Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854434 times)

mig

• Youth Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3200 on: March 01, 2019, 09:14:34 PM »
Not getting more out of the dreadful Jay Rodriguez is hardly something to criticise Darren for. He's limped his way to 17 goals a combination of penalties/tap ins/deflections/keeper spills and handballs. The criticism for Moore if any is allowing the goals to gloss over a series of woeful performances from Jay.

I agree that Rodriguez really isn't that good but then surely Moore is at fault for picking him every week?

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3201 on: March 01, 2019, 09:21:04 PM »
So for the last few games we've seen the following:

Barry poor.
Midfield far too slow in all aspects.
Absolutely no link up between Rod and Gayle.
We've been poor offensively through the middle so you use 2 wingers.

None of this picked up by Moore and Jones.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3202 on: March 01, 2019, 09:39:50 PM »
It's time for Moore to address the glaringly obvious.

We need wingers on the pitch.

One of Rodriguez or Gayle has to be benched.

We need to go 4231.

Back 4 picks itself.

Then for me Barry and Livermore sitting.

An attacking 3 of Murphy one wing, Montero the other and Phillips in the middle. Gayle up top.

There's no balance, no power, no urgency, no drive and no fight in this team.

We thought QPR was a turning point, it just papered over the cracks.

I'm still behind Moore but not if he can't see the bleeding obvious for much longer.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3203 on: March 01, 2019, 09:40:15 PM »
He's crumbling when it matters. I'd like to see Jones out of the door before I write Moore off. The tail is wagging the dog imo.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3204 on: March 01, 2019, 09:43:27 PM »
Don't know whether it's Jones lead or not but we bottle every game against teams that work hard against us , same  mistakes every week which we can all see .
Time for a reboot , get ready for a play off charge and some big changes needed.
If he intends to limp on like this I expect him gone next season.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3205 on: March 01, 2019, 09:43:57 PM »
He's crumbling when it matters. I'd like to see Jones out of the door before I write Moore off. The tail is wagging the dog imo.

Jones is indeed the man that makes the decisions, unfortunately without him Darren Moore would be absolutely clueless.

Let’s here what he has to say tonight, My guess Leeds are a fantastic side and we move on to the next game 😡
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3206 on: March 01, 2019, 09:45:24 PM »

Got to be honest I agree, Jones is not the man for me, Moore needs guidance from someone with number 1 experience not a number 2 who was a part of a poor Wigan set-up

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3207 on: March 01, 2019, 09:45:28 PM »
One point from a fortunate penalty against forest boro sheff and Leeds tells its own story so naive on many fronts . Thanks for bringing a bit of unity but dreadfully naive the pair of them.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3208 on: March 01, 2019, 09:46:19 PM »
Jones is indeed the man that makes the decisions, unfortunately without him Darren Moore would be absolutely clueless.

Let’s here what he has to say tonight, My guess Leeds are a fantastic side and we move on to the next game 😡

It's time he came out and took the blame for a loss. Not only that but not changing things now for 180 minutes of dross against two teams above us.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3209 on: March 01, 2019, 09:48:58 PM »

He was far from clueless against Liverpool,  Manchester United, Spurs and Newcastle. This Martinez crony is now our biggest issue.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3210 on: March 01, 2019, 09:51:58 PM »
It's time for Moore to address the glaringly obvious.

We need wingers on the pitch.

One of Rodriguez or Gayle has to be benched.

We need to go 4231.

Back 4 picks itself.

Then for me Barry and Livermore sitting.

An attacking 3 of Murphy one wing, Montero the other and Phillips in the middle. Gayle up top.

There's no balance, no power, no urgency, no drive and no fight in this team.

We thought QPR was a turning point, it just papered over the cracks.

I'm still behind Moore but not if he can't see the bleeding obvious for much longer.

Just going to quote myself and say i had gone a bit made when i wrote the part in bold. I have no idea who the sitting two should be.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3211 on: March 01, 2019, 09:52:21 PM »
Player's were poor tonight front three were anonymous midfield were so slow and back four were car crash waiting to happen. Having said that Moore and Jones have a lot to figure out if they hope to stay in play offs

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3212 on: March 01, 2019, 09:52:46 PM »
He plays too many out of position.
ala Pulis his teacher.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3213 on: March 01, 2019, 09:53:33 PM »
We've got results in spite of many poor performances all season but we're being picked apart by far more organised and energised teams at the moment.

Can't see that Darren will turn this around enough . He seems to have little clue at the moment and the players look lost.

The one basic requirememt should be oganisation and we don't have that - another few games like this and Darren is in big trouble.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3214 on: March 01, 2019, 09:54:02 PM »

He was far from clueless against Liverpool,  Manchester United, Spurs and Newcastle. This Martinez crony is now our biggest issue.

It could be argued Pardew wasn’t clueless at Newcastle with some of the results he achieved there, doesn’t make him a good manager though.

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3215 on: March 01, 2019, 09:54:06 PM »

If you belive that then we have a manager who can’t make his own decisions and is being bullied in to tactics by the number 2 he chose, which is just as bad as being an awful manager

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3216 on: March 01, 2019, 09:56:49 PM »
Since Barnes left, it's clearly that we lack pace on the front and Gayle is ineffective at left wing.
It seems that Moore still doesn't notice that up to now.
We still have a chance in the play-offs if we can fix the problems quickly, Murphy and Montero would be useful.
But the most important thing is Moore willing to make changes.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 10:03:55 PM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3217 on: March 01, 2019, 10:06:07 PM »
Where exactly is the evidence that Jones suddenly is running the show? We don't play anything like the exciting and dynamic Belgium team he coached, nor Martinez's Everton (aside from the defensive deficiencies) so I feel the guy is becoming a bit of a scapegoat. And regardless it was Moore's decision to bring Jones in so I doubt one will go before the other.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3218 on: March 01, 2019, 10:06:46 PM »
The bloke looks frightened at the moment between his own principles and those of Jones. The pattern play looks severely disjointed because the midfield nor current formation suits us

Moore should be criticised for hanging Tosin out to dry. Such poor judgement and player management skills.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3219 on: March 01, 2019, 10:08:17 PM »
Even Keith Andrews who has seen us a handful of times wonders why Darren didn’t adapt to it! Everyone can see it

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3220 on: March 01, 2019, 10:09:25 PM »
Even Keith Andrews who has seen us a handful of times wonders why Darren didn’t adapt to it! Everyone can see it

What did they say?

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3221 on: March 01, 2019, 10:10:22 PM »

Keith Andrews has been pretty much spot on in his analysis of our games this season.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3222 on: March 01, 2019, 10:11:38 PM »
I agree Jacko, unfortunately we will probably never know but i would be keen to know how much influence Jones has.

If (a) he is pulling the strings and has done nothing to rectify a shocking run of results and performances the past month has produced then i would ask if he is the right man for us. On the flip side (b) if he is pointing things out and being ignored then i would think his professional pride would look to leave. I have a feeling it is option A as i cant help but think if he was disillusioned he would of gone to Luton or elsewhere.

As for Big Dave, he made a choice at the start of the season to give the players who let the club down last season and got 2 managers sacked another chance and that will possible be his downfall.

I think he has done a decent job, i thought we would be around the playoffs around now but its the manner of things which is a worry. I said at the start of the season with all the turmoil at the club i was hoping we would be mid table to top half then second half of the season kick ontowards the playoffs. Instead of kicking on we seem to be getting worse and its not just the results, its the tactics, setup and performances which have got me having doubts about Moore.

I dont want him sacked but the last month cant be masked over, we have lost to Middlesbrough, Sheffield United and Leeds and cheated a draw vs Forest, in all those games but the last two inparticular we have offered no attacking threat and i cannot any keeper having saves to make, our strength was our attacking play but we have lost that, it does seem Barnes was more important than we all thought but you cant cry over it, he isnt coming back, we dont have a like for like replacement so we have to try something different, however we are not doing that and thats what worries me about Moore.

I find it hard to believe Moore and the coaches really thought that Leeds would play the same again after we battered them 4-1 yet since that day we have not changed our formation once and the stubborness / naivety / arrogance to do not do so is a concern.

I have said previous i am not bothered about going up as it will mean we get to see the back of these players and rebuild, at this stage i think Moore has enough credit and enough knowledge of the academy to be given the chance next season to do that, however i would imagine if we dont make the playoffs he will be gone.

Speaking of the players, they have to take a massive share of the blame, yet again in big games they have bottled it, thats why i dont blame Moore as much because over the past few seasons a number of these players whether under Pulis, Pardew and now Moore have failed to produce when the pressure is on.

A lot of them are living on past reputations, england internationals, established premier league players, etc, etc thats why on paper opposition fans and a number of our own fans says we should be doing better with the squad we have, maybe they are right to an extent but our squad is strong on paper.

As we witnessed numerous times last season, these players just arent that good, if they were they wouldnt of finished bottom of the premier league, they made it look more respectable when the pressure was off at the end of the season, when it really counted they bottled it and we could easily of finished one of the worst premier league teams ever (thats not to take away credit from Moore who managed to wake them up at the end of last season)

Last season wasnt bad luck, it was combination of things, one key one being the players were no longer as good and living on past glories, fortunately judging by how other clubs look at them and the media talk, should we not go up, those past glories might con some other teams into buying them off us.

Its okay snatching a late win at QPR and the players spouting off how we are as one, what a team, we all love each other, etc the reality is yet again when big games happen, we dont turn up and its happened too often to just be bad luck or bad form, there is a culture that has been at this club for years and i for one do not want the play offs as i have no doubt in the big games we will bottle it.

I am sure we will plunder through to the end of the season and be flat track bullys again and probably make the playoffs but these players have shown in the last month that as the 'business end' of the season approaches, when the pressure is on, they are not up to it and unfortunately Darren Moore may well be the one who suffers at the end of the season.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3223 on: March 01, 2019, 10:12:16 PM »
Did DM give a post match interview in Sky, I switched off. If so what did he say?

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3224 on: March 01, 2019, 10:12:26 PM »
The bloke looks frightened at the moment between his own principles and those of Jones. The pattern play looks severely disjointed because the midfield nor current formation suits us

Moore should be criticised for hanging Tosin out to dry. Such poor judgement and player management skills.

This is much more likely the case than the idea that Jones is solely to blame for everything.

I think Moore is mostly restricting Jones's attacking style, but then compromising by allowing the team to play out from the back which causes us problems. Right now the football is neither solid defensively nor threatening going forward.