Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556713 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #10725 on: August 08, 2019, 06:37:45 PM »
Ravel Morrison has accused Glen Johnson of trying to ruin Berahino’s career in his TalkSport interview, three things

1. He doesn’t need any help in that field
2. Johnson gave honest answers to questions he was asked about Berahino during their time together at Stoke.
3. refer to 1. above and repeat

One player who has acted the dick throughout his career sticking up for another player who has acted the dick in his career against a player who in the main has been a model pro (apart from his B&Q incident  :o :D )
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10726 on: August 08, 2019, 11:31:38 PM »
Way back when he trashed his hotel room while on loan at Brentford in 2012 and was sent back to the club Roy Hodgson wanted to sack him. Ashdown did not want to throw away a talented yet wayward youngster. Ashdown's view prevailed and the fee Albion eventually received to some extent justified that stance.

Unfortunately I think that proved to Berahino that no matter how bad his behaviour a club will always indulge him to either protect their investment or secure his talent. Until his behaviour finally prompted Stoke to act it has held true for the better part of a decade. Although even here another club has stepped in to offer him a deal albeit at a much lower level.

The story might have been different had we sacked him it might not have been but I have always felt that was a turning point.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10727 on: August 08, 2019, 11:48:20 PM »
The psychology behind his behaviour is interesting, it’s the old adage are some people just born that way or is it learnt behaviour. I have 3 young kids and they are so different in many ways and respond differently to success and failure. The truth of the matter for me is he just behaves like a k**b and we as fans who would give our left bits to have had his opportunity dislike him more for the wasted opportunity.

PDB

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #10728 on: August 09, 2019, 11:11:28 AM »
Signed by Belgium club Zulte - he is their problem now  :o

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10729 on: August 09, 2019, 11:14:27 AM »
Way back when he trashed his hotel room while on loan at Brentford in 2012 and was sent back to the club Roy Hodgson wanted to sack him. Ashdown did not want to throw away a talented yet wayward youngster. Ashdown's view prevailed and the fee Albion eventually received to some extent justified that stance.

Unfortunately I think that proved to Berahino that no matter how bad his behaviour a club will always indulge him to either protect their investment or secure his talent. Until his behaviour finally prompted Stoke to act it has held true for the better part of a decade. Although even here another club has stepped in to offer him a deal albeit at a much lower level.

The story might have been different had we sacked him it might not have been but I have always felt that was a turning point.

Not sure what Paddy has to do with our affairs  ;D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10730 on: August 09, 2019, 11:34:39 AM »
Not sure what Paddy has to do with our affairs  ;D

Some people will blame politicians for anything. Bit harsh in this case considering he never worked at the Albion and he's been dead since December 2018 but never mind  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10731 on: August 09, 2019, 11:52:10 AM »
Signed by Belgium club Zulte - he is their problem now  :o

Good luck with that.

New town, new country, fresh flesh...... what could possibly go wrong????
MAGA!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10732 on: August 09, 2019, 11:58:58 AM »
Is his UK driving ban enforceable in Belgium, hic, hic!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10733 on: August 09, 2019, 12:04:45 PM »
Is his UK driving ban enforceable in Belgium, hic, hic!

Pretty sure UK driving bans remain enforceable across Europe for the whole of their UK duration.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10734 on: August 09, 2019, 01:04:09 PM »
interesting that the types of players that are defending Berahino / critising Johnson's comments yesterday are all players that themselves have been problems for clubs.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10735 on: August 09, 2019, 01:28:24 PM »
Pretty sure UK driving bans remain enforceable across Europe for the whole of their UK duration.

You are right Dan.

www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/Do-UK-driving-bans-apply-abroad/

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10736 on: August 09, 2019, 01:31:51 PM »
Good luck with that.

New town, new country, fresh flesh...... what could possibly go wrong????

I bet his entourage of 'friends' are already on their way over to him.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10737 on: August 09, 2019, 01:42:48 PM »
The Oatcake is pretty damning reading regarding Berahino  :o

We did tell them though, not the same player that first burst onto the scene

I said it when he went, he will drop down the leagues

Dont want to say i told you so....BUT....I told you so  8) ;D

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10738 on: August 09, 2019, 01:47:07 PM »
I bet his entourage of 'friends' are already on their way over to him.

Oh yes.

Reminds me of Mike Tyson. When he had money his entourage was enormous, but they soon left when the money dried up. His biography is a great read actually...…

MAGA!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10739 on: August 09, 2019, 01:50:43 PM »
Oh yes.

Reminds me of Mike Tyson. When he had money his entourage was enormous, but they soon left when the money dried up. His biography is a great read actually...…

its just a question of who will fleece him first, the hangers on or child maintenance
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10740 on: August 09, 2019, 01:54:32 PM »
its just a question of who will fleece him first, the hangers on or child maintenance

Im going with his drug dealer

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10741 on: August 09, 2019, 01:57:09 PM »
Glen Johnson - 8 August 2019

“If you were on the bench or not in the matchday squad, you’d have to run after the game. Of course, no players liked doing it because they’re angry at not playing in the first place and you may be running at 10.30pm, but they were the rules and everyone did it, but Saido would jog.

Say we had a day off the following Sunday [after a match], because Saido didn’t run, everybody had to come in on that day – even those who played.

So what happens on Sunday is we turn up for training, Saido phones in sick and there was uproar. Where do you go from that? There was total disrespect and that’s what he was like on a daily basis and the fact they paid [up his contract] with three years left to go says it all.”

WOW  ;D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:19:27 PM by BB74 »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #10742 on: August 10, 2019, 09:23:54 PM »
Scored on his debut for Zulte Waregem in a 2-0 win

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10743 on: August 11, 2019, 01:25:20 AM »
Cue not turning up for training next week.  :D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10744 on: August 11, 2019, 07:39:58 AM »

Reported to have scored with a few ladies and sellers on his debut as well  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10745 on: August 11, 2019, 05:06:22 PM »
Glen Johnson talking about banbino in a brutally honest fashion, unbelievable what he got up to.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/berahino-west-brom-stoke-city-16736910
The squirt scored today for his new club a case of  last chance saloon I reckon.
First posted this on ex players so apologies for repeating what someone else has posted.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:07:28 PM by KYA »

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10746 on: August 13, 2019, 10:42:24 AM »
The over-riding feeling I get when considering the Berahino saga is one of sadness and disappointment, rather than anger and annoyance.

This isn't a defense of Saido bytheby. I'm fairly sure he's an individual that I wouldn't really want to spend time with, and I am of the opinion that he had so many chances and a huge amount of special treatment from us, to try and keep him onside.

The juncture where I think it went wrong, is that bid from spurs on deadline day back in 2015 (God almighty, that long ago). We obviously knocked it back as it was too late in the day, and structured awfully. Saido had a choice then. Either accept the situation for what it was, or be a dick about it. We all know what he did.

I remember saying to my Dad at the time, that if he got his head down, had another season like the one just gone, it wouldn't be Spurs that came knocking for him, it would be Man Utd, or Chelsea or the like.

For me, Daniel Levy has to shoulder some blame here for disrupting and distracting a player. Saido himself, obviously has to take most of the blame for where he's ended up and how. That Spurs bid was a real "sliding doors" moment for his career.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10747 on: August 13, 2019, 11:20:16 AM »
The over-riding feeling I get when considering the Berahino saga is one of sadness and disappointment, rather than anger and annoyance.

This isn't a defense of Saido bytheby. I'm fairly sure he's an individual that I wouldn't really want to spend time with, and I am of the opinion that he had so many chances and a huge amount of special treatment from us, to try and keep him onside.

The juncture where I think it went wrong, is that bid from spurs on deadline day back in 2015 (God almighty, that long ago). We obviously knocked it back as it was too late in the day, and structured awfully. Saido had a choice then. Either accept the situation for what it was, or be a dick about it. We all know what he did.

I remember saying to my Dad at the time, that if he got his head down, had another season like the one just gone, it wouldn't be Spurs that came knocking for him, it would be Man Utd, or Chelsea or the like.

For me, Daniel Levy has to shoulder some blame here for disrupting and distracting a player. Saido himself, obviously has to take most of the blame for where he's ended up and how. That Spurs bid was a real "sliding doors" moment for his career.

Cannot help but think his agent had a fair bit to do with it as well by 'bigging' Saido up to the point Saido believed it.....
MAGA!

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10748 on: August 13, 2019, 11:52:12 AM »
The initial period after the Tottenham saga you can have some sympathy for him perhaps but over time, with his apparent drug use, speeding, dis-interested attitude the only person to blame is himself.

He only really looked a decent player for 10 games or so really when he first broke into the team and he lived off that for a couple of years.

I guess he's a millionaire so probably isn't too bothered either way now.........not sure he could ever (mentally) be good enough for the top two divisions now? He may even fail to get a contract at all ?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #10749 on: August 13, 2019, 12:18:01 PM »

I think its very unfair to portion any blame towards Daniel Levy.

Lets face it - Berahino had a lot of baggage prior to any rumoured interest from Spurs.

The derisory bids from Spurs should not be used to cover for this total waste of space.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom