Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854421 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2775 on: February 04, 2019, 03:31:48 PM »
He was under absolutely no pressure to bring Brunt on. You can't blame him for individual mistakes, but you can blame him for bringing on an ageing player in a position he has never looked comfortable in when there was no need to. Bar Jacko, would anyone on here have brought Brunt on at that moment in time? It should have been Montero and a shift to 4231. Even a not-quite-fit Johansen would have been a better option.

As for the Johnstone/Barry mistake, again not his direct fault, but why is he asking a goalkeeper with poor distribution to play as a sweeper keeper? He's no Neuer or Alisson, he's proven that consistently this season and been caught out doing it multiple times, anyone with an ounce of tactical nous would either stop the keeper playing it out with his feet or change to a different keeper.

Johansen wasn't in the match day squad.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2776 on: February 04, 2019, 03:41:51 PM »
and the point of this is......

The point is that, you criticised anothers view, the other perfectly reasonably asked you for alternative views and you ignored the request, so
a) I sarcastically (I cant type "took the urine") responded on your behalf.
b) sarcastically I was trying to show that DM had his hands tied to a large degree, which will change as the new guys bed in (I hope).

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2777 on: February 04, 2019, 04:14:26 PM »

I know he wasn't. He should have been.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2778 on: February 04, 2019, 04:17:12 PM »
Sorry but who are these world beaters, we have at our disposal?
3 individual mistakes cost us on Saturday, which suggests the squad is not as good as some make out.

No one mentioned world beaters, this is the Championship - not the Champions league so world beaters are not required.

It wasn't individual errors either, it was bad management which cost us the game. Try playing the ball out from the back without the quality to do it and you will get punished which has happened several times this season already, one being against Derby too.
This could have been stopped if we weren't so stubborn on short passes from the back. I like this strategy but Johnstone should be allowed to hoof it every now and then.

The second goal was terrible defending/lack of closing down, by no means was it an individual error, it was a team error and should be worked on in training.

And the final goal was an individual error from Brunt but it begs the question why on earth was he even brought on, and how many points has he cost us this season?

On paper, our team is good enough for top 2. I have seen us play all teams this season, we have so much more quality than most...teams would kill for the likes of Gibbs, Dawson, Phillips, J-Rod, Gayle, Barnes, Barry and Holgate.

Even the likes of Adibayaro, Livermore, Hegazi, Johnstone, Harper etc would walk into most other teams.

hillsm

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2779 on: February 04, 2019, 06:17:38 PM »
I didn't want him to get the job in the summer as I didn't think he was up to the task.

I expected us to  have a season like how Stoke's is panning out, so in that respect we are exceeding my expectations, however, I think this is down to the quality we have in the squad that is pulling us through certain matches - Bolton for example, than anything DM is doing.

It's quite galling the number of mistakes that DM is making and how he continues to repeat them week after week. He offers no meaningful insight after matches, just spouts on about the need to learn from mistakes. Well 60% of the season has already passed, basic mistakes should not be happening at this stage. Granted we look a bit more solid defensively but still are nowhere near a side that you could be confident of grinding out the clean sheets or holding onto a narrow lead in the last fifteen minutes of a match.

I can see us making the play-offs; failing to go up; losing Rondon, Phillips, JRod, Dawson, Gibbs and Gayle in the summer; making a poor start to next season and then this experiment will be over come November time. The ramifications going forward though means we will probably be set back about a decade languishing in the second tier.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2780 on: February 04, 2019, 06:36:26 PM »
Cut out the petty digs: the "sunshine's", the "softys" or posts will be removed
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2781 on: February 04, 2019, 06:44:42 PM »
The point is that, you criticised anothers view, the other perfectly reasonably asked you for alternative views and you ignored the request, so
a) I sarcastically (I cant type "took the urine") responded on your behalf.
b) sarcastically I was trying to show that DM had his hands tied to a large degree, which will change as the new guys bed in (I hope).

I'm still waiting for a response to this

"With Sheff Utd above us because they are technically superior...…

No mate, we have consistently chucked games away for the record:

Bolton (H) 3 pts lost
Blackburn (H) 2 pts lost
Brentford (H) 2 pts lost
Sheff W (H) 2 pts lost
Blackburn (A) 1 pt lost
Norwich (H) 2 pts lost
'Boro (H) 3 pts lost

There you go 15pts straight away."

