Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 327895 times)

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

Claudio Yacob signed Offical
« Reply #500 on: August 13, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »
Claudio is certainly popular in his own country, I met him on Thursday as I was at the ground when he left the press conference. I got a photo with him and put it as my profile picture. I tweeted after the Forest game that he played well and I have had several Argentinians tweet me telling me how much they love him and miss him!

Vassassin

• Youth Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob signed Offical
« Reply #501 on: August 13, 2012, 06:37:12 AM »
The paper recycling tycoons would be very rich in Argentina!
No. 1 for toilet roll consumption
Return our Parthenon Marbles, we're going nuts without them!

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #502 on: August 18, 2012, 07:05:20 PM »
I know it's early days but this guy looked class today. He was always there to receive the ball, was very neat and tidy, never gave away possession and demonstrated a range of passing.

I'm trying not to get carried away here but he looks like a new level of player for us!

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #503 on: August 18, 2012, 07:15:05 PM »
Thought he looked very assured on the ball, and can't remember him loosing possession at all.  Looked to me like a player who's played for us for years. Can really see Mulumbu flourishing next to him as well.

Suppose we shouldn't be too surprised considering the guys an Argentinian international  :)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #504 on: August 18, 2012, 07:48:52 PM »
Really pleased to hear that he had a good game today, long may it continue.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #505 on: August 18, 2012, 08:27:26 PM »
Thought he looked very assured on the ball, and can't remember him loosing possession at all.  Looked to me like a player who's played for us for years. Can really see Mulumbu flourishing next to him as well.

Suppose we shouldn't be too surprised considering the guys an Argentinian international  :)

As the Racing Club fan posted on here, the Argentina cap does not mean much as he was selected for a side that only featured players from the Argentinian league (Brazil and Argentina often select "domestic sides").

I do agree however that he looks like another step up. He read the game so well and didnt need to over commit to tackles. He just swept in and took the ball while Mulumbu did that clever thing he does of getting physical with a player but not over stepping the line.

I think the Mulumbu Yacob partnership is going to be our biggest asset this season.
Boing Boing

RacingClub

« Reply #506 on: August 18, 2012, 08:55:21 PM »
Congrats! you guys win 3-0 against Liverpool very well
and as i can see , Yacob did a very well match too!

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #507 on: August 18, 2012, 08:57:24 PM »
Yacob had a very good game, I can only remember one pass where he gave the ball away in the entire match.

Have you got any other good players we can sign?  ;D
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

RacingClub

« Reply #508 on: August 18, 2012, 09:00:50 PM »
Yacob had a very good game, I can only remember one pass where he gave the ball away in the entire match.

Have you got any other good players we can sign?  ;D

Lol , yes we have a couple of young jewels but they need more development first , and theyre not going to be free , they're going to cost a considerable amount of money in the future!

but you can chek out the names of:
Ricardo Centurion
Luciano Vietto
Valentin Viola (young player, recently sold to Sporting Lisboa)
Esteban Saveljich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SQqzuGlOPs
The 2nd goal was Centurion , interesant moves!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:06:18 PM by RacingClub »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #509 on: August 18, 2012, 09:07:43 PM »
Yacob | Pass Comp 50/52 96% - Top for WBA | Won 2/2 Tackles, 3/5 ground duels | 58 touches, 2 Lost Pos | 1 Chance Created @EPLIndex
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #510 on: August 18, 2012, 09:20:06 PM »
Top player as you can see already. Different class!!
Gera, Gera, Gera

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #511 on: August 18, 2012, 09:20:26 PM »
Congrats! you guys win 3-0 against Liverpool very well
and as i can see , Yacob did a very well match too!

looks to be a very good player! will be very important for us this season hopefully :D

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #512 on: August 18, 2012, 09:30:39 PM »
Excellent debut. Deserved his Man of the Match Award. Excellent in position and already he seems someone you can rely on in pressure situations to keep the ball and just make the simple passes. Only gave the ball away once by memory. As others have already said and also something i posted in the matchday thread that he and Mulumbu look the perfect partnership for each other and they could really be a key part of our side this season.

Ihsaan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #513 on: August 18, 2012, 09:39:27 PM »
50/52 (96%) pass completion today, not bad at all on debut against Gerrard, Suarez and co hassling him in midfield.  I thought these South Americans were meant to take time to settle?

