Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854404 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2018, 06:32:24 PM »
Lets just be pleased for the bloke.
The players have responded to Big Dave because he's that sort of personality.
Is he ready for management? Probably not yet.
Put that aside and lets be pleased for him and the players he's had to prepare this week
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2018, 06:40:12 PM »
Massive respect for what Big Dave is doing. He is truly one of our own!

But for the permanent job, no.

We need a fresh start across the board - board room, management and players.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2018, 06:47:56 PM »
Massive respect for what Big Dave is doing. He is truly one of our own!

But for the permanent job, no.

We need a fresh start across the board - board room, management and players.
Agree but hope he retains a role that supports his development.
Mind you, if we win the last 4 he can have the job for life, for me.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »
Oh if only - Big D had been put in charge 6 weeks ago.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2018, 08:22:24 PM »
Good evening...?

Are we trying to say that one game proves everything here? We failed to beat Swansea at home, that is more of a concern for me currently.

Stop digging.
If you really think that the Swansea result is more of a concern than the wholehearted improvement shown today, words fail me...

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2018, 08:42:04 PM »
I believe in the man and clearly the players do.

When we keep saying we're looking for something different, do we actually know what that different is? It could possibly be a fairly unassuming man who utterly loves our club and has some decent ideas and team selection and who also galvanises a jaded squad.

Just saying. Four more games to see.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2018, 09:16:56 PM »
Said all along if he wins 4/5 of the matches he deserves to get the job full time. 3 more wins (which I doubt we’ll get) and he’s in for me.

Failing that then I hope he becomes our permanent 1st team coach in our new structure in the mold of Keith Downing.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2018, 10:02:30 PM »
Regardless of what happens between now and the start of next season, I want to thank Big Dave.

He didn’t need to step into this role, he didn’t have to take on responsibility of a team that was spiralling into the championship without a fight and he didn’t have to put himself in the firing line.

However, he’s taken it on until the end of the season and he’s brought the club back together, he’s brought the fans back onside, the players over the past two games have clearly put in shifts for him, he’s spoken about us being a family club and today’s result has probably softened how bad we have been for majority of the season.

Thank you Big Dave for understanding the club and the fans and for just giving us a little bit of pride and something to smile about in what’s been a terrible season.

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2018, 10:32:53 PM »
So so happy with the win today and big thanks to Big Dave for that. Today was spot on and tactically he nailed it against a big club. What i want to see now is us taking the game to teams outside the top six. If he does that then give him the job. Otherwise he is not the one for me.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2018, 11:08:17 PM »
Whatever he's done bottle it.
If he keeps this up who knows always liked his attitude,he's a top baggie whatever happens he must stay at this club

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2018, 12:02:52 AM »
 ;D Would love to see Big Dave get the assistant managers job next season...then the No 1 job when he has done a season or 2.
He is steady,honest and loves the club and the players love him. ;D

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2018, 06:34:56 AM »
;D Would love to see Big Dave get the assistant managers job next season...then the No 1 job when he has done a season or 2.
He is steady,honest and loves the club and the players love him. ;D

II can see that happening if Appleton gets the No 1 job.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2018, 09:06:15 AM »
Big Dave is an inspirational guy , we know that from his time as a player/ captain. He also has a large dose of humility and warmth which I perceive was not there with Pardew or Pulis' coaching teams. The players were obviously not happy playing for either of these guys this season.

The recent club's history was built on people like Big Dave, working their socks off but staying humble and that's how we'll rebuild it again - that's our soul or whatever you want to call it and Big Dave understands that. Hopefully , new coaches and players coming in understand and adopt this approach too.

There's only one Big Dave

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2018, 09:26:31 AM »
I'd be very happy to see Big Dave take us into at least the start of next season if this is how he operates.

We've a lot of change needed in between now and August and I'd rather concentrate on the squad and backroom if DM can continue like this.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2018, 09:34:03 AM »
Regardless of what happens between now and the start of next season, I want to thank Big Dave.

He didn’t need to step into this role, he didn’t have to take on responsibility of a team that was spiralling into the championship without a fight and he didn’t have to put himself in the firing line.

However, he’s taken it on until the end of the season and he’s brought the club back together, he’s brought the fans back onside, the players over the past two games have clearly put in shifts for him, he’s spoken about us being a family club and today’s result has probably softened how bad we have been for majority of the season.

Thank you Big Dave for understanding the club and the fans and for just giving us a little bit of pride and something to smile about in what’s been a terrible season.

