Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556788 times)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #8775 on: August 28, 2016, 06:43:16 PM »
But they are footballers.. we as fans should be judging FOOTBALLERS based on their FOOTBALL.. so we can be happy with Fletcher playing sh!t because he hasn't played up?

Never heard anything as pathetic in my life.

Maybe he is a pr!ck, a lot of footballers are but it still doesn't justify people booing him. Pretty sad really the attitude of some of the fans... especially when they judge our players attitudes.
judge him as a footballer ok, for 8 months he's been a waste of space.
imho that is.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8776 on: August 28, 2016, 06:49:18 PM »
To be honest I'm sick of hearing about him now, just want him to be somebody else's problem.
You can be sure that wherever he goes, it will definitely be someone else's problem. Seems to me that it's never his.

Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8777 on: August 28, 2016, 06:53:10 PM »
its almost like bera has become a victim, how on earth did that happen? His situation is almost entirely his own making.

Apart from the Spurs episode last year Saido hasn't done much that an ordinary 20-odd year old wouldn't do, it's just that the media have a ready made story for click bait.
 I was having this very same discussion this afternoon. Hardly any pro's these days play for the history of the club, they play as a team for each other, but not for the geographical area. I'll be willing to bet, that Solomon Rondon & Claudio Yacob didn't have a clue where West Bromwich was before they came here. On that basis the disrespectful to the club & the fans argument just doesn't hold water. On the other hand the more perceptive player will recognise that life can be so much easier,if you can get the fans on board.

So while I agree, that Saido has'nt helped himself, it's not entirely his own making & he has been tweaked by the media
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8778 on: August 28, 2016, 06:54:02 PM »
Forget everything else , what has he done on a football pitch in the past 18 months which makes anyone believe he's anything special?

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8779 on: August 28, 2016, 06:59:24 PM »
Apart from the Spurs episode last year Saido hasn't done much that an ordinary 20-odd year old wouldn't do, it's just that the media have a ready made story for click bait.
 I was having this very same discussion this afternoon. Hardly any pro's these days play for the history of the club, they play as a team for each other, but not for the geographical area. I'll be willing to bet, that Solomon Rondon & Claudio Yacob didn't have a clue where West Bromwich was before they came here. On that basis the disrespectful to the club & the fans argument just doesn't hold water. On the other hand the more perceptive player will recognise that life can be so much easier,if you can get the fans on board.

So while I agree, that Saido has'nt helped himself, it's not entirely his own making & he has been tweaked by the media
It most certainly wasn't the media that made him have his Twitter meltdown, nor the drink driving, not the laughing gas. It certainly wasn't the media I saw sulking around the hawthorns pitch looking decidedly overweight and uninterested in breaking a sweat on almost all the occasions he's taken to the pitch since that ill advised night on deadline day.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #8780 on: August 28, 2016, 07:00:22 PM »
Lads, this forum is for transfer talk, not to repeat what gets posted in the Saido thread in the main board.

Not moving any more posts that ignore it, simply removing them
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 07:08:14 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8781 on: August 28, 2016, 07:06:16 PM »
Our best striker  ;D Your posts are usually bizarre and I disagree with the majority of what you say, but that is right up there.

Olsson up top would be more effective, hell, even Lambert would.

Even with his attitude Berahino is the only Albion player other teams are interested in. Does this not tell you something? A player who has been managed badly for the last 18+ months.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8782 on: August 28, 2016, 07:08:24 PM »
I genuinely think he is not very good, his finishing can be top notch, but the rest of his game is Championship standard at best, get rid ASAP!!
Baggie in Southampton

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8783 on: August 28, 2016, 07:24:29 PM »
Even with his attitude Berahino is the only Albion player other teams are interested in. Does this not tell you something? A player who has been managed badly for the last 18+ months.
I think you'll find this is incorrect. Arsenal were interested in Evans, and a few clubs are interested in McManaman + the youngsters we have loaned out. Probably some others that we haven't heard about. Watch this space in the next few days

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8784 on: August 28, 2016, 08:10:53 PM »
judge him as a footballer ok, for 8 months he's been a waste of space.
imho that is.

There are a handful of players that have been a waste of space (and money) doing their whole time here... why ain't we slating those 24/7?

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8785 on: August 28, 2016, 08:15:38 PM »
Steve Madeley ‏@SteveMadeleyWWA
And it doesn't appear there have been any Berahino developments despite Pulis post-match comments. Still think he's likely to stay. #wba

Hope he goes to be honest, but if he stays we really need him to rediscover some form.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8786 on: August 28, 2016, 08:17:28 PM »
To be honest I'm sick of hearing about him now, just want him to be somebody else's problem.

Too true...............been pretty patient with the guy and kept hoping he would knuckle down and come good again.

