Author Topic: This “rebuild”  (Read 35416 times)

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

Re: This “rebuild”
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2022, 09:45:26 PM »
Forget a rebuild nobody is buing these mega expensive players. We will be stuck wityh the same gutless players next season so look forward to the same again.
Gera, Gera, Gera

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2022, 12:01:44 AM »
League one here we come and that £200 million investment will be worth peanuts 🥜

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2022, 08:52:21 AM »
We need a Gary Megson. The manager is the most important position in a football club. We need a manager who knows what he is doing and knows how to achieve it.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2022, 09:12:40 AM »
Need to find someone akin to the guy at Celtic, flying under the radar and not part of the old boy network.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2022, 09:25:57 AM »
Need to find someone akin to the guy at Celtic, flying under the radar and not part of the old boy network.

He was managing a Japanese team that is part of the City Group. I daresay in football circles that isn't flying under the radar, but to our leadership team it might as well be on Mars!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2022, 09:37:33 AM »
These players can't cope with a strong minded manager. The poor darlings will be so upset.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2022, 09:55:35 AM »
As I stated earlier on in this topic, this rebuild absolutely has to happen.

By rebuild I don't necessarily mean we need to get rid of everyone and bring in a whole new squad but we have to bring in five or six proper players for next season.

I said before it's going to take strong leadership to sort this mess out but it absolutely has to happen it can't be swept under the carpet with the "it won't happen" attitude. It needs to be made to happen.

There is no such thing really as a transfer list these days but with the exception of a core of youngsters I'd be making the rest of the squad, the "senior pro's" all available for transfer at prices that are as low as we can afford and should any club come in for these players let them go. I really hope the club are in the ears of the players agents and advising them to do what's best for their clients.

I said before the start of last season that we needed to bring in three forwards or we've got no chance. I was so strong in my view that Smeth Dan was taking the mick and telling me to calm down. (I think he cares about my blood pressure  ;D).

Well, I was right then, look where we are and I will be right again unless the club take very strong action next summer.

Believe it or not I don't want to come on here and tell everyone how right I was, I want the club to do what they need to do to avoid that.

The biggest summer ahead for West Bromwich Albion in 20 years certainly.

Don't blow this Albion!

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2022, 09:59:57 AM »
As I stated earlier on in this topic, this rebuild absolutely has to happen.

By rebuild I don't necessarily mean we need to get rid of everyone and bring in a whole new squad but we have to bring in five or six proper players for next season.

I said before it's going to take strong leadership to sort this mess out but it absolutely has to happen it can't be swept under the carpet with the "it won't happen" attitude. It needs to be made to happen.

There is no such thing really as a transfer list these days but with the exception of a core of youngsters I'd be making the rest of the squad, the "senior pro's" all available for transfer at prices that are as low as we can afford and should any club come in for these players let them go. I really hope the club are in the ears of the players agents and advising them to do what's best for their clients.

I said before the start of last season that we needed to bring in three forwards or we've got no chance. I was so strong in my view that Smeth Dan was taking the mick and telling me to calm down. (I think he cares about my blood pressure  ;D).

Well, I was right then, look where we are and I will be right again unless the club take very strong action next summer.

Believe it or not I don't want to come on here and tell everyone how right I was, I want the club to do what they need to do to avoid that.

The biggest summer ahead for West Bromwich Albion in 20 years certainly.

Don't blow this Albion!

You can't rebuild without foundations. The strong foundations which were laid over about 15 years have been torn up over the past few years.

The following needs to happen in this order to stand a chance of the club bouncing back as a force;
New owners
New board
New Head of Football
New Head Coach
New Squad

When you put it that way, this 'rebuild' will be easy peesy!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2022, 10:39:44 AM »
I think it would be easier for someone to start up a new club called West Bromwich Strollers and we can all $0d off and support them.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2022, 11:06:47 AM »
Forget a rebuild nobody is buying these mega expensive players. We will be stuck with the same gutless players next season so look forward to the same again.
Surely now we play the youngsters. Lets really see how many are capable of stepping up - who knows it cannot be any worse and we might get a pleasant surprise?
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2022, 11:12:09 AM »
Surely now we play the youngsters. Lets really see how many are capable of stepping up - who knows it cannot be any worse and we might get a pleasant surprise?
I agree to an extent as long as it’s just a few at a time. There is a big gap between the level that they regularly play at and the Championship. Whilst they may make good future players putting too many in at the same time too early in their development may be detrimental to them.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2022, 11:24:45 AM »

I'd be very happy to see a few in the squad each week. No point in pushing for top six now as there is no chance whatsoever and I'm really sick to the back teeth of our current mob.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2022, 11:51:38 AM »
I agree to an extent as long as it’s just a few at a time. There is a big gap between the level that they regularly play at and the Championship. Whilst they may make good future players putting too many in at the same time too early in their development may be detrimental to them.
So lets play a spine and put the kids in around them suggest Johnstone, Clarke, O'shea, Livermore (reluctantly) and Grant start. Although good case for bringing Palmer in too.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2022, 01:56:38 PM »
So lets play a spine and put the kids in around them suggest Johnstone, Clarke, O'shea, Livermore (reluctantly) and Grant start. Although good case for bringing Palmer in too.

Don't you wish we supporters were running the shop?

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2022, 02:06:14 PM »
I would love to have shares in the club and ab input into how it is run.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2022, 02:12:53 PM »
The recent performances and results of the u23s suggests that they are not up to it.
 Now we have nothing to play for (except for pride) I'd like to see Clearly given a chance to see what he could do. Be good to see if Palmer is good enough for 1st choice next .season

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2022, 02:24:15 PM »
I would love to have shares in the club and ab input into how it is run.

A few years ago you could have, but Peace stopped that little Avenue of pleasure...
MAGA!

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2022, 02:28:11 PM »
The first achievable thing to start a proper rebuild, as others have alluded to, is to appoint a good coach who can improve players, motivate them, and get them playing for each other as a team. This season i would suggest that the only player who has noticeably improved is Gardner Hickman, the team don't look motivated, and I struggle to see any team spirit or plan most weeks. However, I'm pretty sure it will be SB at the start of next season and that is just depressing.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2022, 05:57:16 PM »
The first achievable thing to start a proper rebuild, as others have alluded to, is to appoint a good coach who can improve players, motivate them, and get them playing for each other as a team. This season i would suggest that the only player who has noticeably improved is Gardner Hickman, the team don't look motivated, and I struggle to see any team spirit or plan most weeks. However, I'm pretty sure it will be SB at the start of next season and that is just depressing.

I do agree in that we need a manager who can improve players - and they had a tracksuit manager in Valerien Ismael and look at how that went.

Unfortunately there are a numbers of players who have reached their peak (Townsend, Bartley, Ajayi, Johnstone, Reach, Furlong, Livermore, Mowatt, Phillips, Robinson, Zohore, Carroll) will not improve their skills or ability no matter how much work is put onto them on the training pitch. You could make a case for Diangana and Grant but at least they may have time on their side.

The fact that these players as a collective group cannot motivate themselves to give a toss in a local derby whereby we needed to win to keep our chances of promotion alive says everything I need to know about them. Many will not get such lucrative contracts ever again and we're paying the price for that now.

In terms of the rebuild then I think we need to get our recruitment right off the pitch first. If we fail to address the glaring issues behind the scenes then we're just going to have another wasted summer of ill-thought player recruitment with the same calls for another rebuild in 12 and 18 months time.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2022, 07:48:42 PM »
It will another knee-jerk summer. new Alan Irvine, cheap as chips appointment, getting rid of the odd has been, but not enough to make a dent in the wage costs, get money from Sam Johnston and spunk it all on some League 1, non goal scoring goal scorer. We done I'm afraid.
We are to Villa/Wolves  what Sunderland are to Newcastle. Time to wake up and taste the reality but its a bitter taste to take.

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2022, 10:19:56 PM »
It will another knee-jerk summer. new Alan Irvine, cheap as chips appointment, getting rid of the odd has been, but not enough to make a dent in the wage costs, get money from Sam Johnston and spunk it all on some League 1, non goal scoring goal scorer. We done I'm afraid.
We are to Villa/Wolves  what Sunderland are to Newcastle. Time to wake up and taste the reality but its a bitter taste to take.

Agree, except we won't be getting any money for Johnstone
Allllllll aboard

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2022, 12:38:52 AM »
Tell mr bruce to use his contacts to get as many out the door as possible. The more he can get rid of on a permenant deal the higher his pay off should be.

Johnstone going. Can we get Phillips bartley Livermore reach out the door and wages off the books? Who the hell is going to take Grant off us? Robinson? Dare i say diangana.

Tells you how bad olly burke was that robinson is seen as fat better. Maybe we have to start doing the football manager transfers and start trading players. Phillips plus cash for some up and comer for example..
O Albion we love you

benalbion

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2022, 08:04:17 AM »
I don't get it. Millions of pounds goes out on so called professional coaching staff etc at the club and we have no identity whatsoever. Personally I feel its where we need to start before any real clearout /rebuild or we will just continue to play the same terrible football and go nowhere. We need a blueprint and some identity to play the way we want to play as a club. I don't know whose job it is but we need someone to say right this is how we are playing as a club from now on from the under 10's to the first team and get someone in who buys into that. Surely we can get staff in to start implementing a style of play and like I say whatever coach/manager comes in buys into it and starts to sort the mess out. Who deals with this at the top ? Anyone with half a footballing brain can see this is where we need to start and if things don't go well for a bit tough s##t we stick with it. Yes some dead wood needs to go but again I repeat anyone with half a footballing brain who comes in will see straight away who is up for it and who needs to go.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2022, 08:43:29 AM »
I don't get it. Millions of pounds goes out on so called professional coaching staff etc at the club and we have no identity whatsoever. Personally I feel its where we need to start before any real clearout /rebuild or we will just continue to play the same terrible football and go nowhere. We need a blueprint and some identity to play the way we want to play as a club. I don't know whose job it is but we need someone to say right this is how we are playing as a club from now on from the under 10's to the first team and get someone in who buys into that. Surely we can get staff in to start implementing a style of play and like I say whatever coach/manager comes in buys into it and starts to sort the mess out. Who deals with this at the top ? Anyone with half a footballing brain can see this is where we need to start and if things don't go well for a bit tough s##t we stick with it. Yes some dead wood needs to go but again I repeat anyone with half a footballing brain who comes in will see straight away who is up for it and who needs to go.

Pretty sure that was the exact plan with Ismael but the first team rejected it. The under 23s were doing ok until that style stopped.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2022, 08:50:01 AM »
Pretty sure that was the exact plan with Ismael but the first team rejected it. The under 23s were doing ok until that style stopped.

That was the plan with Ismael, but as well as the players, the fans also didn't take to it, and I include myself there. It was dire football at times.

The idea was correct, but we executed it with the wrong guy.

He/him