Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556807 times)

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #8800 on: August 29, 2016, 12:24:11 PM »
Any manager who buys him on the back of having 10 or 12 good games a few years back deserves all they get.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8801 on: August 29, 2016, 12:35:04 PM »
Playing for Pulis as isolated midfielder or benched, messed around by the chairman, any wonder he had an attitude? He is in a team that scores less than a goal per game. It's truly awful and negative and the lad wants to play upfront as he did under Irvine where coincidentally he hit twenty goals in a season. I hope he moves and wish him well. The animosity from our fans is misplaced. He has scored some very important goals and the club is due a big pay day if he goes. That's a win win.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8802 on: August 29, 2016, 12:46:00 PM »
dont agree with booing but i cant wait to see the back of him and his arrogant face
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8803 on: August 29, 2016, 12:47:00 PM »
Playing for Pulis as isolated midfielder or benched, messed around by the chairman, any wonder he had an attitude? He is in a team that scores less than a goal per game. It's truly awful and negative and the lad wants to play upfront as he did under Irvine where coincidentally he hit twenty goals in a season. I hope he moves and wish him well. The animosity from our fans is misplaced. He has scored some very important goals and the club is due a big pay day if he goes. That's a win win.
I seem to remember Morrison lhaving an issue with Berahino's  attitude way back before Pulis arrived. I don't condone the booing and I didn't. However I think he has to share responsibility for the position he is currently in and not just blame Pulis.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8804 on: August 29, 2016, 12:52:49 PM »
I seem to remember Morrison lhaving an issue with Berahino's  attitude way back before Pulis arrived. I don't condone the booing and I didn't. However I think he has to share responsibility for the position he is currently in and not just blame Pulis.

Morrison punched Berahino because he didnt keep the ball in the corner during crystal palace. Legend.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8805 on: August 29, 2016, 12:57:26 PM »
You allegedly know football go break it down yourself. If the truth be known it,doesn't bother the team they all think he's a p!!!k anyway.

Well I don't need to really do I as we both know that booing Berahino doesn't help the team or supporters in anyway. The only beneficiaries are our opponents and potential suitors. But if you want to be an immature boo-boy then it's your god given right so knock yourself out with it if that's what floats your boat. What's next, dash a coin at his head ? ::) Some of our supporters seriously need to grow up and stop getting butt-hurt about what players do in their own time and get behind them. Berahino had a good game against Palace, his next 2 performances weren't great but having watched every preseason match apart from Kiddy and Stafford Rangers he was head and shoulders the sharpest player on the pitch which means he's commited himself in training. As long as he does that and pulls on the shirt, we should get behind him despite whatever we "assume" about him as a person. I reckon Marlon Kind and Ched Evans wouldn't get the grief that Berahino gets off some sections. No wonder he wants to leave with the treatment he gets from our more prejudge-mental supporters.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:00:19 PM by VANDERLEI »

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8806 on: August 29, 2016, 01:07:02 PM »
Well I don't need to really do I as we both know that booing Berahino doesn't help the team or supporters in anyway. The only beneficiaries are our opponents and potential suitors. But if you want to be an immature boo-boy then it's your god given right so knock yourself out with it if that's what floats your boat. What's next, dash a coin at his head ? ::) Some of our supporters seriously need to grow up and stop getting butt-hurt about what players do in their own time and get behind them. Berahino had a good game against Palace, his next 2 performances weren't great but having watched every preseason match apart from Kiddy and Stafford Rangers he was head and shoulders the sharpest player on the pitch which means he's commited himself in training. As long as he does that and pulls on the shirt, we should get behind him despite whatever we "assume" about him as a person. I reckon Marlon Kind and Ched Evans wouldn't get the grief that Berahino gets off some sections. No wonder he wants to leave with the treatment he gets from our more prejudge-mental supporters.

He wanted to leave before fans started booing him. I agree about booing him but I do disagree that nothing a player does off the pitch matters.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:09:35 PM by B_H_Baggie »

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8807 on: August 29, 2016, 01:11:15 PM »
He's a total utter bell end. With that said booing him on to the pitch helps absolutely no one, regardless of what he has done he's still our player and if you can't bring yourself to show him vocal support its best to just ignore him.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8808 on: August 29, 2016, 01:18:27 PM »
Morrison punched Berahino because he didnt keep the ball in the corner during crystal palace. Legend.

Then Mozza himself made a similar mistake a few games later, doh.

But nobody gave him a legendary punch. Slack.  :-[

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #8809 on: August 29, 2016, 01:20:36 PM »
Steve Madeley ‏@SteveMadeleyWWA
And it doesn't appear there have been any Berahino developments despite Pulis post-match comments. Still think he's likely to stay. #wba

Hope he goes to be honest, but if he stays we really need him to rediscover some form.

I hope he goes personally for a few reasons.

