Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854482 times)

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3000 on: February 14, 2019, 10:31:55 AM »
If we are realistic we are all hoping for a top two finish but results and experience of performance dictate that this is unlikely. We are coming slightly adrift of the top 2 who keep grinding out results (apart from Norwich last night) and where teams seemed to be scared of us earlier in the season, they don't appear to be now.
Yes Forest wasted time. played defensively and generally ran the game down, it has to be said we gifted them 2 goals and had little idea of how to break them down even though they weren't that good - just organised. Sadly they won't be the only team to try and do that against us and we now present as a one trick pony that can't change its ways. Compete against that and you've got a chance is what other teams are thinking. We need a serious re think about strategy and playing to our strengths. We have failed to impose ourselves on opposition too many times recently and we will eventually run out of games. Sorry this sounds a bit doom and gloom it's just how I see it.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3001 on: February 14, 2019, 11:23:48 AM »
This division is average.  Bristol City have just won 7 on the bounce.

The only constant is us gifting goals to the opposition.  Yes it's playing out from the back but it's also a reluctance for the midfield to show for the ball. 

The other thing I have noticed is seems generally seem quicker than us but lack the technical quality.  We seem slower but have the technical ability.  We have lost the ability to quickly transition from midfield to attack with the loss of Barnes / Phillips.

I don't think we have been fluent recently with J Rod and Gayle, so if the latter gets banned, it might work in our favour with 1 up top and 2 genuine wingers in Montero and Murphy.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3002 on: February 14, 2019, 11:44:47 AM »
He has a mind set.
He is blind to the fact that his tactics have now been sussed.
He must consider plan B.....
Keep the ball higher up the field and stop messing around at the back.
Forget about tippy tappy passing at the back. Tell the players to move the ball up a hell of a lot quicker to stop the opposition funnelling back to defend their goal.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3003 on: February 14, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »
Albion fans under Pulis “the football is shocking, bored of this lump it long stuff”

Albion fans under Moore “why are we trying to play football, just revert to basics and not try to change a culture, to improve and move us forward”

Our fan base at times baffles me.

Ditto, its bemusing isn't it?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3004 on: February 14, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »
He has a mind set.
Forget about tippy tappy passing at the back. Tell the players to move the ball up a hell of a lot quicker to stop the opposition funnelling back to defend their goal.

Are you advocating a lump forward? A la Tony Pulis
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3005 on: February 14, 2019, 12:17:57 PM »
Are you advocating a lump forward? A la Tony Pulis

To our 5ft 8" striker...
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3006 on: February 14, 2019, 02:29:10 PM »
There is a halfway house between lumping it forward and Johnstone passing it to the edge of the box when there are three opposition players hanging around

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3007 on: February 14, 2019, 02:36:54 PM »
There is a halfway house between lumping it forward and Johnstone passing it to the edge of the box when there are three opposition players hanging around

Exactly. 1 thing is for sure,  It's better to lose possession in the middle of the park than on the edge of your own box.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3008 on: February 16, 2019, 01:54:26 PM »
Club are considering giving Darren a new deal, which I think Is daft at this moment in time. Do that business in summer with less distractions. Moore's position could be strengthened if he brings us up so I'd be surprised if he signed new deal now anyone know what his current status is with regards to contract?

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3009 on: February 16, 2019, 04:28:11 PM »
"There's only one big dave" rings away away

Shows how far away he is from being under pressure.

If we hold on then we've got 7 points out of boro, stoke, forest & villa which isn't the end of the world

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3010 on: February 16, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »
He’s doing well for me and that doesn’t change when we lose a match. Mistakes? Yes of course but for his first ever job he’s doing great for me.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3011 on: February 16, 2019, 05:33:46 PM »
4 away clean sheets in a row. Last time we did that Darren stared in them.

He's earnt to see the season through

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3012 on: February 16, 2019, 05:46:56 PM »
4 away clean sheets in a row. Last time we did that Darren stared in them.

He's earnt to see the season through

Very true!. Needs to be given time to stamp his mark on this team.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3013 on: February 16, 2019, 05:48:53 PM »
Won today without Gayle and Phillips. He makes mistakes and gets criticized when we lose / draw. When we win we should give him credit. The comments aimed at him are about game management / tactics and substitutions....today he got all of them right. Ironically in alot of the games against the "bigger teams" he has done well, we beat Leeds, Norwich and Sheff Utd.
For someone who is "inexperienced" and "tactically naive" he put one over on the manager we should have appointed who was more experienced and would have done better than Moore ;)

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3014 on: February 16, 2019, 06:26:17 PM »
Fair play to Darren Moore.  I think Gayle’s ban actually helped us today.  Since we lost Barnes I just don’t think we’ve been as threatening with J Rod and Gayle together.  Personally I think we look better with 1 front man and 2 out and out wingers.  To date J Rod hasn’t been dropped at all for league games.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3015 on: February 16, 2019, 07:37:50 PM »
Superb again today.

Away from home we are a force.

Wonder if Zippy still hates Big Dave.

Boing Boing

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3016 on: February 16, 2019, 07:51:27 PM »
Superb again today.

Away from home we are a force.

Wonder if Zippy still hates Big Dave.

Boing Boing
And there in is the problem
I don't hate him, never have...I want him to succeeed because then wba succeed , the fact that you have to be seen to hate him if giving an opinion needs addressing
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3017 on: February 16, 2019, 08:23:58 PM »
John Percy Twitter Account

“Darren Moore doing a brilliant job at West Brom. Always felt there’s been a sense that the squad is so good he’s not had to do much, which is balls IMO. Hugely under-rated work so far #wba”

That from a reliable jurno, who knows a bit about football
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3018 on: February 16, 2019, 08:33:48 PM »
He suffers a little I think because of how well we've done in previous years in the championship after relegation, which isn't really representative of the difficulties most relegated teams find in this league, particularly those who've been out the championship for a long time and aren't used to it. Most relegated teams do not get promoted after relegation, or even make the play offs.

Stoke are a good example of how difficult it can be, they spent 60m - if you looked down the list signing what appear to be very good championship players, retained most their squad from last season, got a highly rated experienced championship manager in......and they've completely tanked this season. So they went for the highly rated league one manager.....and they've got worse.

Do not underestimate how difficult turning the mentality of a team that's had to just aim for 40 points a season to a team that wins promotion is. Far more experienced managers than Moore have tried and failed at that.

The circumstances of this season were hardly ideal either, no background structure in place behind him at the season start, no scouting system, no assistant manager.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3019 on: February 16, 2019, 09:43:43 PM »
Hands up all those who were adamant that Dean Smith was going to be our saviour.
After that lesson today, I think we'll take Big Dave over Mr Smith all day long, thank you.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3020 on: February 16, 2019, 11:24:31 PM »
One of his best managerial performances today, got the in-game management spot on, credit where it is due.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3021 on: February 16, 2019, 11:32:34 PM »
Only a few comments in here tonight that’s it. Imagine the amount of posts if we had lost

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3022 on: February 17, 2019, 03:18:44 AM »
He has a mind set.

You seem to be advocating ‘hoof ball’, the one thing you constantly criticise us for during the in game chat!! Make your mind up!

Smith didn’t ‘suss’ us yesterday😁
MAGA!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3023 on: February 17, 2019, 06:56:43 AM »
Only a few comments in here tonight that’s it. Imagine the amount of posts if we had lost

A dissenting voice is always the loudest that's human nature I'm afraid.

Moore is doing a great job and he managed yesterday just about perfectly.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3024 on: February 17, 2019, 07:06:25 AM »
Huge win for the big man. Utilised his bench and squad will considering who was unavailable. Biggest win v villa for many years and that shouldn't be forgotten. Keep it up big man
O Albion we love you