Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 327410 times)

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2012, 10:10:22 AM »
If it's true, just pull the plug

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2012, 10:19:32 AM »
On Wednesday, Yacob called for representatives of Botafogo crying in the clubhouse where he explained the situation

Love this guy's warrior spirit!
"This crack is really moreish."

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

Claudio Yacob
« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2012, 10:19:53 AM »
Not sure I really believe all of this, foreign media can be a bit misleading. Just look at the French media, they had Doumbia signed and sealed before he had even come for talks.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #278 on: July 20, 2012, 10:34:38 AM »
you dont know how much is media talk.
secondly we are going on translations of what could be media talk.
thirdly this may be the agent rather than the player.

and people suggesting we can go back in for Doumbia... didnt he reject our terms? so another greedy grasping b*****d?
O Albion we love you

knightstorm

• Junior Baggie

Re: Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2012, 10:50:32 AM »

and people suggesting we can go back in for Doumbia... didnt he reject our terms? so another greedy grasping b*****d?
Fair point.  He wouldn't be the first player to be screwed over by his agent & advisors.
Paper talk & translations are not good & of course the Brazilian media will make out that he was desperate to go there.  Especially if the media is as club biased as ours is to the London clubs.  They use it as posturing against the other clubs across the world of "their statement of intent" even if they have no real intention of getting the player.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2012, 10:54:25 AM »
The whole thing hinges on
I am surprised that there is no reference in CL's report to whether or not Yacob has signed a contract. Surely this is the crux of the matter.

All the Albion have ever said that we are in discussions with him and quite rightly are trying to conduct those discussions in private. If the player has said he wants to join Botafogo but has signed a pre contractual agreement the Club does not want to air that particular item of dirty washing in public because either he will join us and the club do not want to make it any more difficult for him to get the fans onside or they are in discussions with Botafogo and his agent trying to resolve the issue. Either way making gung-ho statements in the media will not help.

I am not surprised they are mystified about the talk about tax rates it is pure and simple Botafogo have stuck their oar in at the last minute. Anyway the Brazilian transfer window closes today or maybe in the early hours of tomorrow morning UK time so this situation will be resolved shortly.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Mossi28

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #281 on: July 20, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »
Steve Madeley and CL have confirmed that Yakob has in fact signed his pre-contract agreement with us but the player is tempted by Botafogo not really sure what's going to happen with this as the south american window closes tonigh.

*EDIT* Just had a quick look on the Botafogo website and it looks like they have just signed a centre midfielder called Nicolas Loderio, maybe he has gone instead of Yakob
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:32:20 AM by Mossi28 »

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #282 on: July 20, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »

Anyone remember when Tevez and Mascherano signed for West Ham and the fine they got for not having the propper papers. I woulder if the ownership of Yacob is the issue here and third parties looking for extra cash.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6594613.stm
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #283 on: July 20, 2012, 11:47:01 AM »
I genuinely couldn't care less at this moment if he does not want to play for us ,i myself am not too keen on Nissan micras but could I drive one . Hell yeah, andy cole and teddy shearing ham didn't speak did it work ?
Facts are he is a pro footballer who will possibly grow to like the place and at this point I think he will sign.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #284 on: July 20, 2012, 11:49:13 AM »
Steve Madeley and CL have confirmed that Yakob has in fact signed his pre-contract agreement with us but the player is tempted by Botafogo not really sure what's going to happen with this as the south american window closes tonigh.

*EDIT* Just had a quick look on the Botafogo website and it looks like they have just signed a centre midfielder called Nicolas Loderio, maybe he has gone instead of Yakob

Interesting i have read somewhere they can only sign two players outside Brazil and they already have Seedorf so that may be the end of it from their point of view

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2012, 12:16:59 PM »
There is a little bit on pre-contracts in this article by sports law company, but what it means for this situation is anyone's guess:

http://www.brabnerschaffestreet.com/downloads/football-in-focus-march-06.pdf

Reading between the lines the pre-cotract should have included clauses on how to manage the 'risk' of a more lucrative offer from another club and which side was to bear this risk.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:23:52 PM by LoxleyBaggie »

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2012, 12:27:53 PM »
...get ready for the picture of him holding up an Albion scarf at the training ground and quotes of how 'delighted' he is to have joined the club  :D

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2012, 12:30:46 PM »
Anyway the Brazilian transfer window closes today or maybe in the early hours of tomorrow morning UK time so this situation will be resolved shortly.

Not necessarily if he's a free agent.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2012, 12:32:07 PM »
There is a little bit on pre-contracts in this article by sports law company, but what it means for this situation is anyone's guess:

http://www.brabnerschaffestreet.com/downloads/football-in-focus-march-06.pdf

Reading between the lines the pre-cotract should have included clauses on how to manage the 'risk' of a more lucrative offer from another club and which side was to bear this risk.

His tears suggest that it was his side that was bearing that risk  ;)   There would be absolutely no point in us agreeing to a pre-contract that said that he could go and sign for another club on a whim if he felt that their offer was slightly better. He's been a very silly boy by the looks of things.

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

Claudio Yacob
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »
To be honest I'm not fussed about him wanting to go to botofogo. It doesn't mean he wouldn't be happy playing for us, just means he'd be happier playing for them. If they can't sort something or of we come down hard with the pre contract agreement I'm sure he'll still be quite pleased that he's got a premier league move.

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2012, 12:37:52 PM »
...get ready for the picture of him holding up an Albion scarf at the training ground and quotes of how 'delighted' he is to have joined the club  :D

...get ready for newspaper storys of "Albion release Claudio Yacob from his pre-contract agreement"!!   

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2012, 01:54:22 PM »

Interesting that twitter and the news are very quite in Brazil about this attempted last minute poach of the player.

In fact the Brazilian media states he is on the way to the UK to be unvailed as our player. Botofogo have also announced the signing of Nicolas Loderio who could be viewed as an alternative to Yacob.

I think he is as good as ours.  - Don't hold it against me if I'm wrong!!

<snip>
An Eye on the South American market, Botafogo negotiates with Claudio Yacob, who had terminated the contract with ARG-Racing this month. The Alvinegro was about to close with the steering wheel, which has preferred to play in Europe and was enticed with an offer from West Bromwich, England. Still, the Argentine player did not rule out the Alvinegro and ordered a considerable increase with respect to the initial offer. The board rejected into the auction, was angered by the attitude of the athlete and define the transaction as unlikely.

Yacob's attitude is the opposite of another possible strengthening. Nicolas Lodeiro interested alvinegra with the proposal and is in final negotiations with the Alvinegro. The Uruguayan hit the last destalhes with Glorious, you want to advertise it so official on Thursday. The midfielder is out of contract, provided that the agreement with Ajax-HOL expired in June this year. Any international transaction would be finalized by Friday, closing date of the transfer window.
</snip>

http://m.esporte.uol.com.br/futebol/ultimas-noticias/2012/07/18/botafogo-rejeita-leilao-se-irrita-com-postura-de-yacob-e-ve-acordo-improvavel.htm via google translate.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2012, 02:52:49 PM »

Such is the influence Agents and Representatives have over players who often are far too trusting about their intentions that yes I wouldnt see a problem going back for Doumbia. I think its a fact that mostly players just want to play and are often happy to leave everything else to Agents acting on "their behalf".......whos behalf would that be then?

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2012, 02:57:37 PM »
I genuinely couldn't care less at this moment if he does not want to play for us ,i myself am not too keen on Nissan micras but could I drive one . Hell yeah, andy cole and teddy shearing ham didn't speak did it work ?
Facts are he is a pro footballer who will possibly grow to like the place and at this point I think he will sign.

Excellent post Zippy. I agree with you. You never know with any employee 100% if they are going to right for your organisation. Hopefully if Claudio joins the Albion and tastes PL life he might realise he has made a great decision.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #294 on: July 20, 2012, 06:31:37 PM »
Chris Lepkowski ?@chrislepkowski
#wba have released squad numbers. All routine stuff, though the No5 shirt most commonly associated with Yacob remains vacant... for now
The PRIDE of midlands

boinger1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #295 on: July 20, 2012, 07:02:57 PM »
Interesting that twitter and the news are very quite in Brazil about this attempted last minute poach of the player.

In fact the Brazilian media states he is on the way to the UK to be unvailed as our player. Botofogo have also announced the signing of Nicolas Loderio who could be viewed as an alternative to Yacob.

I think he is as good as ours.  - Don't hold it against me if I'm wrong!!

<snip>
An Eye on the South American market, Botafogo negotiates with Claudio Yacob, who had terminated the contract with ARG-Racing this month. The Alvinegro was about to close with the steering wheel, which has preferred to play in Europe and was enticed with an offer from West Bromwich, England. Still, the Argentine player did not rule out the Alvinegro and ordered a considerable increase with respect to the initial offer. The board rejected into the auction, was angered by the attitude of the athlete and define the transaction as unlikely.

Yacob's attitude is the opposite of another possible strengthening. Nicolas Lodeiro interested alvinegra with the proposal and is in final negotiations with the Alvinegro. The Uruguayan hit the last destalhes with Glorious, you want to advertise it so official on Thursday. The midfielder is out of contract, provided that the agreement with Ajax-HOL expired in June this year. Any international transaction would be finalized by Friday, closing date of the transfer window.

</snip>

http://m.esporte.uol.com.br/futebol/ultimas-noticias/2012/07/18/botafogo-rejeita-leilao-se-irrita-com-postura-de-yacob-e-ve-acordo-improvavel.htm via google translate.
Well I'm glad we all understand what's going on now! ::)

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #296 on: July 20, 2012, 08:00:10 PM »
Probably going to join up with squad on Monday.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #297 on: July 20, 2012, 08:06:30 PM »
Probably going to join up with squad on Monday.

Then again........................................ :-\

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #298 on: July 20, 2012, 08:07:59 PM »
Well I'm glad we all understand what's going on now! ::)
From what I've managed to decipher from that jiberish is Botafogo (Alvinegro seems to be one of their nicknames since it means 'black and white' and their emblem is black and white) offered him a contract however he was interested in moving to Europe and an offer from West Brom enticed him, although he never ruled out still moving to Botafogo. He then told Botafogo to increase the wages they were offering him substantially, however this greedy attitude shown by Yacob angered them, they refused to increase their offer and they made it clear that they were now unlikely to sign him.

The article then goes on the say that his bad attitude is the opposite of another potential signing, Nicolas Lodeiro (who now seems to have completed the transfer).

He sounds like a greedy little git if you ask me.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #299 on: July 20, 2012, 08:15:21 PM »
A greedy  little git sounds like about 90% of  footballers that.