Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854408 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1900 on: October 28, 2018, 09:58:58 PM »
He's a nice bloke but his comments after games do him no favours, he just rambles on with cliches and some absolute garbage at times

His post match interviews are the biggest insight into how he is. They are truly embarrassing. We need to change the formation, it just is not working

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1901 on: October 28, 2018, 10:00:35 PM »
I can't work out why the coaching staff still think Robson-Kanu is a better 20 minute impact choice than a player like Burke, Leko or Edwards.

Nail, hammer, head.

Utterly ridiculous that the coaching staff can't see the blindingly obvious.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1902 on: October 28, 2018, 10:06:08 PM »
I think we've been found out a bit under Moore - whereas at the start of the season he was still unknown in management.

For instance, both Wigan and Derby recently scored goals from a long-ball goalkick. Both were cheap mistakes, very similar and something which was clearly no coincidence.

More worrying is the closing down of Barnes. Against Derby and Blackburn he still had influence, but not complete domination in other games.

Thirdly, we are now being pressed much more when our back 3 have the ball, which leads to mistakes and problems.

All these weren't known problems 1-2 months ago, but now we're on tape, it seems more clear what we're about. What will define Moore is how he deals with this and whether he can solve this problem.

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1903 on: October 29, 2018, 09:51:22 AM »
I've been away for around 6 weeks so have only seen things from afar. What looked quite promising has now turned into a bit of a problem. I think we managed to win the early games we did as we took some teams by surprise and they possibly held us in awe - premier league and all that!
However it seems that we've now been found out and our style is too predictable. I heard somewhere that Lampard used the International break to practice playing against a 3 at the back set up as Derby were playing Sheff Utd, us and Middlesborough in their next games. If that is true then it shows proper preparation for matches and along with that it brings results. I saw the Derby game and to be fair we were embarrassing. Would have hoped for changes on Saturday, not necessarily with players but in formation and set up. That didn't happen and we know the outcome. 3 at the back doesn't really work for us as we don't have the right playing staff to do it and it inhibits the players we have who can use speed and attacking threat. And to be fair some of our squad is quite ordinary.
The next 3 games will impact hugely on our season. Logic says we should win against Hull and Ipswich. I would also hope we will give a good account of ourselves against Leeds and send a message out that we are back and kicking.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1904 on: October 29, 2018, 10:10:00 AM »
I've been away for around 6 weeks so have only seen things from afar. What looked quite promising has now turned into a bit of a problem. I think we managed to win the early games we did as we took some teams by surprise and they possibly held us in awe - premier league and all that!
However it seems that we've now been found out and our style is too predictable. I heard somewhere that Lampard used the International break to practice playing against a 3 at the back set up as Derby were playing Sheff Utd, us and Middlesborough in their next games. If that is true then it shows proper preparation for matches and along with that it brings results. I saw the Derby game and to be fair we were embarrassing. Would have hoped for changes on Saturday, not necessarily with players but in formation and set up. That didn't happen and we know the outcome. 3 at the back doesn't really work for us as we don't have the right playing staff to do it and it inhibits the players we have who can use speed and attacking threat. And to be fair some of our squad is quite ordinary.
The next 3 games will impact hugely on our season. Logic says we should win against Hull and Ipswich. I would also hope we will give a good account of ourselves against Leeds and send a message out that we are back and kicking.

I will have a pint of what you are on........ ;D
MAGA!

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1905 on: October 29, 2018, 12:40:41 PM »
Personally I'm not surprised at the criticism of Moore but dissapointed by it.

We finished rock bottom of the Premier League last season and, let's face it, would have been well adrift had Moore not convinced his players to turn up towards the end of the season. Historically,  have a look at the teams that have finished bottom and see the position they are in now (or were after relegation) and I'm fairly sure we are above all of them.  Of the starting line up on Saturday 6 are new to the team (7 if you count Morrison  ;D) and the style we try  (:D )to play is a long way from the one dimensional, do one job, yawn football that we have been used to. To even be challenging at this point should be seen as an achievement in my opinion.

