Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 325726 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #925 on: November 30, 2015, 01:57:56 PM »
Who will replace him against Spuds?

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #926 on: November 30, 2015, 02:03:09 PM »
Who will replace him against Spuds?

I'll be very surprised if we don't see Gardner come in and play wide right with Morrison partnering Fletcher in the middle.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #927 on: November 30, 2015, 02:21:40 PM »
I would do a straight swap with Gardener.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #928 on: November 30, 2015, 02:48:23 PM »
I would do a straight swap with Gardener.
Agree. I would swap anything for Gardner, a lawn mower, cuddly toy, fondue set.....
Oh sorry, is that not what you meant?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #929 on: November 30, 2015, 02:55:00 PM »
Agree. I would swap anything for Gardner, a lawn mower, cuddly toy, fondue set.....
Oh sorry, is that not what you meant?
will give you a lawn mower but to show my generosity you can keep Gardner.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #930 on: November 30, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »
That's no good, he'd just run around with it looking busy, but wouldn't actually cut the flippin grass!!! ???

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #931 on: November 30, 2015, 04:18:26 PM »
That's no good, he'd just run around with it looking busy, but wouldn't actually cut the flippin grass!!! ???
Just sprinkle your grass with whisky...It will come up "half cut".

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #932 on: November 30, 2015, 05:27:13 PM »
will be missed against Spurs - might show a few doubters how much we need him in the side.

Of course he is not the greatest on the ball but then if he was he would not be playing for us!

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #933 on: November 30, 2015, 06:52:05 PM »

Well a lawn mowers no good without a Gardner to use it
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

fpvmtimbdbo

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #934 on: November 30, 2015, 06:53:39 PM »
I think Yacob is a limited footballer but in certain games can do an excellent job.

When we played Palace, Leicester and West Ham this season (those spring to mind) he has struggled because they attack at pace and dont give him chance to break the play up.

Aside from West Ham, Yacob hasn't struggled in any game this season. He was decent against Leicester and was probably Albion's best player against Palace along with McClean.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #935 on: January 03, 2016, 08:58:47 AM »
McManaman gets plenty of stick on here over his occasional dives. There's no doubt for me that Yacob makes of meal of things when he's on the end of any sort of challenge. He made a big meal of the half slap from Cameron yesterday which certainly wasn't the first time he's done that.
Think he should be strongly encouraged to tone down the theatricals. Like diving, it's something that we would hope to keep to a minimum in this country ???
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

easyrider

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #936 on: January 03, 2016, 09:08:40 AM »
cameron raised his hand and struck another player thats a red card whether yacob made a meal of it or not

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #937 on: January 03, 2016, 09:12:14 AM »
McManaman gets plenty of stick on here over his occasional dives. There's no doubt for me that Yacob makes of meal of things when he's on the end of any sort of challenge. He made a big meal of the half slap from Cameron yesterday which certainly wasn't the first time he's done that.
Think he should be strongly encouraged to tone down the theatricals. Like diving, it's something that we would hope to keep to a minimum in this country ???

Yacob has been on the wrong end of other players theatricals, I don't like it, but the Stoke player was an idiot for doing it.
Baggie in Southampton

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #938 on: January 03, 2016, 09:43:33 AM »
Peekaboo :)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #939 on: January 03, 2016, 10:39:28 AM »
Cameron bitch slapped him round the back of the head.
As soon as the hands make deliberate contact with the head or face its red, they know the rules.
We've been on the end of a few of those so whilst not condoning Claudio's theatricals there's no complaints from me.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #940 on: January 03, 2016, 10:44:33 AM »
I have to admit that I don't like that kind of behaviour.  Don't want to see our players resort to that kind of thing but the problem in the Premier league is that everyone does it so unfortunately things aren't going to change until it's properly stamped out.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #941 on: January 03, 2016, 10:51:41 AM »
On the side on replay view it does look he might have caught him pretty sharply with the knuckles, but the peekaboo does make it all look a bit ropey.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #942 on: January 03, 2016, 10:52:24 AM »
There's now a rule about feigning a facial injury to get a player sent off. Given he was hit in the head I doubt he will get banned but he needs to be careful

He/him

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #943 on: January 03, 2016, 11:55:53 AM »
Hitting someone is a straight red card offence and Claudio isn't obliged to help him out by making light of it but the theatrics went a bit far.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #944 on: January 03, 2016, 12:06:30 PM »
Made a meal of it which isn't nice to see

He is turning into Mr Consistent however with some very solid performances. He is great at just breaking up play and harrassing the opposition.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #945 on: January 03, 2016, 01:26:47 PM »
Villa away last season?
Yacob was sent off for winning the ball, why would he miss an opportunity to help his team?
I don't like cheating but in this day and age you win at all costs, Sky do not payout on morals.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #946 on: January 03, 2016, 01:32:26 PM »
Villa away last season?
Yacob was sent off for winning the ball, why would he miss an opportunity to help his team?
I don't like cheating but in this day and age you win at all costs, Sky do not payout on morals.

This.

You do what you can if you can get away with it. If you don't you and your team suffer.

Sad, but that's the way it is in the current climate.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #947 on: January 03, 2016, 03:14:33 PM »
We have tried beating em - it don't work. So the alternative is to join em. If it benefits the Baggies -do it. Then listen to all the moaning 'pundits' ( is that old latin for tossers?) criticise the Albion players for being victims of the fouls, whilst we slyly accept the 3 points.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #948 on: January 03, 2016, 03:53:44 PM »
I've seen several posts relating to McManaman saying 'get rid of the diver' or similar.

What's the big difference between Macca diving and Yacob making the most of whatever contact to get an opposing player booked or sent off ?  Both amount to cheating in my book.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #949 on: January 03, 2016, 04:11:41 PM »
I've seen several posts relating to McManaman saying 'get rid of the diver' or similar.

What's the big difference between Macca diving and Yacob making the most of whatever contact to get an opposing player booked or sent off ?  Both amount to cheating in my book.

Natural reaction to go down when you get "hit" it's not as if it's Rivaldo-esque. The other problem with the game is that it wouldn't have been a (correct) red card if he hadn't made something of it.

McManaman is a different story his theatrics are costing the team, twice this season he'd have got a penalty less than a second later if he hadn't tried to buy one.

Double standards I suppose, one player benefited the team the others actions were to our detriment.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.