Great post, agree with everything you have said. Thanks Dave...... :)
MAGA!

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2018, 10:46:31 AM »
Really pleased for him and hope he remains a part of the setup for a long while yet. Calls for him to become the new manager are very premature in my eyes but pleased it's him in charge of the ship at the current moment.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2018, 11:44:23 AM »
i think it's important that whatever happens and whoever comes in that Big Dave isn't lost to the club.

there needs to be a role for him with us

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2018, 12:36:57 PM »
Delighted for the Big Man, he is just one of those blokes you cant help but like.

I said previously as much as a like him, i had no idea what he was like as a coach or manager, well if yesterday is anything to go by, he is bloody good at it!

The only thing may be if he does well between now and the end of the season as the main man, and somebody elses gets the job, would he want to move back to Assistant or first team coach? I think he is quoted as saying he wanted to be a manager a couple of years ago but wasnt ready at the time, after a year as first team coach and now six games as a premier league manager, if he does okay i wonder if he will fancy a crack at being the main man, even if its not at the Albion.

As somebody said above, he has restored a bit of pride, we looked like a team yesterday and after enjoying the win, i then started to think, why havent we done that all season!

It also raised the dreaded 'what if' question! Maximum we can finish with would be 36 points in the unlikely event we won every game between now and the end of the season. There are 7 clubs above us who have less than 36 points but they all will pick up points and have games in hand.

However i cant be arsed to work it out, i read earlier there is only Swansea we could actually catch so if thats correct i assume a lot of clubs down there are playing each other between now and end of the season so therefore one or both has to get points? By the way i know we are 99.9% down just curious!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2018, 12:43:40 PM »
I still don't agree with his team selections, but you can't fault the guy on instilling an ethos into the team. Like I said on the after match thread, a great set piece routine off the training ground with everyone executing their roles perfectly
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2018, 12:57:52 PM »
It's probably too early to make him full time manager, but it shouldn't be too difficult to keep hold of him in a coaching role, regardless of who the next manager is.

He's showing signs though, so down the line he might make a good choice.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2018, 01:04:27 PM »
Took charge of a team with 9 defeats in a row, got 4 points in first 2 games, win at Old Trafford. You can't ask for more.
Finally we can see the players playing as a team with fighting spirit. Well Done Big Dave.
The PRIDE of midlands

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2018, 01:30:18 PM »
If Moore wins 2 of the last 4 games we will have to consider him seriously for the job.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2018, 02:02:09 PM »
Domenico Tedesco has just got Schalke back to the champions league at the age of 32 with no real first team coaching experience prior to his appointment.

We need to find our own Tedesco and that means taking risks, as Schalke did.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2018, 02:06:31 PM »
Delighted for the Big Man, he is just one of those blokes you cant help but like.

I said previously as much as a like him, i had no idea what he was like as a coach or manager, well if yesterday is anything to go by, he is bloody good at it!

The only thing may be if he does well between now and the end of the season as the main man, and somebody elses gets the job, would he want to move back to Assistant or first team coach? I think he is quoted as saying he wanted to be a manager a couple of years ago but wasnt ready at the time, after a year as first team coach and now six games as a premier league manager, if he does okay i wonder if he will fancy a crack at being the main man, even if its not at the Albion.

As somebody said above, he has restored a bit of pride, we looked like a team yesterday and after enjoying the win, i then started to think, why havent we done that all season!

It also raised the dreaded 'what if' question! Maximum we can finish with would be 36 points in the unlikely event we won every game between now and the end of the season. There are 7 clubs above us who have less than 36 points but they all will pick up points and have games in hand.

However i cant be arsed to work it out, i read earlier there is only Swansea we could actually catch so if thats correct i assume a lot of clubs down there are playing each other between now and end of the season so therefore one or both has to get points? By the way i know we are 99.9% down just curious!
We can still finish above: Swansea, Palace, Huddersfield, Brighton, West Ham, Saints and Stoke.
I make it that we could still finish 13th on 36 points.
Not many games between the bottom 8.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2018, 03:24:52 PM »

It seems like an age ago now but I well remember a certain Sir Gary Megson restoring Albion's pride.

Now his captain is doing the same.

Whatever happens between now and the season's end, thank you Big Dave.

He may be a Viler at heart but he's OUR Viler and an honourary Baggie.

Arise Sir Darren, and SOTV with the rest of us..... COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.