Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 325721 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #850 on: March 08, 2015, 06:36:30 PM »
The ref' would not have actually seen contact even if there were any, he was behind the Villa player who went to ground.
The linesman on the other hand appeared to have a clear view and did not raise his flag.
No ball's for not speaking up, and no smarts from the ref' for not even consulting his 'assistant'.
However, this probably would not even be relevant if we had converted our chances.
What a s**t day all round.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #851 on: March 09, 2015, 07:23:04 AM »
He's got to stop these two footed block type challenges. They are not malicious but they are dangerous and its clear that the refs are watching out for them. He's becoming a bit of a liability with these challenges and him hacking down players on the edge of the box. Needs to be cut out of his game.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #852 on: March 09, 2015, 07:51:07 AM »
While like others I don't in any way condone dangerous play, I can't agree that his challenge on Saturday was dangerous. It may have hacked Sherwood and a few Villa fans off but no one was hurt and from where I was watching no one was in any danger of getting hurt. The very fact that play went on for so long after the challenge should tell us all that the referee wasn't actually sure he had seen a foul at all, never mind a book able offence.

However, setting all that aside, Yac was in no way to blame for the defeat. He was the stand out performer in my book, and we all know that had Bobby or Saido converted first half chances we would have been out of sight by half time, never mind Given's save from Brunt's deflected shot and Lescott's miss too. We had more than enough play to have punished them.

Yacob is the only player we have who routinely breaks up opposition possession, we looked a poorer side when he wasn't playing and I can't say that him being absent on Saturday against Stoke fills me with any confidence.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #853 on: March 09, 2015, 08:48:05 AM »
I can't have the criticism of Yac. He was easily our best performer yesterday and did not in any universe deserve to be sent off.

It was a sickening moment in in a sickening game. I am so tired of referees reacting to ridiculous behaviour by "injured" players and petulant over hyped managers.

Pulis in an interview on Tom Ross's Goalzone says the ref reacted to Tim Sherwood jumping around on the touch line, which is clear to see on the footage. Of course after the game swarmy Tim acts as if it never happened and says the sending off was harsh.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #854 on: March 09, 2015, 03:54:58 PM »
The ref' would not have actually seen contact even if there were any, he was behind the Villa player who went to ground.
The linesman on the other hand appeared to have a clear view and did not raise his flag.
No ball's for not speaking up, and no smarts from the ref' for not even consulting his 'assistant'.
However, this probably would not even be relevant if we had converted our chances.
What a s**t day all round.

It amazes me that they saw Yacob do nothing and sent him off yet brain ache Hutton nkicls Berahino in the guts, leaves his foot in for good measure, and gets away with it.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #855 on: March 09, 2015, 04:13:17 PM »
Was never a red card, didn't really jump in, wasn't a stamp (didn't actually make contact) didn't lead with studs showing. Ref reacted to Sherwood as he clearly didnt see the incident (lino had a much better view and did nothing)

However....

It was a stupid thing for Yacob to do. No need for him to make the tackle that way and if you go in with that motion you always run the risk even if it this case it was the wrong decision. Poor officiating and made worse by Huttons let off last week but Yacob has a reputation after the Chelsea red and needs to cut this out. Whilst I think it was awful reffing it's hard to feel any sympathy for Yacob

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #856 on: March 09, 2015, 04:30:41 PM »
Was never a red card, didn't really jump in, wasn't a stamp (didn't actually make contact) didn't lead with studs showing. Ref reacted to Sherwood as he clearly didnt see the incident (lino had a much better view and did nothing)

However....

It was a stupid thing for Yacob to do. No need for him to make the tackle that way and if you go in with that motion you always run the risk even if it this case it was the wrong decision. Poor officiating and made worse by Huttons let off last week but Yacob has a reputation after the Chelsea red and needs to cut this out. Whilst I think it was awful reffing it's hard to feel any sympathy for Yacob

Yacob did nothing wrong, he stood his ground, anything different and he would have been injured. The only people at fault in that incident were Anthony Taylor who got it wrong and Leandro Bacuna who rolled round like a little kid which instigated the ref giving the card. If he had got up straight away the ref would have carried on the game.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #857 on: March 09, 2015, 11:00:29 PM »
Disagree 100%.
Yacob did exactly the same thing v West Ham only a hell of a lot worse ( in my opinion, that West Ham tackle was a leg-breaker) , and should have got a straight red. He was an accident waiting to happen, and while it was harsh in the circumstances, its hard to feel sympathy for him. He's a loose cannon, and i seriously doubt his value to the team. He doesn't even do well what he used to offer us 2 years ago.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #858 on: March 15, 2015, 09:14:32 AM »
Does anyone else think we played better without Yacob yesterday or was it all down to playing at home, the formation we played and the other players determination to put the vile games behind us?

Interesting he didn't play Mulumbu, played Sess instead, which shows attacking intent.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #859 on: March 15, 2015, 09:41:41 AM »
Yacob is good at what he does but in a 4-4-2 I would prefer Fletcher + Morrison or Fletcher + Mulumbu in the central positions.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #860 on: March 15, 2015, 11:21:24 AM »
Does anyone else think we played better without Yacob yesterday or was it all down to playing at home, the formation we played and the other players determination to put the vile games behind us?

Interesting he didn't play Mulumbu, played Sess instead, which shows attacking intent.
Honestly? I'd say playing at home, we played similar to that in most home games.

Strodder

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #861 on: March 15, 2015, 12:07:33 PM »

Yes I have to agree with this. Whilst the return of Yacob has coincided with an upturn in league form he for me the lowest common denominator of midfielder in that he just basically gets in the way. Very effectively, but he offers nothing else to the team. He can't run, he can't carry the ball, he can't pass any further than 3 metres and he always looks like a sending off waiting to happen. 
Don't get me wrong, he has absolutely contributed to the stabilising of the team but Morrison and Fletcher are a far more capable and progressive central partnership.
For me if yesterday's team had played against villa in the league we would have won that game, which would have led to a different cup dynamic.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #862 on: May 19, 2015, 09:37:15 PM »
I hope he wasn't waving goodbye last night - he must be rewarded with a new deal in the close season.

He has been absolutely fantastic since the arrival of Tony Pulis and probably put in his best performance of the season last night - one thing we have missed is the Yacob of old and it's good to finally get him back. How he couldn't get into the side earlier on in the season is beyond me.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

stubba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #863 on: May 19, 2015, 09:56:02 PM »
Judging by the way he celebrated each goal & his all round work ethic I would say he is a happy chappy! Deserves new deal .

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #864 on: May 19, 2015, 10:10:53 PM »
I hope he stays as he is a player I really like

The water carrier

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #865 on: May 19, 2015, 10:29:03 PM »
He was the outstanding performer in an outstanding performance. Keeping him should be a priority - I think TP probably realises this.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #866 on: May 20, 2015, 08:03:56 AM »
The future of Yacob is inextricably linked to where Pulis wants to take us tactically. If his stock formation is the 4-2-3-1 that we saw on Monday night, Yacob is one of the first names on the team sheet and not only should we take up the option but we should sign him up on a longer deal.

If Pulis reverts to type and goes 4-4-2 unless the number 10 drops really deep to link play (and that player is not Berahino incidentally), I wouldn't take up the option because Yacob is a very bad choice in that system. The player sits too deep does not get forward enough and his instincts are all wrong. He will obviously do what he does best which is tackle anything that moves and protect the back 4 but in some regards he is as much as a luxury player in a 4-4-2 as Sessegnon because the things he doesn't do make the team very much weaker.

This is not a criticism of the player who I admire greatly but it is about the choices that Pulis needs to make.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #867 on: May 20, 2015, 09:29:04 AM »
I think he will be kept on, and rightly so when you look at his performances of late.

I think its fair to say the introduction of Fletcher has improved the games of both Yacob and Morrison, who have had a very good end to the season.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #868 on: May 20, 2015, 12:20:42 PM »
I think he will be kept on, and rightly so when you look at his performances of late.

I think its fair to say the introduction of Fletcher has improved the games of both Yacob and Morrison, who have had a very good end to the season.
Nothing to do with Fletcher and you can see that from the west ham cup game. Claudio is one of our most effective players who was criminally under used by Irvine said it before TP's introduction of Yacob into the starting 11 was the turning point of the season.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #869 on: May 20, 2015, 12:47:46 PM »
Absolutely this guy should be kept on, even if we are 4-4-2 it wont be like that all season and a change in formation will be inevitable.

He has been brilliant since returning to the team. My favourite player down the Albion at the min he is

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #870 on: May 24, 2015, 07:40:32 PM »
Retained for another 12 months thankfully.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #871 on: May 24, 2015, 07:43:01 PM »
Brilliant news, great player for us imo.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #872 on: May 24, 2015, 08:03:08 PM »
Retained for another 12 months thankfully.
Thank god for that, has easily been our best player under Tony Pulis in my humble opinion.
It's crazy to think that Irvine never played him, get in Yacob!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #873 on: May 24, 2015, 09:26:53 PM »
Only retained? He should be re-signed.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #874 on: May 24, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »
Only retained? He should be re-signed.
Might need to discuss terms etc? Glad he still with us.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP