Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556749 times)

tennant1wba

• Junior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1650 on: January 03, 2015, 10:46:02 AM »
i would sell berahino and bid for lukaku  or  defoe  and maybe hope brown ideye comes through cant see it though really !!
we all hate wolves scum 💩

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1651 on: January 03, 2015, 10:57:59 AM »
i would sell berahino and bid for lukaku  or  defoe  and maybe hope brown ideye comes through cant see it though really !!

Well, Defoe is a lot likelier than Lukaku.

Then again, Lukaku is far likelier than Brown Ideye making it in the PL!

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1652 on: January 03, 2015, 11:27:16 AM »
I do not think Everton would sell Lukaku, not unless a silly bid like £50mil was made!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1653 on: January 03, 2015, 11:37:56 AM »
No way is Lukaku going to happen. Lukaku was great for us I've never seen such a talented youngster up the Albion who I truly believe could go on to be world class. Although it's about time some of our fans moved on it really is. In no way will we see Albion spend the sort of money Everton would want. With regard to Brown Ideyes criticism I realise he hasn't hit the ground running but how anyone can write off a young player from the Ukrainian league after only a handfull of starts I'll never know. Let's give the lad a fair chance shall we.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1654 on: January 03, 2015, 12:12:38 PM »
Thing about Saido that strikes me is he hasn't nandled the sudden success very well at all. Look at the Laughing Gas/Drink Driving issues. That shows a certaiin level of immaturity, so, if an offer came in for say £23m and was blocked would he resent the club and sulk for the rest of the season? I don't want to see him go and It's a tough call so glad I'm not the one making it

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1655 on: January 03, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »
I would like to see how he goes under Pulis, one reason being, it makes sense to provide him with proper service not long balls.
From all we've read - not just from AI but the academy staff who developed him, it seems he is a good lad 90% of the time....maybe he just gets bored now and then and goes of the rails.
There's one thing for sure, Pulis won't let anyone get above their station and swan about for too long. 
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1656 on: January 03, 2015, 12:50:33 PM »
We have to keep him at least for the rest of the season. He will play a big part in our 1-0 remaining games this season
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1657 on: January 03, 2015, 04:51:27 PM »
To stand any chance of staying up we would be foolish to let him go

baggielad82

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1658 on: January 03, 2015, 05:03:26 PM »
I would say Berahino is off then. Didn't celebrate or smile for anyone of his 4 goals against Gateshead today!

I don't care if we're playing Gateshead or Chelsea, you should always show a bit of joy....he didn't look interested at all.
I'm watching you Ghandi!!!

BAGGYINTHESOUTH

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1659 on: January 03, 2015, 05:04:28 PM »
Not a happy attitude after four goals he put in, LAST GAME FOR THE ALBION???????

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1660 on: January 03, 2015, 05:05:44 PM »
Oh who cares. He's a maverick, an idiot etc etc but he scores us goals. Thats all that matters.

We are too nice as a club. Sometimes the top players are annoying but they are still top players.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1661 on: January 03, 2015, 05:06:47 PM »
Great finishing from the lad but blimey cheer up fella when you score and be happy about it.

try too hang onto him until summer then go from there I reckon

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1662 on: January 03, 2015, 05:09:02 PM »
Let him go in the summer maybe but we cannot afford to in January.

I don't trust us as a club to replace him adequately.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1663 on: January 03, 2015, 05:10:13 PM »
If he scores 10 more this season then £30m at least!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1664 on: January 03, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »
Oh who cares. He's a maverick, an idiot etc etc but he scores us goals. Thats all that matters.

We are too nice as a club. Sometimes the top players are annoying but they are still top players.

Totally agree. A lot of top players and indeed people in other professions have some flaws. I'm not fussed what goes on off the pitch if he's doing the business on it.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1665 on: January 03, 2015, 05:11:59 PM »
Sell him at our peril

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1666 on: January 03, 2015, 05:19:40 PM »
Imagine Liverpool and Spurs were watching very closely ...just read that Burton believes that no player is guaranteed to stay and every player has a price...Peace will not turn down 20 million..

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1667 on: January 03, 2015, 05:21:06 PM »
Imagine Liverpool and Spurs were watching very closely ...just read that Burton believes that no player is guaranteed to stay and every player has a price...Peace will not turn down 20 million..

Having a striker who can help keep us up I am sure is worth more than 20 million

Marcus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1668 on: January 03, 2015, 05:23:01 PM »
I know he didn't smile and looks like he wants away but he put a shift in today and scored some great goals, so fair play to him.

Just a thought, but I wonder if there is any chance of selling him in Jan for a reduced value and having him loaned back to us for the rest of the season? I guess that's only possible if one of the really big boys are interested. Couldn't see Liverpool or Spurs being interested in deal like that though  :( #clutchingatstraws
Unspoilt By Progress

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1669 on: January 03, 2015, 05:43:20 PM »
Doesn't sound like hes dying to get away (from post game interview with bbc)

"Gateshead started really bright in the first 20 minutes and passed really well, tried to play, but once we scored the first, we were confident we could get more. We wanted to kill the game off as soon as possible.

"Tony Pulis is a big character and has put his stamp on the club already, you could see that the lads were getting stuck in for him today and it is great to see us get seven goals for him today."

Hopefully he gets his head down and gets on with the rest of this season and everyone gives each othr a fresh start with TP now in the driving seat.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:20:24 PM by gazberg »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1670 on: January 03, 2015, 05:50:35 PM »
Those people relaxed about the club selling Berahino.
Do you really think there is an adequate replacement out there who can take those chances against Prem teams?
If he is sold, just  don't come on this Forum  later in the season complaining that the club hasn't got any natural goalscorers.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1671 on: January 03, 2015, 05:53:34 PM »
Those people relaxed about the club selling Berahino.
Do you really think there is an adequate replacement out there who can take those chances against Prem teams?
If he is sold, just  don't come on this Forum  later in the season complaining that the club hasn't got any natural goalscorers.
No simple as that.We do need better up front though with him.Vic I do not feel is the one so we need to go shopping. Saido I would hang on as long as possible.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1672 on: January 03, 2015, 05:59:32 PM »
Doesn't sound like hes dying to get away (from post game interview with bbc)

"Gateshead started really bright in the first 20 minutes and passed really well, tried to play, but once we scored the first, we were confident we could get more. We wanted to kill the game off as soon as possible.

"Tony Pulis is a big character and has put his stamp on the club already, you could see that the lads were getting stuck in for him today and it is great to see us get seven goals for him today."

Hopefully he gets his down and gets on with the rest of this season and everyone gives each othr a fresh start with TP now in the driving seat.

Far to much over action from some supporters. Get off his back, by God we need him
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1673 on: January 03, 2015, 06:12:35 PM »
Sell your top scorer in January?

No for me.
The PRIDE of midlands

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1674 on: January 03, 2015, 06:15:48 PM »
Barring a massive injury or driving while banned his value isn't going to drop significantly in the second half of the season. TP needs to make it clear to him that he is valued and we will listen to reasonable offers in the summer but right now he has to stay at West Bromwich Albion - the club that gave him his breaks and pays his not inconsiderable salary.