The rubbish I've seen from him so this season tells me it's best to get rid whilst we can. I want him out of our club.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8787 on: August 28, 2016, 08:18:47 PM »
Steve Madeley ‏@SteveMadeleyWWA
And it doesn't appear there have been any Berahino developments despite Pulis post-match comments. Still think he's likely to stay. #wba

Hope he goes to be honest, but if he stays we really need him to rediscover some form.

He needs to play up top, rather than behind the striker - that's not his role.

He looks devoid of confidence to me, rather than not being bothered.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8788 on: August 28, 2016, 08:19:11 PM »
I think you'll find this is incorrect. Arsenal were interested in Evans, and a few clubs are interested in McManaman + the youngsters we have loaned out. Probably some others that we haven't heard about. Watch this space in the next few days

Arsenal and McManaman are not the same, they are just being linked and rumours, Evans was probably arsenal's 2nd 3rd or 4th choice and McManaman... he's still not in the squad and not gone anywhere by the looks of it so obviously there is no real interest.... for teams to STILL want a player that has been in poor form (regardless of the reason), been an easy option for the media to make endless stories about and is currently in our first team so they know we will play hardball...

VVVAlbion has a good point.

As for the youngsters, that's mainly for the players benefit not because clubs are chasing after them.

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8789 on: August 28, 2016, 08:50:40 PM »
I really hope he moves on because it seems his head isn't in it and Pulis really doesn't want him around. Not sure a great fit because I imagine West Brom lost a lot leverage lately.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8790 on: August 28, 2016, 08:54:02 PM »
Also interesting that Pulis referred to unhappy players and players keen to leave. Surely looking at Saido's body language today he's one of those. It's reached the point where he just needs to leave. In my opinion he should have gone before the season started.

Also interesting listening to the radio on the way home that all of the commentators picked up on his body language and attitude throughout the day. From waltzing out on his own at half time and keeping to himself, to his jogging around the pitch when he came on. So it's not just us that are noticing it.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8791 on: August 28, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2016/08/28/tony-pulis-drops-huge-hint-that-saido-berahino-will-be-sold/

What Pulis says suggests he should be gone by Wednesday.

Wouldn't believe express and star too much, they say he only came on because Leko gt injured.... he was warmed up and ready to come on before they told Leko to get his shirt on.... so he was coming on either way they are obviously desperate for a story.

Pulis saying 'we will see in the next so many hours' could mean he's going or staying. Pointless rumour to me.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8792 on: August 28, 2016, 09:41:46 PM »
He might actually want to stay if we sign players who might just create chances and with a formation that enables him to play as part of a front two!

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8793 on: August 28, 2016, 09:47:57 PM »
He might actually want to stay if we sign players who might just create chances and with a formation that enables him to play as part of a front two!

Possible but unlikely. If we sign £50m of talent with quality then he would be needed to be sold to make up the payments.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8794 on: August 28, 2016, 09:49:05 PM »
Saido two years ago would be great. just think its best for both player and club to go its separate ways.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8795 on: August 28, 2016, 10:00:15 PM »
Wouldn't believe express and star too much, they say he only came on because Leko gt injured.... he was warmed up and ready to come on before they told Leko to get his shirt on.... so he was coming on either way they are obviously desperate for a story.

Pulis saying 'we will see in the next so many hours' could mean he's going or staying. Pointless rumour to me.
He wasnt ready to come on Leko had to continue for a few minutes because he werent ready
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 10:55:44 PM by WBArgo »

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8796 on: August 28, 2016, 10:35:04 PM »
He wasnt ready to come on Leko had to continue for a few minutes because he werent ready
No, you could see the trainer indicating to the bench to give Leko a minute or so to see if he could run it off.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 10:56:01 PM by WBArgo »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8797 on: August 28, 2016, 10:48:03 PM »
No, you could see the trainer indicating to the bench to give Leko a minute or so to see if he could run it off.

The physio gave the bench the thumbs up before Leko limped over to the East Stand touch line. I'd guess they thought he'd be able to run it off.

Back on topic though, I reckon that's the last we'll see of him in an Albion shirt.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8798 on: August 28, 2016, 10:52:25 PM »
The physio gave the bench the thumbs up before Leko limped over to the East Stand touch line. I'd guess they thought he'd be able to run it off.

Back on topic though, I reckon that's the last we'll see of him in an Albion shirt.
Hopefully it suits all parties to go seperate ways now. Circus has gone on long enough

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8799 on: August 28, 2016, 10:57:23 PM »
As Oldbury has already said please talk about his behaviour/performance in the main Berahino thread, this is purely for his transfer talk.

PLEASE READ MY ABOVE MESSAGE before continuing about Berahino and how he performed today
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:15:44 PM by WBArgo »