I understand the frustration at persisting with playing out from the back when it appears to be hampering our progress but i'd rather struggle and improve (I'd be looking at changing personnel, in my opinion Bartley and Hegazi don't appear to be capable ball players and Dawson is struggling, out of form, possibly mentally?) rather than revert to the hoof to a holding striker (who would have to be HRK as nobody else is)

With regards to his substitutions,  some work, some don't, some are enforced, some are not but those not forced upon us are generally done to change an aspect of play which isn't working and not just like for like as has been an issue in our recent history.

We are in transition,  we have not been particularly backed in the transfer market and for me, we are doing better than expected.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1906 on: October 29, 2018, 12:42:08 PM »
Trouble is, the playing out from the back isn't improving though.  We seem to be just as bad at it now, except we have the added problem that teams know what we're going to do.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1907 on: October 29, 2018, 12:46:45 PM »
His post match interviews are the biggest insight into how he is. They are truly embarrassing. We need to change the formation, it just is not working

Not with this squad thats for sure.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1908 on: October 29, 2018, 12:50:25 PM »
Perception.

No one is telling lies.

If his comments after the Derby match were how he actually saw it, then I fear for us this season. We were second best all over the park - to say the only difference between the teams was the finishing was bull.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1909 on: October 29, 2018, 01:26:06 PM »
His bedding in period is now over.
Like you say some of his after match comments are bewildering.
If he wasn't Darren Moore he would be slated on these boards, I expect that will come later in the season.
He must see that the playing three at the back puts untold pressure on those three players for the simple reason that they are uncomfortable in that system, and the reason they have to keep playing the ball backwards is that the central midfield players fail to show for the pass so the ball has to go back.
Like others have said teams have us worked out, put pressure on the back 3 when we have the ball and a mistake will surely follow.
We're too slow and predictable, other teams have worked out who our danger men are and just concentrate on marking them out of the game.
Stop Barnes and Gayle and we're stuffed having then to bring on Mears and HRK in a remarkable duet.
I never wish ill on any player ours or any one else's but I do hope that both of these are replaced in January.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1910 on: October 29, 2018, 03:31:58 PM »
With regards the 3 central players at the back are uncomfortable, and cant play the ball out of defence - That's still the case in a back 4. Are we actually accepting that the well paid players cant pass a ball 20 yards?? I don't think we had to money to go out and spend in the summer, so we were left with what we got - 2nd rate players. Jenkins will continue to keep a tight rain on spending, so I don't expect much come January. In theory, if a team look to mark our best players out the game, it should open up for other players?? It's 11 v 11, and we need to find ways to win when teams try to close us down. Allegedly we have one of the best squads in the league. We need to attack with more urgency, not let the opposition settle. Basically WE should be dictating the game, not the opponents. We are still only a few games into the season, trying to implement an entirely new system, that 99% of us were begging for. Sort the back 3 and I think its a decent system.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1911 on: October 29, 2018, 04:18:50 PM »
His bedding in period is now over.
Like you say some of his after match comments are bewildering.
If he wasn't Darren Moore he would be slated on these boards,
I expect that will come later in the season.
He must see that the playing three at the back puts untold pressure on those three players for the simple reason that they are uncomfortable in that system, and the reason they have to keep playing the ball backwards is that the central midfield players fail to show for the pass so the ball has to go back.
Like others have said teams have us worked out, put pressure on the back 3 when we have the ball and a mistake will surely follow.
We're too slow and predictable, other teams have worked out who our danger men are and just concentrate on marking them out of the game.
Stop Barnes and Gayle and we're stuffed having then to bring on Mears and HRK in a remarkable duet.
I never wish ill on any player ours or any one else's but I do hope that both of these are replaced in January.

You've written what I thought, though I didn't know how to put into words.

If this was any other manager, he would be being torn to shreds by now, even at this stage of the season. Too many "if's" in that sentence, I know, but stands true. His comments are becoming dull and predictable, which I think leads fans into thinking he doesn't know what he's talking about. Personally, I don't know how many more things professionals need to "learn" to take into the next game.