All true, but name me one team in this division that hasn’t done similar?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2782 on: February 04, 2019, 06:56:54 PM »

Bolton (H) 3 pts lost
Blackburn (H) 2 pts lost
Brentford (H) 2 pts lost
Sheff W (H) 2 pts lost
Blackburn (A) 1 pt lost
Norwich (H) 2 pts lost
'Boro (H) 3 pts lost

That may be true but we don't aspire to be like every other team.

The biggest problem we have is throwing away leads at home. When we are level or even behind in games we look totally different to when we go in front. When we lead the visual difference is clearly noticeable, we invite teams on to us and we go on the back foot. It's happened all season and the result is we more often than not end up conceding an equaliser - (worse at the weekend).

I don't know the reason for this whether it's meant to be tactical or it's a subconscious thing, but it has to stop. We've won something like 2 of the last 9 at home in the league. That's not good enough and most of that is us throwing away a lead in a game we've previously looked in control of. 

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2783 on: February 04, 2019, 07:02:42 PM »

That may be true but we don't aspire to be like every other team.

The biggest problem we have is throwing away leads at home. When we are level or even behind in games we look totally different to when we go in front. When we lead the visual difference is clearly noticeable, we invite teams on to us and we go on the back foot. It's happened all season and the result is we more often than not end up conceding an equaliser - (worse at the weekend).

I don't know the reason for this whether it's meant to be tactical or it's a subconscious thing, but it has to stop. We've won something like 2 of the last 9 at home in the league. That's not good enough and most of that is us throwing away a lead in a game we've previously looked in control of.

I wasn’t asking about aspirations, but comparitors of which there are a few in this league as it is a completion and my the question, regardless, is still a valid one.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2784 on: February 04, 2019, 07:06:01 PM »

Bolton (H) 3 pts lost
Blackburn (H) 2 pts lost
Brentford (H) 2 pts lost
Sheff W (H) 2 pts lost
Blackburn (A) 1 pt lost
Norwich (H) 2 pts lost
'Boro (H) 3 pts lost

Answer is no other team has wasted as many points as us.

The reason is technically we are the best team in the division.

Other teams scrap, battle, graft, work for their points because they don’t have as many match winners that can turn a game on its head.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2785 on: February 04, 2019, 07:13:49 PM »
Answer is no other team has wasted as many points as us.

The reason is technically we are the best team in the division.

Other teams scrap, battle, graft, work for their points because they don’t have as many match winners that can turn a game on its head.

You are still appear to be unwilling to answer question with specifics and it makes me wonder why?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2786 on: February 04, 2019, 07:20:45 PM »
You are still appear to be unwilling to answer question with specifics and it makes me wonder why?

I’ve answered your question and don’t need to engage further.  I’ve no idea why you feel a need to interrogate this further?  We’ve both got WBA passion that’s where the connection ends.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2787 on: February 04, 2019, 07:26:55 PM »
I’ve answered your question and don’t need to engage further.  I’ve no idea why you feel a need to interrogate this further?  We’ve both got WBA passion that’s where the connection ends.

It appears that you make statements but, when challengedare, are unable to justify your position, which would suggest you have a weak argument and then resort to personal distractions.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2788 on: February 04, 2019, 07:44:32 PM »
It appears that you make statements but, when challengedare, are unable to justify your position, which would suggest you have a weak argument and then resort to personal distractions.

Dear or dear this is hard work.

Interrogate the other Moore detractors and there are many of them......

For the record you never answered my question on whether you gave blanket support to Pardew or got on his back early like most others?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2789 on: February 04, 2019, 07:46:18 PM »
Dear or dear this is hard work.

Interrogate the other Moore detractors and there are many of them......

For the record you never answered my question on whether you gave blanket support to Pardew or got on his back early like most others?

I take it you have no support for your previous assertions, I’m not surprised as there aren’t any
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2790 on: February 04, 2019, 07:52:24 PM »
I take it you have no support for your previous assertions, I’m not surprised as there aren’t any

You talk in riddles and clearly don’t like to be challenged.  All because I hold a different opinion to you.  You still don’t answer the question.  I’m not prepared to waste any more time with you, so if you don’t mind I will leave it there........

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2791 on: February 04, 2019, 08:08:22 PM »
You talk in riddles and clearly don’t like to be challenged.  All because I hold a different opinion to you.  You still don’t answer the question.  I’m not prepared to waste any more time with you, so if you don’t mind I will leave it there........

