Author Topic: Hal Robson-Kanu  (Read 269855 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Hal Robson-Kanu
« Reply #950 on: December 09, 2019, 08:57:22 AM »
Would go as far as saying we don't need another striker until The summer , always rated him. Go do it for Wales now
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:22:09 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #951 on: December 09, 2019, 03:14:08 PM »
For all the criticism 99% of us have given him he's doing the job and his finish yesterday was absolute class and not for the first time.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #952 on: January 27, 2020, 04:47:20 PM »
Joseph Masi Twitter Account

"Hal Robson-Kanu has also reversed his decision to retire from international football. Striker is enjoying his most prolific ever season and is back available for Wales."

Source: https://expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2020/01/27/west-broms-hal-robson-kanu-makes-himself-available-for-wales/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #953 on: January 27, 2020, 10:33:02 PM »
Most prolific season ever....... 7 goals to date. :)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #954 on: January 27, 2020, 10:35:15 PM »
He's rubbish, a half dozen game purple patch doesn't negate the previous 3 years.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #955 on: January 27, 2020, 11:05:29 PM »
Strange timing, I'm assuming there's some connection with the Cardiff game.  I'm not sure if this announcement will make him more or less popular in Wales....the Cardiff fans will be indifferent to it at best I think.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #956 on: February 14, 2020, 05:15:27 PM »
If you can get hold of the free paper "Metro", he gives an interview in it.

bakebaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #957 on: February 14, 2020, 05:29:23 PM »
Also a piece in The Athletic this week written by Steve Madeley.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #958 on: February 14, 2020, 06:34:29 PM »
Also a piece in The Athletic this week written by Steve Madeley.

Are you able to post it for the non-subscribers?

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

MulumbuPower!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #959 on: July 14, 2020, 07:06:45 PM »
Does any player run at full pelt towards the ball, a much as hrk, only to pull up if it looks like a bit of work? both he and Phillips spend all of their time hiding when we're in possession
I'd like to apologise for my spelling and grammar. I post from my phone.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #960 on: July 14, 2020, 07:11:27 PM »
Genuinely the worst regularly playing striker we've had in decades, he is atrocious. He'd fit right in with some of 90's players.

There is absolutely nothing about him. Doesn't score goals - doesn't even get chances because his ancticipation is so bad, doesn't assist, doesn't hold the ball up, doesn't link play, doesn't win headers, doesn't even close down effectively. He doesn't even stand in position.

Austin isn't even much good but HRK drags the entire team down with him when he comes on as he offers so little. At least Austin actually stands in the position rather than HRK drifting over to the wing which is pointless as he has no dribbling ability.

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #961 on: July 14, 2020, 07:13:09 PM »
Looked better today I thought.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #962 on: July 14, 2020, 07:15:14 PM »
Genuinely the worst regularly playing striker we've had in decades, he is atrocious. He'd fit right in with some of 90's players.

There is absolutely nothing about him. Doesn't score goals - doesn't even get chances because his ancticipation is so bad, doesn't assist, doesn't hold the ball up, doesn't link play, doesn't win headers, doesn't even close down effectively. He doesn't even stand in position.

Austin isn't even much good but HRK drags the entire team down with him when he comes on as he offers so little. At least Austin actually stands in the position rather than HRK drifting over to the wing which is pointless as he has no dribbling ability.

Agreed, however why can’t Bilic and his coaching staff see it.

Zohore is very poor however I’d still start him before Kanu.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #963 on: July 14, 2020, 07:18:41 PM »

Zohore is more limited. Kanu is stronger on the ball it might not seem it comparing physique but Kanu is a better player.

MulumbuPower!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #964 on: July 14, 2020, 07:18:45 PM »

I'd put Bartley up there over hrk
I'd like to apologise for my spelling and grammar. I post from my phone.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #965 on: July 14, 2020, 07:19:16 PM »
Since the restart robson Kanu is playing like robson Kanu ... that our ole patch has really been and gone
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #966 on: July 14, 2020, 07:20:29 PM »

And Zohore can’t get ahead of him.. we really are struggling.

I agree wholeheartedly with your post. There have been parts of the season where HRK has performed well but it’s a pretty low bar he’s set.

Our striking options are awful for a side second in the leaguel

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #967 on: July 14, 2020, 07:26:06 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly with your post. There have been parts of the season where HRK has performed well but it’s a pretty low bar he’s set.

On post lockdown performances the fact we are second with those three strikers is miraculous.  No threat, anticipation or suggestion of goalscoring instinct between them. 

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #968 on: July 14, 2020, 07:27:22 PM »

This and the quoted post from Dan. Spot on. Woeful FOOTBALLER.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #969 on: July 14, 2020, 07:54:35 PM »
Some of the balls that were wiped across their goal mouth and none of our striker's had the instinct or desire to attack those balls was criminal. Kanu just isn't that good and that's a fact.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #970 on: July 14, 2020, 07:59:52 PM »

A lot of that isn't true , if it is it makes Bilic a woeful manager.
HRK outed Austin from that role , he's had some good performances and lead the line very well especially away from home. To say he's been  poor overall this season I can't agree with , I'd agree post lockdown his form has reverted back to pre Bilic times and he looks way off it .
Suspect he'll start on Friday.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #971 on: July 14, 2020, 08:01:59 PM »
Some of the balls that were wiped across their goal mouth and none of our striker's had the instinct or desire to attack those balls was criminal. Kanu just isn't that good and that's a fact.
Even if he had good anticipation, he's not built to get to those sort of crosses. He is too heavy, so starts slowly and turns slowly.  He is only good at holding the ball up if its played into him, but that's sadly not enough for a No.9. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #972 on: July 14, 2020, 08:07:18 PM »
The one that went across the goal wasn't really his fault. If you watch it he is involved in the middle, ball goes out wide and makes the run.  He would have to be odemewingie speed to get to it. 

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #973 on: July 14, 2020, 08:09:17 PM »
A lot of that isn't true , if it is it makes Bilic a woeful manager.
HRK outed Austin from that role , he's had some good performances and lead the line very well especially away from home. To say he's been  poor overall this season I can't agree with , I'd agree post lockdown his form has reverted back to pre Bilic times and he looks way off it .
Suspect he'll start on Friday.

The only reason he outed Austin from that role is because Austin is physically not capable of playing full matches.

It says volumes that in his career best season he has 10 goals. His next best is 7. The guy has no business being a championship striker, yet alone for a team aiming for promotion. I literally don't think there's a side in the league who don't have at least one striker better than him.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #974 on: July 14, 2020, 08:10:04 PM »
The one that went across the goal wasn't really his fault. If you watch it he is involved in the middle, ball goes out wide and makes the run.  He would have to be odemewingie speed to get to it.

He's not a striker. He's a bottom half Championship right midfielder. I've no idea why he's even still at the club.