Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854486 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2825 on: February 05, 2019, 04:46:03 PM »
Yowm bloody soft yow am !   ;)

Ar, ay it  ;D  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2826 on: February 05, 2019, 06:42:10 PM »
Why do we have to split in to two groups Pro and anti Moore? Why don't we all get behind him and praise and criticise where neccesary?

There are far too many on this forum who get entrenched into their views they cannot recognise the differing opinion of another. They get that far entrenched that in staunch devotion to their opinion they either over criticise or over praise. This and the Chris Brunt threads being classic examples.

It's boring to be honest.

Lets praise Moore where he has done well (and there is lots) and criticise where he hasn't or can improve further.

Simple as that.

No need for petty groups where both fiercely air their opinions to mug of the opposing side from 5pm onwards every friggin' Saturday.

Totally agree, some of the nonsense on both threads beggars belief.

Get behind all the lads, if you perceive constructive critiscism then post it, preferably in a respectful manner to both the Albion man and fellow posters.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2827 on: February 05, 2019, 06:47:19 PM »
If mourinho was our manager we would all give him a year for him to bed in etc wouldn't we?
But we've got our own Big Dave who needs the same at least, he's doing well and don't forget he's a coach and he's trying to change the club philosophy ,whatever that means,but he's got my full support.
I look at the number of actual defeats he's had including the six games in charge in the prem,I imagine its pdg.

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2828 on: February 05, 2019, 08:41:15 PM »
7 points from 15 so far in 2019.  12 points from 18 in December suggests we miss Barnes but have not adapted to life without him. There will have to be an improvement if we are to get an automatic promotion spot. Pressure is on Moore now to be back at 2 points from every game on average.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2829 on: February 05, 2019, 08:49:16 PM »
West Brom's injury, yellow and red card list - absentees and potential return dates

What Darren May have to contend with selecting his strongest team

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-injuries-suspensions-championship-14254394
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2830 on: February 05, 2019, 08:51:04 PM »
7 points from 15 so far in 2019.  12 points from 18 in December suggests we miss Barnes but have not adapted to life without him. There will have to be an improvement if we are to get an automatic promotion spot. Pressure is on Moore now to be back at 2 points from every game on average.

You have to consider the opposition too. Norwich and Boro are much sterner tests than anything in December. Let's get the loanees integrated into the group and push on, Stoke are on their knees under this new head coach, we can start the run there.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2831 on: February 05, 2019, 09:10:58 PM »

We have only played 3 league games since Barnes left. Phillips has also missed all of those, and we feel his absence at least as much as Barnes, more so in my view. As already mentioned, two of those three matches were against tougher opposition in Norwich and Middlesbrough and goals haven't really been our issue in those 3 games either.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2832 on: February 05, 2019, 09:15:27 PM »
Well, that's the least I deserve considering the hell he put me through  :D ;D :D
if only hell auto-corrected to hole ❤️🏳️‍🌈
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2833 on: February 06, 2019, 11:13:59 AM »
Seems to be the way of the world right now....you have to be in one group or another, if you are in one group you have to continue with your view or you are kicked out of said group and into some kind of purgatory

Im very centrist in most things, happy to hear opinions, happy to debate, happy to criticise, happy to heap praise...all where its due

Exactly this!   Added to this is the fact that everything has to be right here, right now.   Its why we live in this ridiculous time when the average tenure of a manager in the professional game in England is just 1.23 years - with the Championship the hardest league in which to keep your job.  Don't think its a coincidence that Norwich, Sheff Utd and Bristol City have bucked this trend although.

The simple fact is that DM is an inexperienced Head Coach in his first managerial job and there will be errors repeated whilst he find his way. I have also walked out of the ground disappointed on a number of occasions grumbling; why Brunty in the middle of the park, why Bartley on the left of a three, why the reliance on the flawed genius of HRK, why the late subs when we could see it needed a change, why the disappearance of Edwards after that superb cameo etc

But guess what, I'm still a fan of Darren Moore. The difference from last season is that by Monday i am feeling optimistic again and ready to go.  He has served up some fantastic football at times, and totally changed the playing style from defense first to attack and the club just feels healthier for his presence. 

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2834 on: February 06, 2019, 12:44:39 PM »
If mourinho was our manager we would all give him a year for him to bed in etc wouldn't we?
But we've got our own Big Dave who needs the same at least, he's doing well and don't forget he's a coach and he's trying to change the club philosophy ,whatever that means,but he's got my full support.
I look at the number of actual defeats he's had including the six games in charge in the prem,I imagine its pdg.