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #514 on: August 18, 2012, 09:47:24 PM »
Lol , yes we have a couple of young jewels but they need more development first , and theyre not going to be free , they're going to cost a considerable amount of money in the future!

but you can chek out the names of:
Ricardo Centurion
Luciano Vietto
Valentin Viola (young player, recently sold to Sporting Lisboa)
Esteban Saveljich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SQqzuGlOPs
The 2nd goal was Centurion , interesant moves!

After watching Yacob impress today Racing, are you going to watch Tintin tomorrow? We're away to Guimaraes

RacingClub

« Reply #515 on: August 18, 2012, 09:55:32 PM »
After watching Yacob impress today Racing, are you going to watch Tintin tomorrow? We're away to Guimaraes

He's going to play in the start 11?
well sure im going to try to find a stream to watch some!
I hope he can make a outstanding debut too, he deserves the best!

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #516 on: August 18, 2012, 11:33:51 PM »

He's going to play in the start 11?
well sure im going to try to find a stream to watch some!
I hope he can make a outstanding debut too, he deserves the best!

Depends if we play 2 strikers. Hope so.

It was like watching CM for a title chasing side, did everything asked of him today and more. Excellent Claudio

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #517 on: August 19, 2012, 01:42:45 AM »
I too believe that Yacob is a great signing, but he may be particularly useful in giving Mulumbu more freedom.  I think a team needs to exercise control in that part of the pitch, and Yacob seems the type of player who keeps possession and allows others to play. I can't remember him actually breaking forward through the midfield, getting into goal scoring positions, but we have other players that can do that. He may be the reason why Mulumbu had such a great game against Liverpool .
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #518 on: August 19, 2012, 01:51:59 AM »
I too believe that Yacob is a great signing, but he may be particularly useful in giving Mulumbu more freedom.  I think a team needs to exercise control in that part of the pitch, and Yacob seems the type of player who keeps possession and allows others to play. I can't remember him actually breaking forward through the midfield, getting into goal scoring positions, but we have other players that can do that. He may be the reason why Mulumbu had such a great game against Liverpool .

I think so. Also Yacob released Morrison on several occasions. So wonderful to have a midfield where all are comfortable on the ball. Mulumbu also looked improved with the ball at his feet and didn't allow himself to get crowded out, but always played a simple pass instead. Maybe that was because he had better support because of our shape, but also to me it looked as if he had worked on that part of the game. 

crisoWBA

« Reply #519 on: August 19, 2012, 03:38:06 AM »
I was going to mention his pass completion success, i watched him alot and analysed his performance. 96% pass completion ratio sounds about right, i knew it'd be over 95%  because i didn't see any of his passes go astray.

Looks class so far :)

apple

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #520 on: August 19, 2012, 10:26:55 AM »
Thought Yacob & Mulumbu were both fantastic yesterday, can remember only one misplaced from Yacob and that very nearly put the forward away, do other teams watch these players?

Pseudo_Intel

« Reply #521 on: August 19, 2012, 12:44:37 PM »
Thought Yacob & Mulumbu were both fantastic yesterday, can remember only one misplaced from Yacob and that very nearly put the forward away, do other teams watch these players?

They're too busy fantasising over the somewhat overrated Joe Allen who, despite having a good game yesterday, lacks certain qualities I feel a certain Claudio Yacob possesses - not just grace, but tenacity as well.

Liverpool's midfield was very lightweight yesterday.

slugga1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #522 on: August 19, 2012, 12:55:03 PM »
He's got many more games to play until we can realistically evaluate him but if yesterday was anywhere near his general level of play then he will be worth a hell of a lot of money in a season or two that's for sure. He was just incredible, so comfortable on the ball and not overdoing anything, you would think he had played for us for years. Quality.
Tony Pulis is ...The Equaliser

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #523 on: August 19, 2012, 12:58:53 PM »

Quality partnerships can take you to another level, what I saw yesterday looked like a very good partnership being formed, they complemeted each other very well, not going to get carried away, but........
Baggie in Southampton

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #524 on: August 19, 2012, 01:07:22 PM »
I was very impressed based on yesterday's performance he never looked hurried in possession which I always think is a mark of a quality player. In this day and age it is impossible that other Premier League Clubs were not aware of him but for whatever reason decided not to act maybe not their idea of a "marque" signing or maybe they feel they did not need him or because they have managers that insist on scouting their new signings first hand but what the hell their loss our gain.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.