Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854428 times)

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1850 on: October 26, 2018, 10:51:40 AM »
I'm not reading to much into the last couple of losses. Injuries are a problem and we lost to a very good Derby side who are on equal points. This league is crazy at the moment 6 sides at the top separated by two points and we are one of them.

Can't disagree with anything posted 2 above by fritzl/68
The last 6 games last season, the pressure was off and it was still the same players that had seen off Pulis/Pardew, perhaps they played with freedom.
I love DM and want him to succeed but I didnt want him to get the job because I always felt that with our relegation/recruitment and all things off season Albion something like this would happen and he'd end up as a fall guy.
In my opinion we are an average side in the poorest Championship for a while. Without serious investment I'd fear for any team getting promoted this season.

The same as every other year. Look at Wolves they had a very good squad to win promotion and still had to strengthen it.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1851 on: October 26, 2018, 12:12:32 PM »
DM needs to recognise the glaring problem we have and make the necessary adjustments. We haven't got the personnel to play 3 at the back, that much is obvious and we leak goals at an alarming rate. The defending on Wednesday was literally comical. Pure negligence. The substitutions didn't help us and we are now in danger of dropping down the league. For me, we need to revert to a back 4 and stop playing out from the back at EVERY opportunity. There is a time and a place and if you are being constantly pressed, then that should create space further up the field to distribute the ball. Mix it up a bit. keep the opponents guessing. Derby knew exactly what we were going to do as we are very predictable. The defence play like robots and seem to have no clue on what decision to make and when to make it. If DM can identify this and adapt then he will go up in my estimation, and I really want that to happen but I'm not sure he will. He looked and sounded like a deer in the headlights in his post match interview on Wednesday and it really seemed that the pressure could be getting to him. I hope I'm wrong about that and he addresses what we can all see as the only thing that really could stop us fighting for the top 2 spots this season. 

Wollastonbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1852 on: October 26, 2018, 12:22:44 PM »

The same as every other year. Look at Wolves they had a very good squad to win promotion and still had to strengthen it.
Yes that's right but the difference is we won't spend in the way they have and for me promotion would be pointless, unless you're just going for the parachute money the year after to keep the lights on. If we get promoted we'll have to spend an absolute fortune which will be totally beyond our means.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1853 on: October 26, 2018, 12:47:47 PM »
I'm not reading to much into the last couple of losses. Injuries are a problem and we lost to a very good Derby side who are on equal points. This league is crazy at the moment 6 sides at the top separated by two points and we are one of them.

burnley?? Huddersfield ??
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1854 on: October 26, 2018, 01:01:19 PM »
I didn’t think Big Dave was the right man for the job but I cannot believe some of the decisions he is currently making. The signing of Bartley one of the worst defenders I have seen and then to continue to play him, letting Nyom go out onloan and replace him with Mears. Playing Mears. Playing Brunt centre midfield, playing Field at centre half in the cup games, the lack of action for a younger players and the bizarre substitutions he keeps making.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1855 on: October 26, 2018, 01:04:27 PM »
I didn’t think Big Dave was the right man for the job but I cannot believe some of the decisions he is currently making. The signing of Bartley one of the worst defenders I have seen and then to continue to play him, letting Nyom go out onloan and replace him with Mears. Playing Mears. Playing Brunt centre midfield, playing Field at centre half in the cup games, the lack of action for a younger players and the bizarre substitutions he keeps making.

apart from that everything is tickety-boo!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1856 on: October 26, 2018, 02:26:23 PM »
We have had real tests twice this season, v boro and derby, lost both. Other games won despite poor tactics against poor teams. Love Darren Moore to bits, but its going to end in tears. Already subs getting boo'd and getting smashed at home in the championship and the scoreline flattered us.post match comments baffling. Constant whistling during the games starting to p#!s the players off. Wednesday reminded me of the game v Leicester last season and look at the comments pards got. Cracks have been papered over all season so far, and to be honest I havent seen a good performance yet. I will get behind him all the way, but I am very worried inside

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1857 on: October 27, 2018, 04:38:02 PM »
Doesn't know what he's doing I'm afraid.no plan b

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1858 on: October 27, 2018, 05:07:09 PM »
Still yet to play well this season, still making poor substitutions. HRK consistently fails to make an impact, yet is still Moore's first port of call every time we need a goal. The past 3 games he hasn't had Gayle and Barnes bailing him out, and it's shown him up for what I've feared since the appointment, a poor and naive head coach.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1859 on: October 27, 2018, 05:12:13 PM »
Well done to Darren and the team for putting the run of defeats to an end against a decent side.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1860 on: October 27, 2018, 05:23:09 PM »
Well done to Darren and the team for putting the run of defeats to an end against a decent side.

another windup merchant. we should be doing much better than this against an injury hit side. we are punching well under our weight
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1861 on: October 27, 2018, 05:24:49 PM »
Still yet to play well this season, still making poor substitutions. HRK consistently fails to make an impact, yet is still Moore's first port of call every time we need a goal. The past 3 games he hasn't had Gayle and Barnes bailing him out, and it's shown him up for what I've feared since the appointment, a poor and naive head coach.

totally agree. we have had 10 minute cameos but our general play is not good enough

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1862 on: October 27, 2018, 05:32:15 PM »
First bad run under him

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1863 on: October 27, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »
Darren Moore isn’t perfect and has made mistakes but a look on social media and comments I read from a lot of “fans” are embarrassing. Not thoughtful or a “critique” just vitriolic abuse. I am convinced people have never played football or haven’t studied the games. I have loved football since I was a kid but the “modern fan”’ is putting me off.
Can we put to bed the myth he inherited a “great squad” he didn’t. The board didn’t back him and he’s had 1 transfer window. Everyone of our players not in the team is now a world beater. People couldn’t wait to get rid of Nyom now he’s a huge loss. Burke is a goalscoring machine (against Rushall Olympic and u23 teams).
I wouldn’t play HRK but he has scored off the bench and is actually a forward so it’s not such a ridiculous decision. Mears didn’t play today but I’m sure today was his fault.
I also find it amusing that trying to score past 10 men is now the managers fault. The fact the players couldn’t surely is some of their responsibility.
The amazing thing is it’s not yet November and people are calling for his head...the joys of modern football.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1864 on: October 27, 2018, 05:33:59 PM »
another windup merchant. we should be doing much better than this against an injury hit side. we are punching well under our weight

Yep, they lost both CH's and their attacker. Finished with 10 men and a midfielder in goal.

Yet we didn't muster a single shot on goal.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1865 on: October 27, 2018, 05:40:36 PM »
I wanted Darren to get the job, after the way he handled the last few games in the Premiership and looking at the mess and the drop he was left with.
I now feel that he may not be the right man at this time to help us start to win and succeed again.
I am a hard task master (always have been) and want to see results.
After today, please see repeat.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1866 on: October 27, 2018, 05:41:12 PM »

Unnecessary comment. We were injury hit too. You'll be one of those who thinks that we should walk this league and that anything less than a win is a reason to dig out Moore. This league isn't like that. Have you forgotten the absolute shambles of last year? Have you forgotten that he inherited this squad from Pulis and the shambles of a board that were sacked. Wake up. Support the team and let's see where we end up. One thing for certain is that constantly moaning is unhelpful to what we are all trying to achieve. 

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1867 on: October 27, 2018, 05:43:45 PM »
Darren Moore isn’t perfect and has made mistakes but a look on social media and comments I read from a lot of “fans” are embarrassing. Not thoughtful or a “critique” just vitriolic abuse. I am convinced people have never played football or haven’t studied the games. I have loved football since I was a kid but the “modern fan”’ is putting me off.
Can we put to bed the myth he inherited a “great squad” he didn’t. The board didn’t back him and he’s had 1 transfer window. Everyone of our players not in the team is now a world beater. People couldn’t wait to get rid of Nyom now he’s a huge loss. Burke is a goalscoring machine (against Rushall Olympic and u23 teams).
I wouldn’t play HRK but he has scored off the bench and is actually a forward so it’s not such a ridiculous decision. Mears didn’t play today but I’m sure today was his fault.
I also find it amusing that trying to score past 10 men is now the managers fault. The fact the players couldn’t surely is some of their responsibility.
The amazing thing is it’s not yet November and people are calling for his head...the joys of modern football.

Spot on. And let's not forget that we are currently 5th. You'd think we were bottom for the nonsense talked on here.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1868 on: October 27, 2018, 05:51:39 PM »
hes not a leader and not the man for the job. my last comment on the matter

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1869 on: October 27, 2018, 06:06:36 PM »
A sizeable portion of our fanbase has been appalling this year. Booing, slating, abusing players is taking place every week in the Brummie, its left me and many other real supporters feeling quite disappointed and embarrassed with our fans. It doesnt surprise me that the board end up ignoring the fans at times, because a lot of them frankly are idiot. The same people who were pining for Big Dave now want him sacked after losing a couple of games.

Some fans will moan and undermine the team no matter what the club do

Can we cut the "real supporters" comments out please, not wanted on thisd forum, any others by anyone will be removed as we usually do.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1870 on: October 27, 2018, 06:36:31 PM »
hes not a leader and not the man for the job. my last comment on the matter

I’ll hold you to that :)

jharman292

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1871 on: October 27, 2018, 06:54:52 PM »
Do find it frustrating to see the comments towards those that have concerns over Moore, like they know nothing of football and are "knee jerking after a couple of losses".

How about the fact that after 15 games, we still do not look like a team. Defense is a shambles. Midfield looks slow and lacks energy required to control games in this league. Any attacking impetus seems to be fading quickly and the players seem to be struggling to create any real chances, instead time and time again, opting for the long diagonal ball. These are real problems and they are not new. At this stage, Moores ideas should be getting stronger and players should be getting more in tune with this system and way of playing, however i believe it is going the other way which is a major concern.

His use of subs is awful. Simple as that. You can not argue with the fact we are a big fish in this league and when the game is in the balance, we should be making bold changes in an effort to win the game. Robson Kanu has not put in a single good performance and yet is always first shout.

I dont expect us to win every game and romp the league but i do think that those who think this is a little blip are refusing to accept that these problems are not going away and 15 games in, i do not believe we have put in a good performance over 90 minutes.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1872 on: October 27, 2018, 07:01:24 PM »
Do find it frustrating to see the comments towards those that have concerns over Moore, like they know nothing of football and are "knee jerking after a couple of losses".

How about the fact that after 15 games, we still do not look like a team. Defense is a shambles. Midfield looks slow and lacks energy required to control games in this league. Any attacking impetus seems to be fading quickly and the players seem to be struggling to create any real chances, instead time and time again, opting for the long diagonal ball. These are real problems and they are not new. At this stage, Moores ideas should be getting stronger and players should be getting more in tune with this system and way of playing, however i believe it is going the other way which is a major concern.

His use of subs is awful. Simple as that. You can not argue with the fact we are a big fish in this league and when the game is in the balance, we should be making bold changes in an effort to win the game. Robson Kanu has not put in a single good performance and yet is always first shout.

I dont expect us to win every game and romp the league but i do think that those who think this is a little blip are refusing to accept that these problems are not going away and 15 games in, i do not believe we have put in a good performance over 90 minutes.

Totally accept your point. But equally in the context of last year, the squad, his experience, and the difficulty of this league, in my view a lot of the vitriol is totally unwarranted.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1873 on: October 27, 2018, 07:05:54 PM »

Great Post.

I don't think for a second DM thought he'd scratching around for freebies when he took the job

Our squad is not the best and our bench is pathetic imo.

I hope we can be in or close to the play offs in Jan and then strengthen with a box to box mf and a commanding ch to replace Bartley.

Reality bit me a while back and I think it will dawn on others soon that DM is doing his best whilst getting no support from cost cutter Jenkins.

We tracked woods all summer.and Stoke lose their couple of games and they buy him straight away.

Lot is expected now from Dowling to find what we need.

It's also sad how our "acclaimed" youth team cannot produce as good or better than mears and hoolahan.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1874 on: October 27, 2018, 07:19:19 PM »
Great Post.

I don't think for a second DM thought he'd scratching around for freebies when he took the job

Our squad is not the best and our bench is pathetic imo.

I hope we can be in or close to the play offs in Jan and then strengthen with a box to box mf and a commanding ch to replace Bartley.

Reality bit me a while back and I think it will dawn on others soon that DM is doing his best whilst getting no support from cost cutter Jenkins.

We tracked woods all summer.and Stoke lose their couple of games and they buy him straight away.

Lot is expected now from Dowling to find what we need.

It's also sad how our "acclaimed" youth team cannot produce as good or better than mears and hoolahan.

Could it be argued that in signing Mears and Hoolahan that he’s actually given the board a get out of jail card ? Moore will never be in a stronger position due to the levels of goodwill he has been afforded so he could have said no to either and been cute with the media to portray his dissatisfaction with either . He has also had ample opportunity to play some of the younger players but has chose not to.