Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854427 times)

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1800 on: October 24, 2018, 11:33:22 PM »
every team we have played this season except qpr ,have played us of the park footballing wise irrespective of the final result,most teams couldn't finish,Derby could our luck ran out,we are playing now exactly the same as we did forest away back in august,3 centre halves that cannot play pass it out from the back ,a midfield with no legs that is overrun practically every game,tonights result did not surprise me at all,i totally respect Big Dave he is a club legend,but a football manager he is not,and we will only have the chance this season with this set of players

What players? The strength of the squad to my mind is a myth that the media and other managers have spun along. We have a few brilliant individuals at this level but not a great squad. It’s so lacking in certain areas.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1801 on: October 25, 2018, 12:00:25 AM »
Agreed. I think Jones is the driving force behind our style of play from his time under Martinez but we don't have the personnel to do it.

I'm not sure he has the balls tbh.

Darren is the off the ball coach and was far more successful in coaching a back 4 at the back end of last season.

Since we've switched to a back 3 our shape has been awful. Not only that but it's our with the ball play that's causing havoc defensively at times so DM also needs to grow some balls in that respect and tell Jones the passing out from the back means we're woefully out of shape.

Will he stand up to Jones? I hope so but don't think so

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1802 on: October 25, 2018, 12:02:43 AM »
What players? The strength of the squad to my mind is a myth that the media and other managers have spun along. We have a few brilliant individuals at this level but not a great squad. It’s so lacking in certain areas.
I agree even with a fully fit squad we cant put out a decent central midfield pairing,now we are starting to get injuries in other positions too,i just don't think our management have the right know how required to integrate the younger players or even getting us to play as a cohesive unit,we are still as disjointed as we were back in august and I cannot see this improving

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1803 on: October 25, 2018, 12:11:03 AM »
Hopefully he'll learn the lesson. 3 at the back doesn't work. 14 games played, 22 goals conceded.

We've conceded the same as 24th place Ipswich, 1 more than 23rd place Hull City, 2 more than 21st place Rotherham, 3 more than 18th place Bolton, 2 more than 17th place Stoke.

In fact, only 4 sides in the WHOLE LEAGUE have conceded more than us.

We will not go up if we continue to defend like this. We will not make the play offs if we defend like this. If Moore insists on playing 3 defenders with limited technical ability, asks them to play out from the back and gives them inadequate cover in midfield it'll cost him his job.

Teams do not get promoted or come in the top 6 when they concede 1.6 goals per game. They finish 16th.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1804 on: October 25, 2018, 01:33:23 AM »
Agreed. I think Jones is the driving force behind our style of play from his time under Martinez but we don't have the personnel to do it.

My thoughts exactly, I believe it is Jones trying to implement the Belgium way with us, but instead of kompany and alderweld he has, ahem, Kyle Bartley.

We need to go back to basics and stop gifting goals from our own terrible passes.

We need a mf general like mulumbu, who can protect the back 4 like huddles tone did for Derby tonight.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1805 on: October 25, 2018, 02:55:37 AM »
I agree even with a fully fit squad we cant put out a decent central midfield pairing,now we are starting to get injuries in other positions too,i just don't think our management have the right know how required to integrate the younger players or even getting us to play as a cohesive unit,we are still as disjointed as we were back in august and I cannot see this improving

We don’t have a right back, we have 1 decent centre half and one centre midfielder. We then have a few brilliant (at this level) attacking players.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1806 on: October 25, 2018, 03:26:52 AM »
We need to revert to a back 4 with Hoolahan just in front as a play maker similar to what Leeds are doing with Kalvin Phillips in front of their back 4 .
Agree with the idea but do we have 4 good defenders to start with?

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1807 on: October 25, 2018, 05:09:07 AM »
100% Moore will be here for the season imo

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1808 on: October 25, 2018, 05:27:09 AM »
Plus we are not even half way through the season yet.
We are 4th, we could be top in a few weeks ffs
Sack Moore and we lose jones and everything else.

We should not be looking to sack him. Sack him and we can wave goodbye to any chance of promotion. Stick with him and we have a chance. He got us top last week . We are not given a right to be dominate every week

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1809 on: October 25, 2018, 06:07:50 AM »
 ??? Problem is plainly obvious...you can play 3 at the back but need a "defensive" shield similar to Yacob.

Field or Livermore can do this role....have more legs than Barry or Brunt.

This role leads to more flexibility if playing a "WEAKER" TEAM CAN MOVE FORWARD, OR BACK DEFENSIVELY against tougher opposition.

I coached the Under 14 girls team,several years ago,so know a thing or two about formations?????? :P :P :P.

BIG DAVE YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THINGS WE ARE GETTING SMASHED IN THIS AREA.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1810 on: October 25, 2018, 06:20:03 AM »
That won champions league medals, went to world cups, played with and against some of the best players ever
It matters

Agreed.

Derby appointed a top class ex footballer with a wealth of knowledge and contacts. We appointed a bloke who’s attribute was heading a football.

Last night and last Saturday we’re completely unacceptable and Darren Moore needs to be told in no uncertain terms that things need to improve.

Personally don’t think there’s is enough pressure on him from the hierarchy.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1811 on: October 25, 2018, 07:18:03 AM »
Moore has had 2 recent international breaks with the majority of his squad available to work on the defensive side of the game. Which begs the question what have they been doing ? There are deficiencies that are not being addressed .

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1812 on: October 25, 2018, 07:22:13 AM »
His after game analysis beggars belief, he must be going to different games.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1813 on: October 25, 2018, 07:26:35 AM »

Sky pundits making the valid point our central midfield, Brunt and Field do not show for the ball when the defence have it.

Said it after the Sheff Wed game, our defenders are expected to pass it out from the back but without the support from midfield. Man City and Barcelona's defenders don't play like Xaxi and Iniesta, they just need to be able to pass to them, but under Moore's current system, they are expected to be the play maker because our central midfield two have not been mpbile enough to get into the positions to receive the ball, and neither have the wing backs.

The lack of a shielding midfielder is the second issue. Brunt is a winger, not a defensive midfielder. Moore has to address this but he won't.
Boing Boing

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1814 on: October 25, 2018, 07:26:58 AM »
I do agree as has been mentioned elsewhere that the midfield isn't really helping the defence. Firstly in terms of showing for the ball, and secondly in terms of offering protection defensively. Brunt and Barry are too slow to get up and down the pitch - people are quick to write off Field and Harper but at least they'd bring some energy.

In any case, Moore should have identified this in the summer and brought in players to rectify it. Yacob and Mulumbu were both available at the very least.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1815 on: October 25, 2018, 07:27:44 AM »
Moore his coaching staff, his baffling substitutions and the players on the pitch need to own up to their display last night but Jenkins and board are also to blame for poor recruitment and lack of investment in team.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1816 on: October 25, 2018, 07:34:34 AM »
Bit worried by DM describing it as a bizarre game and hinting that fine margins made a big difference. Derby were first to everything, we were swamped....hopefully that can be spotted by the coaching team when they re-watch it if they didn't spot it the first time.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1817 on: October 25, 2018, 07:58:45 AM »
Bit worried by DM describing it as a bizarre game and hinting that fine margins made a big difference. Derby were first to everything, we were swamped....hopefully that can be spotted by the coaching team when they re-watch it if they didn't spot it the first time.

The only bizarre thing was his post match comments, if management couldn’t see that derby were all over us from the side of the pitch then either they are tactically inept or need to go and sit in the stands as derby breezed past us. I’m also looking for the players to take some responsibility the back 3 & Johnson should be in his office this morning telling him they don’t feel comfertable playing the ball out from the back, Brunt also needs to be in there holding his hands up and saying he can’t play cm, they have to put their hands up and say they can’t do it for the good of the team. 

altonbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1818 on: October 25, 2018, 08:18:16 AM »
The back 3 should be saying they need better options to pass to.  We're 4th, it's not exactly a disaster.  Now we get to see whether they can make a change or two to support the general style of play which most of us would support.  I hope he has the strength not to just give up and ask the defenders to lump it up to the attackers.

keithowba86

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1819 on: October 25, 2018, 08:18:51 AM »
                                     johnstone

dawson             hegazi            bartley               gibbs

livermore       hoolahan

Barnes

phillips                            gayle                            sako

The above team solves all problems!

Jay rodriguez offers us not enough to start, same with brunt

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1820 on: October 25, 2018, 08:28:58 AM »
                                     johnstone

dawson             hegazi            bartley               gibbs

livermore       hoolahan

Barnes

phillips                            gayle                            sako

The above team solves all problems!

Jay rodriguez offers us not enough to start, same with brunt

The midfield still gets over-run unless you play Barnes deeper. Do that and he loses his effect further forward.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1821 on: October 25, 2018, 08:44:18 AM »
It amuses me that some still think Darren is capable, or will for that matter, change anything. We are 14 games into the season now and nothing has changed in the slightest; if anything, the defending looks even more chaotic now that when he first introduced the nonsensical 5-3-2 system for us, the only difference between last night and any other week is that Derby actually had the ability to kill us off with their sustained dominance.

Look at our games this season and there are only really a couple that I can see where we have looked like a 'good' team, which is how we should be looking most weeks against inferior opposition.

Bolton (h) - We were awful and beaten accordingly
Forest (a) - Utterly dreadful display, but they failed to capitalise on their dominance
Norwich (a) - We outscored them, with Rhodes in particular missing a couple of gilt edged chances
QPR (h) - Awful first 45 minutes before our attacking players came to the fore
Boro (a) - We offered absolutely nothing
Stoke (h) - Our best performance this season in my eyes, but still ended up getting lucky with them missing a penalty that could have changed the course of the game
Blues (a) - We were absolutely awful and lucky to come away with a point
Bristol City (h) - They should have been 3-0 up before we fashioned our first chance
Milwall (h) - Our most comfortable game in terms of them offering little up front, but look at how average their players are
Preston (a) - Abject display with us managing to outscore them as we did at Norwich with a similar performance.
Sheff Wed (a) - Should have been dead and buried before Barnes magic saved us
Reading (h) - One of the worst first half displays you will ever see before their keeper came and missed a cross to get us back into a game we should have been dead and buried in yet again
Wigan (a) - Terrible performance in which we created absolutely nothing
Derby (h) - Not much more to be said

We have performed awfully. In short, Barnes and Gayle, as well as Phillips to a lesser extent, have dug us out of many a hole this season. The coaching staff are doing absolutely nothing to improve us and are far out of their depth. We have, as we did with Silva a few years back when we retained Pulis, missed the perfect opportunity to bring in a young coach who knows this level and has performed way above his pay grade at Brentford who was keen to take the job and instead have a bloke in charge who, I'm sorry, but you have to admit, is thick as two short planks, you only have to watch his interview post match last night to see that, alongside a bloke who is trying to implement the system used with Belgium and their far superior players with defenders who cannot pass a pub. Failing to bring in a right back in the summer, failing to bolster the centre of midfield because Darren clearly read Jacko waxing lyrical on here and felt that Brunt was going to be the Championship equivalent of Pirlo....so so many mistakes made already.

We are what, fourth in the league currently? And I am full of so much discontent it is untrue. Even when we went on a winning run, I remained on here head above the parapet predicting what was going to come based on our performances and here we are. Our defensive record is utterly lamentable and I have no faith that the only man who has the power to alter things will be able to come up with any answers.

Disgruntled.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1822 on: October 25, 2018, 08:44:45 AM »
Hopefully he'll learn the lesson. 3 at the back doesn't work. 14 games played, 22 goals conceded.

We've conceded the same as 24th place Ipswich, 1 more than 23rd place Hull City, 2 more than 21st place Rotherham, 3 more than 18th place Bolton, 2 more than 17th place Stoke.

In fact, only 4 sides in the WHOLE LEAGUE have conceded more than us.

We will not go up if we continue to defend like this. We will not make the play offs if we defend like this. If Moore insists on playing 3 defenders with limited technical ability, asks them to play out from the back and gives them inadequate cover in midfield it'll cost him his job.

Teams do not get promoted or come in the top 6 when they concede 1.6 goals per game. They finish 16th.

Apart from Huddersfield who got promoted with a negative goal difference.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1823 on: October 25, 2018, 08:45:22 AM »

I love the bloke but I have stopped listening to his pre/post match interviews as its all quite generic stuff.

'Its a tough league'
'games come thick and fast'
'anyone can beat anyone'

If DM and the coaching staff don't see that Derby outclassed us last night then I give up. At times they pushed their 3 forwards high and wide, stretching our back 3, allowing Mount and co to have so much space to do the damage.

Last night should be a massive learning curve for DM and his team, hopefully its a lesson they learn from and react going forward to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1824 on: October 25, 2018, 09:28:18 AM »
Stats that Skysports put up last night:

Goals conceded - 22 - Championship rank 20th
Shots faced - 212 - Championship rank 23rd
Shots on target faced - 71 - Championship rank 22nd
Clean sheets - 1 - Championship rank 23rd

Wolves and Cardiff went up last season only conceding 39 all season.

Regardless of how 'lethal' our attack is, you cant continue to defend and set up the way we do.