1. There is so much baggage with him and he quite clearly doesn't want to be here. I cannot wait for him and all the off the field troubles to be someone elses problem.

2. He is being played out of position and it is quite painful to see him operating in the number 10 role. He is best served playing on the defenders shoulders which is something that will not happen under Pulis. He may do very well at Stoke with Arnautovic, Shaqiri and Bojan supplying him with service.

3. He's split the fans so far down the middle that its best he buggers off so we can do without the turmoil in the stands.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8810 on: August 29, 2016, 01:22:17 PM »
Then Mozza himself made a similar mistake a few games later, doh.

But nobody gave him a legendary punch. Slack.  :-[
I guess it wasn't so much the mistake but his attitude back in the dressing after making the mistake.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8811 on: August 29, 2016, 01:25:13 PM »
He wanted to leave before fans started booing him. I agree about booing him but I do disagree that nothing a player does off the pitch matters.

Wanting to leave shouldn't subject him to the dogs abuse he gets. Lukaku rejected us for Everton a while ago, and since then he has had a warm reception from our "grateful" supporters. We have previous form for vilifying our players (Moore, Carson, Brunt are just a few off the top of my head). It doesn't help us so what's the point?

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8812 on: August 29, 2016, 01:29:09 PM »
Wanting to leave shouldn't subject him to the dogs abuse he gets. Lukaku rejected us for Everton a while ago, and since then he has had a warm reception from our "grateful" supporters. We have previous form for vilifying our players (Moore, Carson, Brunt are just a few off the top of my head). It doesn't help us so what's the point?
I think you mis understand me I agree that booing him is pointless I didn't boo him yesterday. But condoning any off pitch behaviour I can't agree with.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8813 on: August 29, 2016, 01:32:52 PM »
Doesn't seem like Saido expects to go anywhere, he's off on his holidays...

https://twitter.com/SBerahino/status/770233001649311744

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8814 on: August 29, 2016, 01:38:19 PM »
It didn't make any difference for Alan Ashman.

He is already there by the look of it and will be back before the window closes.
I think he will go on the last day, and we will replace him with a big signing.

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8815 on: August 29, 2016, 01:49:36 PM »
Thought it was Cardiff?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8816 on: August 29, 2016, 02:20:30 PM »

He is already there by the look of it and will be back before the window closes.

I met the man after we won the FA cup...Pleasant and courteous man.
He passed away too soon.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8817 on: August 29, 2016, 02:24:49 PM »
I think you mis understand me I agree that booing him is pointless I didn't boo him yesterday. But condoning any off pitch behaviour I can't agree with.

I wasn't directly aiming my thoughts at you Bry, just at the sections of supporters that feel the need to make their displeasure heard. It's fair enough to have an opinion on his off field behaviour but to use it as a "stick to beat him with" while he is representing us is something I cannot agree with. It's the clubs job to discipline players, not the supporters. Football supporters to tend to act quite entitled sometimes and I think this is an example of that.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8818 on: August 29, 2016, 02:27:41 PM »

Or he's been told by pulis to get away til the window closes so he don't get even more distracted... and with the money were apparently spending on Chadli, camacho and slimani  (if we get the three), got a feeling that will be our 3 'biggest signings'

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8819 on: August 29, 2016, 02:40:46 PM »
Or he's been told by pulis to get away til the window closes so he don't get even more distracted... and with the money were apparently spending on Chadli, camacho and slimani  (if we get the three), got a feeling that will be our 3 'biggest signings'

Slimani isn't happening, he's on his way to Leicester.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8820 on: August 29, 2016, 02:50:30 PM »
Slimani isn't happening, he's on his way to Leicester.

Has he signed now? If he hasn't you can't really call it off... look at Fletcher with West ham then signed for us.. sakho was about to sign and that fell through...

Until it's signed and you see the old pics with the shirt/scarf etc you can never be so certain :)

But either way, can't see Saido going anywhere to be honest I can't believe he would go on holiday for just a couple of days to come back in time for deadline day especially when it's the international break and he ain't playing that weekend.

I sense a few unhappy fans with regards to the Saido situation come Thursday.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8821 on: August 29, 2016, 03:00:24 PM »

That would tend to contradict what Pulis said on TV that his future would be decided in the next 48 hours. Find it incredible that he has now gone on holiday with the club possibly set to lose £20m and keep a player that is now immensely unpopular and has no apparent desire to commit himself to the team.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8822 on: August 29, 2016, 03:02:35 PM »
Thought it was Cardiff?

Ah your probably roght, we gave away so many leads they all blend into one.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8823 on: August 29, 2016, 03:16:40 PM »
It was Cardiff 3-3 😊

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8824 on: August 29, 2016, 03:16:42 PM »
He may have already signed for Stoke, but it won't be FINALLY completed until we have replacements definitely in place.