Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854357 times)

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1300 on: September 01, 2018, 08:34:42 AM »
There isn't a football manager around who doesn't have favoured players , certainly not in my time watching the Albion anyway.
As I recall, a lot of people have criticised them for it as well.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1301 on: September 01, 2018, 09:41:14 AM »
As I recall, a lot of people have criticised them for it as well.
Exactly which makes that part of your post even more vague to be honest , day in day out football that is.
Sure I posted more  in that in reply too.... :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:44:19 AM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1302 on: September 01, 2018, 10:39:39 AM »
Exactly which makes that part of your post even more vague to be honest , day in day out football that is.
Sure I posted more  in that in reply too.... :)
As a former no-nonsense central defender I (obviously naively) expected Darren to be part of a new breed which makes fair, rational and objective decisions when picking the side.

I didn't answer your comment about the style of play because how we play is irrelevant to the original point I made.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1303 on: September 01, 2018, 11:49:40 AM »
Well, at least I explained my reasoning, whereas you've just posted a one-liner.

One thing I expected above else from Darren is that we would get honesty, integrity and no bias from him above all else. Sad to say, the evidence of the season so far has shown this not to be the case.
It's obvious you didn't want Darren as Head Coach, as I recall your choice was Thomas Tuchel, well dream on, on that one. And at every opportunity since his appointment you've had a snip at him as you don't consider him to be the attack minded coach you wanted. You’ve said words to the effect “he has my support”, but here we are five league games into the season, he has a 40% win rate and you make this post.

He appears to be a yes man for Lai and Jenkins,
I think Mourinho said this week that there was no problem with him and the Man United Board; does that make him a yes man? There are politics at play in every club, Darren and our club are no different in that respect and you call into question his honesty and integrity.

he says that he's happy with poor perfomances, talks up players but doesn't reflect that with actions.
He is a professional and is looking at the game from a different prospective than supporters, his livelihood depends on it. When I was at school my English Teacher, who was also our football coach was an ex-Nottingham Forest player and he always said the player without the ball is just as important as the player with the ball. Just because a player isn’t dominating the ball doesn’t mean he’s having a bad game, he can influence play in many other ways and if a player is fulfilling the role that the Head Coach has assigned him within the team framework, then the Head Coach is right to acknowledge that and if the team have performed to an acceptable level based on his tactics, he is right to acknowledge that as well, but show me where he has said he is “happy with poor performance” and you call into question his honesty and integrity for doing what every Head Coach / Manager does week in and week out. Very few managers are critical of their players in public after a game, because these same players have to play for him in the next match and the next match et al and if they don’t perform, the sack is not far off for the Head Coach. How would you feel if your boss, in front of your pier group, subordinates and customers was openly critical of your performance?

and he picks players based on who they are, rather than what form they're in and/or what they bring to the team/position.
He selects the team based on what he considers will give us the best opportunity of winning. He sees them training during the week and I doubt he has favourites, but he acknowledges and respects experience in what is a tough and completive league and has the right to select who he thinks will give us the best chance of being completive in it. It may not be your choice or mine, but don’t call into question his honesty and integrity for doing his job the best he can

Add to that his baffling decisions on substitutions and I have to admit that I expected more from him than has been delivered so far.
His substitutions may be baffling to you, but they make sense to him and his tactical game plan. Substitutions are normally planned in advance of the game and discussed amongst the coaches; there will be a range of options based on how the game is developing, injuries obviously alter options, but you can’t really legislate for who is going to get injured and how that effects the game plan and tactics, also there’s the old adage, “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” and the Head Coach gets to decide on that one as well.

I just hope that the influence of Graeme Jones increases so as to address some of these failings.
Credit to Darren for appointing someone he knows and trust and someone with greater experience than he has himself, I think that of itself displays honesty and integrity on the part of Darren. And know another disservice to Darren “failings”, five games into the season. I seem to recall you heralded the appointment of Alan Pardew as you perceived him to be an attacking coach, well that went well. The difference is you were prepared to give Pardew more time and I can’t recall you calling his honesty and integrity into question, when he may well have been more deserving of your angst.

So, I ask again, based on your statement about his honesty and integrity “Sad to say, the evidence of the season so far has shown this not to be the case.” Where is the evidence for this, because I have seen nothing in your post to substantiate that statement?

Fans will always criticise Head Coaches / Managers, but I think a line is crossed if, without substantial evidence, their honesty and integrity are called into question when they are doing the job to the best of their ability and with the resources available to him.