Mourinho wouldn't get a year to bed in because of the demands of the club; demands which Moore is facing. The club needs the financial boost that comes with being in the Premier League, and we need to get back - that demand would be the same no matter who is in charge, or how long they'd been in charge for.

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2835 on: February 06, 2019, 03:09:44 PM »
I think it’s the fear that this is our best chance of promotion and we are at the mercy of how fast he can learn, or if he can learn. I like his style of play, it’s good to watch, but ultimately he also needs to adapt to injuries or loosing a player like Barnes.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2836 on: February 06, 2019, 04:00:30 PM »
Mourinho wouldn't get a year to bed in because of the demands of the club; demands which Moore is facing. The club needs the financial boost that comes with being in the Premier League, and we need to get back - that demand would be the same no matter who is in charge, or how long they'd been in charge for.

I think it's the demand of some fans who clearly don't want him.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2837 on: February 06, 2019, 04:32:43 PM »
In the circumstances following Pulis Pardew,who do people on here who didn't want Dave ,think who could do better than he has,keeping the majority of the squad,4 the in league possible 5th round of cup.
Who I ask the complainers of Dave do or did they suggest?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2838 on: February 06, 2019, 06:21:54 PM »
Matt Wilson Twitter Account

In his @WBAFCProgramme notes, Moore says #wba are "implementing a new DNA and cannot have our heads turned" by set-backs like Saturday. "If performance levels continue to be high, then the results will come too... The important thing is to keeping believing."

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2839 on: February 06, 2019, 10:32:30 PM »
unless Dawson was injured tonight,using 4 subs with 30 mins to go cost us,together with Bartley being selected to play at all

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2840 on: February 06, 2019, 10:34:49 PM »
Was Moore just taking the pee tonight with those substitions?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2841 on: February 06, 2019, 10:37:52 PM »
I've no real complaints, he didn't want to go through. Job done.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2842 on: February 06, 2019, 10:38:33 PM »
I think it's the demand of some fans who clearly don't want him.
Is that because they notice the problem s he seems ignorant towards?
I genuinely don't think there are many at all thatdont want him to succeed, in fact I'd say he would probably be the most popular manager of modern times....if the obvious was addressed
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2843 on: February 06, 2019, 10:38:52 PM »

Didn't want to go through so took it to a replay and extra time. Genius.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2844 on: February 06, 2019, 11:12:42 PM »
I'm proud of our team tonight,hrk the kids and sub's,hard luck but tried hard looking good for our future.
Good on you too Dave for trying it out.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2845 on: February 06, 2019, 11:19:30 PM »

I don't think this is true for a second, but any pro who doesn't want to win shouldn't be in employment.

I think DM wanted to give the kids a run out, but he shouldn't have had so much inexperience on the field at the same time. We were pretty much left with age and youth, with very little solid players to keep it steady.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2846 on: February 06, 2019, 11:22:32 PM »
I don't think this is true for a second, but any pro who doesn't want to win shouldn't be in employment.

I think DM wanted to give the kids a run out, but he shouldn't have had so much inexperience on the field at the same time. We were pretty much left with age and youth, with very little solid players to keep it steady.

As I said in a post that seems to have been deleted he wouldn't have minded winning, but he clearly didn't set out to win the game. His substitutions make this obvious surely? 210 minutes of Gayle on the bench 7 subs used, he's not one of them.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2847 on: February 06, 2019, 11:27:04 PM »
Really mad that mistakes and a blatant red card have cost us a decent chance of getting to Wembley for a semi final. The prat in the black should have sent of their player in first half, central defenders particularly Bartley cost us with mistakes and not great play from them.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2848 on: February 06, 2019, 11:41:41 PM »

As I said in a post that seems to have been deleted he wouldn't have minded winning, but he clearly didn't set out to win the game. His substitutions make this obvious surely? 210 minutes of Gayle on the bench 7 subs used, he's not one of them.

I think it’s clear to all that he had no desire to win the tie. He could have easily brought Gayle on, or generally picked a stronger side, in the original tie as we had a whole week before the Boro game yet he opted not to. If we lose to Stoke following it having lost to Boro then even his staunchest of fans must surely be asking questions.

I like to think I am relatively young still (30’s) but I am still a fan of the FA Cup, so to see us treat the competition with such little respect was disappointing for me.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2849 on: February 06, 2019, 11:43:12 PM »
No need to involve Dawson tonight. Thought he looked as though he picked up an injury on Saturday, and I was staggered to see him warming up tonight.
Now in danger of missing Saturday.

Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride