Author Topic: Pre Match Chat  (Read 3369 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2024, 03:19:03 PM »
Boy, will they be up for this.  I watched their comeback against Norwich, I expect them them to really go for us physically.

do you mean Blackburn?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2024, 03:27:04 PM »
do you mean Blackburn?

I think he means Sheffield Wednesday. They came back from two down with a couple of late goals at home against Norwich earlier this month.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2024, 03:30:54 PM »
I think he means Sheffield Wednesday. They came back from two down with a couple of late goals at home against Norwich earlier this month.

got it, cheers !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

chippyclarke

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2024, 09:00:55 PM »
Townsend cannot start for us again this season if we want to get promoted. Think everyone can see what I’ve said for a long time now; he’s terrible
some people really do have it in for certain players! Townsend does make positional mistakes but then is very good getting forward. You now want Reach in that position who has been lambasted ever since he came to the club!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2024, 09:11:18 PM »
some people really do have it in for certain players! Townsend does make positional mistakes but then is very good getting forward. You now want Reach in that position who has been lambasted ever since he came to the club!

Townsend is not very good at getting forward at all. Massive misconception

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2024, 09:27:11 PM »

3 assists in 40 games isn't great, even worse when comparing him to other left backs in the league. If Reach was beaten as easily as he was on Saturday this forum would have exploded.
Smethwick..

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2024, 10:33:50 PM »
Boy, will they be up for this.  I watched their comeback against Norwich, I expect them them to really go for us physically.

Historically under Corberan, that is the kind of team we don't do too well against. Hopefully our quality will prevail.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2024, 08:09:36 AM »
sounds like this is going to be a sell out for them, we need to be up for this, a really tough game. another 2-1 for the home team
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 12:29:01 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2024, 12:37:03 PM »
sounds like this is going to be a sell out for them, we need to be up for this, a really tough game. another 2-1 for the home team

Looking on the positive side, as per.....

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2024, 09:17:04 PM »

They’ve sold out 3 parts of the ground and discussing with the safety council the possibility of maybe having tickets in the stand below our fans.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2024, 08:00:04 AM »

They’ve sold out 3 parts of the ground and discussing with the safety council the possibility of maybe having tickets in the stand below our fans.

Don't think there'd be much in the way of safety if they agree to that, talk about inviting incident. Rarely a good idea.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2024, 02:00:10 PM »

I would have thought they would be offered to us, due to us selling out the top half.

Keeping the ball out of our net will go a long way to a positive result. Taking our chances instead of missing them will be another way. Can we do this Saturday?

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2024, 12:20:22 PM »

I’m in the camp of Townsend out and pretty much have been since he kept Gibbs out the side on occasion. Positionally he is horrendous and going forward his errors far outweigh his positive so I disagree massively. So many over hit and under hit crosses and he gives the ball away when we attack which puts us on the back foot often.

He had a purple patch - It was a long time ago.

If he’s picked I’ll be right behind him in support and I don’t question his effort and work rate but where Furlong has improved this season, Townsend has stagnated and is past his peak.

I’m 100% sure he’ll start  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2024, 04:50:10 PM »
Don't think there'd be much in the way of safety if they agree to that, talk about inviting incident. Rarely a good idea.

Sheff Wednesday confirm the extra section will be open for the home fans.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2024, 07:30:16 AM »
Last night's Leeds result just shows how unpredictable this whole end of season thing is!  :o
Getting ready to head of up t'north and trusting in my Baggies to do whatever is required to get us over that line and at least into the semi's
COYB SOTV UTFA 
Kipre, Kipre, Cedric Kipre
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

the other AJ

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2024, 09:07:18 AM »
Once more into the breach my friends, we can do this, COYB!!!!
💙💙💙💙💙💙💙
Baggie Down Under 🙃

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2024, 09:43:16 AM »
Wednesday will be fighting like tigers and it will be a very tough game with, I suspect, them high pressing. Playing out from the back at walking pace could be dangerous and maybe better to use the long ball which may create opportunities.
If we play as well as we did against Leicester, we should get at least a point but perform like we did in the previous games to that and we’ll lose.
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2024, 11:08:13 AM »
As Carlos has said - last 25 games, they're only 3 points worse off than us. Going to be tough
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2024, 11:15:26 AM »
After seeing Leeds getting torn apart by QPR, and  Liverpool bottling it ,its obvious anything can happen. Its all on us, we have our fate in our hands, its mind games now.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2024, 12:56:26 PM »
Wednesday will be fighting like tigers and it will be a very tough game with, I suspect, them high pressing. Playing out from the back at walking pace could be dangerous and maybe better to use the long ball which may create opportunities.
If we play as well as we did against Leicester, we should get at least a point but perform like we did in the previous games to that and we’ll lose.
I was thinking exactly this.  They will give us the charge - knock it over them and use our pace!

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2024, 01:48:48 PM »

The Long Ball game requires at least one player in attack who can hold the ball up and distribute to those running past.  We have no-one capable of that.
Better to stick to the project, keep hold of the ball, cycle it around the the back until a gap appears or wait until we tire them out chasing.  then bring on Diangana and Fellows to run at them.

Point will do after our recent dearth.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2024, 01:55:15 PM »
I hope we get over the line today  because what with the weather being so cold and miserable the last thing I want is the class empty among us spreading their wave of doom and darkness over us all.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2024, 02:05:28 PM »

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2024, 02:28:32 PM »
Albion (4-2-3-1): Palmer; Furlong, Bartley, Kipre, Townsend; Yokuslu, M'Vila; Phillips, Diangana, Johnston; Wallace.

Albion subs: Griffiths, Ajayi, Reach, Chalobah, Mowatt, Swift, Fellows, Maja, Thomas-Asante.
West Brom 2023/24

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2024, 02:30:58 PM »
Wallace leading the line again?
West Brom 2023/24