Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854412 times)

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1000 on: August 11, 2018, 09:36:06 AM »
Middlesbrough seem to be after the sort of players I thought  we'd be after. Strange that Pulis's signings for Palace and Boro aren't as carp as the signings Albion made while he was here. Maybe they weren't his signings. Meanwhile this window is the worst since we signed HRK. ******** to them

Middlesbrough have had a terrible window. Lost many very good players and signed mainly defenders. Pulis is already making excuses and their fans are showing signs of getting restless. They're in a worse place than us.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1001 on: August 11, 2018, 09:40:57 AM »

Middlesbrough have had a terrible window. Lost many very good players and signed mainly defenders. Pulis is already making excuses and their fans are showing signs of getting restless. They're in a worse place than us.
watched their game against Sheffield United and they seemed happy enough.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1002 on: August 11, 2018, 10:05:42 AM »
No matter who we appointed as Head Coach this year had to be given time the culture change Moore is talking about won't happen overnight and unless we are prepared to invest a season in it things won't change.

I expect things to gradually improve as the season progresses. There are issues with the balance of the squad and frankly we still don't have a functioning midfield how much of this is down to Moore is debatable his hands are tied by the players we have under contract and let's face it for the most part there wasn't a queue of clubs willing to pay money for them.

Moore may well be able to supplement what he has with a few loan signings  and that will help the situation. However once that option has closed at the end of the month he will have to make what he has work. I suspect that process won't be a smooth one and the lineup will evolve over the coming weeks and months.  It is plain that Moore is no fool  and his rather avuncular public persona belies inner steel which he has needed to achieve what he has already achieved in the game. If the players aren't delivering then I suspect they will find out there is a ruthless side to his personality.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1003 on: August 11, 2018, 10:37:04 AM »
 :(
No matter who we appointed as Head Coach this year had to be given time the culture change Moore is talking about won't happen overnight and unless we are prepared to invest a season in it things won't change.

I expect things to gradually improve as the season progresses. There are issues with the balance of the squad and frankly we still don't have a functioning midfield how much of this is down to Moore is debatable his hands are tied by the players we have under contract and let's face it for the most part there wasn't a queue of clubs willing to pay money for them.

Moore may well be able to supplement what he has with a few loan signings  and that will help the situation. However once that option has closed at the end of the month he will have to make what he has work. I suspect that process won't be a smooth one and the lineup will evolve over the coming weeks and months.  It is plain that Moore is no fool  and his rather avuncular public persona belies inner steel which he has needed to achieve what he has already achieved in the game. If the players aren't delivering then I suspect they will find out there is a ruthless side to his personality.
I agree with the assessment of Darren Moore. He may not appear to be the most educated in interviews etc but he is a thinking character who is very determined and honest. Ok he's not an experienced manager (head coach) but he is a football man who has spent his life in the game. I think he will come good and hope it's with us. He'll make mistakes along the way but learn from them unlike other more experienced managers that we have had who seem to be set in their ways.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1004 on: August 11, 2018, 10:56:45 AM »
I dont buy into the opinion we needed a more experienced manager.

Remember, we had Pulis. He left this mess.

Cant get more experienced than that.

Give the guy a chance.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1005 on: August 11, 2018, 11:55:01 AM »
I'm hoping that Jones will have an increasing influence on Darren Moore. Lets see how it goes today with the lessons (hopefully) learned from Forest.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1006 on: August 11, 2018, 11:58:26 AM »

Give the guy a chance.

I concur.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1007 on: August 11, 2018, 12:10:05 PM »
People need to look at the squad Pulis inherited and then see where we were when he left.

Likewise with Moore, you can't judge this squad now against him. Not in my opinion.

I have confidence in him he just has some steep learning curves to contend with.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1008 on: August 11, 2018, 02:17:44 PM »
We needed drastic changes to the team but we just haven't had them, some of that isn't his fault, but persisting with 4-4-2 with Brunt in the middle most certainly is. Against decent teams we will never win the midfield battle, against poor teams, we will struggle to break them down.

Even when he was younger, Brunt always struggled to play central midfield, and certainly never in a midfield two. Expecting him to be capable of that twice a week at 33 years old is just strange.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1009 on: August 11, 2018, 02:20:03 PM »

Give the guy a chance.

The argument to counter that though is that it was inexperience that led to us needing Pulis in the first place. Hopefully with Jones who has  been around a while alongside Moore it may help him see things that everyone else seems to be aware of apart from Moore himself.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1010 on: August 11, 2018, 05:00:11 PM »
4 points out of 9.

4 away. Dodgy first game.

Positives/negatives.

Well done on the first one Darren and co..

The signings of of Johnstone, Bartley, Barnes, Gayle all very good.

Just a shame not fully backed

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1011 on: August 11, 2018, 05:01:31 PM »
100% needs to bin of nyom and get a full back on loan asap.

Need to stop going with livermore/brunt.

100% behind Dave, he deserves our full backing all season

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1012 on: August 11, 2018, 05:03:00 PM »
Well done Darren. We are very slowly making progress. On to the cup and a chance to see some other players in midfield and hopefully start to play Dawson into fitness.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1013 on: August 11, 2018, 05:07:11 PM »
Delighted for Darren. Dawson and Chadli to return. Can see us going on a decent run for the next few weeks.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1014 on: August 11, 2018, 05:08:56 PM »
By the way stoke have played one game less than us. Say they was playing tomorrow despite how they'd get on they wouldn't have more points than us..how much did they spend again? Rowett out.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1015 on: August 11, 2018, 05:11:05 PM »
Delighted for Darren. Dawson and Chadli to return. Can see us going on a decent run for the next few weeks.

Club are hopeful of offloading Chadli to Marseille in the next few days I've heard today.  Need to get him off the wage bill before we bring in anyone on loan.

Very important we don't let go of Dawson though given the issues as the back.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1016 on: August 11, 2018, 05:27:30 PM »
By the way stoke have played one game less than us. Say they was playing tomorrow despite how they'd get on they wouldn't have more points than us..how much did they spend again? Rowett out.

Certainly wouldn't be thrilled with him either, Rowett is very much a pragmatist and plays very functional football.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1017 on: August 11, 2018, 05:32:52 PM »
Rowett is a painfully dull, Pulis type, manager.

Always said I would not want him here. Dean Smith on the other hand...Brentford bossed that game and looked brilliant by all accounts

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1018 on: August 11, 2018, 05:33:57 PM »
Club are hopeful of offloading Chadli to Marseille in the next few days I've heard today.  Need to get him off the wage bill before we bring in anyone on loan.

Hopefully that means we go in for a central midfielder - preferably Ryan Woods on loan turning in to a permanent in January.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1019 on: August 11, 2018, 05:34:39 PM »

Dawson wont go abroad

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1020 on: August 11, 2018, 05:38:18 PM »

Its weird agreeing with you.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1021 on: August 11, 2018, 05:39:59 PM »
Hopefully that means we go in for a central midfielder - preferably Ryan Woods on loan turning in to a permanent in January.

I don't think he played today. I'd love him here.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1022 on: August 11, 2018, 06:21:43 PM »
Very very unlikely

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1023 on: August 11, 2018, 06:28:28 PM »

Love the optimism and rate Chadli but cannot see him staying. Really pleased for Darren so want him to do well.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1024 on: August 11, 2018, 10:26:43 PM »
After watching Darren's post match interviews it's obvious to me that although he's a nice guy he isn't particularly smart, articulate or versed in anything approaching in-depth tactics.

His decisions during games have been questionable at best.

I hope that we can bolster the central midfield position with loan signings, move brunt out to the left and then Darren can grow into the job, but quickly.