An observation, this is a forum where there are many differing views, beliefs, and opinions, as a result we all receive, understandably, many challenges to justify and support a statement, belief, point of view et al we make. But I do note from your posts a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure and hostility, it was never my intention to provoke any of those within you but to discuss, debate and challenge, I have no issue with you feeling you can no longer engage with me and wish you all the very best for the future.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2792 on: February 04, 2019, 08:27:16 PM »
An observation, this is a forum where there are many differing views, beliefs, and opinions, as a result we all receive, understandably, many challenges to justify and support a statement, belief, point of view et al we make. But I do note from your posts a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure and hostility, it was never my intention to provoke any of those within you but to discuss, debate and challenge, I have no issue with you feeling you can no longer engage with me and wish you all the very best for the future.

For the record it is disappointing my views were construed in this way.  I don't hold grudges against anyone.  I'm sure you are a very decent person.  I wish you many years of health, happiness and Hawthorns visits.  Regards.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2793 on: February 04, 2019, 09:30:15 PM »
what are you talking about?????? 

you softy.....

all I have done is have a reasoned debate, there was no abuse (banning orders for inappropriate behaviour anyway).

What alternative views, what does this actually mean?

I stated my preferred team so provided an answer?

MOORE - Hands tied?  In what way?  We have a larger squad than any other in the division!

Where was Darren Moore at CB in your best all-time 11?

sorry for the delay responding, was working and all that, anyway,

1. Softy ??        I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves.
2. reasoned debate !        not reasoned and hardly a debate more of an argument,
3. Alternative views?       do you really need an explanation for those 2 words ?
4. Stated team,         fair play, I missed that post, my apologies, actually I withdraw my apologies, it may be construed as being soft.
5. Moore hands tied,       No Right back, injuries, weak bench, suspension of Livermore, new lads not upto speed ......
6. Darren Moore best all time team ?      I loved the guy as a baggies player but you were discussing his managerial ability so its totally irrelevant you asking this question

If you had said this argument is none of my business then fair enough, as i was sticking my oar in, where it clearly wasn't wanted.

Don't bother responding as we won't ever agree, At this point in time I back DM, you don't,  end of !

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2794 on: February 04, 2019, 09:41:05 PM »
And do you know why?
On WM afterwards Moore said"new players can't come in to the match day squad straightaway, they have to spend time with the players and staff first and get to know them"
Not only concerned that this is like an FA version of grinder, but totally weird considering the last four signings
Holgate straight in starting
Murphy straight on bench came on
Montero straight on bench
Johansen......currently shaking hands with each player at the training ground and learning their tastes in music
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2795 on: February 04, 2019, 09:42:20 PM »
sorry for the delay responding, was working and all that, anyway,

1. Softy ??        I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves.
2. reasoned debate !        not reasoned and hardly a debate more of an argument,
3. Alternative views?       do you really need an explanation for those 2 words ?
4. Stated team,         fair play, I missed that post, my apologies, actually I withdraw my apologies, it may be construed as being soft.
5. Moore hands tied,       No Right back, injuries, weak bench, suspension of Livermore, new lads not upto speed ......
6. Darren Moore best all time team ?      I loved the guy as a baggies player but you were discussing his managerial ability so its totally irrelevant you asking this question

If you had said this argument is none of my business then fair enough, as i was sticking my oar in, where it clearly wasn't wanted.

Don't bother responding as we won't ever agree, At this point in time I back DM, you don't,  end of !

Debate closed.

All the best and Kind Regards.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2796 on: February 04, 2019, 10:17:09 PM »
Well I thought this friendly chat was over at 2.15 this afternoon...how wrong was I!  ;D

Amazing what happens when 'dark arts' wins the day

We will be bringing the political thread back next :)
MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2797 on: February 04, 2019, 10:25:22 PM »
And do you know why?
On WM afterwards Moore said"new players can't come in to the match day squad straightaway, they have to spend time with the players and staff first and get to know them"
Not only concerned that this is like an FA version of grinder, but totally weird considering the last four signings
Holgate straight in starting
Murphy straight on bench came on
Montero straight on bench
Johansen......currently shaking hands with each player at the training ground and learning their tastes in music

Tosin
Gayle
Holgate       = 5 allowed loan players
Murphy
Montero

Johansen couldn't make the squad with Tosin in it
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2798 on: February 04, 2019, 10:26:17 PM »

Tosin
Gayle
Holgate       = 5 allowed loan players
Murphy
Montero

Johansen couldn't make the squad with Tosin in it

To be fair what zippy has posted regarding Johansen is what Darren Moore said on WM after the game
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2799 on: February 04, 2019, 10:31:04 PM »

Did you just break up with him? This bromance is killing me. As you were...