Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854404 times)

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1625 on: October 03, 2018, 10:01:56 PM »
Unbeaten in 6

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1626 on: October 03, 2018, 10:10:49 PM »
A lot of people unhappy with the subs at the time, me included; I thought it was very odd; but... I'm happy to admit that I clearly know less than I think... those substitutions; that on the surface to me and most of us watching looked like a white flag to save people for Saturday; did actually change our shape enough with Hoolahan being the link in the middle to allow Barnes the extra space up top and shifted Brunt wider (where he should be if he's playing, not in the middle) to cross in (right footed I might add) for the first goal.

Second goal was of course all about the boy Barnes, great driving effort from our own half again! As has been mentioned by the pundits, if it was Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Modric etc it'd be hailed and on replay all week!

There are still concerns... Mears should not be playing for a league 2 club, let alone us and at this point i'd rather see him give the kid from Man City a go in defence over the woeful Bartley.

The less said about Johnstone the better, flaps at everything, doesn't command the box, but with burger boy Myhill on the bench we don't have much choice but to keep him between the sticks.

Brunt and Livermore.... eventually he surely has to see this does not work as a CM partnership, I love Brunt, but he is the weaker of the two in that position. Brunt plays wide, or he doesn't play and it's a drum i'll continue banging. would replace him with Hoolahan/Barry/Field depending on form or fitness...

Some of his tactics are possibly wanting at times, but we can't entirely dismiss that he is seeing something he wants to do with the shape of the team or formation etc, it's just perfecting it, which will only come with more games under his belt to know how to direct the team a bit better.

We're doing ok, we're winning at home and we're battling away, we just have to keep grinding out results and see where we are after the Christmas/New Year period to see if we are still mixing with the top Top 6.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 10:15:29 PM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1627 on: October 03, 2018, 10:20:52 PM »
I think he got out of jail tonight; poor selection and sloppy defending yet again cost us - bailed out by some individual brilliance from Barnes.

That said, at least we got something. I thought his subs were awful but it did change it looking back. As said though, he seems to have his favourites (Brunt, Mears, Bartley) and they are harming us every time.

How can you describe Mears as a favourite. He has had two league games and he is clearly back up in a position where he is all we have.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1628 on: October 03, 2018, 10:21:38 PM »

What we were doing wasn't working. They've gone to the Belgium 3 4 3 with a target man and 2 attacking mids.

Like!! Knowledge over knee jerk reaction.  I was confused at first but you could see the new shape after a while.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1629 on: October 03, 2018, 10:23:11 PM »
I couldn’t believe the subs but they worked. So how about we give Moore some credit. Just a thought.

There were some on here berating Moore for the subs before they had seen the end of the match. Embarrassing behaviours on this forum at the moment.

Think I’m going to step back from this forum for a while.

altonbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1630 on: October 03, 2018, 10:29:12 PM »
I nearly crashed in the car listening to the radio when the subs were announced.  And then I lost the signal and then I heard we'd drawn 2-2.  Turns out I don't know as much as the manager or the manager was lucky?  Who knows.

This season is absolutely brilliant.  We've scored loads of goals and we're near the top of the league.  We look really dodgy at the back (something I suspect our two FIFA qualified coaches have spotted) but we're playing football in a really attractive way.  Mears looks like a stopgap measure - I hope he is anyway.  Bartley may end up being a fail but it is still early days really.  When we go forward it is a wonder to watch.  Surely, surely we have to credit the manager for that, don't we?

The worry is that if these comments and the in-game ones are representative then when we have a sticky patch (and we will) we'll be booing and calling for the manager's head.  And that would make me sick to my stomach having suffered through the Pulis years.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1631 on: October 03, 2018, 10:36:02 PM »
I couldn’t believe the subs but they worked. So how about we give Moore some credit. Just a thought.

There were some on here berating Moore for the subs before they had seen the end of the match. Embarrassing behaviours on this forum at the moment.

Think I’m going to step back from this forum for a while.

My thoughts for a while tonight.   I'm new to posting on the boards but have really enjoyed the first few months.  For me Darren Moore had rejuvenated my love for the club after the Pullis years left me numb and I have a ST again.   Some of the football we are p!aying is wonderfull and some is terrible but it's never boring or souless.   We are in the top 6 and are the divisions top scorers....all this and we are being managed by a club legend who is one of our own!! 

Yet some of the posts are so negative it's making myself and Frazzle wonder if we want to continue on the forum.  You all try and work it out.

It's all just opinions i guess!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 10:42:07 PM by Oldbury24 »

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1632 on: October 03, 2018, 10:39:03 PM »
How can you describe Mears as a favourite. He has had two league games and he is clearly back up in a position where he is all we have.
I think he's clearly a favourite - the two have known each other for years. The very fact he came here from an MLS club at his age says a lot, he wouldn't have got near another Championship club other than ours (I would much rather have Edwards, Leko or Burke start ahead of him) - and I don't think either 3 are fantastic.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1633 on: October 03, 2018, 10:39:38 PM »
Keeper is very shakey and looks nervous in possession, back three are poor on the ball and can't defend. Brunt is not a central midfielder and has been very poor and should be no where near first team. Burke should be a head of Mears and so should Leko. Why Field can't get in team is beyond me, looks like Barry and Wes are a head of him. Only positive I see is at the top with Barnes and Gayle who are on loan are our best players jrod has been fine but with HRK as back up if any of the strikers get injured then we are screwed. Like many on here I don't know how Moore wants to play, playing out from back is fine but if players are uncomfortable and can't pick a pass then you will cause yourself trouble which happened tonight as Wednesday never carved us a part it was mistakes by individual Albion player's

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1634 on: October 03, 2018, 10:40:43 PM »
My thoughts for a while tonight.   I'm new to posting on the boards but have really enjoyed the first few months.  For me Darren Moore had rejuvenated my love for the club after the Pullis years left me numb and I have a ST again.   Some of the football we are p!aying is wonderfull and some is terrible but it's never boring or souless.   We are in the top 6 and are the divisions top scorers....all this and we are being managed by a club legend who is one of our own!! 

Yet some of the posts are so negative it's making myself and Frazzle wonder if we want to continue on the forum.  You all try and work it out.

The point of a forum is for people to give their opinion which can be positive or negative. If everyone agreed then forums like this and others would be a waste of time. You are new to the forum and your posts so far have been of the type we would like to see more of so it would be a shame if you left but there is no way we would also discourage people from having a different opinion which may not always be a positive one.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1635 on: October 03, 2018, 10:49:34 PM »
if everyone got upset about too much negativity or positivity there'd be no one on here. 👿

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1636 on: October 03, 2018, 10:50:09 PM »
The point of a forum is for people to give their opinion which can be positive or negative. If everyone agreed then forums like this and others would be a waste of time. You are new to the forum and your posts so far have been of the type we would like to see more of so it would be a shame if you left but there is no way we would also discourage people from having a different opinion which may not always be a positive one.

Yep I agree on the nature of the forum, maybe my turn to over react and I did revisit my post and add that it is "all just opinion".    Just not something I expected as much of on a Baggies board......Maybe up a the Seal sanctuary yes  ;D   oh well, as my nan used to say "takes all sorts".

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1637 on: October 03, 2018, 10:57:41 PM »
Well Darren maybe just maybe you know more about your squad than us keyboard experts. A lot of clubs will be more than pleased with a point from Sheffield wed away
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1638 on: October 03, 2018, 11:15:35 PM »
Like!! Knowledge over knee jerk reaction.  I was confused at first but you could see the new shape after a while.

Thought it was very difficult to tell what we were playing - even Matt Wilson struggled for a good 10 minutes or so.

Chuffed with the comeback but I really don't believe that the change of system contributed to the two goals. Players picked the right pass and Barnes, well, it was a piece of such individual quality.

