Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854419 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2650 on: February 02, 2019, 06:28:36 PM »
Easy to say after the event though ? , I thought he did the right thing with Field and Harper .
The back 4 picks itself , up until Today Johnstone was doing enough .
Murphy too much of a risk to start so agree on that , Brunt and Livermore on the bench agree with that .
H.R.K was a mistake to sub and I'm not keen on Gayle out wide/cutting in but then again Jrod scores again and maybe got a touch on the 2nd .

I agree with Fritzi, it's ridiculous having Gayle on the left wing and I've been moaning about that since we started doing it. Credit to Gayle for still contributing but it's not getting the best out of our best striker. At 2-2 today with 10 minutes left the obvious sub for Field was Montero to scare them with his pace not Brunt who is prone to giving free kicks away, floating crosses to their keeper and giving the ball away in possession. Montero would have been the obvious and attacking move. Instead we had Brunt on who within seconds got himself deep into his own box (where he wasn't needed) who gifted Boro a goal with a lazy air-kick. No idea why Livermore replaced Barry either, I don't recall him doing anything of note. He's an inferior footballer to Barry in every department and Barry didn't seem too knackered not to see out the holding role.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2651 on: February 02, 2019, 06:28:57 PM »
and you don't have the confidence to say what you think

Hahaha, game set and match, I rest my case  :D :D :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2652 on: February 02, 2019, 06:30:52 PM »
I agree with Fritzi, it's ridiculous having Gayle on the left wing and I've been moaning about that since we started doing it. Credit to Gayle for still contributing but it's not getting the best out of our best striker. At 2-2 today with 10 minutes left the obvious sub for Field was Montero to scare them with his pace not Brunt who is prone to giving free kicks away, floating crosses to their keeper and giving the ball away in possession. Montero would have been the obvious and attacking move. Instead we had Brunt on who within seconds got himself deep into his own box (where he wasn't needed) who gifted Boro a goal with a lazy air-kick. No idea why Livermore replaced Barry either, I don't recall him doing anything of note. He's an inferior footballer to Barry in every department and Barry didn't seem too knackered not to see out the holding role.
Again I'll point out you don't leave two in the middle against Pulis , especially if one is the lumbersome Livermore . Pulis would have had 4 in the middle before Field sat down.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2653 on: February 02, 2019, 06:32:43 PM »
I see a lot of your posts day in day out thanks ;D 5-0 Albion.

Redemption after years of putting up with that cretin both during his time with Stoke and when he was in charge here.

this one......

Foolish me was optimistic that the manager was capable of picking the right team.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2654 on: February 02, 2019, 06:34:38 PM »
Hahaha, game set and match, I rest my case  :D :D :D

You sound a bit strange to me. 

Yes we share the same footabll team, the similarity ends there.

Cheerio.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2655 on: February 02, 2019, 06:34:58 PM »
Foolish me was optimistic that the manager was capable of picking the right team.
;D , forgive me Fritzl . I was pulling your leg on a bad night against the capped one.
Your other post did say about being bullied , in fairness that didn't happen .

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2656 on: February 02, 2019, 06:35:18 PM »
Some embarrassing posts on here. Hindsight used in some of these posts isn’t power or wisdom, it’s an embarrassing smugness and used to reinforce whatever pathetic agenda they have against Moore.

I’m proud to have him as our Manager and delighted with the job he is doing. He’s not the first Albion manager to be beaten by Pulis and had his experienced players not made mistakes we’d have won

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2657 on: February 02, 2019, 06:40:01 PM »
Again I'll point out you don't leave two in the middle against Pulis , especially if one is the lumbersome Livermore . Pulis would have had 4 in the middle before Field sat down.

When Assombalonga came on Boro changed their formation and went to a 442 so there was no need whatsoever to have Barry, Livermore and Harper in midfield against them. Plus Brunt is more of a liability than an asset in midfield anyway. I also agree that Livermore is clumbersome but Moore choose to bring him on for Barry who is clearly our best and most consistent central midfielder. Boro were at their most vulnerable defensively and  Montero down the left could have capitalised on their tired legs, especially with Gayle given 10 minutes in the middle.

I like Moore but he got his game management and subs all wrong today and the clanger from Brunt wasn't out of keeping with him this season, you didn't need to be mystic meg to realise him and Livermore had potential to backfire.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2658 on: February 02, 2019, 06:42:08 PM »
Some embarrassing posts on here. Hindsight used in some of these posts isn’t power or wisdom, it’s an embarrassing smugness and used to reinforce whatever pathetic agenda they have against Moore.

I’m proud to have him as our Manager and delighted with the job he is doing. He’s not the first Albion manager to be beaten by Pulis and had his experienced players not made mistakes we’d have won

There's no agenda against Moore. Fans are rightfully starting to get p****d off that he's leading the best squad in the league to almost having no chance of making the automatics. By making the same mistakes over and over, and they are mistakes that the majority of us can see yet he somehow can't.

I'd be a bit more worried by your own undying loyalty to an underperforming head coach who can seemingly do no wrong, if I were you.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2659 on: February 02, 2019, 06:45:23 PM »
When Assombalonga came on Boro changed their formation and went to a 442 so there was no need whatsoever to have Barry, Livermore and Harper in midfield against them. Plus Brunt is more of a liability than an asset in midfield anyway. I also agree that Livermore is clumbersome but Moore choose to bring him on for Barry who is clearly our best and most consistent central midfielder. Boro were at their most vulnerable defensively and  Montero down the left could have capitalised on their tired legs, especially with Gayle given 10 minutes in the middle.

I like Moore but he got his game management and subs all wrong today and the clanger from Brunt wasn't out of keeping with him this season, you didn't need to be mystic meg to realise him and Livermore had potential to backfire.
Hegazi / Dawson should have been enough to deal with lumps up to those front two to be fair , Barry for my money was well off the pace most of the game so I understand the sub .
Montero would most likely have been as effective as Murphy due to Hegazi /Dawson and Gibbs lumping it forward to nobody when Moore took HRK off . That for me was Moore's mistake , at the very least he went early with it.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2660 on: February 02, 2019, 06:48:54 PM »
There's no agenda against Moore. Fans are rightfully starting to get p****d off that he's leading the best squad in the league to almost having no chance of making the automatics. By making the same mistakes over and over, and they are mistakes that the majority of us can see yet he somehow can't.

I'd be a bit more worried by your own undying loyalty to an underperforming head coach who can seemingly do no wrong, if I were you.

Well summed up and I'm 100% in agreement.  We have the BEST squad in this division bar none.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2661 on: February 02, 2019, 06:50:23 PM »

Errrr. Moore didn’t make the mistakes Barry and Brunt made.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2662 on: February 02, 2019, 06:52:10 PM »

And yes there is an agenda against him to the extent that people on this forum were having a go at him for sounding ‘simple’ in post match interviews. It’s become quite an unpleasant place.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2663 on: February 02, 2019, 06:55:40 PM »
Hegazi / Dawson should have been enough to deal with lumps up to those front two to be fair , Barry for my money was well off the pace most of the game so I understand the sub .
Montero would most likely have been as effective as Murphy due to Hegazi /Dawson and Gibbs lumping it forward to nobody when Moore took HRK off . That for me was Moore's mistake , at the very least he went early with it.

He didn't go early with it, he waited until the 74th minute - 20 minutes after Pulis made his first move and 10 minutes after the Assombalonga sub that changed the game. We'd already conceded the 2nd before Darren 'Reaction Man' Moore did anything.

I said to a mate after 62 mins when Hugill broke through for a shot that the midfield were knackered and Assombalonga would have a field day if Negative Pulis had the balls to bring him on. We scored on the next attack, and Moore ignored the obvious problem.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2664 on: February 02, 2019, 06:57:51 PM »
Well summed up and I'm 100% in agreement.  We have the BEST squad in this division bar none.

Since Thursday night we may have the best squad...Before that we didn't and who says we actually do? in terms of money spent on the squad this season we would be down the list..

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2665 on: February 02, 2019, 07:01:54 PM »
He didn't go early with it, he waited until the 74th minute - 20 minutes after Pulis made his first move and 10 minutes after the Assombalonga sub that changed the game. We'd already conceded the 2nd before Darren 'Reaction Man' Moore did anything.

I said to a mate after 62 mins when Hugill broke through for a shot that the midfield were knackered and Assombalonga would have a field day if Negative Pulis had the balls to bring him on. We scored on the next attack, and Moore ignored the obvious problem.
Early for me then , he was the centre point for a lot of our out balls (granted he hits the floor too much ) .
Apart from the goals the other forwards did little as daft as that sounds.
HRK was subbed then we conceded from memory.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2666 on: February 02, 2019, 07:03:12 PM »
This is the Darren Moore thread, aside from picking Field and Kanu ahead of Brunt and Murphy he got most things right today.

Can't keep defending him if he persists with this goalkeeper though.

Field over Brunt every day of the week, had a decentish game today, can pass and can tackle plus he is a natural centre midfielder unlike Brunt who is not and never will be one.

HRK had a good game today.

Moore is tactically naive at times today being one.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2667 on: February 02, 2019, 07:04:38 PM »
Cannot be held accountable for the pathetic mistakes of Johnstone/Barry and then Chris Brunts air shot

Hopefully with the new additions we’ll see HRK and Brunt resigned to the bench or reserves.

He has the resources now so there can be no excuses going forwards

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2668 on: February 02, 2019, 07:07:09 PM »
Field over Brunt every day of the week, had a decentish game today, can pass and can tackle plus he is a natural centre midfielder unlike Brunt who is not and never will be one.

I thought he had a pretty good first half while Harper was poor. Second half it reversed Harper got better and Field seemed to lose every one on one beit in the air or in the tackle.

HRK didn't deserve to be taken off today.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2669 on: February 02, 2019, 07:13:56 PM »
Since Thursday night we may have the best squad...Before that we didn't and who says we actually do? in terms of money spent on the squad this season we would be down the list..

Are you joking?  The Board have done absolutely everything to return us to the top flight.  How the hell are Sheff Utd in front of us?  No one has outplayed us.  The most impressive side was Villa who admittedly shaded us.  Even Derby was a 50-50 game in which we lost 1-4 which was evened up with the 4-1 v Leeds.  We are architechs of our own downfall, continually shooting ourselves in the foot.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2670 on: February 02, 2019, 07:16:00 PM »

I don't agree Field is as good as Brunt in central midfield. He was very weak today and is best kept in the under 23s imo.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2671 on: February 02, 2019, 07:16:06 PM »
Are you joking?  The Board have done absolutely everything to return us to the top flight.  How the hell are Sheff Utd in front of us?  No one has outplayed us.  The most impressive side was Villa who admittedly shaded us.  Even Derby was a 50-50 game in which we lost 1-4 which was evened up with the 4-1 v Leeds.  We are architechs of our own downfall, continually shooting ourselves in the foot.

Derby was a 50/50 game? Are you serious. They outplayed us in every sense.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2672 on: February 02, 2019, 07:20:47 PM »

I don't agree Field is as good as Brunt in central midfield. He was very weak today and is best kept in the under 23s imo.

Field is a natural central midfielder who you seem to have now put on your hit list, even last week you were possibly the only person not to give him any credit anywhere, Brunt has never been a central midfielder, he cannot tackle, his positioning is poor and due to a combination of both he gives away stupid free kicks in dangerous areas. Wide player who now should be used sparingly from the bench, the wand is no more.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2673 on: February 02, 2019, 07:21:37 PM »

A lot points dropped recently with self-inflicted mistakes. Selection of players picked out of loyalty not form. Naive tactical decisions and indecision from the bench. That is what is so frustrating. Moore has got a lot right but repeats his mistakes and is too slow to react. Bottom line is our home form is horrendous and with our team and squad we should be doing a lot better than we have been. Today was particularly difficult to accept.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2674 on: February 02, 2019, 07:22:40 PM »
Field is a natural central midfielder who you seem to have now put on your hit list, even last week you were possibly the only person not to give him any credit anywhere, Brunt has never been a central midfielder, he cannot tackle, his positioning is poor and due to a combination of both he gives away stupid free kicks in dangerous areas. Wide player who now should be used sparingly from the bench, the wand is no more.

Natural or not he's not as good as Brunt at it.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.