Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1310168 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #2500 on: January 02, 2019, 08:12:56 PM »
I know it's The Metro but they have reported that Chelsea have accepted an £18M bid from Wolves, this is the first report I can find with a definite accept, rather than just Wolves being interested or getting ready to bid.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/02/chelsea-accept-18m-bid-wolves-striker-tammy-abraham-8302357/

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2501 on: January 02, 2019, 08:39:35 PM »
I know it's The Metro but they have reported that Chelsea have accepted an £18M bid from Wolves, this is the first report I can find with a definite accept, rather than just Wolves being interested or getting ready to bid.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/02/chelsea-accept-18m-bid-wolves-striker-tammy-abraham-8302357/

Could be a stumbling block as players cannot play for 3 clubs in one season, Abraham played for Chelsea U23 and also in the Charity shield as well as for villa

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2502 on: January 03, 2019, 04:37:28 PM »
Rowett facing the sack with Allardyce or Moyes lined up to replace, according to BBC Gossip  :o

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2503 on: January 03, 2019, 04:50:14 PM »
Rowett facing the sack with Allardyce or Moyes lined up to replace, according to BBC Gossip  :o

Clubs just don't learn do they? If that was us I think I'd be close to done with football. These dinosaurs fail over and over and just keep getting jobs. Even Bruce has already got a job lined up after failing miserably at Villa and leaving them in a mess.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2504 on: January 03, 2019, 07:34:31 PM »
Clubs just don't learn do they? If that was us I think I'd be close to done with football. These dinosaurs fail over and over and just keep getting jobs. Even Bruce has already got a job lined up after failing miserably at Villa and leaving them in a mess.

Amazes me how these managers still get linked and get jobs. They are all outdated, and mostly.plag dour football.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2505 on: January 03, 2019, 09:06:41 PM »

I think this attitude is gradually prevailing with fans. Sadly not with owners / chairmen yet.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2506 on: January 03, 2019, 10:09:36 PM »

Not sure Bruce left them in a mess - he inherited a mess when they was hovering above the relegation zone. Then took them to a play off final.

Things never worked out this season for him but he was not helped with the shenanigans of the summer. He's a smooth operator at this level and his record shows that.

Most Wednesday fans are delighted with his appointment which would suggest their is some life in the old dinosaur yet.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2507 on: January 04, 2019, 02:07:16 AM »
Not sure Bruce left them in a mess - he inherited a mess when they was hovering above the relegation zone. Then took them to a play off final.

Things never worked out this season for him but he was not helped with the shenanigans of the summer. He's a smooth operator at this level and his record shows that.

Most Wednesday fans are delighted with his appointment which would suggest their is some life in the old dinosaur yet.

Villa fans in the main hated him. This season they had an extremely kind opening set of fixtures, he left them with little chance of finishing in the automatics. He chose to let Elphick go on loan to Hull, leaving them with just 2 centre backs, one of which he played at right back and Jedinak out of position at centre back. He then played a right back at left back. Now they've had to recall Elphick because they were down to one half-fit centre back. Complete clown, which is great news for us because they should easily be top 3.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 02:10:21 AM by wba_1996 »

mrvulgarity

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2508 on: January 08, 2019, 09:59:51 AM »
Stoke have Sacked Rowett

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2509 on: January 08, 2019, 10:11:12 AM »
Stoke have Sacked Rowett

Damn, and he was doing so well........
MAGA!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2510 on: January 10, 2019, 10:48:10 AM »
Rumours persist

Ben Fletcher (TalkSport) Twitter account

I have it on good authority that @Karanka won't see the day out as @NFFC manager.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2511 on: January 10, 2019, 10:58:15 AM »
Can see them going down the Moyes / Allardyce route.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2512 on: January 11, 2019, 08:42:52 AM »
https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Karanka left this morning, just come up on the transfer ticker for sky (no web page article yet though)

"08:32
BREAKING NEWS

Aitor Karanka leaves Nottingham Forest.

The club wrote on their official website: "Aitor Karanka has asked to be released from his contract as the manager of Nottingham Forest football club.

"The club have agreed to this request and the terms of departure have been agreed. Both parties wish each other every success for the future. There will be no further comment from either party.

"Simon Ireland will take charge of first-team affairs until a new manager is appointed."
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2514 on: January 11, 2019, 08:07:35 PM »
Fantastic finish from Roofe...after really good set up play from Clarke...Derby not getting a look in..

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2515 on: January 11, 2019, 08:52:31 PM »
The young lad Clarke at leeds is some player....sets up another 2-0 Leeds..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2516 on: January 11, 2019, 09:07:20 PM »

Think calamity Carson takes the assist for the 2nd.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2517 on: January 11, 2019, 09:13:51 PM »
Not a good score for us tomorrow is a huge game now
O Albion we love you

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2518 on: January 11, 2019, 09:26:51 PM »

Credit the Leeds manager for giving this youngster his opportunity. If only Moore had the same confidence in our talented youngsters.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2519 on: January 11, 2019, 09:34:25 PM »
Credit the Leeds manager for giving this youngster his opportunity. If only Moore had the same confidence in our talented youngsters.
Think this is his first start but he has come on as a sub in the last few games playing around 30 mins each time...you can see how is confidence has grown...mind you how we lost to this Derby team is beyond me..they are awful..

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2520 on: January 11, 2019, 09:42:25 PM »
Think this is his first start but he has come on as a sub in the last few games playing around 30 mins each time...you can see how is confidence has grown...mind you how we lost to this Derby team is beyond me..they are awful..

Derby had the perfect storm against us everything they touched went in. That back pass from Rodriguez still gives me nightmares. However we needed derby to turn up today. We're 9 points behind Leeds as it stands. We really need to win tomorrow just to reduce it to 6!

Stoke and Middlesbrough away and Norwich at home are 3/4 Leeds next games we need to keep winning and we might be able to get within a couple of points as that's a hard run
O Albion we love you

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2521 on: January 11, 2019, 09:44:59 PM »
I'm still going for the top 2 from WBA, Leeds and Norwich..

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2522 on: January 11, 2019, 09:52:07 PM »
Derby had the perfect storm against us everything they touched went in. That back pass from Rodriguez still gives me nightmares. However we needed derby to turn up today. We're 9 points behind Leeds as it stands. We really need to win tomorrow just to reduce it to 6!

Stoke and Middlesbrough away and Norwich at home are 3/4 Leeds next games we need to keep winning and we might be able to get within a couple of points as that's a hard run

I think our February is just as hard so its imperative we win tomorrow and win our next few games also

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2523 on: January 12, 2019, 11:51:42 AM »
Have Leeds come full circle from the Don Revie  era?
They've been caught and admitted spying on Derby during training.
I would think that its cheating and bringing the game into disrepute.
Their manager seems a similar charector to Revie.
I don't really like the club or their fans,they think that they are a massive club,I don't .
They're nasty .

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2524 on: January 12, 2019, 04:42:08 PM »
Vile lossing 2-0
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.