Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556733 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5575 on: November 19, 2015, 04:50:44 PM »
Talking to a bloke who knows a bloke type of thing he reckons Burundi lad is not on 2016 calender

thats common knowledge that
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5576 on: November 19, 2015, 09:06:13 PM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/saido-berahino-gunning-arsenal-after-6855194

Saido Berahino gunning for Arsenal after working on fitness over the international break

Saido Berahino has Arsenal in his sights this weekend after trainng daily in the international break to lose weight and sharpen up.

Berahino has not scored for over a month and missed a costly free header at Manchester United in West Brom's 2-0 loss.

Baggies boss Tony Pulis has been critical of the forward's fitness since his collapsed deadline day move to Spurs.

But the £25million-rated forward, 22, came in everyday last week for extra gym and ball work in a bid to add to his three goals this term.

And Hawthorns coach Ben Garner reckons both Berahino and Albion can reap the benefits ahead of Arsenal's visit on Saturday.

"Tuesday's session, that's the best I've seen Saido in training since I've come to the club," said Garner, who joined in October from Crystal Palace.

"He looked really sharp, he looked hungry and he was excellent, which is great.

"He was in all of last week, he didn't have any days off so he trained every day, worked really hard and showed a good attitude towards it.

"Because it's competition for places, I think it's every player's responsibility to be as fit as they possibly can be to make the best of their ability.

"Saido has got wonderful talent, but it's up to him to be in peak physical condition to make the most of that talent."

He remains uncapped after a controversial 12 months in which he has been punished for drink driving and also threatened to go on strike when a move to Spurs collapsed.

But Garner insisted: “With Saido, he's got as good a chance as anyone of being in that squad for the summer because if he gets in the team and plays well and scores goals he's as good as any young English forward.

"The chance is there for him if he takes it here at West Brom.

"If Saido can hit good form here and play well and score goals, then I'm sure he’ll be straight back in the frame for the England squad.

"What Roy Hodgson has done with the England team, he has selected a lot on form which in some ways is right because it rewards good form and it rewards those doing well in the league at the time.

"It keeps all the English players motivated because they know 'if I'm doing well I'm going to get an opportunity'."

.......................................................................................

Fairplay Saido, funny how no one picked up on this story, sure if it was something bad everyone would be all over it. Seems like most people would rather have players 'who put a shift in' rather than someone with natural class, no wonder we struggle to progress.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:01:23 AM by leeiswba »

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5577 on: November 19, 2015, 10:39:12 PM »
Funny how no-one picked up on this story?? That's not a story...it's a novel. ???
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

fpvmtimbdbo

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #5578 on: November 20, 2015, 07:37:44 AM »
Still shouldn't start against any of the big teams. Only play him at home against teams where 3 points is the aim.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5579 on: November 20, 2015, 08:56:49 AM »
Maybe the little mug realises that he can forget about a move to a top club or getting in the England squad if he doesn't improve his fitness and start scoring goals again!

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5580 on: November 20, 2015, 01:27:37 PM »
Let's not forget Saido needs us in the short term if 1) he wants a big money move and 2) if he wants to play for England (which would also help his big money move).

I think he'll be one of those players who one day looks great but goes missing for a bit on plenty of others because his head isn't screwed on right to be a top top player. The comments above were clearly aimed at reminding Saido why he needs to work harder (1 and 2 above). I'd say it looks like he's starting at the weekend and this is intended to get him going a bit.............I'd still take £20m+ and replace him with a couple of players who will be more consistent and add more to the team all round.....

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5581 on: November 20, 2015, 01:34:07 PM »
If we could sell him for £20mil and replace him with Matt Phillips and Charlie Austin, I'd take that every day of the week!!!

Berahino shouldn't be in a position where in November, he needs to do extra work to get his fitness up to where it needs to be! The lad has serious talent, but does he have the necessary brains to apply himself?

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5582 on: November 20, 2015, 01:40:33 PM »
Still shouldn't start against any of the big teams. Only play him at home against teams where 3 points is the aim.

What a great way to strangle his valuation.

fpvmtimbdbo

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #5583 on: November 20, 2015, 01:51:40 PM »
What a great way to strangle his valuation.

What's most important for the club right now is to get results and avoid relegation. They're not here to act as a platform for a player to inflate his asking price.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5584 on: November 20, 2015, 02:37:15 PM »
What's most important for the club right now is to get results and avoid relegation. They're not here to act as a platform for a player to inflate his asking price.

