Author Topic: Can we get a season ticket refund?  (Read 56289 times)

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Can we get a season ticket refund?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 02:20:29 AM »
Just been on the club website:
4. Changes to Dates, Refunds & Exchanges
4.1. No guarantees can be given by the Club that a Match will take place at a particular time or on a particular date. The Club reserves the right to reschedule any Match without notice and without any liability whatsoever. Your Stilecard will enable you to attend the re-arranged Match.
4.2. The Club will have no further liability whatsoever, including (but not limited to) any direct or consequential loss or damage, loss of enjoyment or travel/accommodation costs.
4.3. All Stilecards are sold on a non-refundable basis.
Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/tickets/stilecard/index.aspx#wyAqOuzcBV1fGhm3.99

Isn't there a consumer law in Britain of a cooling off period of 14 days when purchasing any product allowing for a full refund within that period after purchase? If that is so then the club could be in breach of regulations but I am no expert on this so will leave it to others to found out if there is any breach.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:28:26 AM by bangkokbaggie »

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 03:31:48 AM »
I'm sorry, but if you bought a season ticket before we made an appointment then that's your own fault really.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2014, 08:05:12 AM »
I'm sorry, but if you bought a season ticket before we made an appointment then that's your own fault really.

Thanks Jeremy
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2014, 09:21:23 AM »
Bought my ST before the deadline & have absolutely 100% no qualms or desire to get my money back, I will be sitting in the same seat as I have for as many years as I can remember & the fact that we employ this coach or buy that player makes no difference, sure I am underwhelmed (seems to be the buzz word this week) but I support my club regardless of what happens behind the scenes, I can't, nor do I want to try to affect things beyond my control.

For those seeking their money back I hope you get what you want but before you do make that phone call/email please try to remember who we are, who you are, we are football fans of the greatest team the world has ever seen, I'm not a happy clapper but I love the club unreservedly, that means through thick & thin (& trust me I've seen some thin).

Nobody CONNED me into renewing my ST, I'm more of a shepherd then a sheep, I don't follow the crowd but Jeremy Peace is the custodian of West Bromwich Albion & for that reason I will back his decision to appoint Irvine, I genuinely believe that, as a business man he is not going to wilfully damage the club as it will surely impact on any future sale (makes no sense).

Hopefully once the dust has settled & we sign a few new players, the positivity can return  ;D             
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2014, 10:04:08 AM »
I just posted in another thread. I'm sure if you purchased over telephone or Internet distance selling rules apply. So maybe a 14 day cooling off period?

Does anyone know the exact rule?

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2014, 10:06:18 AM »
Bought my ST before the deadline & have absolutely 100% no qualms or desire to get my money back, I will be sitting in the same seat as I have for as many years as I can remember & the fact that we employ this coach or buy that player makes no difference, sure I am underwhelmed (seems to be the buzz word this week) but I support my club regardless of what happens behind the scenes, I can't, nor do I want to try to affect things beyond my control.

For those seeking their money back I hope you get what you want but before you do make that phone call/email please try to remember who we are, who you are, we are football fans of the greatest team the world has ever seen, I'm not a happy clapper but I love the club unreservedly, that means through thick & thin (& trust me I've seen some thin).

Nobody CONNED me into renewing my ST, I'm more of a shepherd then a sheep, I don't follow the crowd but Jeremy Peace is the custodian of West Bromwich Albion & for that reason I will back his decision to appoint Irvine, I genuinely believe that, as a business man he is not going to wilfully damage the club as it will surely impact on any future sale (makes no sense).

Hopefully once the dust has settled & we sign a few new players, the positivity can return  ;D             
Good post, I would guess that 99% of the 16000, me included, are underwhelmed, disappointed, whatever, but would not consider seeking a refund even if they could get one.   
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2014, 10:18:34 AM »
Just read about distance selling regulations.

This is my interpretation and not legal advise but it appears you have a right to change your mind on a purchase made online or over a telephone within 7 working days if receipt of goods. In my opinion as season ticket cards have not been issued surely there is a strong argument to say this 7 working days has not started yet.

As I say it's just my interpretation of the law and it does hold a chink of light for those people looking to cancel.

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2014, 10:24:16 AM »
I am glad I waited.

Same here, I would have renewed if the signs were looking positive but this has not inspired me to part with my cash

apple

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2014, 10:53:02 AM »
 Im going to see if Ican get a refund and put the £347 on Albion to be relegated, the proverbial "sure thing". Well, thats next years holiday sorted.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2014, 11:03:06 AM »
To those who pay direct debit cant you just pull the plug? I will be doing my utmost tomorrow to get my money back.If i cant i will donate my seat to charity.I will not be watching another Albion game whilst JP is still there
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

viaductbaggies

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2014, 11:13:07 AM »
Good post, I would guess that 99% of the 16000, me included, are underwhelmed, disappointed, whatever, but would not consider seeking a refund even if they could get one.   

And these 2 posts are why peace keeps doing what he does  >:(

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2014, 11:45:17 AM »
Very clever peace.

14 days have passed since  deadline for renewal.

coincidence?

You ************ (words fail me).
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2014, 11:47:58 AM »
Im going to see if Ican get a refund and put the £347 on Albion to be relegated, the proverbial "sure thing". Well, thats next years holiday sorted.

Haha. I thought the same  ;D ;D ;D

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2014, 12:07:10 PM »
Hopefully,  with all these people cancelling their season tickets, the atmosphere at the Hawthorns will improve.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »
Does anyone have a link to the club.I need to write to express my anger and frustration.I want my mony back
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2014, 12:16:30 PM »
Hopefully,  with all these people cancelling their season tickets, the atmosphere at the Hawthorns will improve.

A happy clapping, mexican waving atmosphere.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2014, 12:20:36 PM »
A happy clapping, mexican waving atmosphere.
Yawn. Mexican waves are so 90s.
Appreciative of talent playing in the top flight of English football and supporting (look it up in a dictionary) the players and coaches who currently represent the team that I love. :-*

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2014, 12:21:58 PM »
And these 2 posts are why peace keeps doing what he does  >:(

Perhaps a tadge more content  ???

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2014, 12:22:29 PM »

Instead of simply mocking those who are considering a refund, why not try to engage with why they feel so strongly about the situation.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2014, 12:24:26 PM »
Yawn. Mexican waves are so 90s.
Appreciative of talent playing in the top flight of English football and supporting (look it up in a dictionary) the players and coaches who currently represent the team that I love. :-*

Thats your last 3 post's I'd of liked on FB  ;)

blue

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2014, 12:28:10 PM »
Cant we get a refund under the trades description act.
We are allegedly trading as a premiership club.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2014, 12:36:42 PM »
Instead of simply mocking those who are considering a refund, why not try to engage with why they feel so strongly about the situation.
Not mocking them, genuinely hoping that they can get their wish. If their view of encouraging performance is to poison the atmosphere at the ground (which is getting worse with expectation) then I am happy for them to not be there. If this makes them "uber" fans I am pleased for them, I hope that they enjoy their Saturday afternoons, I am sure mine will become more pleasurable.

bournemouth baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2014, 12:42:51 PM »
Anyone know whether its free listings on ebay this weekend?

Regis no 1

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2014, 12:57:40 PM »
I have been a season ticket holder in the Bassett suite for the last 7 seasons and has cost in access of £18000 . I am so glad someone was looking down on me telling me wait . That man is not having another penny of my hard earned cash , so I hope all you all get refunds and wish you good luck with it. Let's hope there are a few east stand executive boxes empty , that should hit him really hard in his very deep pockets.
The Lord is my shepherd .

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2014, 01:04:12 PM »
For all you guys that will contact the club tomorrow asking for a refund please update us on the club's response.