Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 327593 times)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

Re: Claudio Yacob signed Offical
« Reply #425 on: July 25, 2012, 09:33:28 AM »
Welcome, lets hope the lads get you to Broad street and try to help you settle in! ;)
Yes Welcome Claudio, but forget Broad street how about West Bromwich High Street sure the lads go there for a relaxing night out :P
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #426 on: July 25, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »
Good luck Claudio, i had a feeling judging by comments made in the media he could be a bit of a diva and i had this nasty feeling he would go on strike or something!

Anyways, he is our player now, i think he has the pedigree to be a quality player for us so hope he gets all the support he needs to settle in from the club and supporters (which i am sure he will)

He seems to getting a lot of attentions for his looks, if he dont do the business on the pitch JP will pimp him out, JP will make sure he will earn his wage one way or another!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #427 on: July 25, 2012, 12:27:10 PM »
Glad he's signed, one of those which dragged on for a while. As mentioned previously, hopefully the fans can forget about the rumours prior to him signing and judge him on his football. He will certainly bring the qualities that the likes of Paul Scharner and Keith Andrews didn't have so judging by that he should hopefully be a very good signing.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #428 on: July 25, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »
With all the photos of him training and knocking about with the lads in Malmo, how come none of the posters on here who ALLEGEDLY went to Malmo never posted seeing him. I reckon Devon and his cronies never actually went and just spent the week in the duty free at Stanstead !

Seriously though, how comes none of you posted seeing him over there ??

He arrived on Sunday.

We were told Saturday night that the deal had been done for at least a week and red tape was the only issue.

It wasn't posted as we were told in confidence. Once you start breaking those confidences then no-one will tell you anything else.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #429 on: July 25, 2012, 02:48:25 PM »
Did anyone else hear Tim Vickery on TalkSport last night calling him very ordinary.If you don't know who Tim is he is the South American football correspondant.

Anyway welcome to our club Claudio

That could mean he his just very efficient in what he does with no flash a la Michael Carrick for example. One hacks view means nothing until he has a few games under his belt.

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #430 on: July 25, 2012, 03:16:28 PM »
Fairly happy with this signing also, again like El Ghannasy i don't know too much about him but he has positive reviews and fits a position that the club prioritised to fill. Hope Claudio settles in well  :D

A cover left back and another striker before the start of the season would be ideal.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #431 on: July 25, 2012, 04:18:51 PM »
He arrived on Sunday.

We were told Saturday night that the deal had been done for at least a week and red tape was the only issue.

It wasn't posted as we were told in confidence. Once you start breaking those confidences then no-one will tell you anything else.
Appreciate that YOU may have been told "in confidence" but anyone who saw the lads out and about would surely have asked the question !There are still folks out there now so they would have seen him before it was OFFICIALLY announced ?
He's a lad from the Wrenna

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #432 on: July 25, 2012, 09:46:42 PM »
He arrived on Sunday.

Whos the WE? Admins? Mods? Anyone that reads page 74 of viz?  Just interested as to who is in the special ring of knowledge!
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2012, 09:48:45 PM »
Whos the WE? Admins? Mods? Anyone that reads page 74 of viz?  Just interested as to who is in the special ring of knowledge!
The guys lucky enough to have been in Sweden around Albion staff.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Trigger

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »
Appreciate that YOU may have been told "in confidence" but anyone who saw the lads out and about would surely have asked the question !There are still folks out there now so they would have seen him before it was OFFICIALLY announced ?

Does it really matter, we know now. Some people you just can't please!
!!! If your Proud to be a Baggie, Clap your Hands !!!

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #435 on: July 25, 2012, 09:57:36 PM »
The guys lucky enough to have been in Sweden around Albion staff.
Interesting, thanks mate!
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #436 on: July 25, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »

No special ring of knowledge you sarcy git  :D

We were out drinking Saturday night and just bumped into people and got chatting, nothing sinister about it  ;)

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #437 on: July 25, 2012, 11:42:04 PM »
Does it really matter, we know now. Some people you just can't please!
Its not a matter of being pleased  ::) ::)

I'm just asking a question....thats allowed isnt it or have we entered some kind of Nazi state by logging on here where your not allowed to ask questions or the Gestapo come on making smart comments !
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #438 on: July 26, 2012, 09:35:18 AM »
I feel an Argentina theme coming on at the end of the season.Anyone remember the world cup in 78 all that shredded paper
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #439 on: July 26, 2012, 09:45:38 AM »
I feel an Argentina theme coming on at the end of the season.Anyone remember the world cup in 78 all that shredded paper
He will sign for Botafogo in January I wouldnt worry about it :) :)
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #440 on: July 26, 2012, 09:52:48 AM »
He will sign for Botafogo in January I wouldnt worry about it :) :)

Not having signed a 3 year deal plus a years option he won't.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

stever60

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #441 on: July 26, 2012, 10:17:46 AM »
No, knowing us we'll send him straight out on loan!
Don't call me Walt

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #442 on: July 26, 2012, 10:28:58 AM »

Cant see many people voting for an Argentina theme.  The Falklands War and the tensions still going on today togther with the cheating git Maradona.

Personally I'd be horrified to hear our fans chanting 'Argentina, Argentina'.

The Gaffer

« Reply #443 on: July 26, 2012, 10:44:49 AM »

Cant see many people voting for an Argentina theme.  The Falklands War and the tensions still going on today togther with the cheating git Maradona.

Personally I'd be horrified to hear our fans chanting 'Argentina, Argentina'.

Really? The "cheating git Maradona" thing wouldn't be born out of jealousy would it? Some people want to man up. Had it been Gary Lineker that'd handled that goal the English would've been hysterical at how we "sorted out the Argies".

Come on, I'm sure you're better than that.

Maradona destroyed us, end of and Peter "I can't jump or dive" Shilton was made to look exactly what he was - the most over-rated English goalkeeper in the 120ish year history of the English game.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #444 on: July 26, 2012, 10:58:01 AM »

Really? The "cheating git Maradona" thing wouldn't be born out of jealousy would it? Some people want to man up. Had it been Gary Lineker that'd handled that goal the English would've been hysterical at how we "sorted out the Argies".

Maradona destroyed us, end of and Peter "I can't jump or dive" Shilton was made to look exactly what he was - the most over-rated English goalkeeper in the 120ish year history of the English game.

He cheated end of.  If he hadnt handled it Shilton would have punched it clear.

As for Shilton he made 125 caps in goal when plenty of top keepers like Ray Clemence were around.  Didnt he win two league championships and two Eurpean cups for Forest?

The Gaffer

« Reply #445 on: July 26, 2012, 11:06:28 AM »

He cheated end of.  If he hadnt handled it Shilton would have punched it clear.

As for Shilton he made 125 caps in goal when plenty of top keepers like Ray Clemence were around.  Didnt he win two league championships and two Eurpean cups for Forest?

How many offside goals have there been in footballing history? Lets be brutally honest Maradona was a class apart.

As for Shilton have you ever seen him save a penalty? Watch his technique, he can't get off the ground (Brehme 1990 World Cup), he had no spring or athleticism and when did he ever save a penalty? He rolled over like a dog waiting to have his belly tickled.

Shilton was 6 foot, Maradona 5 foot 4. Yes we all wanted England to win but as always we were left with excuses.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #446 on: July 26, 2012, 11:16:07 AM »

A cheat is a cheat & before you ask if Long was to score a goal along those lines that won us what ever ( point,cup or league) i would i still think the same

The Gaffer

« Reply #447 on: July 26, 2012, 11:21:39 AM »

A cheat is a cheat & before you ask if Long was to score a goal along those lines that won us what ever ( point,cup or league) i would i still think the same

No you wouldn't!

It's all very well being fair and nicey, nicey but if you want success you gotta be more rutheless than that. When it comes to the history books none of them are going to stae "Argentina won but England were fair and sweet" and more to the point, in our heart of hearts if we actually admit it to ourselves we were made to look stupid and naiive.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #448 on: July 26, 2012, 11:22:19 AM »

How many offside goals have there been in footballing history? Lets be brutally honest Maradona was a class apart.

As for Shilton have you ever seen him save a penalty? Watch his technique, he can't get off the ground (Brehme 1990 World Cup), he had no spring or athleticism and when did he ever save a penalty? He rolled over like a dog waiting to have his belly tickled.

Shilton was 6 foot, Maradona 5 foot 4. Yes we all wanted England to win but as always we were left with excuses.

Blimey.  Offsides are a little different than blantantly hand balling.

Shilton was 40 in Italia 90.  Are you basing your assessment of him as a goalkeeper when he was 40 years old?

I'll give you one thing - his penalty saves record was poor.

The Gaffer

« Reply #449 on: July 26, 2012, 11:27:40 AM »

Blimey.  Offsides are a little different than blantantly hand balling.

Shilton was 40 in Italia 90.  Are you basing your assessment of him as a goalkeeper when he was 40 years old?

I'll give you one thing - his penalty saves record was poor.

It doesn't matter if he was 40 or 80, he was seen as Englands best option.
Go back to 86 then and look at his performance (v Maradona).

If England is going to start winning things we've got to stop being soft and nice and start forcing the issue and making success happen.