Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 851615 times)

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3700 on: March 10, 2019, 06:54:26 PM »
The more I read it does seem Jones was a very bad decision and maybe Darren's biggest mistake. We didn't do too badly with Moore minus Jones last season? Matt Wilson's latest piece is illuminating and reflects what many of us feel I think certainly me.......

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3701 on: March 10, 2019, 06:54:47 PM »
Yes, undoubtedly the best squad in the league.

When did I say they can't pass the ball and play like Sunday league players? Are you disputing the fact that our defenders are not suited to playing in a back 3 and tip tapping? THE TACTICS ARE SUNDAY LEAGUE NOT THE PLAYERS.

Hegazi, Dawson Gibbs and Holgate are quality players and if setup up properly, would have many more clean sheets. Anybody who has watched us this season should now that.
I do watch regularly every game actually and have for years so don't come with that rubbish cause my view is different to yours  and no we definitely have not got the best squad far from it.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3702 on: March 10, 2019, 06:58:29 PM »
No post from Jacko in 24 hours. I think a storm is approaching.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3703 on: March 10, 2019, 07:00:20 PM »
I think its very sad that Moore has been sacked, he was a symbol of hope, unity and one of our own, but whilst its sad, it's also the right decision.

At the end of last season, he appeared to motivate a revival, that may be partly true, but it was more a case of player power returning to their comfort zone and striving to keep their Premiership pay packets and as a result of this mini revival, big Dave got the job, so he got the job on a false premise when you look at it honestly.

Now to this season, he was well backed and tried to change the playing style with three at the back playing out from the back, that was a disaster and much criticised by many on here, eventually he returned to a back four, but still playing out from the back, some improvement, but still awkward with many errors, because the players are not up to it, we have a backline who are normally risk averse and a midfield horribly neglected since Pulis dictated that they were largely irrelevant as they watched the ball launched over their heads, then returned to a shield of four in front of the defence.

Darren was backed with several signings and loan signings which left him with a strong first 11, especially once the useless Kyle Bartley was removed [at £6million, probably the worst signing in the history of the club].

Unlike many on here, I don't get too high following wins or too low following losses, but what was becoming increasingly obvious was that Darren was struggling, his tactics were at best predictable and easily countered, his ability to change a game almost non existent, we luckily got a draw yesterday against a poor Ipswich side, only two saves from Johnstone save an appalling defeat.

Darren has been found out, he simply was not up to the job, its sad, but the club made the correct decision, it would only have got worse from here as the fans, who in the main have been patient and supportive, turned to venomous.

Good luck in the future Dave, you are a creditable and sincere Albion man, your reputation as a Baggie will remain, but time ran out this season and it was the best for you and the club.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 07:02:57 PM by The Black Pearl »
Baggie in Southampton

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3704 on: March 10, 2019, 07:12:44 PM »
 I too tink Jones could have been a factor. But Darren Moore should have told him who was in charge. Nice bloke Darren Moore but not a Megson.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3705 on: March 10, 2019, 07:23:03 PM »
If DM has been sacked without a replacement lined up that is shocking mismanagement from our board of disasters.

Imo they must have someone like jobless allardyce lined up with a short term contract of big bonus on promotion or you can walk away to another job elsewhere.

Good look to DM in whatever he chooses to do next. He didn't deserve the personal abuse he got and imo he had plenty of credit in the bank to not be subjected to that after bring a cornerstone of a side that took us at of the wilderness after 16 years.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3706 on: March 10, 2019, 07:26:32 PM »
I do watch regularly every game actually and have for years so don't come with that rubbish cause my view is different to yours  and no we definitely have not got the best squad far from it.

You're the only one spouting rubbish as you took the contents of my post way out of context... and YES we do have the best squad in the league. Hopefully we get to see it if we bring in somebody competent. The only reason we are 4th is because of our quality. We've managed this despite Moore and Jones, not because of.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 07:30:19 PM by VANDERLEI »

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3707 on: March 10, 2019, 07:29:32 PM »
No post from Jacko in 24 hours. I think a storm is approaching.

Probably banned...

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3708 on: March 10, 2019, 07:32:44 PM »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3709 on: March 10, 2019, 07:34:33 PM »
You're the only one spouting rubbish as you took the contents of my post way out of context... and YES we do have the best squad in the league. Hopefully we get to see it if we bring in somebody competent. The only reason we are 4th is because of our quality. We've managed this despite Moore and Jones, not because of.
Mate you thought Murphy was man of the match yesterday!! So on that note I ain't getting into any further discussion about Moore or the squad, you got your view I got mine.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3710 on: March 10, 2019, 07:43:40 PM »
Mate you thought Murphy was man of the match yesterday!! So on that note I ain't getting into any further discussion about Moore or the squad, you got your view I got mine.

Well perhaps forums are not for you then mate, because that is the whole point of them! Murphy was our best player. Who did you have as MOM? Bartley?  ::)

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3711 on: March 10, 2019, 07:45:55 PM »
Well perhaps forums are not for you then mate, because that is the whole point of them! Murphy was our best player. Who did you have as MOM? Bartley?  ::)

Just to muddy the waters, it was clearly Townsend. 🤪
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3712 on: March 10, 2019, 07:48:33 PM »
Just to muddy the waters, it was clearly Townsend. 🤪

:D

Now he was really bad. He is one player that is definitely not Premier league quality, that is for sure.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3713 on: March 10, 2019, 07:50:36 PM »
Even he was better than Murphy. Forums are for discussion and different points of view! You don't discuss you state as fact what you think.like Murphy was our best player. Your opinion mate not mine.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3714 on: March 10, 2019, 07:51:46 PM »
:D

Now he was really bad. He is one player that is definitely not Premier league quality, that is for sure.
Here You go again your opinion not a fact!

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3715 on: March 10, 2019, 07:54:17 PM »
Here You go again your opinion not a fact!

Maybe not a fact on Planet 59 but on Planet Earth, it very much is a fact.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3716 on: March 10, 2019, 07:54:53 PM »
I think we can all surely agree that Townsend is not Premier League quality...

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3717 on: March 10, 2019, 07:55:00 PM »
Can we cut the petty squabbles out please gents !!!

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3718 on: March 10, 2019, 07:55:49 PM »

Apparently not!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3719 on: March 10, 2019, 08:08:58 PM »
 :'(

I think someone could put an argument forward that he’s not Championship quality
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3720 on: March 10, 2019, 08:19:36 PM »
The more I read it does seem Jones was a very bad decision and maybe Darren's biggest mistake. We didn't do too badly with Moore minus Jones last season? Matt Wilson's latest piece is illuminating and reflects what many of us feel I think certainly me.......
I think last season was a holding job by Moore, the football was solid but not enterprising. I'm sure that's not what he wanted the football to stay like this season - he wanted to get promotion playing attacking exciting football.
He may well have thought he needed a coach more used to working with teams playing attacking football hence the appointment of Jones.
I suspect that Moore was instrumental in the decision to give Morrison his 2 year contract despite his appalling injury record over the previous 3 years. The result of this has been Morrison missing the majority of games through injury thereby limiting our attacking midfield options. Bringing Hoolahan in was probably worth a punt in the circumstances but it doesn't hide the strong need for a younger fitter attacking midfielder to join the ranks.
I feel sorry for Moore that it's ended like this, it is premature, as Matt Wilson said 2 weeks ago we were closing in on the top two. He's a rarity in being a manager seemingly without any ego and really hope he finds a job he enjoys going forward whether that's another shot at management or going back to the academy side of things.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3721 on: March 10, 2019, 08:20:25 PM »
I think its very sad that Moore has been sacked, he was a symbol of hope, unity and one of our own, but whilst its sad, it's also the right decision.

At the end of last season, he appeared to motivate a revival, that may be partly true, but it was more a case of player power returning to their comfort zone and striving to keep their Premiership pay packets and as a result of this mini revival, big Dave got the job, so he got the job on a false premise when you look at it honestly.

Now to this season, he was well backed and tried to change the playing style with three at the back playing out from the back, that was a disaster and much criticised by many on here, eventually he returned to a back four, but still playing out from the back, some improvement, but still awkward with many errors, because the players are not up to it, we have a backline who are normally risk averse and a midfield horribly neglected since Pulis dictated that they were largely irrelevant as they watched the ball launched over their heads, then returned to a shield of four in front of the defence.

Darren was backed with several signings and loan signings which left him with a strong first 11, especially once the useless Kyle Bartley was removed [at £6million, probably the worst signing in the history of the club].

Unlike many on here, I don't get too high following wins or too low following losses, but what was becoming increasingly obvious was that Darren was struggling, his tactics were at best predictable and easily countered, his ability to change a game almost non existent, we luckily got a draw yesterday against a poor Ipswich side, only two saves from Johnstone save an appalling defeat.

Darren has been found out, he simply was not up to the job, its sad, but the club made the correct decision, it would only have got worse from here as the fans, who in the main have been patient and supportive, turned to venomous.

Good luck in the future Dave, you are a creditable and sincere Albion man, your reputation as a Baggie will remain, but time ran out this season and it was the best for you and the club.

Good post.  Balanced and thought provoking.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3722 on: March 10, 2019, 08:51:51 PM »
no sitting on the fence with an undecided option, just a straightforward answer to gauge if you support or oppose the decision.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3723 on: March 10, 2019, 08:57:43 PM »
Completely agree and am happy the club have acted swiftly while there is still time for a final push for the top two. Moore and Jones have underperformed in my opinion and have failed to address our glaring problems.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3724 on: March 10, 2019, 09:01:19 PM »
Should have got until the end of the season at least.