Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 325614 times)

KYA

• WBA Coach

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2012, 11:40:50 AM »
This deal should have been done by now so obviously a change of mind or other interests have come into play.
Looking unlikely now i feel ,if he chooses Botofoga for the money thats a mistake because had he done well at the Albion he would move on and reap the rewards that way.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #176 on: July 19, 2012, 11:50:51 AM »
Makes me laugh when people say deals should have been done by now not knowing what has to happen behind the scenes to try and strike a deal, there are so many things to consider that it can take a long time to come to any kind of agreement and it isn't always clubs that hold things up. There are advisors, agents and the players themselves to consider in deals as well as any other clubs that may also be talking to them, it isn't a simple process especially with any language barriers to get over.

I fail to see the panic in all honesty as officially the stance remains the same as it was days ago, we are in talks with the player and his representatives about a potential move and nothing has really changed as far as I know so I don't really get the panic from some. If he does go on to sign for someone else then we move on, if he joins us then great but we will all just have to wait and see.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2012, 12:14:07 PM »
Have to agree with BH. There's so much that goes intothese deals that we never see. Like an iceberg, but probably more like 99% of the machinations remain hidden from view.

This is a bloke that most of us had never heard of a couple of weeks back, so why worry if he goes elsewhere? DA will have other irons in the fire, for other players we've never heard of!
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2012, 12:17:25 PM »
Makes me laugh when people say deals should have been done by now not knowing what has to happen behind the scenes to try and strike a deal, there are so many things to consider that it can take a long time to come to any kind of agreement and it isn't always clubs that hold things up. There are advisors, agents and the players themselves to consider in deals as well as any other clubs that may also be talking to them, it isn't a simple process especially with any language barriers to get over.

I fail to see the panic in all honesty as officially the stance remains the same as it was days ago, we are in talks with the player and his representatives about a potential move and nothing has really changed as far as I know so I don't really get the panic from some. If he does go on to sign for someone else then we move on, if he joins us then great but we will all just have to wait and see.

You make good points and none of us really knows what is going on behind the scenes.

However for whatever reason we do seem to be involved in protracted player negotiations more than most other clubs which sometimes ends in disappointment.

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2012, 12:24:32 PM »
Tchoyi deal took about 8 weeks to clear red tape.

CALM DOWN PLEASE.
"Time to show how big our balls are." - Paul Schnarer 14th Janurary.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #180 on: July 19, 2012, 12:37:38 PM »
You make good points and none of us really knows what is going on behind the scenes.

However for whatever reason we do seem to be involved in protracted player negotiations more than most other clubs which sometimes ends in disappointment.

Could it be that we are fully focused on what our club does and actually follow deals through to their conclusion whatever it may be where as we don't follow the business of other clubs so thoroughly so deals may appear to happen quicker even if they don't?

We are more careful with our negotiations as we are desperate to get the best deal for the club due to our limited resources and that often includes the flex-down clauses that we seem to insist on so things would probably take a little longer than with other clubs that are happy to throw their money in straight off and not insist on such clauses. Foreign deals are always more difficult though with plenty of red tape and language barriers to hurdle too.

As always with every potential move its a case of lets wait and see but having already gone so far down the line with Doumbia it shows that we have other options so whatever happens there is no need to panic. We all want our first choice targets but for whatever reason it can't always happen.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

Claudio Yacob
« Reply #181 on: July 19, 2012, 12:48:33 PM »
Well I've had it on good authority today he will be signing.
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2012, 12:50:16 PM »

Press conference at 1pm!  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2012, 12:56:15 PM »

Is it the same authority that said AVB would be boss?!  :P  just playing around before anyone gets wound up! Can't even really remember if it was you who said that

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2012, 01:03:58 PM »
For me if he signs all well and good and if he doesn't he doesn't,i want players who 100% want to be at the club.
We all know the club will have a large list of similar players with our much improved scouting these days.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »
for all we know he could have already signed an agreement to join us, having a work permit accepted for him will take time

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2012, 01:45:37 PM »
Nice smoke screen Jezza. 

Djemba Djemba signed on Monday then.
"Time to show how big our balls are." - Paul Schnarer 14th Janurary.

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2012, 01:53:17 PM »
A guy in the club shop told me the Claudio Yacob deal is off as there is to much red tape involved.
Albion will sign Djemba Djemba who was at the training ground today.

Dorrans17Long9

« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2012, 01:55:46 PM »
Not sure about it's credibility but...
http://www.telam.com.ar/nota/32147/
Headline roughly translates as Yacob regrets going to England and wants to settle with Botafogo :'(
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 02:30:22 PM by kris_boing »

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2012, 01:59:52 PM »
A guy in the club shop told me the Claudio Yacob deal is off as there is to much red tape involved.
Albion will sign Djemba Djemba who was at the training ground today.
Would you believe him if he told you we signed Messi.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2012, 02:02:05 PM »
We're signing Messi?!  :o

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »

I get the impression it wasn't a serious post. As for Messi, bring him on and if he doesn't sign by 3 then the club are an absolute disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2012, 02:07:08 PM »
If he has signed an agreement with us and wants to break this then it should cost his 'new' club big time. We should be able to demand a sizeable transfer fee.

michaelwh

« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2012, 02:08:09 PM »
Clubs have looked at this guy before but were put off by the problem of getting a work permit.Seems very strange that we thought we could overcome this problem.But if there is a good player going free I guess JP just cant resist.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2012, 02:15:06 PM »
I get the impression it wasn't a serious post. As for Messi, bring him on and if he doesn't sign by 3 then the club are an absolute disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves.
Do you think mine was. ;D  On a serious note if Yacob has or as not signed we will hear sooner enough. 8)
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2012, 02:18:51 PM »
Where's all this djemba djemba talk come from?!?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2012, 02:21:58 PM »
Where's all this djemba djemba talk come from?!?

What posters have said a few pages back due to the disappointment of us apparently missing out on Yacob and Doumbia.

No substance to it, I'm sure.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2012, 02:23:22 PM »
D'ya member we looked at him before  ;)

Sorry - I'll get my coat.
Twitter: @floydy1983

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2012, 02:27:33 PM »
Not sure about it's credibility but...
http://www.telam.com.ar/nota/32147/
Headline roughly translates as Yacob regrets going to England and wants to settle with Botafogo :'(

Heres the full report he as had second thoughts as seemed likely with the delay.
By all accounts he only as till tomorrow to be able to sign Botafogo.

Yacob was sorry to go to England and wants to settle with Botafogo

Photos

Midfielder Claudio Yacob, who was free of Racing, regretted having signed a preliminary contract with English club West Bromwich Albion and now want to break that agreement to go play Botafogo, Brazil, as published on Thursday the Brazilian press.

Yacob, according to Globo Esporte, repented of the firm because in the pre-contract accepted a certain salary in England unaware that taxes are too high.

Botafogo offers $ 125,000 salary, double what they earn in England, and that is why Yacob communicated with club leaders and asked them, crying, according to that average, wait until you cancel the signed document with West Bromwich.

The Argentine now needs to convince the British to cancel the pre-contract and quickly move to Brazil, because tomorrow closes the book of passes in the South American country.

Yacob was U-20 world champion with the Argentine national team in Canada 2007 and was free of Racing last month, without having played in the past six months to be separated from the upper campus not to renew his relationship with the entity of Avellaneda.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 02:31:27 PM by kris_boing »

matt_home1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2012, 02:28:56 PM »
all the hysteria, is boring me, ill await the official, we have signed, or the official we have pulled out of the race, before excitement or disappointment sets in, let things take their course, we cant change them
Ill Sleep when im dead