Author Topic: 29 Dec 2023 Albion 1 Leeds United 0  (Read 8698 times)

mr multivac

• Junior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #200 on: December 30, 2023, 11:27:59 AM »
After a nervy first 15 we got the measure of them and other than the penalty shouts which were iffy this time went our way we barely game them a sniff of chance ,we do need to be doing better at corners though which was a one time one of our biggest goal threats , the atmosphere last night so the best for a while and long may it last . An all round superb performance with every one giving there all
We can’t waste these two performances we need to get something from Monday at Swansea.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2023, 11:37:09 AM »
Sorry but it's 4 players: Ajayi, Kipre, Diangana and Thomas-Asante.
Kipre definitely not going and BTA was only in a provisional squad of around 35/40 players so hopefully for us may only be 2 missing
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2023, 11:42:13 AM »
Really enjoyed the game last night.

Leeds started off well, and also finished off strong looking for the equalising goal. But as a Leeds supporter on talk sport last night said "West Brom battered us for a good portion of the game" I had the feeling in the second half when it wasn't working out for them, that it wasn't going to be their night. That was mostly because of our tactics, work ethic and our brilliant defence.

This is down to Carlos and his staff, and long may it continue.

Leeds have some loud and passionate supporters, but last night our fans were brilliant. We sung and chanted throughout the game and showed how loud and passionate we can be, and long may that continue as well.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2023, 11:57:06 AM »
Great performance all round.  Watched it on the box last night. Supporters brilliant especially near the end when Leeds were pressing us.  Great quote by Commentator near the end when he said West Brom fans standing shoulder to shoulder with the team in defending against Leeds. Well done everyone.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2023, 12:02:21 PM »
Sorry but it's 4 players: Ajayi, Kipre, Diangana and Thomas-Asante.

Is Kipré still involved with Ivory Coast? I know he's capped with them, but I haven't heard anything about him

Edit:

Answered my own question. Kipré has NOT been called up to the Ivory Coast squad
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 12:03:58 PM by MarkW »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2023, 01:23:49 PM »
Fair enough Hardtobeat and Mark W, I didn't realise that Kipre was no longer part of the Ivory Coast squad. Great news for us. Hopefully BTA will be left behind too.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2023, 01:30:28 PM »
To be fair, I thought he did okay yesterday. He was very officious with throw ins and time wasting but he did it for both sides.
I haven't seen any replays of the Kipre challenge that might have been a penalty but I didn't think it was at the game.
What I did think was odd was when Leeds put the ball out when one of their players was down apparently injured and he gave them a drop ball rather than a throw in to us.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2023, 01:46:32 PM »
The entire team and subs put in a magnificant performance, and difficult to choose any MotM. Think I would give it to BTA for the amount of energy and winning so many 50-50s.  Massive credit to Yokuslu and Wallace for setting up Grady's goal. Got right in behind the Leeds defence. Didn't understand why Swift was left out to start, but who am I to argue with Carlos game management. He knows what he's doing. Also Kipre absolutely dominant at the back. Best atmosphere I've heard at the Hawthorns this season. Drowned the Leeds fans out which helped spur the team on to victory. So pleased we went for 3 points and didn't settle for one, as some on here were. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2023, 01:49:39 PM »
I might just stay at home for this one as I came close to losing my voice the last time he officiated one of our games. The EFL and the PGMOL clearly hate West Bromwich Albion. And me.
Are you happy to moderate your views on Mr Scott, Dan? Thought he had a reasonable game tonight. Not that that could ever compensate for his previous misdemeanours. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2023, 02:13:43 PM »
Are you happy to moderate your views on Mr Scott, Dan? Thought he had a reasonable game tonight. Not that that could ever compensate for his previous misdemeanours.

The second part of your post answers the first Alex. I will never moderate my views on Graham Scott and if I aired them fully on here they would in turn be heavily moderated or perhaps even flushed down the online toilet and sprinkled around the Deleted Post Graveyard where a number of my other thoughts have been buried over the years.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2023, 02:32:56 PM »
Is Kipré still involved with Ivory Coast? I know he's capped with them, but I haven't heard anything about him

Edit:

Answered my own question. Kipré has NOT been called up to the Ivory Coast squad

I had a look at his international status when he signed. Haven't checked back but I don't think he's got a full cap. Think it was U23s from memory.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #211 on: December 30, 2023, 02:47:35 PM »
I had a look at his international status when he signed. Haven't checked back but I don't think he's got a full cap. Think it was U23s from memory.

You are quite correct!

He/him

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #212 on: December 30, 2023, 04:02:34 PM »
Fantastic to hear the atmosphere was good too. Keep it up guys

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #213 on: December 30, 2023, 04:58:33 PM »
It's all about KC and the Sunshine Gang.