Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854353 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1275 on: August 31, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
Fore that's the problem ATM,every game has been on the edge of your seat stuff,QPR accepted, and that just tells me we have a very soft underbelly that has not been addressed and will stop us beating bog standard teams in this league,January will be far too late to right the wrongs with inflated prices

When Tony Mowbray was here in the chumps there was lots of edge of seat stuff, but most times we came out on top, as long as we do that its fine by me. I'd rather be on the edge of my seat than bored bloody rigid, Its not results at any price for me, sorry !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1276 on: August 31, 2018, 02:10:25 PM »
The fans will turn against Jenkins and lai.

I don't think the fans will turn against Moore at all. 90% of our fan base can see it's not
His fault

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1277 on: August 31, 2018, 02:11:49 PM »
Your obviously of the glass half full persuasion, nothing wrong with that.
Its a game of opinions you have yours I have mine.
Just for the record the BBC website stats say they had 4 shots on target, so they could have had 3 or 4 goals.

fair enough hadn't seen the BBC report, the ones I'd seen said 3 on target. As you say all about opinions.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1278 on: August 31, 2018, 02:13:59 PM »
When Tony Mowbray was here in the chumps there was lots of edge of seat stuff, but most times we came out on top, as long as we do that its fine by me. I'd rather be on the edge of my seat than bored bloody rigid, Its not results at any price for me, sorry !

I looked back at this the other day. We amassed only 81 points yet still won the league (drawing 12 and losing 11). I can't see us being as fluent as back then but we will hammer some of the lesser sides at home. I just think we'll struggle to break down anyone half decent as been proven so far this season.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1279 on: August 31, 2018, 02:42:20 PM »
I looked back at this the other day. We amassed only 81 points yet still won the league (drawing 12 and losing 11). I can't see us being as fluent as back then but we will hammer some of the lesser sides at home. I just think we'll struggle to break down anyone half decent as been proven so far this season.

Graeme Jones nailed it for me, Wins are what count in the chumps, I think (and hope) we will be going for it a lot more this season, especially at home.
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1280 on: August 31, 2018, 02:45:35 PM »
Graeme Jones nailed it for me, Wins are what count in the chumps, I think (and hope) we will be going for it a lot more this season, especially at home.

So we've chased a bloke all round Europe since the end of last season for him to state the bleedin obvious?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1281 on: August 31, 2018, 02:46:58 PM »
So we've chased a bloke all round Europe since the end of last season for him to state the bleedin obvious?

Wasn't "bleedin obvious" to the Esteemed Tony Pulis was it ?
Albion Family !!!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1282 on: August 31, 2018, 02:51:10 PM »
I keep logging on every 10 minutes to see if Moore has signed anyone. I know I am wasting my time but with two hours and 10 minutes to go before the window closes I can still hope!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1283 on: August 31, 2018, 02:56:02 PM »

did he manage us in the Championship?
Just my opinion but the Esteemed One' engineered his move out of here.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1284 on: August 31, 2018, 02:58:23 PM »

not defending Pulis but it was a different league with a different expectation. Draws aren't too bad when you are trying to stay in a division but not much use when you are trying to get promoted (which was Jones' point).

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1285 on: August 31, 2018, 03:02:20 PM »
A couple of things coming from Darren's lips worry me a bit.
"Gareth Barry has a big part to play this season" For me that should be a "bit part", even though I watched him orchestrate our young players very well in the first half on Tuesday night.
Problem is he tired so badly in the second half, which I think was the main reason for Mansfield basically overrunning us as the game wore on.
Personally I think that if we are going to rely on messr's Barry, Brunt, and Morrison to play a big part for us this season then we will be in trouble.
I also think that Darren is also over-doing the "we are one" "all in this together" lark a bit too much. Hoping that Albion supporters "remember Saido's goals and his performances" is a bit too much for me to stomach I am afraid.
Some things better left unsaid I think Darren.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1286 on: August 31, 2018, 03:14:33 PM »
Overall Darren hasn't had to bad a start to the season points wise especially with his hand tied behind his back in the transfer market, its his substitutions were he needs grow & as to learn when & how to use them more wisely. 7/10

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1287 on: August 31, 2018, 04:59:47 PM »
One thing I expected above else from Darren is that we would get honesty, integrity and no bias from him above all else. Sad to say, the evidence of the season so far has shown this not to be the case. He appears to be a yes man for Lai and Jenkins, he says that he's happy with poor perfomances, talks up players but doesn't reflect that with actions and he picks players based on who they are, rather than what form they're in and/or what they bring to the team/position.

Add to that his baffling decisions on substitutions and I have to admit that I expected more from him than has been delivered so far. I just hope that the influence of Graeme Jones increases so as to address some of these failings.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:16:37 PM by WorcsWBA »

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1288 on: August 31, 2018, 05:10:39 PM »
We have a manager who managed around 13 professional games who has had no real support in recruitment (no technical director) for a while no chairman and has had to rebuild an old squad and start to form a new identity. I think the 2 former incumbents in the dugout should have the finger pointed at them for our current problems much more than Moore.
He doesn’t seem to be being helped by those above him and has had “model pros” act like children.
I for one am prepared to give him time and think considering he is being asked to do a job with his hands tied is doing alright.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1289 on: August 31, 2018, 05:18:28 PM »
Totally agree with you Sir tony,and we paid off the two previous jokers as well for the privilege.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1290 on: August 31, 2018, 05:41:19 PM »
One thing I expected above else from Darren is that we would get honesty, integrity and no bias from him above all else. Sad to say, the evidence of the season so far has shown this not to be the case. He appears to be a yes man for Lai and Jenkins, he says that he's happy with poor perfomances, talks up players but doesn't reflect that with actions and he picks players based on who they are, rather than what form they're in and/or what they bring to the team/position.

Add to that his baffling decisions on substitutions and I have to admit that I expected more from him than has been delivered so far. I just hope that the influence of Graeme Jones increases so as to address some of these failings.

I think that is a harsh assessment, calling his honest and integrity into question. You don't know anymore than the rest of us or do you?

He is an employee of an organisation, like you no doubt are and I was. You have to toe the party line in public even if you don't like or agree with decisions. But, who knows what he says behind closed doors and how he has influenced things, who knows without him it could be worse. Additionally, he is trying to hold the club together and unite it in what are difficult circumstances that he has inherited.

Would you have him resign and we go back to minus square 10? What then? And how committed would the next incumbent be to do as you want, and the next one and the next one as they all throw the towel in or are sacked because they openly disagree with the owner? Where then?

No one is immune to criticism, but let it be based on fact, because I haven't heard him be anything other than honest, there are parameters he has to work within, he has the best interest of the club at heart without doubt, but it doesn't suit everybody, obviously.

No doubt your comments were borne out of frustration, which is understandable, but I hope you would reconsider calling his honesty and integrity into question

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1291 on: August 31, 2018, 06:16:35 PM »
No doubt your comments were borne out of frustration, which is understandable, but I hope you would reconsider calling his honesty and integrity into question
I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed then. I seek to be objective in all of my opinions and try to explain my viewpoint. If something's good I'll say it is and if something's bad I'll say that too. I don't do happy clapping, because I regard that as taking a path towards mediocrity and stagnation.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1292 on: August 31, 2018, 06:26:11 PM »
I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed then. I seek to be objective in all of my opinions and try to explain my viewpoint. If something's good I'll say it is and if something's bad I'll say that too. I don't do happy clapping, because I regard that as taking a path towards mediocrity and stagnation.

I'm never disappointed by fans these days for many obvious reasons.

So, you have evidence, as you alluded to in your earlier post, of his dishonesty and lack of integrity? Are you able to share that with us?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Canmore Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1293 on: August 31, 2018, 07:18:12 PM »

If you delete the part in bold I think you sum up very accurately the frustration of many of us - myself included. I would never question DM's integrity, but I do question his ability to lead the club where it needs to be. He has my support, but not without concern, and the longer he persists with the same tactics, personnel and substitutions the more concerned I become.

Definitely a question of ability though, and not one of integrity.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1294 on: August 31, 2018, 07:44:17 PM »
So, you have evidence, as you alluded to in your earlier post, of his dishonesty and lack of integrity? Are you able to share that with us?
I explained the reasons behind my viewpoint in my original post.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1295 on: August 31, 2018, 07:46:17 PM »
Definitely a question of ability though, and not one of integrity.
Having sacred cows in your team selection demonstrates a lack of integrity in my book.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1296 on: August 31, 2018, 07:47:38 PM »
I explained the reasons behind my viewpoint in my original post.

Then I think your post is dishonest and lacks integrity as you accused Darren of being
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1297 on: August 31, 2018, 08:54:18 PM »

He's only a handful of games into a new season , he's trying to bed a passing game in ( which you wanted If I remember ) . I raise my eyebrows at a few things but to question his honesty , integrity and bias at this stage is  far fetched for me . There isn't a football manager around who doesn't have favoured players , certainly not in my time watching the Albion anyway.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1298 on: September 01, 2018, 08:06:26 AM »
In my opinion (all I have) , Darren is as honest as the day is long. He's trying to do his best. So far, he's shown signs of learning, developing and by brining in Jones, he's shown he wants gone elope a more passing and attacking bass game. We've seen this in the goals count (+\-!).

Like any manager we need to see after about 15 games how things are developing. Unlike any manager, he really understands the club (good and bad) plus loves it. Those last two bits means a lot to me anyway.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1299 on: September 01, 2018, 08:32:15 AM »
Then I think your post is dishonest and lacks integrity as you accused Darren of being
Well, at least I explained my reasoning, whereas you've just posted a one-liner.