on: March 01, 2019, 11:11:53 PM »
I am a fully insured qualified member of the FA Coaches club and I do coach cheers mate.
Good for you so why not apply for Darren's job then you can see how easy it is  ;)