Author Topic: Filip Krovinovic leaves WBA (Loan Terminated)  (Read 176944 times)

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

Re: Filip Krovinovic (on loan from Benfica)
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2019, 11:39:17 PM »
The team for the Final against Port Vale.Midfielders are in BOLD

GK   1   Tony Lange
RB   2   Nicky Reid
LB   3   Steve Lilwall
CM   4   Darren Bradley
CB   5   Paul Raven
CB   6   Gary Strodder
CF   7   Andy Hunt      
CM   8   Ian Hamilton
CF   9   Bob Taylor
LM   10   Bernard McNally
RM   11   Kevin Donovan

Substitutes:
FW      Simon Garner      
MF      Gary Robson
Manager:
Osvaldo Ardiles

Didn't we play the diamond, with Donovan at 'the tip' behind Taylor and Hunt and Bradley at 'the base' in front of the defence? Mellon would have played in McNally's place on the right if he hadn't been sent off in the semi-final.

Taylor        Hunt

Donovan

Hamilton                               McNally

Bradley

Lilwall      Raven        Strodder       Reid

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2019, 01:42:51 AM »
First time I saw him in Benidorm pre season I thought he was excellent,but for me he is becoming less convincing each game so far,his first touch v Derby was poor,plus his insistence of trying to play the ball through the middle of a packed defence on the oppositions 18yard line is beginning to grate a little as it never works,also I really dislike the short corner routine which again never works,for me based on the last couple of games he is the one I would not guarantee a start too,prariera could take his place

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2019, 01:53:17 AM »
First time I saw him in Benidorm pre season I thought he was excellent,but for me he is becoming less convincing each game so far,his first touch v Derby was poor,plus his insistence of trying to play the ball through the middle of a packed defence on the oppositions 18yard line is beginning to grate a little as it never works,also I really dislike the short corner routine which again never works,for me based on the last couple of games he is the one I would not guarantee a start too,prariera could take his place

Krovinovic links everything together, if he wasn't there you'd cry at the difference. All the guy needs is help, others on his wavelength and that's where Pereira comes in. He's our equivalent to David Silva. You don't drop players like that, you add quality alongside them.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 09:27:39 AM by Atomic »

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2019, 02:07:07 AM »
Sorry I have to disagree here,he runs around a lot but the end product is getting worse,his first touch v Derby was terrible,i really hope I'm wrong I this one,lets see how it goes

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2019, 08:03:46 AM »
He's the best player we've had for ages, he may just be trying a bit too hard at the moment, if that makes sense.  I think when Austin is fully fit they will be very good together. 

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2019, 09:00:42 AM »
I obviously didn't see the same game as those who thought Krovinovic's first touch was poor against Derby.   In the game I watched, he often got the ball when surrounded by up to 3 defenders and still managed to turn and give it to one of our men.  At the moment the only one control that comes near Krov is Sawyers and he's playing in space.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2019, 09:20:20 AM »
I obviously didn't see the same game as those who thought Krovinovic's first touch was poor against Derby.   In the game I watched, he often got the ball when surrounded by up to 3 defenders and still managed to turn and give it to one of our men.  At the moment the only one control that comes near Krov is Sawyers and he's playing in space.
I wholeheartedly agree. As you say, Sawyers usually has space to play in, but his passing more than often reaches the target. Krov is a quick thinker, weighs up his options, then makes a quick pass. Too often though, others haven’t made the move he was hoping for.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2019, 04:26:40 PM »
He links up so well with pereira, got to play them both for me

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2019, 07:33:02 PM »

Spot on, those two plus Diangana supporting Zohore would cause chaos.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2019, 07:55:06 PM »
Sorry I have to disagree here,he runs around a lot but the end product is getting worse,his first touch v Derby was terrible,i really hope I'm wrong I this one,lets see how it goes
Its all a matter of opinions of course, and thats what this forum is all about, but seriously, this lad is a class act, and as others have said, he just needs others around him to start reading his plays and movements ( like Pereira can), and he will be a match winner for us.
I think you are in a minority on this one !

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2019, 09:51:15 PM »
He's class, he just needs time to get into the groove. Austin, Diangana and Pereira will smash teams in a few games time. They just need a few games to build a bit of cohesion.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2019, 08:36:28 AM »

100% agree.

You see it in flashes when they are both on the pitch, they work well and can get the ball moving.

I would throw Sawyers into that mix aswell, he and Krov seem to flow well and pretty much all our moves go through them two.

I think if he can grab a goal soon it will do him the world of good.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2019, 12:11:52 PM »
I think our team looks poorer without him. He was a good link from Sawyers to the frontman and wingers and his ball retention is good.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2019, 12:30:15 PM »
I think our team looks poorer without him. He was a good link from Sawyers to the frontman and wingers and his ball retention is good.

We were much better when he replaced Livermore as he’s an actual footballer. He was busy, showed for the ball, kept possession in tight areas, his decision making was good. His team mates trusted him. He kept it simple. That in turn allowed Edwards to get into one on ones with their full back and Periera came alive. You could also see the pressure lifting off Sawyers. I’d like to see him alongside Romain in midfield with Livermore on the bench and Diagana and Periera playing with Edwards in front and Austin or Zohore.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2019, 06:06:44 PM »
We were much better when he replaced Livermore as he’s an actual footballer. He was busy, showed for the ball, kept possession in tight areas, his decision making was good. His team mates trusted him. He kept it simple. That in turn allowed Edwards to get into one on ones with their full back and Periera came alive. You could also see the pressure lifting off Sawyers. I’d like to see him alongside Romain in midfield with Livermore on the bench and Diagana and Periera playing with Edwards in front and Austin or Zohore.

I agree.
Especially at home when we want to attack and people are sitting in. They maybe some
Games where you need Livermore for more of a scrap
O Albion we love you

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2019, 08:01:49 PM »

It’s an exciting though to have that midfield all start - what a transformation from the Pauli’s years that would be. The question would be if there is anyone who can put their foot in and make a tackle. But in a pure footballing sense that would be some midfield.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2019, 09:56:03 AM »

I agree especially for home games. We may be better with a Livermore in tough away games where we need to dig in for a while.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2019, 10:02:29 AM »
The thing is, football is so much of a squad game now every player will look good against some teams and poor against other. Same with Phillips, didn't look great at weekend but will do in other games.

Also need to remember the hardest thing in football is consistency, if we were a more consistent team we wouldn't be in the champ.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #168 on: September 22, 2019, 05:47:30 PM »
For me this lad has been the biggest disappointment so far this season. When brought in I thought he was going to be very influential in everything we did but once again when took off at Half Time we look a far better team.

Technically you can see he’s good, can pass and get out of right situations but far too often he slows things down and doesn’t contribute assists and goals.
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #169 on: September 22, 2019, 06:35:54 PM »
For me this lad has been the biggest disappointment so far this season. When brought in I thought he was going to be very influential in everything we did but once again when took off at Half Time we look a far better team.

Technically you can see he’s good, can pass and get out of right situations but far too often he slows things down and doesn’t contribute assists and goals.

Needs to play in central midfield alongside Sawyers.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #170 on: September 22, 2019, 06:37:47 PM »

I said that last week, he may be better suited to a deeper role. If Sawyers gets injured he could slot in his place too IMO.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #171 on: September 22, 2019, 06:47:20 PM »

No way Captain Jake is getting dropped
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2019, 06:50:08 PM »

Don’t see him in that position personally.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2019, 07:48:58 PM »

Never give up do you Jacko ?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2019, 07:57:01 PM »
Never give up do you Jacko ?

Glaringly obvious the weak link in the front 6.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.