Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854423 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1400 on: September 15, 2018, 07:30:43 PM »
I think Dave and jonesy are on the right track,we are picking up points and getting a bit of luck for a change, it seems today's results leave us handily placed in 8 place,what's the problem?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1401 on: September 15, 2018, 07:38:46 PM »
I think Dave and jonesy are on the right track,we are picking up points and getting a bit of luck for a change, it seems today's results leave us handily placed in 8 place,what's the problem?

Agree, as most fans with realistic asperations for this seasons would also go along with
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1402 on: September 15, 2018, 08:12:59 PM »
Agree, as most fans with realistic asperations for this seasons would also go along with
Whats our realistic aspirations please tell me?

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1403 on: September 15, 2018, 08:37:59 PM »

There's utterly no excuse to not finish top 4 this season. You need a bit of luck, so 4th would be annoying, but not a "bad" season from DM. If we finish outside the top 6 DM needs replacing. There's just no excuse to not finish top 6 at the utterly outside edge least this season.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1404 on: September 15, 2018, 10:13:46 PM »

Just because some results have gone away does not mean the glaring weaknesses in our side should be over looked..
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1405 on: September 15, 2018, 10:17:13 PM »

Moore can't pass the ball for the back 3.

I agree with your sentiment - those players should take more responsibility for their own performances.

However, there is no doubt Moore is trying to use a style of football which does not suit the three centre backs we have.

More concerningly is that he has recruited Bartley and then tried to shoe-horn him into a footballing defender.

It's like watching Mowbray and Leon Barnett all over again.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1406 on: September 15, 2018, 10:20:56 PM »
I'm sorry but DM needs to stick with what he is doing and trying to change the footballing philosophy at the club. What he needs is the time and the players to do this and unfortunately, at the moment, he is struggling with both. We are reliant on the back three to be competent enough to pass to our own players and they're not showing that. Our midfield needs to get better control of games and our strikers need to make themselves more available. Whilst it isn't happening (yet) we still aren't losing touch with the top half of the table so we're doing something right.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1407 on: September 15, 2018, 10:50:46 PM »
No.  He has to learn that we need to improve.
We need to defend, and then get our midfield to do their job.

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1408 on: September 15, 2018, 10:57:57 PM »
I think the defending has improved drastically. The problem is we are giving the ball away in terrible areas and are often forced into  defensive situations that leave us stretched and exposed.

As has been mentioned above the problem is the ball retention and passing to another Albion team mate.

Please DM, just please play Gareth Barry from the start on Tuesday. The guy just oozes quality. Maybe he can't do it for 90 minutes at his age but let's get on the front foot and substitute him at the end of the game.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1409 on: September 16, 2018, 03:04:29 PM »
I think the defending has improved drastically.

Just choked on my lunch reading this. No clean sheet this season, lucky not to concede 3 or 4 on Friday. 3 penalties conceded in 7 games. The defending has been criminal this season and Friday was as bad as it has ever been. Thankfully Blues finishing was non-league standard.

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1410 on: September 16, 2018, 03:14:27 PM »
Just choked on my lunch reading this. No clean sheet this season, lucky not to concede 3 or 4 on Friday. 3 penalties conceded in 7 games. The defending has been criminal this season and Friday was as bad as it has ever been. Thankfully Blues finishing was non-league standard.

Nice of you to quote only part of my post and take it completely out of context to suit your point.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1411 on: September 16, 2018, 03:41:23 PM »
Nice of you to quote only part of my post and take it completely out of context to suit your point.

For what it's worth I agree with you that Barry should be starting. But let's be realistic, our defending this season has been woeful.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1412 on: September 16, 2018, 04:22:15 PM »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1413 on: September 17, 2018, 01:25:06 AM »
Just read some of the comments on twitter after an article posted about Moore. You would think we were bottom with no points...Friday was rubbish but we still got a point. The results at the weekend showed what a weird and difficult league it is.
Norwich (who we beat) lost to Boro
Leeds late draw at Millwall
Derby lost at Rotherham
QPR who we beat 7-1 lost to Bolton who beat us :)

There will be ups and downs along the way, not even October yet. 7 games gone and 3 points off second.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1414 on: September 17, 2018, 01:59:03 AM »
Just read some of the comments on twitter after an article posted about Moore. You would think we were bottom with no points...Friday was rubbish but we still got a point. The results at the weekend showed what a weird and difficult league it is.
Norwich (who we beat) lost to Boro
Leeds late draw at Millwall
Derby lost at Rotherham
QPR who we beat 7-1 lost to Bolton who beat us :)

There will be ups and downs along the way, not even October yet. 7 games gone and 3 points off second.

QPR beat Bolton.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:45:03 AM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1415 on: September 17, 2018, 07:15:46 AM »

how much context is required for a statement saying our defending has improved dramatically?? I see no signs of our defending improving at all. I had hoped the reintroduction of Dawson would have made a significant difference by adding some organisational to the headless chicken party that Bartley and Hegazzi have every match day - thus far sadly no such luck. that added to using players at wing back who are simply not wing backs (Philips) - or out of depth (townsend) is a major cause for concern. As the fact that there is nothing in the squad that will enable us to change things much

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1416 on: September 17, 2018, 01:23:46 PM »
I just hope that Darren and Graeme read this board. That way they can pick up
tips and insights they otherwise would likely overlook or fail to recognise.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1417 on: September 17, 2018, 01:55:45 PM »
how much context is required for a statement saying our defending has improved dramatically?? I see no signs of our defending improving at all. I had hoped the reintroduction of Dawson would have made a significant difference by adding some organisational to the headless chicken party that Bartley and Hegazzi have every match day - thus far sadly no such luck. that added to using players at wing back who are simply not wing backs (Philips) - or out of depth (townsend) is a major cause for concern. As the fact that there is nothing in the squad that will enable us to change things much

Wouldn't agree with this. Phillips has looked one of our most dangerous players this season and looks high in confidence, is scoring and setting up goals.

Townsend looked solid in the games he played before Friday (including come on against Norwich) and a lot of us would have been happy to see him start over Gibbs. He looked shaky at times on Friday but I wouldn't say he is out of his depth at all. Give the kid a chance.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1418 on: September 17, 2018, 02:28:27 PM »
Phillips isn't a wing back, though, is the point I am assuming he was trying to make. Phillips on the right of a 3 man attack would be absolutely lethal with the form he is in, he should not have to be concerned with defending, let him take the game to the opposition.

Townsend is a poor wing back, he is clearly a left back who is playing out of position whenever Gibbs is unable to play.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1419 on: September 17, 2018, 02:31:41 PM »

I am not sure what Darren sees in Barkley, he looks like an accident waiting to happen to me. There can be no excuse for that handball, and he gets too physical at set pieces with the opposition which is going to cost us soon. My concern is that his 'clumsiness' is being transmitted to Hegazi and Dawson.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 03:12:15 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1420 on: September 17, 2018, 05:08:54 PM »

QPR beat Bolton.

Sorry that’s what I meant...:)

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1421 on: September 17, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »
Personally, I think we should always play 4 at the back. Three CDs doesn't suit us, especially ones who cannot distribute well. We often look too stretched at the back. I hope that tomorrow's game will show an improvement in defence, seeing how our head coach was a defender...

Also, Field needs to be played in MF, and I don't see why Brunt and Gibbs couldn't do a job on the left. Brunt is no good in MF, so overlapping with Gibbs would work in my opinion. The only concern is his legs.

With regards our aim for the season, promotion should be number one for us all. I'm not of the opinion that we should settle for a mid-table finish. I want us to be financially stable so we can always compete. I'd hate for us to get into trouble and have embargos and points deductions due to finance. The only place you get the money is in the PL. Look at some of the teams around us who have narrowly avoided punishments. Fair enough, some of them may be about the owner, but playing in the second and third tier of football won't help them.

I just checked the Championship table, and 18 of the 24 teams who compete in it have at some point played in the PL. I'd hate for us to turn into a Bolton, Blues, Blackburn etc.

Moore needs to wise-up with regards use of subs and consider using different players. It pains me to say it, but with the amount of games we have coming up, it only takes a couple of losses and we've lost touch with the top. If by Christmas we're in the play offs then I think Moore will be ok, but if we're not then fans could start turning and pressure could mount for him to be replaced.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1422 on: September 18, 2018, 11:11:57 AM »
Personally, I think we should always play 4 at the back. Three CDs doesn't suit us, especially ones who cannot distribute well. We often look too stretched at the back. I hope that tomorrow's game will show an improvement in defence, seeing how our head coach was a defender...

Also, Field needs to be played in MF, and I don't see why Brunt and Gibbs couldn't do a job on the left. Brunt is no good in MF, so overlapping with Gibbs would work in my opinion. The only concern is his legs.

With regards our aim for the season, promotion should be number one for us all. I'm not of the opinion that we should settle for a mid-table finish. I want us to be financially stable so we can always compete. I'd hate for us to get into trouble and have embargos and points deductions due to finance. The only place you get the money is in the PL. Look at some of the teams around us who have narrowly avoided punishments. Fair enough, some of them may be about the owner, but playing in the second and third tier of football won't help them.

I just checked the Championship table, and 18 of the 24 teams who compete in it have at some point played in the PL. I'd hate for us to turn into a Bolton, Blues, Blackburn etc.

Moore needs to wise-up with regards use of subs and consider using different players. It pains me to say it, but with the amount of games we have coming up, it only takes a couple of losses and we've lost touch with the top. If by Christmas we're in the play offs then I think Moore will be ok, but if we're not then fans could start turning and pressure could mount for him to be replaced.

Of course I agree that promotion is our main aim, currently the same for nearly every club in the division and as long as we are in the mix I think I'm going to enjoy this rollercoaster ride of a season.  In regards to money; I also agree that the only place you get the money is in the PL but unfortunately most of it ends up in the pocket of players and agents.  Don't forget that last year was the first time we have had to use our overdraft option.   If we don't go up I am hoping that we can use the parachute money more sensibly in this division, to keep us towards the top of the pack and build a squad capable of playing good football and challenging again next year.  Of course, I'm not overly confident in our ability to do that after our summer business......the rumoured bids around Dack and Tevernier were positive signs of ambition, but neither came off and that may be an issue again in Jan.  There can be no doubt that to play the way Darren Moore wants we do need additional quality to come into the club, players who are adept at passing the ball and playing out under pressure. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:14:08 AM by Oldbury24 »

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1423 on: September 18, 2018, 09:59:24 PM »
3rd in the league

Let's replace the manage aye

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1424 on: September 18, 2018, 10:08:12 PM »
3rd in the league

Let's replace the manage aye
Once again, we won today in spite of his tactics and in-game management, not because of it.