I think if we were good value for money, performance-wise, I doubt many would have a problem with our current position (5th). But aside from Barnes & Gayle, I've not seen any other player who has shown real quality, at least not consistently, which in turn makes our overall performances look a sham. And with his reluctance to drop Mears, it doesn't make for pretty viewing.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1912 on: October 29, 2018, 04:53:39 PM »
What the season, so far, shows is that it's not difficult to compete in this league, as the overall quality is poor and with the quality of our squad, we will win more than we lose. The (incredibly) difficult bit is getting out of it though and to do that you have to be solid, consistent and adaptable. We are none of these at present.
That doesn't mean we can't be though and hopefully these last 3 games, coupled with Bartley's suspension, will prompt Moore and Jones to re-evaluate and ring the changes. After all, it doesn't require major surgery, we are doing ok, just a few subtle tweaks and a bit of faith in youth and we could have it wrapped up with games to spare.
The football and entertainment is a vast improvement on the previous dinosaurs, Moore and Jones just need to prove that they can adapt quickly when things take a turn and not bury their heads in the sand, hoping for a miracle.
For what it's worth, i truly believe they will and this will be a season to remember.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1913 on: October 29, 2018, 07:18:09 PM »
The thing about three at the back is you need five in midfield to complement it. We don't play that way we play with four across the middle with Barnes playing in a number ten role. Barnes never drops in to a five so if a team plays 3-5-2, 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 against us we are still always outnumbered in the middle of the park. Even 4-4-2 we never have a man over.

3-4-1-2 may work in international football to some extent and with certain personnel but I question whether any team will ever make it work over a season in a league like the Championship. This league is unrelenting, it's a grind and you have to battle and win by scrapping it out at times, even Wolves who ran away with the league last season had to do it that way at times. You cannot grind wins out playing the way we play.

I agree with a previous comment, if it wasn't Darren Moore in charge the head coach would be getting a much rougher ride. We have Hull City next, that is a game we will be expected to win then following that we have Leeds coming to the Hawthorns. If we lose both those games (and the Leeds game is a very tough one on paper) then I think the mood amongst even the most supportive of supporters is going to darken considerably.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1914 on: October 30, 2018, 08:39:57 AM »
Would another manager really get a rough ride?
Were top six lad.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1915 on: October 30, 2018, 08:56:32 AM »
Were top six lad.

"were top six" will be accurate soon.  ;D

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1916 on: October 30, 2018, 05:23:51 PM »
So what is the answer to my question?

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1917 on: October 30, 2018, 07:11:41 PM »
Just flabbergasting comments on here. Can’t wait to see what manager everyone thinks will arrive here to replace Moore and walk the league. This place has become the most incredibly negative forum.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1918 on: October 30, 2018, 08:02:46 PM »
Just flabbergasting comments on here. Can’t wait to see what manager everyone thinks will arrive here to replace Moore and walk the league. This place has become the most incredibly negative forum.
Colin...He luvs us.  :o

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1919 on: October 30, 2018, 09:05:24 PM »

This past week has shown up a number of issues with the team that need addressing. If we can't offer constructive criticism and voice our opinion of them, then what is the point of even having a forum?

Supporting a team means wanting what's best for it, and sometimes that means you have to be as prepared to point out its weaknesses as praise its strengths.

I don't think I've seen one person here suggest we should be walking the league, but I think we all want to push and finish as high as possible.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1920 on: October 31, 2018, 06:21:27 AM »
This past week has shown up a number of issues with the team that need addressing. If we can't offer constructive criticism and voice our opinion of them, then what is the point of even having a forum?

Supporting a team means wanting what's best for it, and sometimes that means you have to be as prepared to point out its weaknesses as praise its strengths.

I don't think I've seen one person here suggest we should be walking the league, but I think we all want to push and finish as high as possible.

I’m seeing very little praise at all.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1921 on: October 31, 2018, 09:22:29 AM »
I’m seeing very little praise at all.

There's been plenty for Barnes and Gayle and rightly so, because without them we'd be midtable at best.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1922 on: October 31, 2018, 09:50:51 AM »

I would much prefer that to continually being told to be positive by you despite the glaring deficiencies that the majority are now raising which, if we are to stand any chance of finishing in the top two as we should, need to be addressed by those much higher up than us on here. I’ll be positive when I see something to be positive about, which is not us being outplayed every game as we have been throughout this season despite having far better players than most
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:38:26 AM by Dexy »

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1923 on: October 31, 2018, 11:39:26 AM »
There's been plenty for Barnes and Gayle and rightly so, because without them we'd be midtable at best.
We knew about Gayle but Barnes was a Moore find in all fairness .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1924 on: October 31, 2018, 11:53:27 AM »

I think he meant praise for Darren Moore.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill