Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 196728 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Kenneth Zohore
« Reply #450 on: July 24, 2020, 11:04:24 AM »
Wow, he has one damn good agent!
Don't know what we do with him now we are promoted, he is of no use whatsoever.
Don't we still have Burke on the books as well?

Yes we do - I forgot that £15mil travesty existed!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #451 on: July 24, 2020, 05:49:11 PM »
Strange how we have these so called "experts" at the club signing players. Yei I asked a air conditioning engineer at the hospital (big Cardiff fan) what he was like.....rubbish he said!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #452 on: July 24, 2020, 06:27:23 PM »
Strange how we have these so called "experts" at the club signing players. Yet I asked a air conditioning engineer at the hospital (big Cardiff fan) what he was like.....rubbish he said!

We can get a bit excited by the view that ex players or those in the game necesserily have super human powers of deduction when it comes to football that mere mortal fans don't.

As time goes on, and data gets more involved, then yeah the average fan will probably be fairly uninformed, but while we are still just in the age of scouting based on analysing what you see in front of your eyes, most fans views will be just as good as your average scout.

The only difference is the scout will get to see more players play and might focus a bit more on them.

We knew before he came that Zohore was over priced, only an eejit couldn't tell....
Boing Boing

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #453 on: July 24, 2020, 06:32:41 PM »
He was there.

Given his contribution this season he probably had nothing to celebrate!

In fairness didn't he rescue us about 2 points from pressure penalties this season, i.e. Derby and Reading in the final minutes?

Just think, maybe someone else would have missed them  ???

Anyway, I would sell him at half-price, I imagine a few clubs would buy him at around £4 million.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #454 on: July 24, 2020, 06:43:43 PM »
He'll almost certainly be on a "flex-up" contract, so why would he go anywhere?  Loaning him out to cover as much of his wages as possible might be the only thing we can do.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #455 on: July 24, 2020, 06:45:17 PM »
Yep loan him somewhere and hope he has a good season and try to recoup whatever we can.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #456 on: July 24, 2020, 07:18:22 PM »
We can get a bit excited by the view that ex players or those in the game necesserily have super human powers of deduction when it comes to football that mere mortal fans don't.

As time goes on, and data gets more involved, then yeah the average fan will probably be fairly uninformed, but while we are still just in the age of scouting based on analysing what you see in front of your eyes, most fans views will be just as good as your average scout.

The only difference is the scout will get to see more players play and might focus a bit more on them.

We knew before he came that Zohore was over priced, only an eejit couldn't tell....
Bit of an "Old Boys" network....same as why managers get jobs when failing time and time again? Not their money is it. Depressing. Now for a season of fighting relegation!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #457 on: July 24, 2020, 08:00:35 PM »
Nobody. We panicked had him presented to us by his agent and Dowling panicked to appease Billic and because they didn't plan for if Gayle didn't happen.
It was a panic buy, also to appease a fair few fans (myself included).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 08:03:32 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #458 on: July 24, 2020, 09:00:39 PM »
Yep loan him somewhere and hope he has a good season and try to recoup whatever we can.

Hopefully it wouldn't be like the absolute disaster of Oli Burke? 15m will spent!

I do think a loan move would be the best thing for both parties. If he hasn't been good enough for the Championship then I fail to see how he will be good enough for the Premier. Kind of like HRK really.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #459 on: July 24, 2020, 09:01:23 PM »
Didn't he score more for Cardiff in the PL than he did for us in the Champo though? Regardless Bilic clearly doesnt want him here.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #460 on: July 24, 2020, 09:09:45 PM »
Didn't he score more for Cardiff in the PL than he did for us in the Champo though? Regardless Bilic clearly doesnt want him here.

You could very well be right on that mate. If he has, it would be interesting to see how many more games he played. Though I reckon you're right about him being surplus to requirements.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #461 on: July 24, 2020, 09:14:09 PM »
I was wrong bud, just checked. Got 3 in 15 for us and 1 in 19 for Cardiff in the PL :(

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #462 on: July 24, 2020, 09:16:43 PM »
I was wrong bud, just checked. Got 3 in 15 for us and 1 in 19 for Cardiff in the PL :(
I can see why we signed him now.😞

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #463 on: July 24, 2020, 09:20:09 PM »
I can see why we signed him now.😞

Awful business mate.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #464 on: July 24, 2020, 09:22:29 PM »

Sounds more like it  :D

To be honest though, that Cardiff team were pretty poor.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #465 on: July 24, 2020, 09:24:04 PM »
Sounds more like it  :D

To be honest though, that Cardiff team were pretty poor.

They were mate, i was sure he got 3 in the PL for them haha. Bad buy whatever way we slice it.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #466 on: July 24, 2020, 09:26:24 PM »
So he's scored 4 league goals in two years. Don't think there will be too many willing suitors.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #467 on: July 24, 2020, 09:27:20 PM »
Cardiff found us :(

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #468 on: July 25, 2020, 01:03:35 AM »
Do we have to cough up an extra £4million because of our promotion as rumoured? That's a bit of a blow. I suspect Tulloch was ahead of him by the end of the season which shows how far he'd fallen and our strike force wasn't exactly great. Seems to have no hunger in him and if Bilic can't instil any then he's a lost cause. God knows who would take him off our hands.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #469 on: July 25, 2020, 12:33:56 PM »
Cardiff found us :(

Full value write off onto the continent.  Nominal fee to get rid of the wages.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #470 on: July 25, 2020, 12:37:28 PM »
Full value write off onto the continent.  Nominal fee to get rid of the wages.

Who fo you think will pay Zohore what we are paying him? Especially abroad.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #471 on: July 25, 2020, 12:57:01 PM »
Happy to take a loss/giveaway Sj, Burke, Townsend, Zohore etc but as Jacko said who is going to pay them what we will?

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #472 on: July 29, 2020, 09:25:05 AM »
As it's unlikely that we will recoup much in terms of a transfer, is there any way we can get a tune out of this guy?
Maybe one to one training in pre-season, something to build confidence? I know we've seen very little in terms of ability but, if it is in there, maybe, just maybe we can push the right buttons, or his he just a write off?

We've had similar conversations regarding Burke, with many feeling, at least early on, that if we just found the key we could have a decent player. That of course never came to pass and we gave up on flogging that dead horse.
So is Zohore destined for the same outcome? Loaned out (with us likely still paying a percentage) until his lengthy contract runs out, or is there still hope?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #473 on: July 29, 2020, 09:32:10 AM »
Zohore has the heart of a pea! Its a shame as his physical stature and the ability he does hold could have seen him being a major player for us but he doesnt have any heart obviously.

Id release him, waste of money
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #474 on: July 29, 2020, 10:16:57 AM »
move him on for sure, gave us very little if anything in the championship so why should we now waste a wage on him in the premier?