Author Topic: Ahmed Hegazi leaves for Al-Ittihad  (Read 245489 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Ahmed Hegazi
« Reply #550 on: July 10, 2019, 09:27:39 AM »
So it starts !

https://tbrfootball.com/saudi-reports-suggest-west-brom-star-and-aston-villa-target-is-off-to-al-ahli/

At least we should get decent money for him

it's just a rehash of the story that was put out yesterday.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #551 on: July 10, 2019, 09:35:30 AM »
I'm pleased because we finally have a manager who I think knows exactly who and what he wants and more importantly, knows exactly what he is doing. We at last have a proper leader and I think whoever he brings in will be on his wavelength and be here because they want to be here and because they have total respect in the manager. We haven't had that for years. Even if the players we bring in might not necessarily jump out at you as being equal or better replacements, the importance of wanting to play for the club, for the manager and to fully embrace what we as a team and a club are trying to do will in my opinion get us results. I'm not interested in so called big name, big reputation players. I much prefer someone who is hungrier, dedicated, maybe with a point to prove, rather than someone playing with half a mind on their latest big, fat, weekly pay packet and their wannabe celebrity status.

That's just fluffy nonsense though.  Pulis knew exactly what he was doing and what players he wanted (regardless if you disagree with his methods\players).  The same could be said for most, if not all, managers.  And then you're making assumptions about the type of player we'll be bringing in.   What's that based on other than hope?   It's like you've invented the whole scenario of who we will sign, what they'll be like, etc.  It'd be like me saying "I'm happy that we've got rid of who we have because we'll be bringing in players who will be the future Messi and we'll romp to the title scoring 180 goals and never losing a game".

I don't mean to have a go.  I think you're optimistic for the future (which I think we all are), I just think it's difficult to say we're happy with the outgoings until we've seen the incomings.  What if the incomings are players not as good as those that are already here, and the new players are here for a big, fat, weekly pay packet?

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #552 on: July 10, 2019, 09:41:05 AM »
I reckon we could be done now regarding first team outgoings

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #553 on: July 10, 2019, 09:42:24 AM »
I reckon we could be done now regarding first team outgoings

I would say Hegazi is nailed on to go, I wish I could say the same about HRK and Livermore
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #554 on: July 10, 2019, 09:48:22 AM »
Rondon (for sure) and Phillips (if we get a decent offer) will go.  HRK in the last year of his contract too, but no one is stupid enough to make and offer or take on his wages.  Oh... Nyom too.

Livermore, Gibbs, Hegazi also possible - but it'll take the right offer.  I imagine the club will want to have some proven, established players (Livermore?) and continuity.  Also they'll want some assets to sell next summer if we're not promoted/PL proven players if we are promoted.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #555 on: July 10, 2019, 09:53:23 AM »
I'm pleased because we finally have a manager who I think knows exactly who and what he wants and more importantly, knows exactly what he is doing. We at last have a proper leader and I think whoever he brings in will be on his wavelength and be here because they want to be here and because they have total respect in the manager. We haven't had that for years. Even if the players we bring in might not necessarily jump out at you as being equal or better replacements, the importance of wanting to play for the club, for the manager and to fully embrace what we as a team and a club are trying to do will in my opinion get us results. I'm not interested in so called big name, big reputation players. I much prefer someone who is hungrier, dedicated, maybe with a point to prove, rather than someone playing with half a mind on their latest big, fat, weekly pay packet and their wannabe celebrity status.
How much say do you think Slaven has had in the out goings ?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #556 on: July 10, 2019, 10:52:15 AM »
How much say do you think Slaven has had in the out goings ?

Slaven knew EXACTLY who would be likely to be leaving before he accepted the job offer. It is naive in the extreme to think that this would not have been fully disclosed and discussed at the initial interview stage. I don't think Slaven is overly bothered about any departures as like I've stated elsewhere over the last couple of days, it gives him a clean slate to work with and the opportunity to stamp his mark on the side.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #557 on: July 10, 2019, 11:08:17 AM »
That's just fluffy nonsense though.  Pulis knew exactly what he was doing and what players he wanted (regardless if you disagree with his methods\players).  The same could be said for most, if not all, managers.  And then you're making assumptions about the type of player we'll be bringing in.   What's that based on other than hope?   It's like you've invented the whole scenario of who we will sign, what they'll be like, etc.  It'd be like me saying "I'm happy that we've got rid of who we have because we'll be bringing in players who will be the future Messi and we'll romp to the title scoring 180 goals and never losing a game".

I don't mean to have a go.  I think you're optimistic for the future (which I think we all are), I just think it's difficult to say we're happy with the outgoings until we've seen the incomings.  What if the incomings are players not as good as those that are already here, and the new players are here for a big, fat, weekly pay packet?

I know you're not having a go. It's not fluffy nonsense though is it. The example you state over Pulis is flawed as it might be well and good saying Pulis knew what he was doing, but that was in his own head, it wasn't necessarily in favour with the playing staff or indeed existing backroom staff and certainly not with the supporters. I totally see your point about it being difficult to say we are happy with the outgoings until we see the replacements but my logic to my point is that the replacements are going to be Slaven's choices to meet Slaven's style and outlook and working with Slaven's backroom team. Slaven is not a dinosaur a la Pulis, any incoming players will be fully aware of what Slaven's Albion are all about and what is expected of them and on the other side of the coin, Slaven will not be bringing in anyone who he feels cant bring to the table what he wants to see from his Albion side. I did mention that they might not be superstars or big names or players that don't immediately look like they will be adequate replacements but they will fit in with the ethos and ethics with what Slaven and HIS backroom team want at the club. This is why I'm not sorry to see the likes of Hegazi and others leave. For the first time in a long time we have the chance to make a completely fresh start and we should embrace that.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #558 on: July 11, 2019, 12:07:45 PM »
So the supposed move to Saudi looks like a load of bull. What a surprise.

www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-imminent-exit-west-brom-16564968

We might receive a bid from Villa though.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #559 on: July 11, 2019, 01:02:10 PM »
So the supposed move to Saudi looks like a load of bull. What a surprise.

www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-imminent-exit-west-brom-16564968

We might receive a bid from Villa though.
theyve just signed Konsa, to go with Mings and Hause. I can’t see them buying a fourth CB this window.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #560 on: July 11, 2019, 02:21:27 PM »
theyve just signed Konsa, to go with Mings and Hause. I can’t see them buying a fourth CB this window.
Agree, and if they did I imagine it would be for a decent fee - so not much to worry about here.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #561 on: July 11, 2019, 04:06:56 PM »
Is he in Spain or still on holiday?

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #562 on: July 11, 2019, 04:10:48 PM »
Is he in Spain or still on holiday?

I'd imagine he'll get two or three weeks off after AFCON. So maybe back next week

He/him

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #563 on: July 17, 2019, 07:59:29 AM »
I'd imagine he'll get two or three weeks off after AFCON. So maybe back next week

or maybe he won't?

https://the72.co.uk/138966/west-brom-centre-back-has-head-turned-by-egyptian-interest/

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #564 on: July 17, 2019, 08:04:05 AM »
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:35:19 AM by MarkW »

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #565 on: July 17, 2019, 09:05:20 AM »
They think £4 million is too expensive, how ridiculous !
Agreed but if his wages are high from our point of view it's more about reducing the wage bill than getting a huge fee. I think he'll be sold if a reasonable offer comes in. Unfortunately, clubs know the situation we are in.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #566 on: July 17, 2019, 09:10:58 AM »
Agreed but if his wages are high from our point of view it's more about reducing the wage bill than getting a huge fee. I think he'll be sold if a reasonable offer comes in. Unfortunately, clubs know the situation we are in.

I would think he was not one of best paid, any adequate replacement would need to be paid a similar wage and would likely to cost more than £4 million to buy! He needs to be kept in my opinion.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #567 on: July 17, 2019, 09:39:41 AM »
I would think he was not one of best paid, any adequate replacement would need to be paid a similar wage and would likely to cost more than £4 million to buy! He needs to be kept in my opinion.
Don't get me wrong - I too would love to see him say but in the current regime I believe any player could be sold or loaned out just to get the wage bill down. As for the wages of players we are hoping to bring in - I'll reserve judgement. I think we'll struggle to attract many in the time we have.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #568 on: July 17, 2019, 10:12:01 AM »
They think £4 million is too expensive, how ridiculous !

The monetary unit sign in the article is for Euros not pounds making it sound even dafter. Twenty eight year old coming into his prime and contracted to June 2022 (I think). Only way he'd be off for that amount is if he has a release clause in his contract or if Jenkins was desperate for cash flow. Oh dear.........
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #569 on: July 17, 2019, 10:48:25 AM »
Egyptian pounds ;)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #570 on: July 18, 2019, 10:28:56 AM »
or maybe he won't?

https://the72.co.uk/138966/west-brom-centre-back-has-head-turned-by-egyptian-interest/

I think it's a mis reading of the original BS story about the Saudi Side Al Ahli being after him, they've just misread Al Ahli for his old club Al Ahly

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #571 on: July 19, 2019, 11:18:02 AM »
According to Chris Lepko on Twitter he has picked up a significant injury and will be out for a while!  ???
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #572 on: July 19, 2019, 11:19:09 AM »
Few people on twitter seem to think he’s going to be out for s few months.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #573 on: July 19, 2019, 11:48:36 AM »
I'm starting to think Bilic has backed his car over a Robin the way his lucks going

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #574 on: July 19, 2019, 11:50:57 AM »
we get to keep him til January then
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties