Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854385 times)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2425 on: December 29, 2018, 08:25:16 PM »
He hasn't yet learned that picking your mates does not work.
Brunt should take over the tea lady's role at the best.
Morrison needs to be rested for at least 4 matches at a time.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2426 on: December 30, 2018, 10:36:38 AM »
Never has been, never will be a centre midfielder, i've been banging the drum for over 9 years since it was first tried in a friendly at Coventry under RDM, didn't work then, hasn't worked in any game under any manager. Darren Moore has seen enough of those from the sideline yet even now persists with it when he has better and more natural options on the bench whether that be Hoolahan and Harper today or Field on other occasions. Shoehorning a bloke in for set-pieces which to be honest have dropped off massively in recent seasons are not a good enough reason.

He needs to start trusting the kids and realise this is a squad game not just a 14 man game. Its the only fault I have with Darren Moore (apart from the distaster that is Bartley), he needs to start trusting others. Field has done well in the Premier League in the midfield yet Moore has given him very little chance this season in that position. If he don't rate him or the others send them out on loan and stick a 16 year old on the bench to fill the role of the youngster we have to put in there.
As it happens, I totally agree with you. Brunt, Morrison and Bartley are not good enough and I would also be picking one of the kids over any of these 3 if any of our first team is injured or suspended. OK they might struggle a bit but proper playing time is the only way they will truly improve, My post was just trying to balance that of the previous poster who seemed to think that DM was doing a poor job, despite all the evidence pointing the other way.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 12:27:08 PM by timdon »

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2427 on: December 30, 2018, 12:03:13 PM »
After Edwards played so well (it was either reading or Blackburn) I would have thought
A he would be on the bench more
B he would be a natural replacement for Phillips if injured/rested

Yes we are third blah blah and yes most would have taken that blah blah , but we have a right to an opinion and mine I see that whilst Darren may be one of us , he is not utilising what he has to its maximum
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2428 on: December 30, 2018, 12:10:17 PM »
of the past 3 managers we've had i thought Moore would be the most likely to involve the younger players with him having spent a time coaching the youths with  James Shan. We had Field and Leko getting game time in the premiership and would naturally have thought they'd both develop into 1st team players but it seems they're careers have stalled. include Harper and Burke with those two and obvious they ain't going to get used much here, may aswel loan them out to get more experience.personally I think we've wasted what talent the academy has produced for a long time and makes we wonder if it's worth all the investment it gets.
we've got two ex academy players playing for league leaders Leeds as an example.
i wanted Darren to get the job not just for the final 6 games in prem but because of his association with our youth teams and players. Really disappointed in use of any of these players especially not giving them run outs when games are won. A club like ours, with this owner will not spend money on players so our best option is to develop these youngsters. If we get promoted it wouldn't surprise me to see the likes of Brunt, Morrison and Barry involved in our first team squad with a bunch of 30 plus freebies drafted in.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2429 on: December 30, 2018, 12:18:24 PM »
v Sheffield,a baffling starting line up,why not start with Barry and Phillips and kanu.ok Bartley in for Heigazi was a forced change,but the others,Barry gets better with more game time,so bring him off when we are winning,Sheffield were there for the taking,he should have rested players at Blackburn,were we probably aren't going to get anything,Sako looked lively first half though,we would walk this league with an experienced manager,virtually every other teams forum says this too

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2430 on: December 30, 2018, 12:21:39 PM »
Sako was awful.

The time to make changes was Rotherham or Wigan.

Nevertheless another point closer to the top two.

We should get ahead of Norwich in the next 2 games.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2431 on: December 30, 2018, 12:49:35 PM »
v Sheffield,a baffling starting line up,why not start with Barry and Phillips and kanu.ok Bartley in for Heigazi was a forced change,but the others,Barry gets better with more game time,so bring him off when we are winning,Sheffield were there for the taking,he should have rested players at Blackburn,were we probably aren't going to get anything,Sako looked lively first half though,we would walk this league with an experienced manager,virtually every other teams forum says this too

Why will we probably get nothing there?

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2432 on: December 30, 2018, 01:14:36 PM »
Randolf, Flint, Ayala, Fry - Boro’s defence and keeper on Boxing Day.  Dawson, Hegazi, Johnstone all play in that.

I have literally looked through all the starting line ups from Boxing Day. Stoke have the most players who I think would get in our side with 4, the keeper and three central midfielders (not as a three but as individuals).. Dawson and hegazi definitely play over Shawcross and Williams though who are spent.

On reflection perhaps I have misjudged how far the quality a player like Williams has fallen so you may be correct in that case. The pairing of Ayala and Flint at the back for Middlesbrough is immense though and their defensive record is indicative of the quality they have at the back for this level than anything Pulis has done for them tactically. I just don't agree that the Hegazi and Dawson partnership are that far ahead of them that they would 'walk' into their team.

Middlesbrough and Stoke (if Rowett had not ostracised Bauer) also have better right backs than Albion and their respective keepers are on a level with Johnstone. I think Gibbs is excellent but Friend and Pieters are not as far behind him in quality as you may think.

Even with just one of our back four missing we start to look more than just a little less formidable. I wouldn't say that's the sign of a strong squad. How did our back four look with just Hegazi missing? Would Tosin or Bartley 'walk' into the defence Middlesbrough played today, or even Stokes? No way.

We have a strong first XI and on song are capable of hammering any team in this league, but we lack depth. A right back and bolstering the bench is imperative in January to capitalise on the position we are in.

Edit to add as lost my overall point: It seems some are taking our position for granted. I believe DM has carried out an excellent job considering the circumstances and talent within the squad. When you consider where the quality of team/squad was when he took over compared to where teams such as Middlesbrough and Stoke were (and are) it illustrates how well he has done. There is no reason we could not have been languishing in mid-table at this point if he hadn't made so many correct decisions since his appointment. The quality within the squad (certainly at the end of last season) was far from a given and to suggest anything less than a top 2 means DM has failed does his work a great disservice.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 02:20:01 PM by Windmill Baggy »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2433 on: December 30, 2018, 01:17:18 PM »
Lads, can we stick to discussing Darren Moore please not who has the best centre halves etc.

If you want to discuss that then start a topic in the General Sports forum
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2434 on: December 30, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »
With regard to your point about the academy if I was in charge of it I would have resigned immediately after the Rotherham away game when he chose not to give Harper at least 10 mins at the end preferring Brunt and Morrison instead . It must have been heartbreaking for the kid . If we can’t bring a kid on when four up then there’s not much hope for the academy despite the club having told us how wonderful it is for the last 10 years .

I struggled myself with that decision. Was screaming for him to come on.

As Keemar Roofe and Romaine Sawyers have shown, players who get game time can develop into something. Roofe is currently the third top scorer in the league and arguably one of the best players currently outside the top flight. He did all of this within a few years of leaving Albion.

We need to prove to the likes of Izzy Brown, Yan Dhanda, Jerome Sinclair, George Thorne, Tyler Roberts and any others thinking of moving on that they are better placed here than moving elsewhere, and yet we are proving to be even worse than the big clubs at giving youth a chance.

Gutted that Moore has no faith in them.

Boing Boing

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2435 on: January 01, 2019, 06:02:40 PM »
Well there were fans calling Sheff Wed as 1pt gained we've now lost at Blackburn.  For me he was complacent pre Sheff Wed and it's cost us.

Playing Brunt, Mozza, Barry together was an absolute joke. 

Subs today?  What was it all about.

5 months in he should know his best team.  Everyone thought he'd settled on something and he goes and screws it up.

How can any WBA fan be happy now behind Sheff Utd?

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2436 on: January 01, 2019, 06:13:06 PM »
Well there were fans calling Sheff Wed as 1pt gained we've now lost at Blackburn.  For me he was complacent pre Sheff Wed and it's cost us.

Playing Brunt, Mozza, Barry together was an absolute joke. 

Subs today?  What was it all about.

5 months in he should know his best team.  Everyone thought he'd settled on something and he goes and screws it up.

How can any WBA fan be happy now behind Sheff Utd?

Not happy, but not wetting the bed either at our first loss in two months. He has a team that is clearly lacking depth on the bench and at the right back position. The later has already been addressed and Moore has hinted he is still looking to strengthen.

The youth are closer to the first team than they ever has been and are training regular with the first team. So to say he does not give them a chance is not true. I trust his judgement on when he thinks they are ready to have a go and none have yet staked a a claim on a first team place when given a game in the cups. I'm sure the youth will be played in the cup and any that do stake a place will be given a chance.  We now have a great chance to get the first team rested and recovered for the Norwich game where we will try and do the double on them.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:14:52 PM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2437 on: January 01, 2019, 06:19:15 PM »
Not happy, but not wetting the bed either at our first loss in two months. He has a team that is clearly lacking depth on the bench and at the right back position. The later has already been addressed and Moore has hinted he is still looking to strengthen.

The youth are closer to the first team than they ever has been and are training regular with the first team. So to say he does not give them a chance is not true. I trust his judgement on when he thinks they are ready to have a go and none have yet staked a a claim on a first team place when given a game in the cups. I'm sure the youth will be played in the cup and any that do stake a place will be given a chance.  We now have a great chance to get the first team rested and recovered for the Norwich game where we will try and do the double on them.

Sorry but have to disagree with this, last season Field played a part and never let us down, this season he has hardly had a sniff, got hung out basically after his one appearance in the middle after being messed around as a centre half in the cup. The others get a placed on the bench just to fill the gap we have to have of a home grown youngster there. He will play some in nthe cup this weekedn but after having no action other than the odd reserve game then none will be up to it to force themselves in. They need game time, Harper should have been on at Rotherham when he brought Brunt on for Barry.

They will make mistakes but those currently in the team are also making mistakes, they are experienced pros making those mistakes so obviously kids will, its how they learn from them.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2438 on: January 01, 2019, 06:21:52 PM »

Mate in fairness you are looking at the big picture.  I'm addressing the last 2 fixtures where we have been a disaster.  Where do we go from here?

We have too many players and it's a case of too many cooks.  Look what Megson achieved with a squad of 20 it's Night and Day.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2439 on: January 01, 2019, 06:39:35 PM »
Mate in fairness you are looking at the big picture.  I'm addressing the last 2 fixtures where we have been a disaster.  Where do we go from here?

We have too many players and it's a case of too many cooks.  Look what Megson achieved with a squad of 20 it's Night and Day.

Obviously Megsons achievements were huge but the championship then compared to the championship now is a totally different league all together. It’s so much more competitive now, back then teams coming down from the prem would go straight back up now that isn’t the case because the league is so competitive. It’s basically a premier league 2 now . Two totally different times for the league so you can’t compare the two in my opinion

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2440 on: January 01, 2019, 06:40:17 PM »

Hopefully we get Gayle and Hegazi back and Holgate will fix the RB problem but with Livermore out, I fear we will see the immobile Brunt/Barry midfield. I hope Field get a chance to prove him self in the cup.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:42:30 PM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2441 on: January 01, 2019, 06:46:31 PM »

Sorry, but Darren is doing A "Pulis" and becoming intransient. Totally a stick in the mud who can't remove blinkers.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2442 on: January 01, 2019, 06:48:11 PM »
Sorry but have to disagree with this, last season Field played a part and never let us down, this season he has hardly had a sniff, got hung out basically after his one appearance in the middle after being messed around as a centre half in the cup. The others get a placed on the bench just to fill the gap we have to have of a home grown youngster there. He will play some in nthe cup this weekedn but after having no action other than the odd reserve game then none will be up to it to force themselves in. They need game time, Harper should have been on at Rotherham when he brought Brunt on for Barry.

They will make mistakes but those currently in the team are also making mistakes, they are experienced pros making those mistakes so obviously kids will, its how they learn from them.
It makes me feel strange that Brunt failed to impress at central midfield since day 1 but still can keep his place.
Field lost his place immediately after defeated by Hull City in November and even left out of the 18-man squad since then.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 07:16:34 PM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2443 on: January 01, 2019, 06:50:29 PM »
Sorry, but Darren is doing A "Pulis" and becoming intransient. Totally a stick in the mud who can't remove blinkers.

I assume you mean intransigent (unless of course Big Dave has signed a lifetime contract)?

Think we need to face it, Sam Field and the rest of the young players just aren't very good. It's a shame, but it is what it is.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2444 on: January 01, 2019, 06:53:10 PM »

I disagree too , the club has spun this academy for as long as I can remember yet rarely gives kids a sustained chance, and when they do get a chance they are messed around ( field , Edwards ) and then we get almost an entire team of academy kids against Mansfield then nothing for months , it’s poor man management regardless of how old they are .

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2445 on: January 01, 2019, 06:53:50 PM »

I assume you mean intransigent (unless of course Big Dave has signed a lifetime contract)?

Think we need to face it, Sam Field and the rest of the young players just aren't very good. It's a shame, but it is what it is.
I thank you for the correction about my spelling.
Cheers Kidda.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2446 on: January 01, 2019, 07:15:15 PM »
Darren Moore is fast becoming Brexit, if you try and voice an opinion you are either
A, wanting to be his lover whilst wearing rose tinted spectacles
Or
B, a social disgrace who degrades a club legend

Well, I'm not anti Moore (I'm anti villa)
And I'm not pro Moore (I'm pro Albion)

The football generally is better than the last couple of years , the goal celebrations are multiply increased and yes he is one of our own
But
Continually the subs and selections don't add up, HRK has been the go to Sub almost every game but when Gayle was out ...Sako starts
Sako starts despite not having any game time in the last 6 matches when bringing him on would have been easy and without risk
Brunt centre midfield....stop it , it's embarrassing
Edwards, pretty bloody good against reading.....then invisible
Field last year, then humiliated at left back ?

Something is not right, maybe we need an experience DOF , but if I was in charge of the cheque book , I'm not sure I'd let him loose
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2447 on: January 01, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »
Darren Moore is fast becoming Brexit, if you try and voice an opinion you are either
A, wanting to be his lover whilst wearing rose tinted spectacles
Or
B, a social disgrace who degrades a club legend

Well, I'm not anti Moore (I'm anti villa)
And I'm not pro Moore (I'm pro Albion)

The football generally is better than the last couple of years , the goal celebrations are multiply increased and yes he is one of our own
But
Continually the subs and selections don't add up, HRK has been the go to Sub almost every game but when Gayle was out ...Sako starts
Sako starts despite not having any game time in the last 6 matches when bringing him on would have been easy and without risk
Brunt centre midfield....stop it , it's embarrassing
Edwards, pretty bloody good against reading.....then invisible
Field last year, then humiliated at left back ?

Something is not right, maybe we need an experience DOF , but if I was in charge of the cheque book , I'm not sure I'd let him loose

Can't argue with any of it mate

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2448 on: January 01, 2019, 07:48:39 PM »
Sheff Utd have gained 5pts on us in last 2 fixtures thereby eroding much of the damage from our Brammall Lane win.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2449 on: January 01, 2019, 07:57:21 PM »
Think we have been bang average under Moore in this league and I don't see any dynamic play from us what so ever. Two loan players have covered up the cracks of an average coaching staff, Leeds at home is the onlytimethat Albion have played the whole game as the dominant force.