I did think Hoolahan made a difference though. With a little more composure around the edge of the box I think he could have even found a pass to sneak an unlikely winner.

ranvir wba90

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1639 on: October 03, 2018, 11:15:56 PM »
3-4-1-2 formation does not work away from home.Better opposition will punish us. Field needs to be given a chance. Brunt n livermore as our 2 midfield pairing does not work. They are to slow. Can get away with it at home where we have time on the ball and teams sit off us. Needs to mix it up time to time especially away from home.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1640 on: October 03, 2018, 11:17:05 PM »
Big Dave making out in post match comments that it was his 3 subs that changed it,noway was this the case,leaving Harvey Barnes on the pitch to fully complete a game was what did it,he is the only player we have that can genuinely conjure up something from nothing,and he might have done this before especially away at Middlesborough when he was substituted just as he was getting in the game and defenders are tiring,barring injury he should always be kept on all game,i think Dave realises this now hopefully,and does anyone think we might have to revert to 442 to sort defence as they just do not seem comfortable at 352

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1641 on: October 03, 2018, 11:18:36 PM »
Thought it was very difficult to tell what we were playing - even Matt Wilson struggled for a good 10 minutes or so.

Chuffed with the comeback but I really don't believe that the change of system contributed to the two goals. Players picked the right pass and Barnes, well, it was a piece of such individual quality.

I did think Hoolahan made a difference though. With a little more composure around the edge of the box I think he could have even found a pass to sneak an unlikely winner.

Without the change in system Brunt wouldn't have been wide right to supply the cross for the first goal.

That's where Brunt is dangerous not in the middle of the park.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1642 on: October 03, 2018, 11:26:30 PM »
Darren is getting way too much stick for my liking given the results to date. For sure he needs to sort out the defence and maybe give Barry an extended run instead of alternating with Brunt. But with 27 goals scored in 11 games I am absolutely loving it.
He’s a new boss with things to learn but wow this is entertaining !

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1643 on: October 04, 2018, 12:11:41 AM »
1 defeat in 10 and some want him gone

:-[

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1644 on: October 04, 2018, 12:13:44 AM »
Totally agree KN.
Who was it who said,the harder I practice the luckier I get.
I'm full of praise for what our club has achieved since relegation,fantastic effort from all concerned.
Brilliant entertainment not seen for years.
Love it.
All this chat about our defence,I agree it needs working on the training field,but no team has thrashed us.
The team will be up for the next game and hopefully another three points.
Don't forget we keep picking up points that's the main thing and let's take it one game at a time don't look to far down the road.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1645 on: October 04, 2018, 12:14:52 AM »
I've just remembered who said it,it was Gary Player,the golfer.
Its so very true.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1646 on: October 04, 2018, 12:28:16 AM »

Even Matt Wilson? A fan with a journalism degree? I don't get your point, it was obvious what the changes were.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1647 on: October 04, 2018, 02:16:37 AM »
I think some of us are becoming like vile fans and think we have a divine right to go back up.

The teams we are playing are used to this division and more importantly the rigours of Saturday then Wednesday games.

To expect to turn up at sheff wed and expect us to batter then is ridiculous as these teams are usually a few points behind us and they are at home.

It sickens me to read comments like this division is dross as it is not, as it has a lot of competitive teams who have spent heavily over the years trying to go up.

The defence is worrying but the positives are we don't throw in the towel and we get that crucial away point to which helps us get the average 2 points per game we need.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1648 on: October 04, 2018, 05:35:51 AM »
I think he's clearly a favourite - the two have known each other for years. The very fact he came here from an MLS club at his age says a lot, he wouldn't have got near another Championship club other than ours (I would much rather have Edwards, Leko or Burke start ahead of him) - and I don't think either 3 are fantastic.

Not for me. None of them have any defensive knowledge whatsoever.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1649 on: October 04, 2018, 06:41:09 AM »
The defending is abysmal and I think it could cost us id Darren Moore doesn't get it addressed in the transfer window.
As dingle don said last night it would be almost impossible to finish in the top two with a goals against like ours.

But I tell you what, we can never be accused of being boring can we.
Keep it going boys
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'