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1304 on: September 01, 2018, 12:26:47 PM »
at every opportunity since his appointment you've had a snip at him as you don't consider him to be the attack minded coach you wanted. You’ve said words to the effect “he has my support”, but here we are five league games into the season, he has a 40% win rate and you make this post.
You're ranting like I've called for Darren to be sacked, which I haven't done, unlike some others. You must have also missed where I wrote "so far". Like I've said, I call everything as I see it at the time, good or bad. The forum would be a bit dull if everything was given 6 months before anyone commented.

You obviously just want to justify everything as being good, that's your choice. For example, you obviously think it's absolutely fine and sensible to continue playing Brunt in a position in which he's worse than ineffective and I don't. That's a choice to which you're entitled, but I don't have to answer to you for the views that I hold.

I don't have the time or energy to respond to the rest of your post (but thank you for taking the trouble to post it), other than that I find your knowledge of my historical posts (some of your comments about which I would dispute if I had the aforementioned time/energy) a bit creepy to be perfectly honest. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:34:49 PM by WorcsWBA »

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1305 on: September 01, 2018, 12:48:24 PM »
As a former no-nonsense central defender I (obviously naively) expected Darren to be part of a new breed which makes fair, rational and objective decisions when picking the side.

I didn't answer your comment about the style of play because how we play is irrelevant to the original point I made.
Your original post refers to poor performances and baffling subs , both to do with playing/ playing style from where I'm stood . As with my origjnal reply , I think he needs at least 15 games before things as strong as  you first posted hit the forums .
For whats its worth Im a bit bothered by a few things but I wouldn't question a rookie over how conducts himself straight away . I wouldn't think Jenkins is ideal to work with either for a newbie.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 02:16:00 PM by Dexy »

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1306 on: September 01, 2018, 01:22:17 PM »
You're ranting like I've called for Darren to be sacked, which I haven't done, unlike some others. You must have also missed where I wrote "so far". Like I've said, I call everything as I see it at the time, good or bad. The forum would be a bit dull if everything was given 6 months before anyone commented.

The thing I didn’t miss was questioning his honesty and integrity, no problem at all with comments it’s the, just the honesty and integrity for doing his job.

You obviously just want to justify everything as being good, that's your choice. For example, you obviously think it's absolutely fine and sensible to continue playing Brunt in a position in which he's worse than ineffective and I don't. That's a choice to which you're entitled, but I don't have to answer to you for the views that I hold.

I suggest, you re read all my post if that is your perception

I don't have the time or energy to respond to the rest of your post (but thank you for taking the trouble to post it), other than that I find your knowledge of my historical posts (some of your comments about which I would dispute if I had the aforementioned time/energy) a bit creepy to be perfectly honest.

I think your posts below are contradictory to what you write above and previous posts on Darren
21st November
Welcome to The Hawthorns Alan, I'm certain there are some exciting times ahead!

28th November
So, whilst Pardew wasn't my choice, I would urge everyone to put aside their prejudices about him and judge him on what he does during his time with us, rather than writing him off at the outset.

29th November
What a breath of fresh air - I hope the positivity he's exuding soon brings some rewards.

You are quick to defend Pardew and post comments to another member (wigmore) who dared to question Pardew’s appointment
30th November
Fast forward to the appointment of Alan Pardew and you've had absolutely nothing to say about him so far apart from withering and sarcastic comments.

1st December
There are some who thought Pulis shouldn't be judged yet despite having been here for 5 transfer windows, so it doesn't seem like you're willing to give Pardew any time at all really.

5th December
Can you really not see the plainly obvious signs of improvement since AP arrived?

17th December
Everything AP says, both before and after games, has made eminent sense so far, so I have every faith that he'll get things going in the right direction sooner rather than later.

17th December
It's pointless speculating what AP might do when players are fit again, let's judge him based on what he actually does, eh?

17th December
I think AP deserves to be cut some slack and I believe that things will come good with him at the helm.

24th December
At this point in time I think we need to get behind him, because he is trying to improve our play and performances.

Its just a shame you didn't write similarly about Darren
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1307 on: September 01, 2018, 02:10:48 PM »
Thought Darren would be more progressive in intergrating younger player's into first team.  :o that only change for Stoke Dawson in for city kid. Midfield continues to be a problem and if coaches cannot see this then we are in for a long season.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1308 on: September 01, 2018, 02:27:44 PM »
Moore isn't learning based on that team selection. Selecting players based on name and reputation rather than ability and form. Harper MOTM in the cup and out of the squad. Brunt and Livermore poor in all 5 games start again. Townsend excellent in all his games, out of the squad because he's not part of the old guard. Same with Tosin.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 04:23:49 PM by maccbaggie »

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1309 on: September 01, 2018, 02:51:01 PM »
Selecting players based on name and reputation rather than ability and form. Harper MOTM in the cup and out of the squad. Brunt and Livermore poor in all 5 games start again.

Spot on. I think patience is starting to run thin with Livermore and Brunt getting guaranteed starting places in central midfield. One of the few highlights of relegation was more game time for the likes of Harper and yet nothing has changed. Harper should have at least been on the bench. Pressure to win today's game or questions are going to be asked.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1310 on: September 01, 2018, 02:57:19 PM »
The fans will turn against Jenkins and lai.

I don't think the fans will turn against Moore at all. 90% of our fan base can see it's not
His fault
keep picking players that are not performing is his fault cant keep blaming jenkins and lai, he coaches the players he picks the team, worse defensive performances for years and cm shocking that is down to DM but lets blame jenkins.nobody knows who Darren Moore wanted and didnt want he might have made all decisions but just a puppet

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1311 on: September 01, 2018, 05:07:21 PM »
Doing an excellent job, teams decent on the ball which is mad considering it’s mainly the same team

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1312 on: September 01, 2018, 05:18:35 PM »
Tactically inept according to some  :o

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1313 on: September 01, 2018, 05:25:44 PM »
Tactically inept according to some  :o

First 2 games were pretty bad, since Graeme jones came in it’s been excellent

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1314 on: September 01, 2018, 05:31:42 PM »
Brunt and Livermore played well today so that will continue. I felt tactically today the only problems were the faffing at the back when Stoke pressed defenders.

The Bartleys and Hegazis of this world aren't going to be overly good when pressured.

Can't argue with the top 3 and the wingers today. You'd think Harper and Townsend had done enough to be on the bench but we've come away with 3 points having been by far the better team today. We had an iffy 10 mins first half when Bartley and Johnstone went a bit loopy with their decision making.

Second half the defence were far better and ate up everything they hit us with from the wings.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1315 on: September 01, 2018, 05:36:25 PM »
Moore isn't learning based on that team selection. Selecting players based on name and reputation rather than ability and form. Harper MOTM in the cup and out of the squad. Brunt and Livermore poor in all 5 games start again. Townsend excellent in all his games, out of the squad because he's not part of the old guard. Same with Tosin.

Livermore was good against Norwich and excellent against QPR oh and Livermore man of match with Gayle today :) Its a funny old game.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1316 on: September 01, 2018, 05:37:25 PM »
First 2 games were pretty bad, since Graeme jones came in it’s been excellent

Beat Poch, Mourinho and Benitez and drew with Klopp before Jones :)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1317 on: September 01, 2018, 05:47:25 PM »
He needs to work on his sustitutions.

Again they were nonsensical.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1318 on: September 01, 2018, 05:49:34 PM »
All new systems have teething problems. He’s not only changing tactics from 3 years of Pulis/Pardew but he’s trying to change ethos of the club.

These things take time.

If we can stay in touch of the top of the table until Jan when we can strengthen then we’re in a good position.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1319 on: September 01, 2018, 05:52:18 PM »

100%
Should have had leko or Burke on for one of the front men to keep stretching them. So many gaps at the end but Rodriquez and hrk don't have any pace to exploit it.
Holding 2-0 is why it finished 2-1 we would have been better going for the third...

Having said that we have 10 points from 6 games with +7 GD and we have played boro forest and stoke who will all be in the top 7/8 imo we have a "kinder" run of games so it looks promisingly
O Albion we love you

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1320 on: September 01, 2018, 05:55:23 PM »
Young lad making his first game for Swansea, straight red for a potential leg breaker...some are rash, some aren't.

We need to slowly put them in. Which we've been doing so far in the cup, they will get further chances.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1321 on: September 01, 2018, 05:58:23 PM »

HRK has already scored twice this season coming off the bench. He's not great but you can see why Moore would bring him on.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1322 on: September 01, 2018, 07:46:58 PM »

Baking hot in the stands. must have been even worse on the pitch. Even the refs assistant had to ask for water.

Nonsensical? why?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1323 on: September 01, 2018, 07:48:49 PM »
We worked really hard and looked a bit knackered last ten minutes or so. Hardly surprising it must have been hot as hell on that pitch.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1324 on: September 01, 2018, 09:02:31 PM »
Moore is very quickly laying to rest one of the fears I had that he would play negative hoofball. It might not be seamless at times but he is trying to play an attacking style of football. For this alone he has my undying gratitude.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:24:12 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.