Author Topic: WM Football Phone In.  (Read 16549 times)

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

Re: WM Football Phone In.
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2019, 06:02:41 PM »
Franksy is a dingle fan never a bad word against them but loves running us down. And the callers I sometimes wonder what game they have watched or stream. Best part is Bomber doing out games.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2019, 08:27:30 PM »
Wilford was hosting tonight, the Albion callers again weren't great, to a man wanted Shan to stay on. Crazy stuff...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2019, 06:08:21 AM »
I used to prefer listening to Tom Ross’s phone in when he was on Xtra Am/Gold/Free etc

I remember when we accused him of tipping off Bruce to sign Rowan Vine for Blues, and said that Bomber should stop co commentating with him.
Ruffled Tom's feathers that did.
Agree though, his phone in was one of the better one's.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2019, 08:49:41 AM »
Wilford was hosting tonight, the Albion callers again weren't great, to a man wanted Shan to stay on. Crazy stuff...

I really do not understand it and it worries me that so many of our fans are like this.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2019, 10:47:55 AM »
I really do not understand it and it worries me that so many of our fans are like this.

Its all about opinions.
The fans who are shouting Shan's praises may not like your prefered candidate.
Who's right and who's wrong?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

stever60

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2019, 10:51:48 AM »
Franksy is a dingle fan never a bad word against them but loves running us down. And the callers I sometimes wonder what game they have watched or stream. Best part is Bomber doing out games.
he was a villa fan at school
Don't call me Walt

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2019, 10:52:53 AM »
he was a villa fan at school

They all were  ;D

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 02:01:26 PM »
People clammered for Moore to be appointed so go figure. Sadly it’s those who hold such opinions that seem to shout loudest and have lives dull enough to spend it calling in to these things, the only hope is that the board learn from their recent mistake and avoid going down that route.
Not just in football Fritzii.  Politics in general, especially Brexit. Noisy, usually dim or ill informed minorities being run by vested interests getting a far larger share of publicity and their own way over a majority of people with a wider range of understanding or interests. Just the way it is now....BUT COME THE REVOLUTION let Democracy hold sway. Doh back to th 18 yr old Talisker and then sleep I no longer care

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2019, 11:39:39 PM »
Another poor night for us, all 3 callers suggested Shan stay on, one wanted a Pearson/Shakespeare double act... Awful... When Wolves change manager do their fans clamour for a Steve Bull/John de Wolf double act, do Leicester fans wonder what Big Steve Walsh and Julian Joachim are upto? At Blues are the fans clamouring for Steve Claridge and Ricky Otto? I CANNOT UNDERSTAND this obsession with former Albion players. It's unique to the game (since Liverpools bootroom came to an end in the late 80's) and totally unnecessary and certainly unwanted. I might have to ring in myself, if I ever get home from work on time.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:42:02 PM by TheJacko2000 »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2019, 09:38:53 AM »
Another poor night for us, all 3 callers suggested Shan stay on, one wanted a Pearson/Shakespeare double act... Awful... When Wolves change manager do their fans clamour for a Steve Bull/John de Wolf double act, do Leicester fans wonder what Big Steve Walsh and Julian Joachim are upto? At Blues are the fans clamouring for Steve Claridge and Ricky Otto? I CANNOT UNDERSTAND this obsession with former Albion players. It's unique to the game (since Liverpools bootroom came to an end in the late 80's) and totally unnecessary and certainly unwanted. I might have to ring in myself, if I ever get home from work on time.

No real surprise to be fair as from memory most shows seemed to follow a fairly pre determined pattern. Blues and Dogheads did indeed used to clamour for former players to be involved but again I am talking some while back now. Rather than ringing in I can heartily recommend that you tune out because those of us who would appreciate your input probably won't be the ones listening to what you've got to say.

I for one certainly don't rate this pile of cr@p programme which is dressed up as the soundboard of the people. It isn't, it's an echo chamber of comfort based, repetitive white noise designed to pass the time before we all meet our ends. An aural football forum of stagnant thought and repetitive cliche.

We all only have one life and spending time sat in a call queue seems even more of waste to me than the time it's taken me to type this load of rubbish. Exercise, sh@g your Mrs or do whatever floats your boat. But I cannot recommend highly enough that you drop this new found obsession of yours with Franksy on WM, he really isn't worthy of your valuable time. On a similar theme I intend to spend a lot less time on here.

Say hello to your arl' fella from me please and enjoy the rest of your day chap, COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2019, 10:02:38 AM »
No real surprise to be fair as from memory most shows seemed to follow a fairly pre determined pattern. Blues and Dogheads did indeed used to clamour for former players to be involved but again I am talking some while back now. Rather than ringing in I can heartily recommend that you tune out because those of us who would appreciate your input probably won't be the ones listening to what you've got to say.

I for one certainly don't rate this pile of cr@p programme which is dressed up as the soundboard of the people. It isn't, it's an echo chamber of comfort based, repetitive white noise designed to pass the time before we all meet our ends. An aural football forum of stagnant thought and repetitive cliche.

We all only have one life and spending time sat in a call queue seems even more of waste to me than the time it's taken me to type this load of rubbish. Exercise, sh@g your Mrs or do whatever floats your boat. But I cannot recommend highly enough that you drop this new found obsession of yours with Franksy on WM, he really isn't worthy of your valuable time. On a similar theme I intend to spend a lot less time on here.

Say hello to your arl' fella from me please and enjoy the rest of your day chap, COYB  8) .

BUT,  You will miss
The cutting wit,
The charming debate with like minded individuals,
The opportunity to test your mental agility against those of self certified superior knowledge,
Availing yourself of factual knowledge which is well not factual at all actually
Debate across all fields of human action, politics / race / colour / censorship / smelly dogheads and abuse of viles, (irony that is!)
Humour / satire and comedy of manifest brilliance
Jacko (and news of his 'arl fella) clearly
The clarity of ticket sales reports on an hourly basis

You know you'll be on here, watching if not contributing as much, which I for one will miss !

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2019, 10:36:39 AM »
BUT,  You will miss
The cutting wit,
The charming debate with like minded individuals,
The opportunity to test your mental agility against those of self certified superior knowledge,
Availing yourself of factual knowledge which is well not factual at all actually
Debate across all fields of human action, politics / race / colour / censorship / smelly dogheads and abuse of viles, (irony that is!)
Humour / satire and comedy of manifest brilliance
Jacko (and news of his 'arl fella) clearly
The clarity of ticket sales reports on an hourly basis

You know you'll be on here, watching if not contributing as much, which I for one will miss !

That's me being referred to.  8) ;D

Jacko if you ever plan on phoning up please let me know when, I'm not missing that for the world.

I listen to WM when we're away and I want commentary or when I'm on my way too or from home matches because it kills the time on the train and queuing for said train.

We seem to get less callers than Villa, Blues and Wolves and ninety percent of the callers say nothing at all worth listening to.

As for Franksie, he is absolutely clueless. He stated before the Derby game earlier in the season that it was no bad thing Hegazi being out injured. We then went on to concede four goals at home. That is just typical of Mr Franks.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2019, 10:52:38 AM »
Here you go
Call 08081 00 99 56 or Text WM and then your message to 81333.
BBC WM 95.6 - The Paul Franks Show
Swamp 'em with positive Baggie talk
And I'm prety sure you will never get on air if you do try
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2019, 10:49:37 AM »
Here you go
Call 08081 00 99 56 or Text WM and then your message to 81333.
BBC WM 95.6 - The Paul Franks Show
Swamp 'em with positive Baggie talk
And I'm prety sure you will never get on air if you do try
COYB

Good news isn't worth debating in all forms of media.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2019, 05:53:27 PM »
First caller I heard on this tonight summed it up perfectly. Time for Jenkins to go and lie to sell up. I have to say that’s how I feel. I think things sadly will get worst before they get better here

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2019, 05:54:45 PM »
There isn’t one person who doesn’t want also to go, it’s not happening though. No one is going to give him the miney he paid for it.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2019, 05:58:53 PM »
I don't know why people get so wound up about the football phone-in. The only ones they let on the air are going to be the ignorant or contentious - the ones that will shoot their mouths off, enraging other listeners and generating traffic. That's why Franks often seems to take contradictory positions from week to week - because it's not about being right, it's about generating phone traffic.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2019, 08:24:36 AM »
Franksie is a villa fan, but Regan is Albion.

Franksie's voice is different when villa win. It's provocation media at its worst.

Years ago, they wouldn't let you comment on any other club other than your own. Now they can't wait, in order to provoke a response. Really gone off the show recently.

Van and Ben are good reasoned callers. There's another couple of good Albion callers but must be honest I listen a lot less now.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2019, 08:38:01 AM »
Franksie is a villa fan, but Regan is Albion.

Franksie's voice is different when villa win. It's provocation media at its worst.

Years ago, they wouldn't let you comment on any other club other than your own. Now they can't wait, in order to provoke a response. Really gone off the show recently.

Van and Ben are good reasoned callers. There's another couple of good Albion callers but must be honest I listen a lot less now.

You obviously don't listen enough.
Regan is the vile fan. Franksie? I'm not sure he knows what he is.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2019, 09:02:38 AM »

I know exactly what he is...... a thumb, a forefinger and rapid movement of the wrist and arm spring to mind  :-X .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2019, 05:24:36 PM »
sure I've heard a few times that Franksie is a Tranmere supporter.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2019, 08:38:57 PM »

That's what they pretend.

If you heard Regan coverage of the great escape you would know otherwise.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2019, 10:43:14 PM »
Reagan is Villa through and through. And he admits to it!

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2019, 04:47:51 PM »
The best Albion caller into WM is a lady called Laura.  Many of the callers are just pointless their thoughts are totally predictable.

All the presenters are doing their best to be shock jocks.  Vile had so many must win games... and now, unfortunately, they have gone on a run... and don't we know it.

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2019, 06:22:47 PM »
Some Villa clown phoned in tonight suggesting Grealish is good enough to get in the Barcelona team and that Villa will be challenging for Europe next season.