We're not in danger of relegation. He's always going to be worth a starting place.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5585 on: November 20, 2015, 03:02:20 PM »
I know he's been a right t*t but he's still our only real matchwinner. We need to get behind him and not crucify him. He'll be another Odemwingie. We won't realise what we have until he's gone.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5586 on: November 20, 2015, 03:59:49 PM »
I know he's been a right t*t but he's still our only real matchwinner. We need to get behind him and not crucify him. He'll be another Odemwingie. We won't realise what we have until he's gone.

It doesn't matter if we get behind him or not - he seems to do what he wants! Our support counts for pretty much naff all with him - if his head is in the game, he will perform...if it isn't, he doesn't bother! To be out of shape come November is poor to say the least!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5587 on: November 20, 2015, 05:44:24 PM »
Always the same, like before when everyone loved Long but wanted rid of Odemwingie when only one of them was actually a good footballer and could win us games and the other just ran.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5588 on: November 21, 2015, 09:48:15 AM »
A fit and firing Berahino in a team that utilises his abilities is an asset. However he is not in form is not fully fit according to Pulis and nor is the team set up in a way that gets the best out of him. At this moment in time he does not justify his place in the team.

We are now at the point where he has to leave the club to rescue his career and we need to sell him before last season' s form is just a distant memory and we will struggle to get any sort of fee for him.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5589 on: November 21, 2015, 10:25:46 AM »
A fit and firing Berahino in a team that utilises his abilities is an asset. However he is not in form is not fully fit according to Pulis and nor is the team set up in a way that gets the best out of him. At this moment in time he does not justify his place in the team.

We are now at the point where he has to leave the club to rescue his career and we need to sell him before last season' s form is just a distant memory and we will struggle to get any sort of fee for him.

You make in depth and interesting posts, but you've become the ultimate naysayer on here. It's not all doom and gloom, and while I disagree entirely with your point the highlighted parts just aren't true. Firstly WBA do not care one jot about SB's career unless it is here with us, and rightly so. Secondly, he will not lose value due to form, his value will reduce only as his contract runs down. What the club need to do is convince the lad to re-sign.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5590 on: November 21, 2015, 03:07:33 PM »
I'd bet at least half of the premier league would 'rescue Saido from his West Brom Hell'!  :) Hopefully he scores 4 or 5 in the next month and we can get rid of him for a good fee in January.  ;)

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5591 on: November 21, 2015, 09:15:11 PM »
He may not be playing well but at least he has learnt to take the ball to the corner flag in the last few minutes to wind down a game ;)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5592 on: November 21, 2015, 11:06:00 PM »
You make in depth and interesting posts, but you've become the ultimate naysayer on here. It's not all doom and gloom, and while I disagree entirely with your point the highlighted parts just aren't true. Firstly WBA do not care one jot about SB's career unless it is here with us, and rightly so. Secondly, he will not lose value due to form, his value will reduce only as his contract runs down. What the club need to do is convince the lad to re-sign.

I know that Berahino's career is not an issue for the club but the fact that it looks stalled here i.e. not in the team and no obvious spot in the current set up will do nothing to lessen his desire to leave. Unless he signs a new deal then the contract situation will force our hand but not being in the limelight and being out of form is going to do nothing for the fee that he will generate.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5593 on: November 22, 2015, 02:08:29 PM »
not even in the starting line up l cant see anyone coming in for him in the transfer window,especially at 20m,if Morrison stays fit and pulis adopts the 5 in midfield approach like today,and it worked he might not start many games at all

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5594 on: November 22, 2015, 03:23:41 PM »
I will be amazed if a top club comes in for him with his attitude, it stinks. get rid asap
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

keithowba86

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5595 on: November 22, 2015, 09:03:31 PM »
Add Saido to the Spurs team and they win the league!! 20 million well spent I think they'd argue...

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5596 on: November 22, 2015, 10:05:31 PM »
Ok.. I have been told by someone who has been surprisingly accurate this summer...

There is a serious plan to unite Harry Kane & Saido in a team....

but that team is not Spurs (and not this window)

Expect Man Utd to throw money at both in January and next summer....

Well that is what he says

I've been told that this is still what is the plan..
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5597 on: November 22, 2015, 10:37:02 PM »
I've been told that this is still what is the plan..

And where does Martial who is a better player than either fit into this masterplan?

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5598 on: November 22, 2015, 11:04:41 PM »
And where does Martial who is a better player than either fit into this masterplan?

What? .... you reckon they wouldn't want all three on the books

On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5599 on: November 22, 2015, 11:28:49 PM »
I don't think they'd touch Berahino with yours mate.  ;D